Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (10154 Views)

Job 22:28: Did God Tell Us To Decree And Declare When We Pray? / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child / Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CreepyBlackpool: 12:57am On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
It was a test, and for the benefit and cause of Abraham. Afterall, Yahweh knows it all, but does Abraham know himself all, talkless know it all, like Yahweh does.

How much do you know about yourself budaatum? Do you know everything and all that needs to be known about yourself?

And the only test he could possibly give him was to ask him to commit murder, a sin?

And goes on to reward him for attempting to commit sin?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by budaatum: 2:15am On Feb 01, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

And the only test he could possibly give him was to ask him to commit murder, a sin?

And somehow, I shouldn't feel insulted when Im caught bowing down and worshipping such a god?

I guess it would make sense to me if I park my brain away and refuse to use it like muttley does.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by frank317: 3:34am On Feb 01, 2019
budaatum:

In fact, a sensible person might argue that Abraham showed he hadn't abandoned his old gods, if one were to assume they were the sort who did appreciate human sacrifices, and therefore, as far as Yahweh was concerned, Abraham failed woefully!

Exactly... I wonder how sensible it is that the new God is testing him with the same instruction that an old God would give. Abraham should have known that something was fishy

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Rextizz(m): 7:56am On Feb 01, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Makes no sense. When we hear "God", we know what it means. God has nothing to prove that we don't know already
Are you ignoring me
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by orisa37: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2019
To establish a Covenant on Isaac.
Isaac was Abel revived and Jesus resurrected
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 9:20am On Feb 01, 2019
frank317:
What's this? U needn't repeat urself like I didn't understand ur post. U should have told me u didn't understand my response. I repeat, this same response messed up what I thought of ur first post (I actually liked it)
Faith and obedience being intertwined is not the issue but that u accepted that God was testing Abraham with an act he deemed wrong
Do you see what one of the stand-offs is about here frank317?
What is the wrong, frank317, in commanding another to carry out an act on something that you own?

frank317:
U have no case to rest. Nobody ever argued that abraham killed his son. The argument is that God is satisfied with the fact that Abraham intended to actually kill his son for him. Argue that and stop playing smart.
So? What's the wrong in that frank317?

Did God ask anyone else to go kill their children for Him? No, he didnt and hasnt ever did

I have a case and a very valid case for that matter. I earlier asked you: "Do you remember how Isaac came about? Do you remember the circumstances before and up until his birth?" but you ignored that comment

frank317:
I repeat, things u are familiar with is not the issue here. Also, Abraham's cultural background is not the issue here. The issue is that God is testing man to find out if he is obedient enough to carry out a bad deed for him.
Ur evasion tactics will not work
I will test you on things I know you're used to, I will test you on things you are familiar with. I will test you based on your past antecedents. I will test and confirm to you, whether or not you are susceptible to be avaricious, by feeding your greed. Feeding your greed, will be a good test and it wouldnt necessarily be criminal for me, to do so

Now, frank317, tell what exactly, is the bad deed, in God telling Abraham to go kill Isaac, his son there as a sacrifice for God, and this same Isaac, Abraham's only son, the one he love, should be used as a burnt offering on one of the mountains God said He will point out which to Abraham?

frank317:
Hear urself please... Was God satisfied that abraham obeyed his instruction to kill his son? u better answer.
That would be resounding YES. Of course, God was satisfied that Abraham was will and prepared to obey His instruction to kill his son, Isaac. God was deed chuffed with Abraham. He was actually pleased for Abraham's sake, that Abraham considering the tricky and awkward situation, Abraham came through passing with flying colours

frank317:
And stop repeating that the killing never happened, that's weak.
It is the truth and fact that the killing never happened. Now if the kiiling didnt happen, I wonder why you guys have an extremely nervous and sensitive temperament to the escapade. Even budaatum, in chillax mode, actually saw the whole affair as a God prank

frank317:
OK... But this is irrelevant
Now that you are aware, at least, you'll take more care, so I dont agree with you that it is irrelevant.

frank317:
If they understood themselves, then they should have kept it between them.
That is exactly what they've both done frank317. Have you heard or seen God after theirs ask anyone else to go to kill their son for God?

frank317:
I am not Abraham and God asking him to do bad things to show obedience is wrong.
God will never ask anyone to do bad things frank317. God telling Abraham to kill is son is not a bad thing nor is it wrong for God to do or ask

frank317:
Asking a child I love who comes from a robbery background to go and rob as a test for his obedience is wrong on my part.
Cant you see this is not worthy of comparison. For starters, why are you encouraging someone to go steal another person's property?

frank317:
Stop talking like u don't get my point.
I do get your point. I really do but your point is skewed and I empathise with you on that

frank317:
U didn't actually respond to it, u just quoted it and repeated the same response that made me give the example. Its now u are responding with this funny example. How about if I test the boy to go steal my own property? Will it be right for the boy to even attempt to steal them?
Of course I responded and did because I didnt want you to accuse me of being evasive.

