Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice (34064 Views)

State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami / Gunshots At Imo House Of Assembly, 6 Lawmakers Suspended, Chief Whip Sacked / I Will Not Leave Your Office, Falana Tells DSS After Failing To Release Sowore (2) (3) (4)

Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Falana Calls For Justice Onnoghen’s Resignation
Channels Television
Updated January 27, 2019

Femi Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, has asked Justice Walter Onnoghen to quit the bench, following the allegations levelled against him at the code of conduct tribunal.

The human rights activist made this call on Sunday while featuring as a guest on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

He said, “The government should as a matter of urgency, lift the suspension on the Chief Justice since the Chief Justice as so much to on his own admitted that he did not declare his assets, he should do the needful by calling it quits”.

READ ALSO: Onnoghen’s Suspension: NBA To Hold NEC Meeting On Monday

Falana said after the suspension has been lifted, the Chief Justice should quit the bench because he has already admitted that he failed in his duty to declare his asset as required by the constitution.

The Senior Advocate further argued that the Executive and the Judiciary arms of government have failed Nigerians with regards to the case of Justice Walter Onnoghen.

He said it was wrong for President Muhammadu Buhari to have suspended Justice Onnoghen based on an ex parte order of the code of conduct tribunal.

He said by so doing the President did not follow due process, stressing that the government must learn to obey the rule of law.

“You can’t fight corruption without following due process,” Falana said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/01/27/falana-calls-for-justice-onnoghens-resignation/

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Does he need to be told?

At this point even Nyesome Wike who allegedly coordinated the payment of his Judgement fees cannot save him.

141 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by id911(m): 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
Clerverly:

Falana Calls For Justice Onnoghen’s Resignation
Channels Television
Updated January 27, 2019

Femi Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, has asked Justice Walter Onnoghen to quit the bench, following the allegations levelled against him at the code of conduct tribunal.

The human rights activist made this call on Sunday while featuring as a guest on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

He said, “The government should as a matter of urgency, lift the suspension on the Chief Justice since the Chief Justice as so much to on his own admitted that he did not declare his assets, he should do the needful by calling it quits”.

READ ALSO: Onnoghen’s Suspension: NBA To Hold NEC Meeting On Monday

Falana said after the suspension has been lifted, the Chief Justice should quit the bench because he has already admitted that he failed in his duty to declare his asset as required by the constitution.

The Senior Advocate further argued that the Executive and the Judiciary arms of government have failed Nigerians with regards to the case of Justice Walter Onnoghen.

He said it was wrong for President Muhammadu Buhari to have suspended Justice Onnoghen based on an ex parte order of the code of conduct tribunal.

He said by so doing the President did not follow due process, stressing that the government must learn to obey the rule of law.

“You can’t fight corruption without following due process,” Falana said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/01/27/falana-calls-for-justice-onnoghens-resignation/

Mynd44 lalasticlala

I have refrain from commenting on anything that has to do with this CJN issue, allowing you guys to run naked about it because you guys don't really know the blunder Buhari and his useless advisers have committed. Paid agents like Falana and the likes would be surprised at the outcome of their blunder. I only pity Justice Mohammad Tanko

93 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
id911:

I have refrain from commenting on anything that has to do with CJN because you guys don't really know the blunder Buhari and his useless advisers have committed. Paid agents like Falana and the likes would be surprised at the outcome of their blunder.

We have heard, Supporter of Criminals.

262 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by ORIENTATION101: 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lols parade don change gear. Onnoghen should have done this before he gets suspended. After admitting to offence you still want to sit tight to the position you brought shame upon. Onnoghen explore all manners of shameful act in order to stall his imminent removal.his pdp clients has paid upfront in dollars to buy black market justice at tribunal. so onnoghen have to work and in order collect balance after the deed has been done.
Unfortunately the chief Bureau d change operator is yet to do his work and his client dollars is stuck in hands of efcc.
Will he refund back the dollars to his pdp clients

131 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by etrouble: 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
id911:

I have refrain from commenting on anything that has to do with this CJN issue, allowing you guys to run naked about it because you guys don't really know the blunder Buhari and his useless advisers have committed. Paid agents like Falana and the likes would be surprised at the outcome of their blunder.

