Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? (4665 Views)

Was This The Reason Why Men Had More Women In The Olden Days? (pics) / Thr Day Marriage Died. / If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
I was chatting with my friend and her mum overhead us, then she said she never dated her husband before getting married to him, she never had sex either, that he just came and asked her parents for her hand in marriage, and over the years she learnt to love him, and its better than modern day marriage where you have to date him, prolly have sex before marriage, i don't think she's right though because you have to date someone, get familiar, and such arranged marriages comes with a lot of regrets and had i known, and i can't grow to love someone i don't like or put up with nonsense, she raised some valid points though but i disagreed silently, i can't argue with her.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
I detest "arranged marriage".....

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
Modern day marriages please.
In this century women have better rights than before in marriages(egalitarian marriages).

Unlike before when a woman's highest calling was in the kitchen and didn't have rights to voice their displeasures on issues.The modern woman has choices.

Arranged marriages make no sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Modern day marriages please.
In this century women have better rights than before in marriages(egalitarian marriages).

Unlike before when a woman's highest calling was in the kitchen.

Don't you think the reason why the rate of divorce is high this days is because of this belief that a woman's place is not the kitchen?

7 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
A part of me still fancy the traditional method of marriage....

It is less stressful, no need for all these yeye wife material test going on now.

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhisbliss:
I was chatting with my friend and her mum overhead us, then she said she never dated her husband before getting married to him, she never had sex either, that he just came and asked her parents for her hand in , and over the years she learnt to love him, and its better than modern day marriage where you have to date him, prolly have sex before marriage, i don't think she's right though because you have to date someone, get familiar, and such arranged marriages comes with a lot of regrets and had i known, and i can't grow to love someone i don't like or put up with nonsense, she raised some valid points though but i disagreed silently, i can't argue with her.
did the parent of your friend divorce, if no, I still prefer the olden days marriage to modern marriage where they both have sex before marriage yet end up divorcing. have we ask ourselves why there is high rate of divorce in our contemporary society

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhisbliss:
Don't you think the reason why the rate of divorce is high this days is because of this belief that a woman's place is not the kitchen?
I don't think so.Nobody should define a woman's place only the woman herself should do that.

People divorce for different reasons.I think it is a flawed mentality when people put the failure of a marriage on women only men have their faults too.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
virgoquin:
A part of me still fancy the traditional method of marriage....

It is less stressful, no need for all these yeye wife material test going on now.
Lol that is your reason? Aren't you worried about the fact that you'll be forced to marry a man you don't like?
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 4:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I don't think so.Nobody should define a woman's place only the woman herself should do that.

People divorce for different reasons.I think it is a flawed mentality when people put the failure of a marriage on women only men have their faults too.

But they're little or no divorce back in the days, why is that?
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
Oma307:

did the parent of your friend divorce, if no, I still prefer the olden days marriage to modern marriage where they both have sex before marriage yet end up divorcing. have we ask ourselves why there is high rate of divorce in our contemporary society
Why do you think there's high rate of divorce in our society?? So you prefer "arranged marriages"??

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
Oma307:

They're still together, old and grey, still inlove, they play like best friends.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhisbliss:
Lol that is your reason? Aren't you worried about the fact that you'll be forced to marry a man you don't like?

love grows with time....by the way it isn't going to be a forced marriage jare.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
virgoquin:

love grows with time....by the way it isn't going to be a forced marriage jare.

Well from what she told me, it looks exactly like a forced marriage, they just gave her away without asking her if she's cool with it.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
Oma307:

I think the reason for the high rate of divorce today is because there is less stigma on divorcees in those days people women especially were stigmatised for leaving their husband's houses if a man even had an issue with his wife he could just get another wife to marry.

People in modern times have choices and are tired of pretending or enduring BS from their spouses so once one misbehaves or falls out of love the door is always open for divorce.

If there was less stigma on divorce in those times and if some of our mothers were more financially empowered like now they would not think twice to leave their husbands who treated them like second fiddle mundane beings.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhisbliss:
But they're little or no divorce back in the days, why is that?

In my opinion,They was much stigma on divorce and the society frowned on such.In recent times people have choices and do not see marriage as a do or die affair or for better for worse.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

In my opinion,They was much stigma on divorce and the society frowned on such.In recent times people have choices and do not see marriage as a do or die affair or for better for worse.
You're right though.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I think the reason for the high rate of divorce today is because there is less stigma on divorcees in those days people women especially were stigmatised for leaving their husband's houses if a man even had an issue with his wife he could just get another wife to marry.

People in modern times have choices and are tired of pretending or enduring BS from their spouses so once one misbehaves or falls out of love the door is always open for divorce.