You think it is funny, me saying, you are using a wrong and invalid scenario. You think it is funny, me asking you: "Why would you tell him to go and steal someone else's property?. Is the property his or yours?" huh? Like I said, earlier, you arent seeing the forest because of the trees, and that is why it's actually you guys, and especially you, who are throwing up funnies of all sorts

Yes frank317, it will be right for the boy to even attempt to steal them, because you told him to go do stealing, you gave him express authorisation to go steal from you. In some parts of world, there is a name for something like that, it is called social experiment

frank317:
muttleylaff must have known some wacky and crazy things about Abraham i don't know, don't u think?
It sure does seem like that, dont you think frank317

frank317:
If Abraham kills his son and his son comes back to life, that does not make him a murderer?
Yes, it does not make Abraham a murderer because there is no dead body, besides, Abraham was following a God command to kill, and so this absolves Abraham of any culpability, blame or wrong.

frank317:
One who kills someone is not a murderer because the person comes back to life?
Yes, it does not make Abraham a murderer because there is no dead body. It doesnt matter, how many ways you want to pan this, the answer always will be "it doesnt make Abraham a murderer"

frank317:
U just wanna win argument. Enjoy.
Number 1, I dont do argument and there is a very good reason for that, to me
Number 2, unlike you, I dont have a truculent bone in my body
Number 3, truth needs no argument

frank317:
Ya right, glad u got ur own joke.
I am just being real, trutful and facing the facts. Wish yo could and are able to frank317

frank317:
Sorry I never knew God loves that act of killing.
I wouldnt like you, stretch and/or go as far as saying God loves the act of killing, but can confidently say I know God is not averse to killing, and you can take that comment to the bank frank317

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 9:21am On Feb 01, 2019
budaatum:
Just so you know, I don't think Abraham was tested on anything by anyone since the tester hardly existed and Abraham didn't either.
Nobi today, yansh don tey for chicken back, of course I know your position or stance on Abraham, the testee and the Tester but hypotheticall speaking, was only after, what personally and exactly, do you think Abraham was being tested on?

budaatum:
At best, the story is to show that the new understanding, god Yahweh, disapproved of human sacrifice that was rampant at the time.
Bullseye!
and so we have one of the many birds, killed with one stone, in this macabre social experiment adventure of a thing

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 9:21am On Feb 01, 2019
frank317:
The issue is that God is testing man to find out if he is obedient enough to carry out a bad deed for him.
It is not a bad deed, if God Himself auhorises you to do it

budaatum:
In fact, a sensible person might argue that Abraham showed he hadn't abandoned his old gods, if one were to assume they were the sort who did appreciate human sacrifices, and therefore, as far as Yahweh was concerned, Abraham failed woefully!
Abraham passed in flying colours

frank317 and budattum, Abraham was following instruction, whose instructions where others following when they were practising all those child sacrifices and/or ritualistic killing of children?

frank317:
Exactly... I wonder how sensible it is that the new God is testing him with the same instruction that an old God would give. Abraham should have known that something was fishy
If I were to test you both youse budaatum and frank317, the test will have to involve something you cherish, something you hold dearly, it will have to be with something they'll will have to kill you first and the prise your clinging on to fingers, off before they'll take the thing off you. You know thats how the cookie crumbles now.

I will test you both on things I know you're used to, I will test you on things you are familiar with. I will test you on something you are used to. Like may for example, child sacrifices and/or ritualistic killing of children? I will test you based on your past antecedents. If I am to test and confirm to you, whether or not you are susceptible to being avaricious, then I will test you, by feeding your greed. Feeding your greed, will be a good test and it wouldnt necessarily be criminal for me, to do so

CreepyBlackpool:

It is not murder. It isnt murder

budaatum:
And somehow, I shouldn't feel insulted when Im caught bowing down and worshipping such a god?
I guess it would make sense to me if I park my brain away and refuse to use it like muttley does.
You are letting your emotions get the better of you

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CreepyBlackpool: 9:49am On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
It is not a bad deed, if God Himself auhorises you to do it

so Islamic terrorists are not commiting murders ba?

all the people they're kiling, its sacrifice?

