Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari (18353 Views)

Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / 25 Points From Interview Of ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by bilms(m): 11:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
CJN’s Suspension: Olawepo-Hashim Seeks international sanctions against Buhari, others

Presidential candidate of Peoples Trust (PT) in the February 16, 2019 election, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has called for international sanctions against officials of the executive arm of the Federal Government of Nigeria, declaring that the suspension of the Chief Justice of the Federation (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, by President Muhammadu Buhari was a decent to full-blown dictatorship.

The Presidential hopeful in a statement on Friday, said that the development was an aberration to the laws of Nigeria and an indication that the country had again fallen into dictatorship.

He said: “This is a clear indication that we have returned to full blown dictatorship. Following the suspension of the Chief Justice of the Federation, we are seeing a full-blown dictatorship in Nigeria. It is an abyss, an aberration and a clear violation of our laws.

“We will not allow Nigeria to fall into dictatorship anymore.

“I call on all lovers of Nigeria and lovers of democracy and the international community to immediately impose sanctions on officials of the executive arm of government, their families, including their friends

He said: “This is a clear indication that we have returned to full blown dictatorship. Following the suspension of the Chief Justice of the Federation, we are seeing a full-blown dictatorship in Nigeria. It is an abyss, an aberration and a clear violation of our laws.

“We will not allow Nigeria to fall into dictatorship anymore.

“I call on all lovers of Nigeria and lovers of democracy and the international community to immediately impose sanctions on officials of the executive arm of government, their families, including their friends and associates.”

Olawepo Hashim enumerated the sanctions to be imposed on officials of the Buhari government to include an immediate travel ban on executive officeholders at the federal level, freeze on their bank accounts and the refusal of visa, including on health grounds “to members of the executive arm of government, their friends, families and associates.”

He also called on President Buhari to immediately resign from office on account of his violation of the 1999 Constitution, which he said the President swore to uphold.

He said: “I call on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately step down as President. This is a violation of our constitution and he should resign immediately.”

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/186558/

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2019
Cheap popularity is all this guy wants, it's unfortunate he can't get enough to get votes

Bro, stop commenting on issues you know nothing about...

You don't know the law, you are not a lawyer... So shhhhhhhh.

Assignment - check section 11 of the Interpretation Act and then tell me if Buhari cannot suspend the CJN

First of all, the word removal is not synonymous to suspension, unless there is precedent for this, buhari has not gone contrary to law, it is left for the court to use the mischief rule to adjudicate this matter... The word removal is not defined

Secondly, Walter for fear that the NJC would suspend him, adjourned the NJC seating indefinitely... That just reaffirms his guilt.

Thirdly, why are you putting out your neck for someone you are sure is guilty, do you know how many supreme Court cases has suffered due to this struggle, today was suppose to be the hearing of the APC portharcourt case, but nothing... Cause of one man

The fight against corruption in Nigeria is a hard one, I commend Buhari for this, I am a lawyer, part of the judiciary, I do not see this as an attack on the judiciary, but a cleansing, after all, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands...

I won't use Sanusi as a precedent, try to reconcile this with GEJ and Ayo salami

60 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by yanabasee(m): 11:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
Buhari doesn't know anything.... He doesn't know what he's doing and what it will lead the country into....

The western world should not just laugh at our mistake of a country over the colonial amalgamation, They should help us and send this dullard out of that office...

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by madridguy(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
yanabasee:
Buhari doesn't know anything.... He doesn't know what he's doing and what it will lead the country into....

The western world should not just laugh at our mistake of a country over the colonial amalgamation, They should help us and send this dullard out of that office...
Who should help you? It is like u don't understand international politics. The only way that will make them turn against Buhari is if he goes against their streams of stealing.
Do u know that the Prince of Saudi was fingered by CIA in the murder of Jamal Kashoghi?
What did the US and EU plus other international body do?

NOTHING!!
That should tell you something.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by deboysben(m): 11:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
Every well thinking Nigerians know this is a rape to our democracy, and can plunge the country into irreparable chaos

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by bilms(m): 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
Vrengkat:
Cheap popularity is all this guy wants, it's unfortunate he can't get enough to get votes

First of all, the word removal is not synonymous to suspension, unless there is precedent for this, buhari has not gone contrary to law, it is left for the court to use the mischief rule to adjudicate this matter... The word removal is not defined

Secondly, Walter for fear that the NJC would suspend him, adjourned the NJC seating indefinitely... That just reaffirms his guilt.

