Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal (50422 Views)

Obi Vs Tinubu, Shettima: Presidential Elections Tribunal Reserves Judgement / Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by omogidi234(m): 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
Clerverly:

Nothing special about their absence..

You are right only the CJN can swear in members of the Tribunal. But let us wait and see what happens if they refused to sit. Maybe the President would suspend all of them.

Whether or not this issue would escalates depend on Monday to Friday next week.

I can assure you that all parties are in strategy now- kitchen cabinet Strategy, Dubai Strategy, NBA Strategy and many more.
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by fortune1968: 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
HigherEd:
NJC says buhari is wrong
NBA says buhari is wrong
Court of Appeal says buhari is wrong
Lawyers say buhari is wrong
EU says buhari is wrong
USA says buhari is wrong
The senate says buhari is wrong
Supreme court justices say buhari is wrong

But one intellectually colonized buhari fanatic/worshipper on nl would come here to spill rubbish.
If you like count the world one by one saying BABA is wrong - The reasonable Nigerians who are in the majority know that THE PRESIDENT is right . And we LOVE our PRESIDENT !Sai baba for live !
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by newbornmacho(m): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
ItsMeAboki:
LOL, their absence will not stop the new acting CJN from functioning or the courts from operating - soldier come soldier goes, shikenan.

Hahaha even aboki is talking grin grin..naija Don suffer wallahi
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by nwanyionitsha: 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

fvck off oddde
same to you, anu ezzi
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by staytravel: 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2019
HigherEd:
NJC says buhari is wrong
NBA says buhari is wrong
EU says buhari is wrong
USA says buhari is wrong

But one intellectually colonized buhari fanatic/worshipper on nl would come here to spill rubbish.

AMEN AND AMENN!
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by bkool7(m): 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2019
Vickym1:
undecided

If truly buari is right in suspending the CJN then how come the bar, supreme Court and others are not in support of him?

This is a matter of morality

Ononghe refusal to do what's morally right and by these Supreme Court Judges action they have also shown whose side they are on.

Whether Buhari is doing what the ppl want or not, the presidential election in February will put all that to rest
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by bkool7(m): 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2019

Ononghe refusal to do what's morally right and by these Supreme Court Judges action they have also shown whose side they are on.

Whether Buhari is doing what the ppl want or not, the presidential election in February will put all that to rest
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by ReachHard: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
angry

Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by VERDA: 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

do you even understand the implication of them not attending?

Understanding is not in their dictionary ....they follow blindly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by theoldpretender(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
Chrisedward:
I am pretty new here so I don't know how posting discussion works.
Someone forwarded this to me, so I would like to share as I do not know how to counsel this matter
I hope that you remain matured and not throw sly comments. Please wise counsel is needed. Her message reads;

Please do not judge for I am in need of a direction. I would like to seek your counsel for I do not what to do..
I got married 3 years ago and have a beautiful daughter but I married for the wrong reasons. I didn't marry for love. I married my husband because he is a good man with a good heart and I knew that he loved and still loves me. After I gave birth to my daughter, I went off sex. I didn't want to be touched and kissed by him.. I felt dead towards intimacy and the feelings I had towards my husband disappeared. I felt like a zombie. I was numb to everything around me and this started having a terrible effect on my marriage... Down the line, I met another man and started developing feelings that I didn't think were possible anymore. I feel deep in love with him and so did he with me. We always want to be with each other but sadly, he is married as well with a kid. He is also having problems in his marriage. We both got married to our spouses the same year and feel that we made a mistake ...He is a Muslim and I a Christian which is not a problem for me. We both want the same things in life and I believe we would be good together.. I honestly don't know mind being wife number 2, which sounds really dumb, but that is how much I Love him.

Here is what you do...

1.Go to the FAMILY or ROMANCE section

2.Click on the CREATE NEW TOPIC(FAMILY or CREATE NEW TOPIC ROMANCE LINKS

3.Create your topic...and people will come and discuss.....