The military shouldn't fight Boko haram since they're not doing any bad deeds? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by JujuSugar(f): 9:50am On Feb 01, 2019
LordReed:
If the god HATES child sacrifice?

Deuteronomy 12:30-31 New International Version (NIV)
30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

So it decides that the best way to test its loyal servant is to ask him to do something the god hates to see if its loyal servant will obey a thing the god hates? And then rewards the servant for attempting to do the thing the god hates? How does this make sense?
I prefer Jephthah's story to Abraham's as an example because God doesn't intervene and the child is sacrificed.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by JujuSugar(f): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2019
CodeTemplar:
The man vowed and fulfilled his vow? How is that God's fault?
Are you trying to say God did not know that Jephthah's daughter was the first person Jephthah would see?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 9:55am On Feb 01, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
so Islamic terrorists are not commiting murders ba?

all the people they're kiling, its sacrifice?

The military shouldn't fight Boko haram since they're not doing any bad deeds? undecided
Keep on jumping from pillar to post with invalid comparisons

JujuSugar:
I prefer Jephthah's story as an example because God doesn't intervene and the child is sacrificed.
I am sorry to be the one bursting this bubble of ill-information, a victim of bad and/or false teaching, for you, that the child sacrificed as perpetual dedication to God's work, similar way Samuel the priest was, and that she wasn't given up as a barbecue or burning sacrifice
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 9:57am On Feb 01, 2019
JujuSugar:
Are you trying to say God did not know that Jephthah's daughter was the first person Jephthah would see?
Bring out one single verse and not more than one verse, you are basing this assumption on, and let's both give it a critical look over together
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by JujuSugar(f): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Keep on jumping from pillar to post with invalid comparisons
Its not an invalid comparison, bro. There's a little something called "God's plan"

MuttleyLaff:
I am sorry to be the one bursting this bubble of ill-information, a victim of bad and/or false teaching, for you, that the child sacrificed as perpetual dedication to God's work, similar way Samuel the priest was, and that she wasn't given up as a barbecue or burning sacrifice
Doesn't justify anything. Thanks for quoting me to say nothing.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by JujuSugar(f): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Bring out one single verse and not more than one verse, you are basing this assumption on, and let's both give it a critical look over together
Which one is assumption? Is God not supposed to be omniscient?
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 10:21am On Feb 01, 2019
JujuSugar:
Its not an invalid comparison, bro. There's a little something called "God's plan"
What has his comparison in common with God asking Abraham to sacrifice Isaac?

JujuSugar:
IDoesn't justify anything. Thanks for quoting me to say nothing.
How do you mean doesnt justfify anything and saying thanks for quoting you, to say nothing?. I am telling you that the Jephthah story is not an example God intervening to any child getting being barbecued sacrificed and you are giving off attitude

JujuSugar:
Which one is assumption? Is God not supposed to be omniscient?
Your assumption that Jephthah was thinking about his daughter, as the first person Jephthah would see when returning back from fighting the enemies? Jephthah wasnt even thinking about any human being when he promised a barbeque

Of course God supposedly and surely is omniscient, but are human beings omniscient? Do you know everything annd all that could be known about you yourself? If put under pressure, do you know with 100% certainty, whether or not you will stand and remain firm and resolute or if or not, you'll buckle and/or give in?
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by JujuSugar(f): 10:35am On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
According to you christians, God always has a plan. And every event is part of this plan, so automatically, he's responsible for Boko Haram. And then you claimed that a deed isn't bad if God authorizes you to do it. So now how do you justify the deeds of the Boko Haram?

MuttleyLaff:
How do you mean doesnt justfify anything and saying thanks for quoting you, to say nothing?. I am telling you that the Jephthah story is not an example God intervening to any child getting being barbecued sacrificed and you are giving off attitude
Did God know that Jepthah's daughter will be the first person Jephthah would meet at home? Yes or No.

MuttleyLaff:
Your assumption that Jephthah was thinking about his daughter, as the first person Jephthah would see when returning back from fighting the enemies? Jephthah wasnt even thinking about any human being when he promised a barbeque
I'm not assuming that Jephthah was thinking of his daughter. In fact i don't know where you pulled that from. What I'm saying (and its not an assumption by the way), is that God could have easily spared Jephthah the pain of killing his own daughter since he's omniscient and clearly knew before hand that Jephthah would end up killing her.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CreepyBlackpool: 10:48am On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

What they have in common is that just like Jehovah asked Abraham to kill Isaac and rewards him for trying to do so, Allah also rewards Islamic terrorists for killing.

