Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku (1383 Views)

PDP Must Use Propaganda, Blackmail As Opposition” – House Speaker, Ihedioha / The Dice Is Cast (buhari Or Atiku) Forget The Other 3 Men... / PDP Must Win EDO State-bamangar Tukur(pdp National Party Chairman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Beaf: 12:25am On Aug 17, 2010
[size=14pt]PDP must give me Nwodo waiver or … – Atiku[/size]
National News Aug 17, 2010 Share | By Jide Ajani & Dapo Akinrefon

ABUJA—FORMER Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, said yesterday that his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, remained legal and valid consequent upon the same waiver given to Dr Okwesilieze Nwodo, who recently returned to the PDP to take up the party’s chairmanship position.

He threatened to head for court if the party did not accede to his request. This was just as the South-East geopolitical zone adopted President Goodluck Jonathan as presidential candidate of the old Eastern region for the 2001 election.

Atiku who spoke during an interactive meeting with media executives in Abuja, said he decided to file for a waiver which has been accepted by the party’s leadership.

The presidential aspirant embarked on a judicial tie-back reminiscent of his struggle to oust the powers of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to disqualify candidates for election preparatory to the 2007 general elections which resulted in a landmark judgment in his favour. He, however, insisted that this time, too, he would seek legal redress if the party refused to give him a waiver.

‘We crafted the Constitution’

Atiku said: “I don’t need a waiver and I don’t see how PDP will get out of this. But if they try to get out of this, the courts are there to interprete. It is true, somewhere in the party’s constitution, that if you are a joiner or returnee, there is a provision which states that you cannot run for public office until you have stayed for one or two years.

“I want to state here that all those provisions where not there before. They were inserted by Obasanjo to stop Atiku. I am a founding father of PDP and we crafted the constitution and by the time we did it, Obasanjo was not even in PDP.

Secondly, after late President Yar’Adua came into office, the party felt there was a need to reconcile those who were either forced or frustrated out of the party to return to the PDP.

“The Alex Ekwueme report recommended unconditional return of members who left the party and a White Paper was issued by the party saying that all those who were forced out of the party, should be granted unconditional return to the party. These recommendations were accepted and it directed all state branches to issue registration cards to all returned members of the party.

“The question is: Is the provision contained in this White Paper superior to provisions in the party’s constitution? Now, it is a matter of legal resolution. What the lawyers are saying is that based on the White Paper and the acceptance and approval of this paper, I don’t need a waiver; but all the same, I decided to ask for a waiver and my application for a waiver has been filed this morning.

“I want to tell you that I will get a waiver because I moved out together with Nwodo because we were pushed out at the same time. And then Nwodo was my returning officer at the Action Congress convention in Lagos; so, I want to see how they, PDP, will deny me waiver.”

Sections of the PDP Constitution which deals with returnee members are: Article 8 (9) and 16 (4), and Article 8 (9) states:

“Persons who desire to rejoin the party after leaving it shall, unless exempted by the National Working Committee, NWC, be placed on probation for a period of time not less than a year.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/17/pdp-must-give-me-nwodo-waiver-or-atiku/
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 17, 2010
this useless man no dey shame. . .Is it a must for you to rule/?
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Osama10(m): 1:18am On Aug 17, 2010
ondo_boi:

this useless man no dey shame. . .Is it a must for you to rule/?

Don't mind him, maybe he wants to die trying wink
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by koruji(m): 3:20am On Aug 17, 2010
I don't really know what is wrong with people who find themselves with a lot of undeserved money in Nigeria - thinking everything is possible with money in your pocket. This man basically called the bluff of OBJ and PDP by joining the AC, and contesting the Presidency. Nobody followed him.

PDP under Yar'adua practically shuned OBJ, sent emissaries to him to return, he refused.

Yar'adua died, and one of the first things Atiku did was resign from the AC. He must be joking if PDP is going to allow him to jump back from AC and carry the flag.

He will still be in the courts when the elections are concluded in January, 2011!
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Ofemmanu: 7:10am On Aug 17, 2010
Atiku deserves the waiver rightaway whether GEJ camp likes it or not. . . .If they were able to give the current PDP chairman a waiver with alacrity, so do they have to treat Atiku. Afterall, the PDP chairman, who is suffering from dysentry of the mouth, is also a PDP returnee who decamped with Atiku at the same time.
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by naso2(m): 10:21am On Aug 17, 2010
Yoruba:

Atiku deserves the waiver rightaway whether GEJ camp likes it or not. . . .If they were able to give the current PDP chairman a waiver with alacrity, so do they have to treat Atiku. Afterall, the PDP chairman, who is suffering from dysentry of the mouth, is also a PDP returnee who decamped with Atiku at the same time.

