Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing (15245 Views)

Why Abortion Is An Abominable Sin(selfishness & lack of love for unborn child) / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / Was The First Living Thing That Evolved A Child Or An Adult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Younghacka(m): 8:59am On Jan 27, 2019
ifyalways:

Yeah.

Even those dumped in dustbins.
That One Is Just Barbaric. . And Anyone That Can Look At A Little Cute Baby And Dump Him/Her In A Ditch Or A Bin Should Be Properly Checked.
It Still Baffles Me Cos I Though Women Were The Weaker Vessels That Couldn't Hurt A Fly. . . Their Acts In This Generation Are Nothing To Write Home About.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by AllenSpencer: 9:03am On Jan 27, 2019
So in reality, is it better to abort that bring a child to suffering.

This ideology has sank many families deep into poverty.

Ignore the book and follow reality staring at you.

A topic graced front page recently where an Okada man is crying for help after wife birthed triplet after initially having twins. If the right thing had been done, he won't be in such shoes. And you know the truth, he will suffer cos he has birthed more than he can afford. Miracles don't pay bills. Money does

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Sheunma: 9:05am On Jan 27, 2019
i guess someone has got be seen to have leaped for joy? how come those women knew the movement they felt in their wombs were a leap of joy and not a something else?
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by OpenYourEyes1: 9:05am On Jan 27, 2019
Meanwhile Bacteria is considered a living thing while a baby in the womb made of trillions of living cells isn't considered a living thing.

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by dejavuh0007(m): 9:16am On Jan 27, 2019
there's no correlation between the topic and d Bible verses u quoted.

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by karlboss: 9:23am On Jan 27, 2019
AllenSpencer:

A topic graced front page recently where an Okada man is crying for help after wife birthed triplet after initially having twins. If the right thing had been done, he won't be in such shoes. And you know the truth, he will suffer cos he has birthed more than he can afford. Miracles don't pay bills. Money does

What is the right thing is it to abort the triplets or the man should have used protection during intimacy. I don't want to believe that you are advising someone to kill triplets.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 27, 2019
chiedu7:

When you kill a pregnant woman, they say you killed 2 people.

So when you abort the baby, it's Murder!

See, I'm not going to waste my time and have a discussion with someone, who I know is unable to comprehend my words and argue accordingly. The question of "When does life begin ?" is also a question of "according to biology, philosophy, politics, psychology, religion, technology, or emotions?"

If a house is burning and you have the option of either saving a baby or a zygote in vitro, we're all know damn well a normal human being is going to save the baby.

But like I said earlier, you're not worth my time, if you do not have the ability to understand sentences.

If you were to view things from a religious aspect and the op presented these arguments to justify why according to the bible abortion is seen as a murder, then he'll just be called out for being foolish, which he is. These arguments prove NOTHING, especially the first one. Now swerve!

5 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by CodeTemplar: 9:24am On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Many wonder if abortion is murder and wrong in the sight of God. Some say it isn't because the baby in the womb is not yet a living thing because it hasn't drawn its first breathe. However, this is wrong as seen in the below Bible passage.

Luke 6:23
Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

In the verse above, we see Jesus telling people to leap for joy. This means that leaping for joy is something done by living things. Let's see if a baby in a womb can leap for joy.

Luke 1:41-44 (KJV)
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

If a baby still in pregnancy is not a living thing yet, how come John the Baptist leaped for joy in his mother's womb when Mary arrived with Jesus in her womb? Is leaping for joy not a thing done by living things? Have you ever seen a stone or dead body leap for joy?

Abortion is simply murder of a living thing. Stop it now.
You are so on point with the argument.
Even in regular abortion, in some cases where they adopt a method that involves brute force, the foetus agonize when freshly removed it shows they are in pain already. The feel pain and joy and even start kicking right from the womb and are just as much a living thing as us.

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by AllenSpencer: 9:28am On Jan 27, 2019
karlboss:

What is the right thing is it to abort the triplets or the man should have used protection during intimacy. I don't want to believe that you are advising someone to kill triplets.

Sex is sweet I know. Things happen. But correcting it earlier before doom befalls is best.

The triplets will abort his life in the long run. He could have opted for an abortion and save himself a life trauma.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by tragergeorge(m): 9:30am On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:
Op the examples you listed up there are not strong enough. All controversial issues should be dealt with common sense, in certain circumstances, it makes sense for a woman to have an abortion and at certain stage of the pregnancy. To make a blanket statement like "abortion is wrong" is ignorance. A woman should have a right to choose.
her choice shouldn't be abortion,,
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Deicide: 9:31am On Jan 27, 2019
There is no right to life in any society on Earth today, nor has there been at any former time (with a few rare exceptions, such as among the Jains of India). We raise farm animals for slaughter; destroy forests; pollute rivers and lakes until no fish can live there; hunt deer and elk for sport, leopards for their pelts, and whales for dog food; entwine dolphins, gasping and writhing, in great tuna nets; and club seal pups to death for “population management.” All these beasts and vegetables are as alive as we. What is protected in many human societies is not life, but human life. And even with this protection, we wage “modern” wars on civilian populations with a toll so terrible we are, most of us, afraid to consider it very deeply. Often such mass murders are justified by racial or nationalistic redefinitions of our opponents as less than human.