Except that being a hypocrite, you have termed killing for Jehova a sacrifice and not a bad deed, while killing for Allah is terrorism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 11:02am On Feb 01, 2019
JujuSugar:
According to you christians, God always has a plan. And every event is part of this plan, so automatically, he's responsible for Boko Haram. And then you claimed that a deed isn't bad if God authorizes you to do it. So now how do you justify the deeds of the Boko Haram?
Anyone who hasn't a plan, plans to fail, it's as simple as that

I am glad, you are willing to engage, and engage without personalising. I don't give a hoot what or what not you believe, all we are doing here, is just having a mature, honest, factual and truthful conversation. Now having said all that, please tell where and when God authorised anyone in particular about Boko Haram?

JujuSugar:
Did God know that Jepthah's daughter will be the first person Jephthah would meet at home? Yes or No.
Of course, God knows and knows everything, but Jephthah wasn't even talking about human being as what he is willing to barbecue. This is the point, truth and fact eluding you

JujuSugar:
I'm not assuming that Jephthah was thinking of his daughter. In fact i don't know where you pulled that from. What I'm saying (and its not an assumption by the way), is that God could have easily spared Jephthah the pain of killing his own daughter since he's omniscient and clearly knew before hand that Jephthah would end up killing her.
I am categorically telling you, an issue of Jephthah having or planned to sacrificing his daughter as a barbecue is a non-story. None of this rubbish is found in the Jephthah narrative. This is why I asked you to provide a single verse that you are hinging this assumption on, mind you, a single verse and not more than a single verse.

You guys are so fond of being argumentative just for argument sake, eh.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 11:07am On Feb 01, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
What they have in common is that just like Jehovah asked Abraham to kill Isaac and rewards him for trying to do so, Allah also rewards Islamic terrorists for killing.

Except that being a hypocrite, you have termed killing for Jehova a sacrifice and not a bad deed, while killing for Allah is terrorism
See what I mean. Shifting and swinging over to Allah is the next clutching at straws thing to do now. Please can you give me one person's name God told, as regards to terrorism, to go kill and what the reward was he promised or gave this person?
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by JujuSugar(f): 11:15am On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
please tell where and when God authorised anyone in particular about Boko Haram?
If God is not responsible for Boko haram, then he is neither omniscient nor omnipotent

MuttleyLaff:

Of course, God knows and knows everything,
Good. I'm glad we agree on this.

MuttleyLaff:
but Jephthah wasn't even talking about human being as what he is willing to barbecue.
Wrong.
Judges 11: 30-35:
30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, 31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering........ 34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the Lord, and I cannot go back.
Don't try to twist it. You know damn well what Jephthah meant in this passage.

MuttleyLaff:

I am categorically telling you, an issue of Jephthah having or planned to sacrificing his daughter as a barbecue is a non-story. None of this rubbish is found in the Jephthah narrative. This is why I asked you to provide a single verse that you are hinging this assumption on, mind you, a single verse and not more than a single verse.
If you're trying to suggest that God's hands were tied with regards this issue, i'd like to know why.

MuttleyLaff:
You guys are so fond of being argumentative just for argument sake, eh.
I've gone through the four pages of this thread and this description best fits you, Mr. Muttleylaff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CreepyBlackpool: 11:20am On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
See what I mean. Shifting and swinging over to Allah is the next clutching at straws thing to do now. Please can you give me one person's name God told, as regards to terrorism, to go kill and what the reward was he promised or gave this person?

Did your bible not say your God pulled down the walls of Jericho so Joshua could commit mass murders in the book of Joshua chapter 6.
Joshua 6:24 and they burned the city with fire, and all within it. Only the silver, gold and the vessels of bronze and of iron, they put in the treasury of the house of the Lord.

Joshua 8:2 and you shall do to Ai and its king as you did to Jericho and its king.....lay an ambush against the city, behind it.

these ones are not murders ba?

and I only involved Islamic terrorist because of your assertion that killing for a God is a good deed and not murder
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2019
JujuSugar:
If God is not responsible for Boko haram, then he is neither omniscient nor omnipotent
Is God also responsible for your sins too Madam JujuSugar?

