Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing (15238 Views)

Why Abortion Is An Abominable Sin(selfishness & lack of love for unborn child) / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / Was The First Living Thing That Evolved A Child Or An Adult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Mentorme: 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Jeremiah 2:34 Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
Any one that says, She doesn't have the chance to choose is lieing....... You have the Chance to choose when you want to fvck yourself without any control in place, but you go ahead any way because you don't have any discipline, but after it happened you still feel like you need to commit another atrocities.

This is so incredibly naive!!!!

1) People get raped and they should have the choice to choose whether or not they want to keep the baby. We have read and heard about women, who chose to keep the child and were eventually seeking for help on how to LOVE those children. It is not EASY

2) People abort children because of diseases too. Technology has come so far, certain diseases can be detected before birth. Are you telling me it is better to bring a child with Tay Sachs to this world?! Not only is there a high probability of the child dying at a young age ca. 5 years, he or she won't even get to enjoy those years. Having Tay Sachs also means you won't develop vision, movement, hearing, and other vital functions.
Not every parent has the money to provide for children with special needs and not every parent can be emotionally there for them!

3) Married couples get an abortion too. Sh*t happens, condoms break! If you are not financially capable of raising another child and giving them the BEST you can, then don't have it! Stop this poor man mentality!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:

Look up the definition of a child and then compare it with the definition of a fetus and then compare it with the definition of a zygote.
They are all living things as shown by the Bible which is the word of God who created all things.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
kikiwendy:
What of a case where a pregnant mother has complications and it is advisable for her to let go of the baby in her womb in order to save her life, is this also considered abortion or rather a murderous act?
in order not to accept the truth, we sometimes love to imagine extreme cases just as you have done. If the woman is truly a follower of Jesus, then she won't might losing her life instead of committing murder through abortion.

Mathew 16:25 KJV
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:

Right. How about women who were rapped?

How about if the baby ends up a billionaire or a president?

How about if the lady's womb gets destroyed in the process of abortion such that she can never get pregnant again? I bet it that she will look back and wished she hadn't aborted the baby.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
ifyalways:
Yeah.
Even those dumped in dustbins.
... who get found and raised into awesome children that bring smiles to many.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
netflicks:

Yeeeepa! I rest my case cheesy
Don't rest your case. Scroll up.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Meanwhile Bacteria is considered a living thing while a baby in the womb made of trillions of living cells isn't considered a living thing.
Don't mind those blind humans who have wickedness in their heart.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
karlboss:

What is the right thing is it to abort the triplets or the man should have used protection during intimacy. I don't want to believe that you are advising someone to kill triplets.

The guy @Allenspencer sounds like a serial killer to have advised for the death of triplets. grin
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
lovelygurl:

1) People get raped and they should have the choice to choose whether or not they want to keep the baby. We have read and heard about women, who chose to keep the child and were eventually seeking for help on how to LOVE those children. It is not EASY

2) People abort children because of diseases too. Technology has come so far, certain diseases can be detected before birth. Are you telling me it is better to bring a child with Tay Sachs to this world?! Not only is there a high probability of the child dying at a young age ca. 5 years, he or she won't even get to enjoy those years. Having Tay Sachs also means you won't develop vision, movement, hearing, and other vital functions.
Not every parent has the money to provide for children with special needs and not every parent can be emotionally there for them!

3) Married couples get an abortion too. Sh*t happens, condoms break! If you are not financially capable of raising another child and giving them the BEST you can, then don't have it! Stop this poor man mentality!

It is Complicated, but i don't support abortion.... it depends on what you believe in......Everything will believe is inmoral in this world can be Justify... from Abortion to Transgender.. homosexuality....etc Shits is getting real and i Know it will never stop there
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Sex is sweet I know. Things happen. But correcting it earlier before doom befalls is best.

The triplets will abort his life in the long run. He could have opted for an abortion and save himself a life trauma.
If the man can't take care of the triplets, he can out them up for adoption. There are many rich people willing to adopt such children. It is better that way than kill them.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
lovelygurl:

What happens to putting the baby up for adoption?