In the same way, the argument about the “potential” to be human seems to me particularly weak. Any human egg or sperm under appropriate circumstances has the potential to become a human being. Yet male masturbation and noctural emissions are generally considered natural acts and not cause for murder indictments. In a single ejaculation there are enough spermatozoa for the generation of hundreds of millions of human beings. - Carl sagan [Garden of eden]

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by tragergeorge(m): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:

Right. How about women who were rapped?
report the rape case,,keep the pregnancy ,give birth to the baby,,take the baby to a motherless baby home,,,hustle hard and be a big part of the motherless baby home and child's welfare
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by rentAcock(m): 9:36am On Jan 27, 2019
tragergeorge:
report the rape case,,keep the pregnancy ,give birth to the baby,,take the baby to a motherless baby home,,,hustle hard and be a big part of the motherless baby home and child's welfare

So easy for you to say

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Uglymugg: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2019
thesicilian:
Very watery argument.
It's a pretty solid argument though.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by hahn(m): 9:38am On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:
Op the examples you listed up there are not strong enough. All controversial issues should be dealt with common sense, in certain circumstances, it makes sense for a woman to have an abortion and at certain stage of the pregnancy. To make a blanket statement like "abortion is wrong" is ignorance. A woman should have a right to choose.

@johnnydon
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by hinere(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2019
Had trouble with bringing your design ideas to fruition? Do you have a design idea you want to lift from pen and paper to reality? Or do you have an interior space you wish to design and create visualizations for?

We can help you provide these design solutions.

We deal in:
1. Professional Architectural Visualisations
2. Realistic Architectural Animations
3. Interior and Exterior (facade) design.

Just tell us your design idea while we work with you through its design and visualization.

Let's work with you on your next project...

Call/Whatsapp:
Email: arcpromes@gmail.com
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 27, 2019
tragergeorge:

Lol easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by EasterDell: 9:47am On Jan 27, 2019
This is simple!

Anyone that is caught doing abortion. Both woman, doctor and accomplices should be sentenced to die by hanging.

That is the law for murder in Nigeria.

Welcome to the Christian Republic of Nigeria.

Monkeys! You guys didn't even learn from Jesus. This very type of "holier than thow" "i too know" law quoting is why he hated the Pharisees!!!

He who doesn't have a sin should cast the first stone. Plz shut your mouth and face important issues in your own life!

alBHAGDADI:

Many wonder if abortion is murder and wrong in the sight of God. Some say it isn't because the baby in the womb is not yet a living thing because it hasn't drawn its first breathe. However, this is wrong as seen in the below Bible passage.

Luke 6:23
Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

In the verse above, we see Jesus telling people to leap for joy. This means that leaping for joy is something done by living things. Let's see if a baby in a womb can leap for joy.

Luke 1:41-44 (KJV)
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

If a baby still in pregnancy is not a living thing yet, how come John the Baptist leaped for joy in his mother's womb when Mary arrived with Jesus in her womb? Is leaping for joy not a thing done by living things? Have you ever seen a stone or dead body leap for joy?

Abortion is simply murder of a living thing. Stop it now.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Page420: 9:48am On Jan 27, 2019
We'll, what you just did there Mr op, I nothing but semantic analyses of unrelated verse of the Bible. Let forget religion or whatever, without trying to shift blame, rationality or argue in self defense, is abortion not a sin?

But the only problems I have concerning this issue is that some Bleep claim using contraceptive as a form of abortion, awon I too know Christians, so these set of people make life difficult for em make believe 'holier than thou'.
You see these set of people, like they says, 'ojo ti a ba bu iroko ko ni eyin owo ma'nso', these set of people when the go raw without CD, they won't use c cuz it's a sin.

Few months after the deal., to avoid shame and all that they resort to............ After that they'd now come to disturb the peace of we, the unholy that use CD/contraceptive d without thinking thinking it was a sin and only get pregnant for real if they want.