JujuSugar:
Good. I'm glad we agree on this.
The feeling is mutual.

JujuSugar:
Wrong.
Judges 11: 30-35:
30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, 31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering........ 34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the Lord, and I cannot go back. Don't try to twist it. You know damn well what Jephthah meant in this passage.
I am sorry, it is too strong for you to stomach the truth.
Weren't you warned to put forward just one verse? You want to hide the truth under an avalanche of verses, right?

JujuSugar:
If you're trying to suggest that God's hands were tied with regards this issue, i'd like to know why
It didn't get to God's hands being tied JujuSugar. Jephthah knows as a rule, that God is not into that wicked and cruel business of nonsense, he wasn't even thinking of a human being. The clue is in the kind or type of pronoun Jephthah used in Joshua 11:31

JujuSugar:
If
I've gone through the four pages of this thread and this description best fits you, Mr. Muttleylaff
If you really and truly read the four pages objectively, you would have noticed that I am not being opinionated but I am having an unbiased conversation dealing with truth and facts I can back the truth up with
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 11:49am On Feb 01, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Did your bible not say your God pulled down the walls of Jericho so Joshua could commit mass murders in the book of Joshua chapter 6.
Joshua 6:24 and they burned the city with fire, and all within it. Only the silver, gold and the vessels of bronze and of iron, they put in the treasury of the house of the Lord.

Joshua 8:2 and you shall do to Ai and its king as you did to Jericho and its king.....lay an ambush against the city, behind it.

these ones are not murders ba?

and I only involved Islamic terrorist because of your assertion that killing for a God is a good deed and not murder
They are not murders, that was God carry out and/or executing judgement. Now God specifically personally and directly authorised those people to carry out His command

Since you are shifting and swinging over to Allah as the next clutching at straws thing to do now, then please can you give me one person's name, in modern history, God told, as regards to terrorism, to go kill and what the reward was he promised or gave this person?
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CreepyBlackpool: 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
They are not murders, that was God carry out and/or executing judgement. Now God specifically personally and directly authorised those people to carry out His command

Since you are shifting and swinging over to Allah as the next clutching at straws thing to do now. Please can you give me one person's name, in modern history, God told, as regards to terrorism, to go kill and what the reward was he promised or gave this person?

Shifting, swinging, clutching straws, its like they just taught you those words in this week's reading comprehension passage. grin

You asked for where God asked his people to kill, I quoted your bible for yougrin
your best defence is still that it is not murders

Now you're asking for Chriatian killings in morden times, nigga have you heard of the christian crusades.
Those too are not murders ba?cheesy

no matter what you say it doesn't change the fact that your God is a bloodthirsty genocidal maniac.
Keep shifting and swinging inugo grin
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 12:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Shifting, swinging, clutching straws, its like they just taught you those words in this week's reading comprehension passage. grin

You asked for where God asked his people to kill, I quoted your bible for yougrin
your best defence is still that it is not murders

Now you're asking for Chriatian killings in morden times, nigga have you heard of the christian crusades.
Those too are not murders ba?cheesy

no matter what you say it doesn't change the fact that your God is a bloodthirsty genocidal maniac.
Keep shifting and swinging inugo grin
When you are done having a hard on, will you then please give me the names of those people that committed those acts in the Christian Crusades that God authorised. You have mentioned Joshua and Jericho and we both agree that God commanded him to do those killings, so please give an do same here
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by JujuSugar(f): 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Is God also responsible for your sins too Madam JujuSugar?
Yes

MuttleyLaff:
The feeling is mutual.
Cool

MuttleyLaff:
[s]I am sorry, it is too strong for you to stomach the truth.
Weren't you warned to put forward just one verse? You want to hide the truth under an avalanche of verses, right?[/s]
Cry me a river. I gave you those verses to debunk your claim that Jephthah wasn't thinking of a human being when he made the vow. Now, you want to dance around the fact. Do keep dancing.

MuttleyLaff:

he wasn't even thinking of a human being.
I've addressed this statement already

MuttleyLaff:
The clue is in the kind or type of pronoun Jephthah used in Joshua Judges 11:31
The pronoun isn't really the issue. One thing to understand concerning Jephthah's vow is that he did not expect some type of animal or household pet to burst forth from the house upon his return. This makes sense for a couple of reasons. First, in 11:31, the verb "to meet", in the bible, is always used for people, never for a person encountering an animal. Second, in the ancient world, when men returned from battle, women would customarily come forth in procession in order to participate in celebratory dancing. Given the cultural context in which these events transpired, Jephthah likely assumed that a woman would come out from the house to meet him, perhaps a servant girl or, even better, his mother-in-law, but certainly not an animal.