No matter the disease the child has, there are still homes where such children are catered for e.g Down syndrome homes.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Senorprinz(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:
Op the examples you listed up there are not strong enough. All controversial issues should be dealt with common sense, in certain circumstances, it makes sense for a woman to have an abortion and at certain stage of the pregnancy. To make a blanket statement like "abortion is wrong" is ignorance. A woman should have a right to choose.
a woman should also be sensible enough to know that she should take contraceptives immediately after unprotected sex, especially if she knows she and er partner ain't ready for a child yet, why wait till it's a living tin before deciding to exercise her right to choose
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by AllenSpencer: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
If the man can't take care of the triplets, he can out them up for adoption. There are many rich people willing to adopt such children. It is better that way than kill them.

Valid point made and am not disputing it.

We always do say "Prevention is better than cure", if you can not use a condom when due, abort the baby before it gets to life. I think your suggestion should be the last option.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What happens to putting the baby up for adoption?

No matter the disease the child has, there are still homes where such children are catered for e.g Down syndrome homes.

Diseases like

Mitochondrial disease

Tay Sachs

Heart defects etc

As harsh as it may seem, kids or people with those disease don't really have a home because they spend it at the hospital. Hospitals are NOT for free, especially when you live in a country that doesn't support you, especially when you have other kids who have to go to school, eat, dress etc. And 90% of the time, those diseases lead to DEATH. We are talking about health here, money can't always buy you good health!

Down syndrome is is NOT a deadly disease, most who have it are capable of leading a normal life. Diseases like Down syndrome is not what I'm talking about and even those homes you mention cost money!

I'm being realistic here, some parents don't even have the money to take care of abled children.

Besides, those orphanage homes don't pluck money from trees either. Especially in a country like Nigeria, where most people do not even care about those homes. When last did you donate money to any of those homes? Talking is cheap, judging is cheap.

If you really care about "kids" being murdered (like you claim), then I hope you are at least helping those poor kids in the street

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by AllenSpencer: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The guy @Allenspencer sounds like a serial killer to have advised for the death of triplets. grin

Am not, it's just honest truth. An abortion would have saved someone from being a begger. If we go by this route of not legalising abortion in this part of the world, doom is near if not already close. People just multiplying without thinking about quality of life they want for themselves and kids. Millions of unskilled and stack illiterates will have a high percentage in our population.

You need go to downtown Lagos and see how people are multiplying and see the quality of life they leaving. You will feel like sending their parents to jail.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by AllenSpencer: 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

How about if the baby ends up a billionaire or a president?

How about if the lady's womb gets destroyed in the process of abortion such that she can never get pregnant again? I bet it that she will look back and wished she hadn't aborted the baby.

Your first point is a notion that has lead many to the dungeon of poverty which caused their untimely death. What if? Do you know the cost it will take you to get that baby to 18years before you now start talking of him being a president? It's fiction. Their would always be a president.

You need ask medical doctors, abortion is presently as safe as delivery of legalised. People going via odd and quack ways blame themselves.

Get my drift please. A child is a blessing, but don't over do what you can't take care of.

Unforseen hope does not pay bills
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Your first point is a notion that has lead many to the dungeon of poverty which caused their untimely death. What if? Do you know the cost it will take you to get that baby to 18years before you now start talking of him being a president? It's fiction. Their would always be a president.

You need ask medical doctors, abortion is presently as safe as delivery of legalised. People going via odd and quack ways blame themselves.

Get my drift please. A child is a blessing, but don't over do what you can't take care of.

Unforseen hope does not pay bills

Is the cost of raising the child not also the same as raising the one you actually planned for?
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Am not, it's just honest truth. An abortion would have saved someone from being a begger. If we go by this route of not legalising abortion in this part of the world, doom is near if not already close. People just multiplying without thinking about quality of life they want for themselves and kids. Millions of unskilled and stack illiterates will have a high percentage in our population.

You need go to downtown Lagos and see how people are multiplying and see the quality of life they leaving. You will feel like sending their parents to jail.

So all the beggars we see on the streets today all got into that predicament because of abortion?
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
lovelygurl:

Diseases like

Mitochondrial disease

Tay Sachs

Heart defects etc

As harsh as it may seem, kids or people with those disease don't really have a home because they spend it at the hospital. Hospitals are NOT for free, especially when you live in a country that doesn't support you, especially when you have other kids who have to go to school, eat, dress etc. And 90% of the time, those diseases lead to DEATH. We are talking about health here, money can't always buy you good health!