All I know is that, the way now a days Christian are proving I too know, I oversabi, tryna shift blame, prove the rationality behind their action that are against their bible and nature and self defence and twisting and thwarting the word of God to suit their way of life are going ehn. They will just reach even gate, then bro Michael will just tell them that ,they should go and build their own heaven in hell cuz all they did was holiness in sin.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2019
Any one that says, She doesn't have the chance to choose is lieing....... You have the Chance to choose when you want to fvck yourself without any control in place, but you go ahead any way because you don't have any discipline, but after it happened you still feel like you need to commit another atrocities.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by martooski(m): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2019
40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that takes a determined, peaceful approach to showing local communities the consequences of abortion in their own neighborhoods, for their own friends and families. It puts into action a desire to cooperate with God in the carrying out of His plan for the end of abortion. It draws attention to the evil of abortion through the use of a three-point program:

Prayer and fasting
Constant vigil
Community outreach
The 40-day campaign tracks Biblical history, where God used 40-day periods to transform individuals, communities … and the entire world. From Noah in the flood to Moses on the mountain to the disciples after Christ’s resurrection, it is clear that God sees the transformative value of His people accepting and meeting a 40-day challenge.

Vision
40 Days for Life is a focused pro-life campaign with a vision to access God’s power through prayer, fasting, and peaceful vigil to end abortion.

Mission
The mission of the campaign is to bring together the body of Christ in a spirit of unity during a focused 40-day campaign of prayer, fasting, and peaceful activism, with the purpose of repentance, to seek God’s favor to turn hearts and minds from a culture of death to a culture of life, thus bringing an end to abortion.

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by martooski(m): 10:59am On Jan 27, 2019
Want to end abortion? If you do, the first thing you must do is pray. Prayer is at the center of 40 Days for Life. During each campaign, we are calling on people of faith across the nation … and around the world … to fall on their knees before the Lord, asking Him to hear our plea and heal our land. Pray outside an abortion facility. Pray at church. Pray at work. Pray in the car. Pray at home with your family.

Christ told us some demons can only be driven out by prayer and fasting. The two go hand in hand. Prayer keeps us rooted in the fact that it is our desire to carry out God’s will. Fasting is a sacrifice that helps us reach beyond our own limitations with God’s help.

Each day during 40 Days for Life, individuals, churches, families and groups will be asked to join together in prayer for a specific request so the entire Body of Christ can unite around a common focus. These specific prayer requests will seek God’s help for:

Women who are at risk of having an abortion
Innocent children who are at risk of perishing
Men and women who carry the pain of a past abortion experience
Workers at Planned Parenthood facilities and abortion centers
Local, regional, and national leaders
Revival and renewal in our churches
Repentance and healing throughout our nation
People of faith are also invited to fast throughout 40 Days for Life. Christ said there are demons that can only be driven out by prayer and fasting. A fast is not a Christian diet; it is a powerful means of drawing closer to God by blocking out distractions. Fast from certain foods. Fast from television. Fast from apathy and indifference. Fast from whatever it is that separates you from God.

We believe that when God’s people fast with a broken, repentant and contrite spirit, our heavenly Father will hear from heaven and heal our lives, our churches, our communities, our nation, and our world.

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by dometome: 11:27am On Jan 27, 2019
AllenSpencer:

still doesn't prove that abortion isn't murder. Isn't prevention better than cure, how much are condoms sold for, for example. What about family planning ahead of time? If the baby has been conceived, it is now a human being, that is why if you kill a pregnant woman, the law will charge you with double murder.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Yammfy(f): 11:37am On Jan 27, 2019
smiley

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by yawehoverall: 11:49am On Jan 27, 2019
thesicilian:
Very watery argument.

It's very thick and solid, if you were aborted, you won't be able to comment on NL....ponder on it.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by akdjr(m): 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
Why? (quote author= post=75154003]SAY NO TO ABORTION!!![/quote]
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Alsayer: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
CodeTemplar:
You are so on point with the argument.
Even in regular abortion, in some cases where they adopt a method that involves brute force, the foetus agonize when freshly removed it shows they are in pain already. The feel pain and joy and even start kicking right from the womb and are just as much a living thing as us.

No, it depends on the stage of development of the foetus. The foetus is technically not alive until it develops a heart that can undertake blood circulation.

In fact, the foetus is technically an organ in the woman's body until the baby is born. Most people abort when the child is in very early stages of development, but whether or not it is right to abort one in very late stages is both up to debate and depends on circumstance.

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Alsayer: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
dometome:
still doesn't prove that abortion isn't murder. Isn't prevention better than cure, how much are condoms sold for, for example. What about family planning ahead of time? If the baby has been conceived, it is now a human being, that is why if you kill a pregnant woman, the law will charge you with double murder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Getting A Correct Lady To Say Yes To Your Marriage Proposal / 4 Ways You Can "Honor Your Father And Mother" / Speak In Tongues- Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.