Story, story , storyyyyyyy.

I never see political mumu like ATIKU before. A man that had not perfected his re-entry into a party starts making move to scuttle the chances of the incumbent who is the leader of the party. Besides he has enough battles to fight with nyako in his state.

A smart politician would have perfected all the papers before making his intentions known. I somehow see this as another OBJ scheme to nail Atiku's coffin. Disdained in AC , rejected in PDP . Foolish man
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Ofemmanu: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2010
na_so:

Story, story , storyyyyyyy.

I never see political mumu like ATIKU before. A man that had not perfected his re-entry into a party starts making move to scuttle the chances of the incumbent who is the leader of the party. Besides he has enough battles to fight with nyako in his state.

A smart politician would have perfected all the papers before making his intentions known. I somehow see this as another OBJ scheme to nail Atiku's coffin. Disdained in AC , rejected in PDP . Foolish man

Atiku is a shrewd politician that knows his onions;as he said earlier, he doesn't need OBJ's boy, Nyako , to endorse his return to the party , which he was a founding member.

It is also noteworthy to state  that Atiku had been formally re-admitted into the party by the PDP chairman, whom also is a returnee. Hence, it is quite obvious that the PDP is now playing  hanky panky  by not granting Atiku his own waiver immediately.
Atiku is used to swimming in this type of river, and he knows that he will surely participate in the PDP presidential primary. For Sure!!!
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by naso2(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2010
Yoruba:

Atiku is a shrewd politician that knows his onions;as he said earlier, he doesn't need OBJ's boy, Nyako , to endorse his return to the party , which he was a founding member.

It is also noteworthy to state that Atiku had been formally re-admitted into the party by the PDP chairman, whom is also a returnee. Hence, it is quite obvious that the PDP is now playing hanky panky by not granting Atiku his own waiver immediately.
Atiku is used to swimming in this type of river, and he knows that he will surely participate in the PDP presidential primary. For Sure!!!

u dont understand how these things work. They will keep him busy with his membership problems while others are doing the necessary groundwork. If finally he gets a court injunction to reinstate him, it will come too close to the primaries that he will not in anyway affect the votes in the primaries. Just watch
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by joshO: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2010
This man epitomizes the greed and contempt-for-the-people that's prevalent within our political class.

I detest IBB with every inch of me, but would rather see him in power than this greedy, irrating, corrupt and desperate vermin. Na by force? God forbid!!
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by citizenY(m): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2010
Atiku, Hmmmmmnnn, the beginning of the end. The shrewd guys in PDP will keep him and
occupy his time with the court process and in the end he will have victory but no ticket.

No be so OBJ do am ?

Atiku's coffin was nailed on the day he met OBJ without consulting his associates in the
AC as it was called then.
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by tolu001: 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2010
Atiku is a shrewd politician

shrewd my foot. atiku is one of the most stupid politicians in the history of nigerian politics. he is simply an opportunity miss road
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by stiyke(m): 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2010
tolu001:

shrewd my foot. atiku is one of the most silly politicians in the history of nigerian politics. he is simply an opportunity miss road
!!!!!
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by seanet02: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2010
or you will die
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Lawalemi(m): 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2010
Moneybag no dey rest.
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
Atiku is a born goofer, I hope he doesn't smoke goof. He is a simple dump mother fuc.kin broke.a.s.shole who thought that with the death of YarAdua, he (Atiku) will be made the next President playing the zoning card to confuse the North and take advantage of their sheepish follower-ship. Atiku, Jonathan will spit on your grave! Atiku, the Olodoo 2011!!!
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Beaf: 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
Yoruba:

It is also noteworthy to state that Atiku had been formally re-admitted into the party by the PDP chairman, whom also is a returnee. Hence, it is quite obvious that the PDP is now playing hanky panky by not granting Atiku his own waiver immediately.

This has to be one of the funniest posts ever on NL!! grin
Parents, make sure your kids stay away from whatever Atiku is eating and drinking, so they don't grow up to be "shrewd" like him! grin
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by paddylo1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2010
Heres an article from todays thisday on PDP delegates count for the primaries. . .

[size=14pt]08.17.2010[/size]

A consensus by the 28 PDP governors will ultimately decide who wins the party's presidential ticket for the 2011 election.

In this case, Jonathan would have to battle it out squarely with big names such as former military president Gen. Ibrahim Babangida and former vice-president Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who have both declared their interest to run on the platform of the PDP.

[size=14pt]Permutations are going wild and it is expected that the intense horse-trading that has characterised the past one week would continue.
A total number of 3506 delegates are expected to vote in the presidential primaries.