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by Numlock: 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Ignore those zombies, a lot of them don't know Jack.
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by Ikpongiton: 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
Reality has finally dawned on them, all wailing and grammar ends up on social media grin cheesy

One nyamuri flat.head was even advising the judiciary to form a parallel government grin shege nyamuri cheesy
the difference is always clear when a nonetity or a semi illiterate is contributing. this one is enemy of nigeria from niger .
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by victorypeace: 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:
when we tell them that any tribunal inaugurated by the silly sharia clown is null and void we know what we are saying , the exercise today was done in futility and at best only served Amusement to watch a Judge and part time clown pretend to inaugurate a mock tribunal in his personal capacity as a sharia clown!!!

Oga wether the justices attend or not, The swearing is binding so stop wasting your time. Just sit down and ask yourself, did the former CJN commit any offence by not declaring some millions on Dollars in assests. Just answer the question. Even the CJN admit to it. So why are you crying more than the bereaved?
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by Bimpe29: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
That's nice of them.

Rule of law is being raped in the broad daylight. Buhari has reduced Nigeria to banana republic.
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by Gap2020(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

. Oga, stop that your unedited call and have a new life. We call it three arm of government. Buhari, brought the head of legislature to cct, Saraki and he won , just because such case has been filed against one of this trusted APC leader. 2nd, If his wise enough, i believe he would have used another strategy not cct , when the judge is till under trial and not yet resolved. How can a judge under trail give advised over his superior to be suspended and his still sitting on his own desk giving orders.
democracy, which we are practising
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by afroxyz: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
Reality has finally dawned on them, all wailing and grammar ends up on social media grin cheesy

One nyamuri flat.head was even advising the judiciary to form a parallel government grin shege nyamuri cheesy

that is why a cow has more value than you
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by Adex73(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
Vickym1:
undecided

If truly buari is right in suspending the CJN then how come the bar, supreme Court and others are not in support of him?
because many of them are thieves
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by profosa: 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
The only fault of buhari in this issue is he should have purged these judges since.A judiciary with ODILI AND WIKE WIVES AS JUDGES,NGWUTA AND OTHER BUSINESSMEN JUDGES.BUHARI HAS NOT DONE HALF OF WHAT I HAVE IN WAIT FOR THEM.THE ONES SELLING FHC JUDGEMENT TO HIGHEST BIDDER UR OWN DEY COME .SENIOR ARMED ROBBERS OF NIGERIA KEEP ARGUING.THIEVES

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by hotspec(m): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
Clerverly:

Nothing special about their absence..
until election petition matters get to d Supreme Court later in d year, then u will know how special 5 is greater than 2
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by Livingway: 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
theoldpretender:
The sad thing about this case is ...well...twofold.

1.It is sad that the CJN has clearly commited a crime, yet has to be forced out of office...so that the Supreme Court is not messed up.

2.Also sad and unseemly that the Government in essence broke the law to prosecute the CJN. We saw how EFCC under Ribadu broke the law in their efforts to prosecute some poltical officers...which in some way ended up backfiring on the EFCC big time. No way how there won't be a backlash. The CJN is corrupt...let's follow due process in prosecuting him...even if it means nothing gets done.

3.This whole case shows that APC and PDP have no business runing Nigeria. APC stalwarts are busy defending illegalities. PDP stalwarts are defening the right of a crook to hide from prosecution behind legalese. Both sides are using the saga as a political weapon. And Nigerians are joining in the fight.

It's like I said....Nigerians are not really interested in fighting corruption. And sorry...but if we break up this country...all the new countries are going to be messed up places...yes, that includes Biafra, Oodua, Sharialand, etc....because Nigerians love corruption...and don't want to fight it.

Anyway, I keep on keeping on.

Morally, the CJN is wrong to have by omission or forgetfulness not declare his assets as required by law. Ethically, he cannot oversee the highest court in the land based on his actions. However, legally the process is flaw in his removal. So as a nation, how do you balance the equation...?
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
EzeNri:

Sorry Buhari touched the wrong people. If it is Yorubas, nothing will happen. Not when SS/SE is involved.

