Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,885 members, 7,841,311 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS (34068 Views)

Lagos Commercial Drivers Threaten 7-day Mass Protest Over Multiple Extortion / Bandits Kill Scores In Midnight Attack In Kaduna, Women Protest, Shut Down Abuja / Bandits Kill Scores In Midnight Attack In Kaduna, Women Protest, Shut Down Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Chuksmonika(m): 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
magoo10:
We must all be cautious in the face of tyranny

We will celebrate Buhari's exit same way we celebrated Abacha's exit

Buhari have seen his defeat but want to deliberately cause chaos as an escape route.

What he has done is very unconstitutional and the people should see this as a challenge to vote the tyrant out.
election that buhari has already won,one thing with you people is that you think Buhari is a bloody civilian like you,do you know what it means to be a General in the army,Buhari has fought war,and seen real blood,he is just a general in democratic setting,most times he uses military hands so that things will move well,CJN will be removed,and Buhari will win the election,and nothing will happen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Sannisege: 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we southern Christians are unnecessarily heating up the polity with this unpatriotic rejection of this new incorruptible CJN appointed by president Buhari. Muric and other Muslim organizations must stand up to defend this new CJN against the hypocrisy of we southern Christians. When GEJ suspended CBN governor Sanusi, we Christians laughed and said nothing to condemn the move all because he was exposing GEJ's corrupt government. Now Buhari has suspended this thief called onnoghen and every Christian is spilling thrash. We Christians are indeed a problem in this country. In my next life i will be a Muslim sad
Christians want Nigeria to be run the way they run their corrupt churches. Ride on Baba Buhari. The Lord is with you.

2 Likes

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by magoo10(m): 8:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
Chuksmonika:
[s]election that buhari has already won,one thing with you people is that you think Buhari is a bloody civilian like you,do you know what it means to be a General in the army,Buhari has fought war,and seen real blood,he is just a general in democratic setting,most times he uses military hands so that thing will move well,CJN will be removed,and Buhari will will the election,and nothing will happen[/s]
heisnot the only general going into that election and he cannot be greater than over 200million Nigerians.
If he has subdued the spirit of you and your family that his your own choice.

3 Likes

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Sannisege: 8:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
NoSidonLook:

Shut the fvck up!!!
Are you indirectly saying you're supporting this madness

Spit on your myopic head

Do your worst...
Please don't die before your time cos your are clearly a frustrated soul. Ndo oooo. Use paracetamol to reduce your severe pains. heheehehehehehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by BabaAduras: 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
Trizzi:
A constitutional lawyer, Mike Ozekhome (SAN) has described the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen as illegal and unconstitutional.

Ozekhome in a statement on Friday he said the provisions of the constitution on appointment and removal of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) was clear and was not followed by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/cjn-ozekhome-calls-for-mass-protest.html

It seems the Learned Man does not know the difference between "remove" and "suspend". In law, "remove" and "suspend" are as different as "sleep" and "death".

The section of constitution referenced addressed "removal" of judicial while the President said he suspended the CJN. A qualified SAN should know better than shown by this our Law Man. Anyway, that should not be surprising when a sitting CJN can claim "forgetfulness" as defence for not declaring an account holding more than $3 million.

It seem also the Senior "Arufin/Agbewiri" of Nigeria (SAN) does not know "inciting public anarchy" can be a treasonable offence.

As an Engineer, I rest my case.