If there was less stigma on divorce in those times and if some of our mothers were more financially empowered like now they would not think twice to leave their husbands who treated them like second fiddle mundane beings.

true

but also women now have an option as in finding a job to look after herself

if you look back the 80s going back most wives were housewives non were working, husbands were the sole provider, society sort of shun away few women who worked as they were sort labelled as rebels and loose simply because most job were around men

so husband being the sole provider and society looking down on those women who dare to go and work among men, most women stayed in these marriages even when the husband was abusive

even if you look now there were few women selling in the streets as compared to now, the modern marriage is still ok but things have changed women can opt to leave marriage becoz she can feed herself by simply having to sell on the streets than being abused

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Thank you for the better analysis.
ZIMDRILL:

true

but also women now have an option as in finding a job to look after herself

if you look back the 80s going back most wives were housewives non were working, husbands were the sole provider, society sort of shun away few women who worked as they were sort labelled as rebels and loose simply because most job were around men

so husband being the sole provider and society looking down on those women who dare to go and work among men, most women stayed in these marriages even when the husband was abusive

even if you look now there were few women selling in the streets as compared to now, the modern marriage is still ok but things have changed women can opt to leave marriage becoz she can feed herself by simply having to sell on the streets than being abused
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Martin0(m): 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhisbliss:
You're right though.
wait wait are you the real user i had known earlier before now cheesy cheesy cheesy dammmmm shocked shocked
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
Martin0:
wait wait are you the real user i had known earlier before now cheesy cheesy cheesy dammmmm shocked shocked
What are you saying martin?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
Go and marry
Go and marry
Na the same people go still give you empty envelop that day... yimu!

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by marvin906(m): 5:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
hmmmmm..
well Will have go for modern day marriages not as if is perfect buh it gives both partners more freedom anyways.(which is being misused)
example a woman being abused by her hubby can choose to leave the marriage buh back then it can never happen..
back then arranged marriages was much not like now when you can study your partner and decide whether to marry him/her
buh truth be told the difference between then and now isn't much

mhizzAj

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by kyjuan: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
THE ICT DONS ARE COMING TO ABUJA FOR THE POWERFUL TRAINING IN 3D ANIMATIONS!

THIS INCREDIBLE TRAINING OF A LIFETIME IS READY TO COMMENCE – GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU AN ICT PRO IN 2019!

WANT TO BE THE BEST 3D ANIMATOR? THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING IN 3D ANIMATION IS THE ULTIMATE TRAINING GROUND IN 4 WEEKS – 100% PRACTICALS

Pour your creative ideas and your technical skills into a dynamic career in the fast evolving field of 3D animation where your chances to progress are only as limited as your imagination

The animation classes are intensive, hands-on experiences that combine in-class lectures with instructor-supervised workshops and course assignments. From the first day of classes, students can expect to start gaining hands-on experience with the animation software and skills they will require as the curriculum grows more challenging. In short, students can expect that their animation classes will be demanding, but productive, with students ultimately creating their own original 3D animations

If you want to reach your full potential as an animator, there’s no better pathway than this powerful 3 weeks 3D Program!

WHAT YOU LEARN AT THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING

- The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N28,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: MARCH, 2019

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: ASOKORO AND LIFE CAMP CENTERS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: If you are in Abuja and you want to partner with us. Kindly reach us ASAP. PORT HARCOURT AND IBADAN COMING SOON!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

See Banners for Contact and Website details to REGISTER!

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Rextizzle(m): 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
Olden days marriage is simpler.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Tamarapetty(f): 5:37pm On Jan 28, 2019
Atleast marriages last in the olden days, unlike now, everybody's tryna be social media fav couple. . And they're still divorcing upandan.

Mothers could put up to anything, unlike now, after one misunderstanding. They start packing.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Paxie55: 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhisbliss:
What are you saying martin?
Nice dp.
Is that You?
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Paxie55:

Nice dp.
Is that You?
Yea thats me, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Paxie55:

Nice dp.
Is that You?
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 5:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
Tamarapetty:
Atleast marriages last in the olden days, unlike now, everybody's tryna be social media fav couple. . And they're still divorcing upandan.

Mothers could put up to anything, unlike now, after one misunderstanding. They start packing.

They're the real example of strong women, not all those confused feminists.
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Newboss(m): 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhisbliss:
They're the real example of strong women, not all those confused feminists.

Abi? Back then if she talk anyhow, I woose her 53 dirty slaps. Yeah, strong women. In fact, I give her to my visitors to fūck. Yeah, that's strong women. In short, I knock 30 of her teeth out. Yeah, that's strong women. I mean, I bang the shìt outta her even when she's crying and pleading with me not to. Yeah, that's strong women.

C'mon sis, that's a mõron, not a strong woman! The position of those your boobs are cool, but not their positions back then angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by Headlesschicken(m): 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
undecided Olden days marriage would always remain d best n d most solid.... Only old souls would understand..
Re: Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? by mhisbliss(f): 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
Newboss:

Abi? Back then if she talk anyhow, I woose her 53 dirty slaps. Yeah, strong women. In fact, I give her to my visitors to fūck. Yeah, that's strong women. In short, I knock 30 of her teeth out. Yeah, that's strong women. I mean, I bang the shìt outta her even when she's crying and pleading with me not to. Yeah, that's strong women.

C'mon sis, that's a mõron, not a strong woman! The position of those your boobs are cool, but not their positions back then angry
I'm not saying its cool for anyone to endure abuse but they endured it and made thier marriage work, don't you think they're the ones who deserve that title more than one who got divorced over something you can easily settle with a talk?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Most Shameful Thing You Have Ever Done? / Guys, You Can Only Choose One, Just One / This Onionson's Case Is Another Reason Men Should Be WISE With Women!!! [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.