Thirdly, why are you putting out your neck for someone you are sure is guilty, do you know how many supreme Court cases has suffered due to this struggle, today was suppose to be the hearing of the APC portharcourt case, but nothing... Cause of one man

The fight against corruption in Nigeria is a hard one, I commend Buhari for this, I am a lawyer, part of the judiciary, I do not see this as an attack on the judiciary, but a cleansing, after all, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands...

I won't use Sanusi as a precedent, try to reconcile this with GEJ and Ayo salami

Get a brain

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by sotall(m): 11:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
Who the god's wants kill...they first make mad.

That's the case of Buhari

37 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Asshurbanipal: 11:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
Zombies can see its not PDP matter. Its Nigerians vs jubrin and cabal

47 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 11:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
bilms:

Get a brain

I don't trade insults, i'm just here to educate you, but some people's minds are too weak, or your head is like those metallic sponge, it can hold nothing

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by tizteezy(m): 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Millions of dollars linked to the CJN?

Let's not pretend we do not know where all that money came from, and for what reasons.
If they could have enriched a judge to that degree, how much did they personally loot?

Atiku and co can cry me a river. I don't give a rat's ass about them.

We deserve better!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Chuks9000: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

I am a lawyer,
You are a lawyer? cry

11 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Timfreds(m): 12:15am On Jan 26, 2019
Every sensible Nigerian must speak against this Democratic crime committed by Bubu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by bishopkay: 12:22am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

If you had any brains and not a foolish demented mischievous bigot, you'd know that Jonathan acted on the recommendation of the NJC with the case of salami. But you fools would always look for where to wriggle into.

I repeat buhari has no right both constitutionally or otherwise to suspend or even interfere in workings of the judiciary because it's a different teir of government and independent of the executive arm of government

If I were the CJN, I'd go to work tomorrow and every other day let's see how he'd deal with it. It's so unfortunate I share same country with you demented lots. Lawyer ni magistrate ko!

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 12:26am On Jan 26, 2019
bishopkay:

If you had any brains and not a foolish demented mischievous bigot, you'd know that Jonathan acted on the recommendation of the NJC with the case of salami. But you fools would always look for where to wriggle into.

I repeat buhari has no right both constitutionally or otherwise to suspend or even interfere in workings of the judiciary because it's a different teir of government and independent of the executive arm of government

If I were the CJN, I'd go to work tomorrow and every other day let's see how he'd deal with it. It's so unfortunate I share same country with you demented lots. Lawyer ni magistrate ko!

First, Jonathan did not act on the recommendation of the NJC, the NJC only gave GEJ support after salami was already removed

Assignment - check section 11 of the Interpretation Act and then tell me if Buhari cannot suspend the CJN

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by sotall(m): 12:36am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

First, Jonathan did not act on the recommendation of the NJC, the NJC only gave GEJ support after salami was already removed

Stop writing like you know anything

The interpretation act says the president can suspend or remove who he appoints.
Unfortunately, the CJN isn't appointed by the President. So he can't suspend him.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Larryfest(m): 12:38am On Jan 26, 2019
I really don't understand why everyone thinks it was Buhari that suspended the CJN, does he even know the job of the CJN let alone know how to go about reading the offences the CJN committed Someone who is never aware of anything around him, i bet he was just given a document to sign and then swear in the other guy the cabals wanted.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 12:38am On Jan 26, 2019
sotall:

Stop writing like you know anything

The interpretation act says the president can suspend or remove who he appoints.
Unfortunately, the CJN isn't appointed by the President. So he can't suspend him.

Abeg, who appoints the CJN? Please educate me

15 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by fergie001: 12:44am On Jan 26, 2019
Chuks9000:

You are a lawyer? cry
Hahahahahaha....baba deh cry for am...e go be you like say money don waste for his education abi?
Hahahahahaha

7 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by sotall(m): 12:45am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Abeg, who appoints the CJN? Please educate me
He isn't appointed.