Based on the general trend, if the primaries were held today, Jonathan would carry the day with 1,564 delegate votes. . . cool IBB comes closely behind with 1,050. . . embarassed followed by Atiku with 127. . . shocked
[/size]
Significantly, however, the undecided 765 delegate votes could yet be the most important factor to determine who would pick the party's presidential ticket.

THISDAY delegate count is based on the two politicians who have declared their interest and Jonathan whom the PDP has already given the green light to throw his hat into the ring.
There could yet be a dark horse in National Security Adviser (NSA), Gen. Mohammed Aliyu Gusau, who is expected to signify interest in the race soon. Another dark horse could be a Northern governor backed by his colleagues at the last minute.

[b]The PDP delegate numbers used by THISDAY were drawn from all its members at the National Assembly (96 senators and 290 members of the House of Representatives), all its 28 governors and their deputies, members of state houses of assembly, the president, vice-president, all the 774 party chairmen at local government level and all its elected local government chairmen.

Others are all members of the PDP National Working Committee (NWC) members, state party chairmen and secretaries, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), National Executive Council (NEC) chairmen, all members of the Board of Trustees (BoT), all members of the zonal working committees, women leaders of the 36 states and the FCT, one national delegate elected in each of the 774 LGAs, former mem[/b]bers of the NWC who are still members of the party, former deputy president of the Senate and deputy speakers of the House that are still members of the party.

[size=14pt]A quick run of the delegate votes show that Jonathan could secure the support of delegates from 17 states and FCT
, while Babangida could win the primaries in nine states. Atiku is tipped to win in Adamawa State, his home.
[/size]

As many as nine states are still undecided either because no clear pattern has emerged yet or because of the likely emergence of other aspirants. The PDP in a state like Lagos is in serious crisis following the vacuum created by the imprisonment of Chief Bode George. . . grin

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=180868
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by naso2(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^
It then means it is in the interest of GEJ for Atiku to contest as the Adamawa votes will likely go to IBB if Atiku is out of the race.

In determining the winner, is it just by simple  majority?
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by paddylo1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2010
In determining the winner, is it just by simple majority?

yes. . .
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
He can go to court if he likes.

I believe the Jonathans and IBBs of this world will rather Atiku spends the next 12 months debating what political party he belongs to than actually campaigning or contesting for the office of President.

Some Nigerian politicians are so dumb.
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by monkeyleg: 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
leave him, maybe pdp will finally destroy itself
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by illusion2: 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2010
Atiku na proper mumu.

He had his chance in 2003 ,he was dumb enough to believe OBJ would forgive him. . .like the popular saying goes 'Opportunity once lost can never be regained'.

He would have served his case better if he had 'led' the opposition from the AC , a party he practically bank rolled nationwide,but the greedy and indisciplined custom officer in him will not allow him to see reason.

Like someone posted earlier,he believes with money he can do anything. Sorry,sorry o ! cry cry
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by naso2(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2010

[size=15pt]During his declaration to run for office at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel on Sunday, Alhaji Abubakar Atiku crashed to the ground. The photos shows him struggling to get back up.

Mr. Atiku, a former custom officer, was former vice president to Olusegun Obasanjo, with whom he fought a bitter fight during the 2007 elections.

Just like the event of his physical fall at his declaration, Atiku's political relevance must have crashed several years before this fall on Sunday. Like many Nigerian politicians, mr. Atiku has accumulated billions in inexplicable wealth.[/size]

see photo here :http://www.saharareporters.com/photo/fall-abubakar-atiku

Abeg i no fit laugh grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Beaf: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2010
na_so:

Abeg i no fit laugh grin grin grin

Poor Atiku, the man even fell down, plus his foolishness! grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by illusion2: 9:02am On Aug 18, 2010
Yeye man. . . . . . grin
Re: Pdp Must Give Me Membership Or. . . – Atiku by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 18, 2010
illusion2:

Atiku na proper mumu.

He had his chance in 2003 ,he was dumb enough to believe OBJ would forgive him. . .like the popular saying goes 'Opportunity once lost can never be regained'.

He would have served his case better if he had 'led' the opposition from the AC , a party he practically bank rolled nationwide,but the greedy and indisciplined custom officer in him will not allow him to see reason.

Like someone posted earlier,he believes with money he can do anything. Sorry,sorry o ! cry cry
Atiku can't eat his cake and have it,that was the case of the 2003 issue.obj left him to make as much money as he like in grand corruption style.he signified his intention to run which he may have likely be nominated because of his strong influence on almost all the pdp governors who would rather kiss Atiku's azz than obj's.it would have been disaster then if he was given the mandate,Atiku is a thief and will always be.QED

(1) (Reply)

Roads In Lugbe F.h.a Abuja / Nigerian Teenager Killed In London / Indian Hemp Now Rampant Among Pupils In Enugu - Ndlea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.