For non Yorubas, Arufin is a disrespecter of Law and Agbewiri is a thief

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by flowx(m): 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
Let settle these this night: Like for Atiku and Share for Buhari...
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Chuksmonika(m): 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
magoo10:
heisnot the only general going into that election and he cannot be greater than over 200million Nigerians.
If he has subdued the spirit of you and your family that his your own choice.
bro,we will see to that,latest feb 17th,it wont be long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Chill2: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
Pls, stand up and defend it. Thrash!
DLondonboiy:

Stop all these 'as long as his family would be in front' bullshit..Nigeria belong to us all. If we cant stand up and defend it, which other country do we have?
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by mu2sa2: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
PresidentAtiku:
if you are Christian truly, may it be well with you. But If you are a Muslim pretending to be a Christian, it is deceit. May you and your family never see anything good
If you are truly a Christian you won't curse anyone. If you are a Muslim, you have no reason to curse him.
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by anonymous1759(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
... If CJN is an honourable man he would have resigned long time ago in developed countries. But in Nigeria people support rubbish just because of tribe, religion and political party. The same useless people who forced Adeosun to resigned by all means that we can't have someone indicted with crime to hold an important office. You guys should be ashamed. Even onoghen admitted to the crime. I don't know what you guys are fighting about. Mike is one of those lawyers who don't give a fuvk about the masses. They encourage the politicians to Steal because people like Mike back them up by the rule of law... I'm tired Of this country Lord from bad leadership to senseless supporters oh lord if you don't want to Change Nigeria Grant Me Visa let me go and enjoy my life else where. News like this makes me sad seeing the Blind masses supporting thier oppressors so sad. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed :- embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we southern Christians are unnecessarily heating up the polity with this unpatriotic rejection of this new incorruptible CJN appointed by president Buhari. Muric and other Muslim organizations must stand up to defend this new CJN against the hypocrisy of we southern Christians. When GEJ suspended CBN governor Sanusi, we Christians laughed and said nothing to condemn the move all because he was exposing GEJ's corrupt government. Now Buhari has suspended this thief called onnoghen and every Christian is spilling thrash. We Christians are indeed a problem in this country. In my next life i will be a Muslim sad
Shut Up U Scammer. Born Again My Foot. Nonsense Muslim Fanatic

1 Like

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by magoo10(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
Chuksmonika:
[s]bro,we will see to that,latest feb 17th,it wont be long[/s]
Come failbuhari buhari will be defeated, all these actions are a sign of desperation .his motives have been exposed

2 Likes

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
Sannisege:
Please don't die before your time cos your are clearly a frustrated soul. Ndo oooo. Use paracetamol to reduce your severe pains. heheehehehehehehe

Ok, dunce...You have been noted
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by onatisi(m): 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
this is exactly what buharia nd his apc team wants . they want civil unrest ,they just want to create crisis
Trizzi:
A constitutional lawyer, Mike Ozekhome (SAN) has described the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen as illegal and unconstitutional.

Ozekhome in a statement on Friday he said the provisions of the constitution on appointment and removal of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) was clear and was not followed by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/cjn-ozekhome-calls-for-mass-protest.html
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by seanw: 8:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
Millions of Nigerians are in Police detention and jail for no offence who called for a protest? RUBBISH
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by BabaAduras: 8:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
naijapips04:

Oga this is not about any personality. This is about very soul of Nigeria. Of Our democracy.

So a CJN claiming forgetfulness as defence for failing to declare an account holding $3 million is not about the very soul of Our Democracy

It seems your Learned friend does not know the difference between "remove" and "suspend". In law, "remove" and "suspend" are as different as "sleep" and "death".

The section of constitution referenced addressed "removal" of judicial while the President said he suspended the CJN. A qualified SAN should know better than shown by this our Law Man. Anyway, that should not be surprising when a sitting CJN can claim "forgetfulness" as defence for not declaring an account holding more than $3 million.

It seem also the Senior "Arufin/Agbewiri" of Nigeria (SAN) does not know "inciting public anarchy" can be a treasonable offence.

1 Like

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by NinjaMetahuman: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
Muscomide:

Coward!
brave one

Oya gather all your family to protest for onoghen wey no know you.
While you are at It, make sure you stone any nearest army to prove how brave and angry you're. Like shitte muslim.

I dey behind you
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by naijapips04: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
BabaAduras:

So a CJN claiming forgetfulness as defence for failing to declare an account holding $3 million

It seems your Learned friend does not know the difference between "remove" and "suspend". In law, "remove" and "suspend" are as different as "sleep" and "death".

who gave him power to suspend dude. Where is he deriving such powers from?

