Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal (61310 Views)

Obi Vs Tinubu, Shettima: Presidential Elections Tribunal Reserves Judgement / Atiku V Tinubu: Presidential Elections Tribunal Reserves Judgement / Peter Obi & His Lawyers File Petition To The Presidential Elections Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Lizzysamuel(f): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Reports that Peter Obi in his election petition is not seeking to be declared the winner of the election is false and misleading. I’ve seen a copy of the petition. Peter Obi has prayed that he should be declared the winner. The law allows a petitioner to seek alternative reliefs.

That is what Peter Obi and Labour Party have done in their petition before the Court of Appeal. They are seeking reliefs in the alternative; either that he be declared as the winner having scored majority of lawful votes cast, or that the entire election be nullified.

There is no issue here. Those who are making issues out of the imbalanced media reports on the contents of the petition are doing so either because they’ve not seen and read the petition, or they are mischievous or they don’t understand.

Let’s see how this turns out eventually.

You can read the entire prayers that the Petitioners (Peter Obi and Labour Party) are seeking below.

78 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Millimann: 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2023
Pythagoras001:
I hope this makes it to the front page

It has to.

This post gives a clearer view of Obi's petition, not the earlier one which they pushed to the front page.

286 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Racoon(m): 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
Prayers number-2 and 4 have substance on the expanded scope of any documentary evidence the defence team will present

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Pythagoras001: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
I hope this makes it to the front page

28 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by KanwuliaExtra: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
Beautiful!!!!!
I say: WE MOOOOOOOOVE!!!! cheesy
I don't know why I get a serious harrrrrdon anytime I see P.O. making news in the court.
Something just starts 'twitching' down dia. grin

168 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by ganisucks(f): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lizzysamuel:
Reports that Peter Obi in his election petition is not seeking to be declared the winner of the election is false and misleading. I’ve seen a copy of the petition. Peter Obi has prayed that he should be declared the winner. The law allows a petitioner to seek alternative reliefs.

That is what Peter Obi and Labour Party have done in their petition before the Court of Appeal. They are seeking reliefs in the alternative; either that he be declared as the winner having scored majority of lawful votes cast, or that the entire election be nullified.

There is no issue here. Those who are making issues out of the imbalanced media reports on the contents of the petition are doing so either because they’ve not seen and read the petition, or they are mischievous or they don’t understand.

Let’s see how this turns out eventually.

You can read the entire prayers that the Petitioners (Peter Obi and Labour Party) are seeking below.

LegendHero doesn't know how to do his work.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by TheNiceGuy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
It's still thesame we had on FP.

What's the case here?
Tinubu is not qualified to contest not that Election was rigged.

Shameless People.

Total waste of time

195 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by fait10(m): 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
I am 100% sure he got this advise from a mad man kiss

260 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheNiceGuy:

What's the case here?

Shameless People
Why are you shaking?

186 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by helinues: 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
Well still waiting for the full details about the petition.

Obi already gave an hint about LP basis which is low voters turn out even though having recorded 11 m new registered voters

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by BlackAdams007: 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
It wouldn't have come to this if at first they called the result genuinely.

No hard feelings🤗 Please contact me for your Academic assignments, chat up on WhatsApp- see number on my signature below 👇

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Larryhoover(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
With this petition, the case has ended even before it started.

On what ground would you say INEC should disqualify a candidate and not eligible to contest.

That INEC should disregard the vote of the 1st and 2nd respondent, and hence declare the 1st petitioner as the winner. Then what should Atiku that came 2nd with over 6.8m votes do?

I think some SANs need to think deeply before filing a petition because these are pre-election matters that is the responsibility of the party not the opposition.

Well, it would be interesting to see the outcome of the Tribunal but honestly I expected something solid from the Obi's legal team and not this joke.

201 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by famology(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
There's no difference between this and what we saw before. Nonsense! E easy na him buhari no be president through the court? Mtcheeeew.........

The petition is empty and watery. Olanipekun should withdraw from the case joor. I road side lawyer can handle this with ease.

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Buckeyemedia1: 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Millimann:

It has to.