MuttleyLaff:
If you really and truly read the four pages objectively, you would have noticed that I am not being opinionated but I am having an unbiased conversation dealing with truth and facts I can back the truth up with
Your "truth and facts" have been weak thus far. If not, I wouldn't even be having this conversation.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by CreepyBlackpool: 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
When you are done having a hard on, will you then please give me the names of those people that committed those acts in the Christian Crusades that God authorised. You have mentioned Joshua and Jericho and we both agree that God commanded him to do those killings, so please give an do same here

In 1095, Pope Urban II called for the
First Crusade in a sermon at the
Council of Clermont. He encouraged military support for the Byzantine Empire and its Emperor, Alexios I , who needed reinforcements for his conflict with westward migrating Turks colonizing Anatolia

Peter the Hermit led thousands of mostly poor Christians out of Europe in what became known as the
People's Crusade. He claimed he had a letter from heaven instructing Christians to prepare for the imminent
apocalypse by seizing Jerusalem.

Germany witnessed the first incidents of major violent European antisemitism when these Crusaders massacred Jewish communities in what became known as the Rhineland massacres .

Should I continue grin

I will keep serving you as e dey hot grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
JujuSugar:
Yes
Classic! I love this.

JujuSugar:
Cool
Coolio

JujuSugar:
Cry me a river. I gave you those verses to debunk your claim that Jephthah wasn't thinking of a human being when he made the vow. Now, you want to dance around the fact. Do keep dancing
He was in the first part of the vow thinking of whatever comes to meet him, human being or otherwise, and then clarified his intention in the second part of the vow what he will do, if what comes out happens to be an animal

JujuSugar:

I've addressed this statement already
That's what you made yourself to believe that you've addressed it

JujuSugar:

The pronoun isn't really the issue.
It is the issue. The pronoun is a game changer. The pronoun is truth standing and on steroids.

JujuSugar:
One thing to understand concerning Jephthah's vow is that he did not expect some type of animal or household pet to burst forth from the house upon his return. This makes sense for a couple of reasons. First, in 11:31, the verb "to meet", in the bible, is always used for people, never for a person encountering an animal. Second, in the ancient world, when men returned from battle, women would customarily come forth in procession in order to participate in celebratory dancing. Given the cultural context in which these events transpired, Jephthah likely assumed that a woman would come out from the house to meet him, perhaps a servant girl or, even better, his mother-in-law, but certainly not an animal
I literally laughed out loud at this comment. Would you kindly please tell all and remind others, what is the pronoun used in Judges 11:31b Madam JujuSugar?

JujuSugar:
Your "truth and facts" have been weak thus far. If not, I wouldn't even be having this conversation.
That's because you are in denial
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by MuttleyLaff: 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
In 1095, Pope Urban II called for the
First Crusade in a sermon at the
Council of Clermont. He encouraged military support for the Byzantine Empire and its Emperor, Alexios I , who needed reinforcements for his conflict with westward migrating Turks colonizing Anatolia

Peter the Hermit led thousands of mostly poor Christians out of Europe in what became known as the
People's Crusade. He claimed he had a letter from heaven instructing Christians to prepare for the imminent
apocalypse by seizing Jerusalem.

Germany witnessed the first incidents of major violent European antisemitism when these Crusaders massacred Jewish communities in what became known as the Rhineland massacres .

Should I continue grin

I will keep serving you as e dey hot grin
Without their names specifically being mentioned in the Bible, anyone that claims, those that believe in their claims and people like you regurgitating this rubbish, getting hard ons from it, should all together be put in a loony house and the key thrown away
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2019
JujuSugar:

I prefer Jephthah's story to Abraham's as an example because God doesn't intervene and the child is sacrificed.

Yeah but you still get attempts to wash the story. Even on here you see MuttleyLaff challenging the narrative that Jephthah actually roasted his daughter.
Re: Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child by Dantedasz(m): 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2019
LordReed:

Yeah but you still get attempts to wash the story. Even on here you see MuttleyLaff challenging the narrative that Jephthah actually roasted his daughter.

NOT CHALLENGING,rather STANDING LOGIC ON IT'S HEAD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will You Be Ready When The Lord Shall Come? - Olamide Obire / Death Is Not The Worst / To Be Executed 22 Chriatian Missioneries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.