The criminal ex-CJN already admitted that he "forgot" to declare his assets including but not limited to about 700 million naira in foreign currencies. But hungry people like you are still urging him to continue dancing nakked at the market square. The criminal ex-CJN is gone forever. He is going to be charge and jailed for corruption, you can then be visiting him in Kuje Prisons.

151 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by nonsobaba: 11:00pm On Jan 27, 2019
The former CJN may not want to leave willingly. The contract that he entered into with Atiku, Wike and PDP is a critical component of the Dubai strategy grin and having already received down payments from his sponsors, he is under intense pressure to deliver his part of the bargain. That is why he will be praying for the NJC to go ahead and clamp on him on monday so that he can have a tenable excuse to give Wike and Atiku cheesy

79 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Stalwert: 11:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
Finally Falana is saying what should have been his first comment on the issue. If lawyers had demanded Bureau de change judge resign, none of this would have happened. But their silence and tacit demands against CCT made Onnothief thief of judgement to assume he had been given green light to do as he please.

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by SalamRushdie: 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fool has collected money from Buhari!!! ..What has he commited that warrants resignation !!!!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by id911(m): 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
Clerverly:
[s][/s]

We have heard Supporter of Criminals.

NgeneUkwenu, since the beginning of this useless, worthless and rudderless regime, I have had case to engage you on their midsteps and how the outcome would be. On each occasion, the outcome was always what I predicted... Make una dey make noise dey go as usual, na Justice Tanko Mohammad I pity

Weti dey my head pass ur level by thousands of miles

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
nonsobaba:
The former CJN may not want to leave willingly. The contract that he entered into with Atiku, Wike and PDP is a critical component of the Dubai strategy grin and having already received down payments from his sponsors, he is under intense pressure to deliver his part of the bargain. That is why he will be praying for the NJC to go ahead and clamp on him on monday so that he can have a tenable excuse to give Wike and Atiku cheesy

I learned the money ran into billions of naira and in hard currencies.

Onnoghen is a disgrace to the Judiciary.

79 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by id911(m): 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
etrouble:

The criminal ex-CJN already admitted that he "forgot" to declare his assets including but not limited to about 700 million naira in foreign currencies. But hungry people like you are still urging him to continue dancing nakked at the market square. The criminal ex-CJN is gone forever. He is going to be charge and jailed for corruption, you can then be visiting him in Kuje Prisons.

I know you're an illiterate who has never read the CCB Act and what's in it. This is my last reply here, you guys would learn something soon

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Asapchris(m): 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
You just speak my mind sir...... I wanted to advice him to resign but I was thinking I may be too forward.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by NOC1(m): 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Fool has collected money from Buhari!!! ..What has he commited that warrants resignation !!!!!

For the fact there it is a court order be it bought, purchased or picked it is mandatory that the authority in place should obey it, if you are wise instead if wasting your energy here, go and seek a redress from the court of law.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
id911:

NgeneUkwenu, since the beginning of this useless, worthless and rudderless regime, I have had case to engage you on their midsteps and how the outcome would be. On each occasion, the outcome was always what I predicted... Make una dey make noise dey go as usual, na Justice Tanko Mohammad I pity

Weti dey my head pass ur level by thousands of miles

You predicted that:

1. Buhari would die.

2. PDP would win Kogi Election

3. PDP would win Edo Election

4. PDP would win Ondo Election

5. PDP would win Ekiti Election

6. PDP would Win Osun Election

7. PDP would win Kwara bye Election.

8. Nass would override Buhari if he withheld assent to Electoral bill

9. That Nigeria would burn if Onnoghen was suspended

10. Now this.

Should any sane human being take you seriously after the above predictions? Be honest to yourself.

136 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by nameo: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
etrouble:

What crime did the CJN commit?

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
nameo:

What crimedid the CJN commit?

Nothing ooo! He was just doing his legitimate business of Bureau De Change before Buhari swoop on him.

Are you now happy ipob yoot?