This post gives a clearer view of Obi's petition, not the earlier one which they pushed to the front page.
Even his own Labor parry state chairmen on the eve of the election, told the egotistical idiot that he can never win, Peter Obi is all on his own like Bobby Brown.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
What did premium time reported. They only shared 4 instead of full one. But to my own view, they should haste all judgment before they hand over power to anybody so they won't use power to Oppress judiciary. Both from states level to federal instead of dragging the judgment for long.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Flames40: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
Justice should prevail, dazzol

8 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Flames40: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
Let justice prevail dazzol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Lizzysamuel(f): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
nlfpmod
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Lizzysamuel(f): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
famology:
There's no difference between this and what we saw before. Nonsense! E easy na him buhari no be president through the court? Mtcheeeew.........

The petition is empty and watery. Olanipekun should withdraw from the case joor. I road side lawyer can handle this with ease.

Why still bothered?

31 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Iamgrey5(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
What did premium time reported. They only shared 4 instead of full one.
The prayers are there now.

It's the same four which is very laughable.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Buckeyemedia1: 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
Flames40:
Let justice prevail dazzol
Your chances of Biafra which is an impossibility, has better odds than Peter Obi entering Aso Rock.

The Federal Republic of Nigeria belongs to Nigerians, not a certain ethnicity always claiming victimization, yet same are the number 1 perpetrators, so you better get with the program.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by N3TRAL: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
These obidîots are nuts 😂

What's the difference? Premium Times gave a summary of the prayers/ reliefs he sought.

The best possible result for Obi from the day he got the Labour Party ticket was always a rerun of the elections. He didn't get 25% in 24 States. The tribunal cannot declare him winner of the election.

Contrary to the rumours spread on social media, nowhere in the entire electoral act mentions electronic transmission of results.

Obi knows he lost. His lawyers know he lost. Coming out to admit his loss will make his supporters pessimistic that he may ever win. His best hope is to push the narrative the INEC and the judiciary denied his mandate.

This is the weakest presidential election petition in Nigeria's history. The PDP who came second have realized they have no case. 4 of the prayers will be struck out by the court and the court will only focus on the 25% in the FCT contention to clarify their earlier decisions. The Judges should get prepared for insults from obidîots.

Prayer 1 & 2 that Tinubu is not qualified and didn't score 25% in the FCT are their main arguments. The rest are alternatives. It is based on the premise that if Tinubu was not qualified to contest ab initio that his votes did not count and therefore Obi had the highest votes cast and scored 25% in at least 24 States.
Read the paper.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by famology(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Why still bothered?

Why are you bothered?

6 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by NothingDoMe: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
ganisucks:

LegendHero doesn't know how to do his work.
When home work na propaganda that kain home work nor dey finish

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Buckeyemedia1: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The prayers are there now.

It's the same four which is very laughable.
DOA, Dead On Arrival.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by NothingDoMe: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
famology:

It's huge. I've told you guys before context is important in court.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Iamgrey5(m): 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:
With this petition, the case has ended even before it started.

On what ground would you say INEC should disqualify a candidate and not eligible to contest.

That INEC should disregard the vote of the 1st and 2nd respondent, and hence declare the 1st petitioner as the winner. Then what should Atiku that came 2nd with over 6.8m votes do?

I think some SANs need to think deeply before filing a petition because these are pre-election matters than is the responsibility of the party not the opposition.

Well, it would be interesting to see the outcome of the Tribunal but honestly I expected something solid from the Obi's legal team and not this joke.
The tribunal Will strick down this petition in no time.

How on earth will they bring up eligibility of winning candidate and ask court to declare the candidate who came third the winner?

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by OfoIgbo: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheNiceGuy:

What's the case here?

Shameless People

Totally different from the one sent by legendhero, that only showed one of the alternatives.

PO is a father in court issues

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Buckeyemedia1: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
NothingDoMe:
It's huge. I've told you guys before context is important in court.
Sorry for Peter Obi, after all the hype & gra gra, Na Court em still end up?

Useless selfish minded political goat.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Iamgrey5(m): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
DOA, Dead On Arrival.
I am shocked that this is what Peter Obi came up with.

40 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chukwuma Soludo Vs Ejike Mbaka - Rev Fr Reacts / 5 Questions Obasanjo Asked Jonathan In Abeokuta Meeting / Senator Ifeanyi Araraume's Mansion 'Ugwumba Villa' In Imo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.