2 Likes

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
MPESA:

You are moderator for Christ sake kindly keep off from political issue here .
Na how much APC paid you self

He's a top member of the Buhari media crew
Don't be fooled by moderator oshi...if a pastor can betray his conscience and fall for the money, how much more an ordinary fvcking low-life moderator

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by fyneguy: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
When Jonathan removed Sanusi, where were Ozekhome and his co-travelers?
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by kollins3(m): 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
naijapips04:

We will protest. Nigeria will burn.

And we will not allow cowards like some people I quote, stop us from saving the very soul of this Nation.

Na your papa house go burn. Get sense and embrace peace. Nigeria must excel.
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
[quote author=GoTV post=75109385] sad

2 Likes

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
jmaine:

I can remember your quote in 2015 that GEJ should be voted out in order not to reward failure.

Now here you are sarcastically taunting a good call to Nationhood over a man who have been an unimaginable total disaster and is threatening to destroy the very institutions that ensured his victory at the polls.

Your stance is quite clear, do not post a challenge asking me to reference a post you made supporting the APC cos it is written over your replies.

I'm shocked you're just getting to know that low-life is a fvcking part of Buhari Media Crew full-time...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by HomeOfMe(f): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
Trizzi:

Mr integrity will lose the election but would be declared the winner by riggiu and there's nothing anyone can do about it. His body language has already given him away that he and his cabals are insecure;they've lost it. Power really intoxicates..
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by seanw: 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
LagosismyHome:

This is by far the best comment grin grin

Yes o, Na me go carry Ole people when no get conscience for head? God forbid, thousands of Nigerians are dying, do they care? make their wife and children when dey abroad come protest for them, after all na dem the chop the money.

2 Likes

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by bigtt76(f): 8:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
Look at this one craving attention. When you de defend politicians de collect millions of of stolen money you never know or epp anyone. Benin has one of the highest number of unemployed people in Nigeria today you no epp dem... #ediots

Trizzi:

Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by otokx(m): 8:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
These people do not care about me so observing quietly, whoever wins in the end will take the prize, 5 nights of glory and Higher life plus other church programs going on in Port Harcourt.
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Deepthoughts: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
Trizzi:

It's now that some of us will know whether the Southerners in this country with all their acclaimed education, sophistication n enlightenment are second class coward n selfish citizens or not.what buhari has done is not only a slap but a spot on the face of all sane Nigerians,the law is the law no matter it inadiquacies,the act establishing the CCB makes it clear that where a person admits a mistake in assets declaration such a person should not be referred to the CCT but be invited for further clarificatios,the chairman of the CCT danladi Umar himself has a corruption case against him for long but buhari has not suspended him for pursuit of this kind of agenda,the appeal court has just ordered the suspension of the CCT trial pending it's judgement within a few days,if not for the pursuit of a hidden agenda why the hurry n clear desperation to get rid of onoghen when it is clear that buhari's action is unconstitutional,from buhari's speech before swearing in tanko, buhari implied that it's only when the outcome of a judicial process favours his desire that Justice is done irrespective of available evidence n procedures of litigation,sagay,bakare n falana's views on this matter will be interesting,but I bet anyone while the northern lawyers n school of thought will turn logic on it's head to justify buhari's clear illegality the Southerners will be chewing their tongues, anyone who denies that there is no hidden agenda been pursued by buhari is either a pretensive but known beneficiary of such agenda or a complete fool.
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
what do you mean by even though am a born again christian? are born again christian not in the north? nobody is against removing the CJN but let it be by the rule of law and that is what makes democracy beautiful thankyou
GoTV:
Re: CJN: Ozekhome Calls For Mass Protest, Shut Down Of Courts, NASS by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
[quote author=Sannisege post=75110306]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Walkway In Jakande, Lekki (Photos) / Amended Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu Filed By FG (Full List) / Northern Group Warns Against Plot To Undermine Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.