92 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by naijapips04: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
Clerverly:
Does he need to be told?

At this point even Nyesome Wike who allegedly coordinated the payment of his Judgement fees cannot save him.

why are you calling an already sacked judge to resign? you mean it's no longer a settled matter?

you Buhari Buharists are the most confused things on earth.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by ogmask: 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Clerverly:

Nothing ooo! He was just doing his legitimate business of Bureau De Change before Buhari swoop on him.

Are you now happy ipob yoot?

Lol....

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by etin06(m): 11:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
id911:

I have refrain from commenting on anything that has to do with this CJN issue, allowing you guys to run naked about it because you guys don't really know the blunder Buhari and his useless advisers have committed. Paid agents like Falana and the likes would be surprised at the outcome of their blunder. I only pity Justice Mohammad Tanko
Nothing will be done to tanko any decision of the NJC is just a recommendation to the president. As we saw in Jonathan regime where the NJC ordered him to reinstate justice ayo salami but he didnt follow the recommendation and went ahead to appoint justice adamu NJC didn't do anything.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Jonadull: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
naijapips04:

why are you calling an already sacked judge to resign? you mean it's no longer a settles matter?

you Buhari's the are the most confuse things on earth.
Sharrap . The judge was never sacked !
Shey na you sack am ?
Ipob jew

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
naijapips04:

why are you calling an already sacked judge to resign? you mean it's no longer a settles matter?

you Buhari's the are the most confuse things on earth.

Nobody sacked him, court ordered that he should be suspended. So If he goes further to resigns now, it will save tax payers money we are using to maintain him currently.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by criminalmindz: 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
chameleon will always be chameleon. omo brownn roof. coward for life! he will not resign. quote me and die
Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by NOC1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:

seek redress over what ? we are saying nothing has happened in reality because Buhari has no such powers ...I know you are a religious fanatic and I know what your plans are but you will fail

I love my Christianity so much because it does not lie, because it does not kill, because it forgives.

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by AirFireEarthH20: 11:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
etin06:

Nothing will be done to tanko any decision of the NJC is just a recommendation to the president. As we saw in Jonathan regime where the NJC ordered him to reinstate justice ayo salami but he didnt follow the recommendation and went ahead to appoint justice adamu NJC didn't do anything.

To sit on a case, the Supreme Court requires a panel of Justices which Justice Tanko will not get because he's an illegitimate Ag. CJN. For your info, Justice Tanko Mohammad is not even invited to tomorrow's NJC meeting. I know you won't understand what that means

The Military Regime tried their gra gra and stupidity with the Supreme Court but they showed them peper they had to make friends with them instead of enemies. The guy was right, a lot of ignorant people abound in Nigeria

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
AirFireEarthH20:

To sit on a case, the Supreme Court requires a panel of Justices which Justice Tanko will not get. The Military Regime tried it with the Supreme Court but they showed them peper they had to make friends with them instead of enemies. The guy was right, a lot of ignorant people abound in Nigeria

You watch a lot of cartoons grin grin grin Who told you those judges with bags of skeletons will abandon Justice Tanko?

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Jesusloveyou: 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
is now falana sense is working

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by AirFireEarthH20: 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
Clerverly:

You watch a lot of cartoons grin grin grin Who told you those judges with bags of skeletons will abandon Justice Tanko?

For your info, Justice Tanko Mohammad is not even invited to tomorrow's NJC meeting. I know you won't understand what that means

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by livelymatilda22: 11:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
id911:

Who is this one again?

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Resign Now, Femi Falana Tells Suspended Chief Justice by Clerverly: 11:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
AirFireEarthH20:

For your info, Justice Tanko Mohammad is not even invited to tomorrow's NJC meeting. I know you won't understand what that means

Where is the notice of the meeting? Who authorizes NJC meeting? You are probably a kid. Get off my mention.

28 Likes 6 Shares

FG Implements Cooking Gas Imports Tax, Price Jumps By 100% / Buhari’s Presidential Campaign Mega Rally In Lagos State (photos) / Gov Alia's Assets Recovery Committee recover Exotic Cars from Ortom's Property

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51