"We cannot guarantee the security of the oil sector " Ijaw Youth President

Like said "Nothing go happen" by next month, all this CJN gra gra go die down, If you like blow up the whole oil companies way dey for ijaw area, in fact am begging them to, Nigeria is a shitty country that relies too much on oil, it's brain need a reset

Infact this CJN issue made me remember why I voted PMB in 2015, I like decisive strong heads like him
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by IBBG(m): 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
HigherEd:
NJC says buhari is wrong
NBA says buhari is wrong
EU says buhari is wrong
USA says buhari is wrong

Now i believe that majority of commenters especially in politics section are daft or they just choose to be daft. something that is glaring and so obvious in our constitution, they are still saying saying buhari is right, it means so many people are educated illiterates, even when it is clearly written and you can read for yourself. Some even go as far as drawing comparison with what happened to the ex CBN governor. Majority of them are just plainly hopeless.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by echodrum(m): 12:29am On Jan 27, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:

Yet Na una poor pass.. Nyamuri is actually trying to rescue you and your poverty embedded people in the north.
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by sacx: 1:03am On Jan 27, 2019
theoldpretender:
The sad thing about this case is ...well...twofold.

1.It is sad that the CJN has clearly commited a crime, yet has to be forced out of office...so that the Supreme Court is not messed up.

2.Also sad and unseemly that the Government in essence broke the law to prosecute the CJN. We saw how EFCC under Ribadu broke the law in their efforts to prosecute some poltical officers...which in some way ended up backfiring on the EFCC big time. No way how there won't be a backlash. The CJN is corrupt...let's follow due process in prosecuting him...even if it means nothing gets done.

3.This whole case shows that APC and PDP have no business runing Nigeria. APC stalwarts are busy defending illegalities. PDP stalwarts are defening the right of a crook to hide from prosecution behind legalese. Both sides are using the saga as a political weapon. And Nigerians are joining in the fight.

It's like I said....Nigerians are not really interested in fighting corruption. And sorry...but if we break up this country...all the new countries are going to be messed up places...yes, that includes Biafra, Oodua, Sharialand, etc....because Nigerians love corruption...and don't want to fight it.

Anyway, I keep on keeping on.

Please, who declared the CJN corrupt? You did?
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by sacx: 1:12am On Jan 27, 2019
bkool7:

It is moral for a man who murdered another to be killed (sentenced to death). But you as a civilian or even a military personnel have no right on your own to kill him. Nigeria is run by laws from the constitution and not by moral codes that are subject to change based on difference in personality or state of mind. Do you understand?
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by edupedia: 2:51am On Jan 27, 2019
Asshurbanipall:
Good step

#TankIsanUsurper

Lalasticlala

Fake report..the other justices had no official duty there....what they used to do before was mark their presence and only few used to be present....in this case they even need to be more careful as the election may end up with them...let me give u the names of some of the judges who were not there for u to get a better perspective and stop being fooled...

Bode Rhodes-Vivour

Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta

Mary Odili

Olukayode Ariwoola

Musa Datijo Muhammad

Kumai Bayang Akaahs

Kudirat Kekere-Ekun

John Inyang Okoro

Chima Centus Nweze

Amiru Sanusi

Amina Adamu Augie

Ejembi Eko

Paul Adamu Galinje

...What exactly is this report trying to celebrate?.....The innuendo of your report by its title is total rubbish...Did the event hold or not?...Be careful about fake news.

.Well done Buhari and the new acting CJN.....
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by edupedia: 2:55am On Jan 27, 2019
sacx:

Please, who declared the CJN corrupt? You did?

Please who declared Buhari as Jubril of Sudan?...no be u?
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by AudiA4: 3:44am On Jan 27, 2019
And didn't they get the job done by swearing the 250 judges,of what relevance are they to the course after all

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by edupedia: 4:36am On Jan 27, 2019
NkayStory:

A welcome development..

..please shun the kangaroo tribunal inaugurated by the Sharia Judge upstart and buhari/APC stooge called Tanko

...Keep deceiving yourself...
Re: Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal by edupedia: 4:37am On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:
when we tell them that any tribunal inaugurated by the silly sharia clown is null and void we know what we are saying , the exercise today was done in futility and at best only served Amusement to watch a Judge and part time clown pretend to inaugurate a mock tribunal in his personal capacity as a sharia clown!!!

u are a clown too...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Vice-Marshal M.M. Maisaka Assassinated In Kaduna / "All Eyes On The Judiciary" Billboard Erected In Abuja - Photos / Austin Tam-George, Jonathan's Lookalike Is A Commissioner In Rivers (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.