Down syndrome is is NOT a deadly disease, most who have it are capable of leading a normal lives. Diseases like Down syndrome is not what I'm talking about and even those homes you mention cost money!

I'm being realistic here, some parents don't even have the money to take care of abled children.

Besides, those orphanage homes don't pluck money from trees either. Especially in a country in Nigeria, where most people do not even care about those homes. When last did you donate money to any of those homes? Talking is cheap, judging is cheap.

If you really care about "kids" being murdered (like you claim), then I hope you are at least helping those poor kids in the street

If the diseases is deadly, that shouldn't prevent you from giving the child a chance at life. Of the kid will die, let it die on its own. Killing the child means you have prevented its chance at survival or having a miracle. If you don't believe God can heal the child, then I shouldn't continue arguing with you
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by AllenSpencer: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So all the beggars we see on the streets today all got into that predicament because of abortion?

Am not saying it's the root cause of poverty. Am empasizing with regards to controlled birth.

Do you know birthing Indiscriminately is suicidal. You need to a case study of people wallowing in it.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by AllenSpencer: 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Is the cost of raising the child not also the same as raising the one you actually planned for?

Am talking about unplanned and scenerio when you can see that what's coming is greater than what you can afford. Latest ultra scan can update you on gender and numbers at 3months.

If it's planned, I have no problem with that. Am talking about Indiscriminate birthing out of hope that God will take care of the baby and the ideology that abortion is a sin.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Am not saying it's the root cause of poverty. Am empasizing with regards to controlled birth.

Do you know birthing Indiscriminately is suicidal. You need to a case study of people wallowing in it.
So what you are saying in essence is that instead of allowing the birthing of children who would end up as poor people, we should just abort them. Why not just kill all the poor people alive today?
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by klever18(m): 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
how to comment on an Islamic thread?
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by AllenSpencer: 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
So what you are saying in essence is that instead of allowing the birthing of children who would end up as poor people, we should just abort them. Why not just kill all the poor people alive today?

Hello! Can you comprehend my statements? Am saying instead of allowing the birth that will make your life miserable, better you opt for an abortion.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Olabenjamen22(m): 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
See the way those useless atheist and there braindead Muslim are talking trash on this platform.

Some foolish being even go about saying that what the OP wrote was unnecessary argument, but last i check OP didn't said that he want to start an argument here.

Well to some foolish Christian that think that having abortion is good and normal, i expect nothing less from those fool because they are nothing but a child of there father(devil).

To OP.

Nice teaching jare, Keep it Up and God bless you in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by thesicilian: 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
chiedu7:

When you kill a pregnant woman, they say you killed 2 people.

So when you abort the baby, it's Murder!

Uglymugg:
It's a pretty solid argument though.
yawehoverall:

It's very thick and solid, if you were aborted, you won't be able to comment on NL....ponder on it.
Smh
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mary visited Elizabeth when she was 6 months pregnant. You should expect the foetus to have developed to a level. If you can't make her use post pills and later the baby developed then that is your fault. You have no point. That your bible is the author confusion.

Blind leading the blind shocked

Hypocrites who sin everyday and yet finding some ways to make some feel like criminal.

So carry your hypocritical theory off this place.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by BraveAtheist: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
Who cares what the Bible says! It was invented by humans just like morality. Even if a woman wants to abort her child after 9 months let it be done! People really need to abandon their primitive religous beliefs and become freethinkers.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Honeysweetest(f): 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
abortion is a sin, so is not believing in Jesus Christ, so is lying, fornication, Gossip, backbiting, slander etc. hope u are free from all this before your criticism? don't think murder is the greatest sin, all are sin,and unless you repent, you will find yourself in hell. what am I saying, people that do nothing but try to prove the gravity of an act so worst in the secret, what is your point, take away the dirt from your eyes before u see another. and please your argument is lacks credit, it better end here in nairaland.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by biomedics(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
I'm a pro-life but you made absolutely NO point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Prays For Couple Who Welcomed Twins After 25 Years / How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com / 4 Ways You Can "Honor Your Father And Mother"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.