Wrong use of English.
The president appoints his ministers and head of national institutions as well security outfits. He doesn't appoint the CJN. The CJN is the head of the judiciary, an independent arm of government. The president can nominate a person for the position of CJN and the national assembly confirms it.
It also takes both of them to remove him and not one of them.
This isn't same with ministers or security chiefs appointed by the President, he can fire/suspend them as he wish

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by fergie001: 12:48am On Jan 26, 2019
sotall:
He isn't appointed.

Wrong use of English.
The president appoints his ministers and head of national institutions as well security outfits. He doesn't appoint the CJN. The CJN is the head of the judiciary, an independent arm of government. The president can nominate a person for the position of CJN based on the recommendations of the NJC and the national assembly confirms it.
This isn't same with ministers or security chiefs appointed by the President, he can fire/suspend them as he wish

@bolded,very important.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by sotall(m): 12:50am On Jan 26, 2019
fergie001:

@bolded,very important.
you are right . Thanks for the input

9 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 12:56am On Jan 26, 2019
sotall:
He isn't appointed.

Wrong use of English.
The president appoints his ministers and head of national institutions as well security outfits. He doesn't appoint the CJN. The CJN is the head of the judiciary, an independent arm of government. The president can nominate a person for the position of CJN and the national assembly confirms it.

Bro, walter was acting until Osinbanjo appointed him... By our law, NJC recommends and the President appoints...

Also, the NA doesn't have to be part of a CJN removal... Just a recommendation from the NJC and Buhari can fire his ass...

13 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by erosimo(m): 1:00am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

i just dont understand you people, do you think we have forgotten how salami was removed? The then NJC recommended the removal of salami and the fact are there to be verified. politicians always mixing politics with fact.

14 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by sotall(m): 1:05am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Bro, walter was acting until Osinbanjo appointed him... By our law, NJC recommends and the President appoints...

Also, the NA doesn't have to be part of a CJN removal... Just a recommendation from the NJC and Buhari can fire his ass...

The position of the CJN isn't by appointment by the President. I already gave you an example of what appointment is by our constitution.
Buhari can decide tomorrow to fire the head of Nigerian Army. Nobody will question him cos he solely appointed him.
That's not same for the CJN. The CJN is the head of the judiciary, an independent arm of government. I emphasize, Buhari can only fire him on recommendation by the NJC or 2/3 majority of the senate

26 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 26, 2019
This man must be an IPOB yoot yo have reasoned like this. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

You are an insult to the bar.

Hide your face in shame

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 1:12am On Jan 26, 2019
sotall:

The position of the CJN isn't by appointment by the President. I already gave you an example of what appointment is by our constitution.
Buhari can decide tomorrow to fire the head of Nigerian Army. Nobody will question him cos he solely appointed him.
That's not same for the CJN. The CJN is the head of the judiciary, an independent arm of government. I emphasize, Buhari can only fire him on recommendation by the NJC or 2/3 majority of the senate

Section 231. (1) The appointment of a person to the office of Chief Justice of Nigeria shall be made by the President on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council subject to confirmation of such appointment by the Senate.

So u c... It is an appointment by Buhari...

This is not removal of the cjn, but suspension as captured in the IA

11 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by lagdmark(m): 1:17am On Jan 26, 2019
Vrengkat:

Senseless comments ever

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by Vrengkat(m): 1:18am On Jan 26, 2019
erosimo:

i just dont understand you people, do you think we have forgotten how salami was removed? The then NJC recommended the removal of salami and the fact are there to be verified. politicians always mixing politics with fact.

Please why was Salami removed? He was standing tall for the Judiciary, why would the NJC give recommendation...

Do you also know they gave GEJ a recommendation to reinstate him... Read on it

11 Likes

Re: Cjn’s Suspension: Olawepo-hashim Seeks International Sanctions Against Buhari by WebSurfer(m): 1:20am On Jan 26, 2019
yanabasee:

Bros bring your voice down....
If Onnoghen dey western world, he for resign by himself

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am In The Presidential Race To Represent The Youths – Jerry Gana / 2019 Elections: Zamfara APC Reacts To Victory In Court / Court Stops INEC From Redeploying Mike Igini, Akwa Ibom REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.