Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development (9140 Views)

Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court / Eleka Kneels Down As Fayose Prays For His Victory (Video) / Olusola Eleka Frying Akara By The Roadside (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Chikiletta: 7:31am On Jan 30, 2019

PRESS RELEASE

FAYEMI DEDICATES VICTORY TO EKITI PEOPLE

.....Urges PDP candidate to join in efforts to take Ekiti to next level of development

Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has declared that Monday's judgement of the Ekiti State Election Tribunal affirming his election as the validly elected Governor of the State is a re- affirmation of the wishes of the vast majority of Ekiti people.

Governor Fayemi who hailed the judgement as another proof that the wishes of the people will always prevail, said he is forever grateful to Ekiti people for electing him as governor for a second term and by standing by his government.

" It is a victory for all Ekiti people. This is democracy at work. This is a reflection of the wishes of our people and i dedicate the victory to our people" said Fayemi in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary. Mr Yinka Oyebode.

The Governor also urged his main challenger, the PDP candidate, Prof Olusola Eleka, to join hands with him and the rest of Ekitis in taking the State to the next level of development and prosperity.

"It is a great day for democracy. And the judiciary has proven again that it is the last hope of the common man.

"We shall now continue with the task of rebuilding our state and restoring the core values of our people without any iota of distraction" he said.

Dr Fayemi also urged his supporters to be magnanimous in victory and celebrate in moderation, saying that he remains the Governor of all Ekitis regardless of party affiliation.

"It is a victory for all of us and together we shall restore the state's lost glory.

" Our desire is to bring back peace, progress and prosperity to Ekiti State. The journey has just begun.

" I call on the PDP candidate, Prof Olusola Kolapo, who is an illustrious son of the state, to join us in the efforts to take the State to the next level of development and prosperity" , the statement added.

signed
Yinka Oyebode
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3ejwUpWNc

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by helinues: 7:33am On Jan 30, 2019
Best way to go. Development of Ekiti should be their primary objectives.

Nice one Fayemi

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by mknigeriagreat: 7:37am On Jan 30, 2019
That is how good governance works. Bring in people that can deliver irrespective of their political stand. I am a die hard fan of Buhari but two people from the former government of Jonathan I wanted him to bring in. Okonjo Iweala and Adesina former minister of Agric. Those two people would have performed excellently well under this administration. But we let our political differences take a ride on us. If Eleka has good things to offer, let him join. But just be careful with him so that he doesn't become another Saraki in your party and work as a mole. I just hope his brother Fayose will not have more sivia pains. grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Bloooody(m): 7:40am On Jan 30, 2019
SAI BABA
We can see your workings baba
We Nigerians love you.
Wailers will continue to wail..
We don't want Atiku, We want you.
Buhari has made Nigeria better than any president
May your children rule our children!
IJN

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by freemanbubble: 7:40am On Jan 30, 2019
Isoright
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by siraj1402(m): 7:41am On Jan 30, 2019
Even Fayose will soon join you.
I pray your enemies will have no choice over you than celebrate with you over your victory.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Authoreety: 7:41am On Jan 30, 2019
OK na
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 30, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by PointZerom: 7:41am On Jan 30, 2019
Buhari is a disaster.
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Naijawebmaster: 7:42am On Jan 30, 2019
Okay
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:43am On Jan 30, 2019
The earlier he realised this , the better for him, he should stop playing that fayose hatred of political opponent type of policy, people should work together if they are really interested in development and moving forward of this nation but most of them are interested in self interest and enriching their pocket. ..

The moment electricity stable 24/7, the nation development will increase by 50% in the next few years, this is what sent bata,Dunlop and about 15 companies I know in Lagos packing many years ago, what are those that we didn't know

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by ClearFlair: 7:43am On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku is a criminal

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by FunctionX(m): 7:44am On Jan 30, 2019
It will be nice if our politicians will learn to fulfill their promises to the masses.

check my signature for affordable online learning
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Felixalex(m): 7:44am On Jan 30, 2019
It's like this Fayemi is one of the very few sensible, mature politicians in that APC. He speaks as an educated and learned man that he is.

Someone like Oshiomhole would have said

We won at the polling units, we also won at the courts now the opposition can go and die! grin

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by santopelele(m): 7:44am On Jan 30, 2019
lol, eleka pls come and help this man, he is confuse, he dont knw what to do.
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Sholaco: 7:45am On Jan 30, 2019
Yes o my governor

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by ybalogs(m): 7:45am On Jan 30, 2019
That's the way to go. Call the oppositions and share ideas. Adopt the ones you find laudable and move on. It's a Win-Win situation. But we're in Nigeria, anything to make the government in power looks bad trends . I pray and hope we learn fast.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by ybalogs(m): 7:46am On Jan 30, 2019
Let's do away with politics of bitterness for the good of our nation/state. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Sholaco: 7:46am On Jan 30, 2019
ClearFlair:
Atiku is a criminal
Hahahaha this topic did not v anything to do with Atiku grin

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by AllenSpencer: 7:47am On Jan 30, 2019
Does Eleka have an option! His best bet is to align with the ruling force and probably decamp to APC.

The hate Fayose has accumulated union himself in Ekiti will be transferred to him if he doesn't jump out of his alliance with Fayose.

If he really wants to succeed in Ekiti bstate politics, he needs to cast out the doom called Fayose. You only need the support of the likes of Fayose, FFK and Reno to lose an election. Once you get their support, your doom is near and guaranteed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by brainworkng: 7:48am On Jan 30, 2019
So Dr fayemi you call this an example of democracy after APC and PDP glaringly bought PVC at different prices from electorates, then sir ur brain is paining you. angry
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Otakom87(m): 7:49am On Jan 30, 2019
Ride on fayemi the good people of ekiti gat ur back. If only fayose had allowed Eleka to sell his ideas to the electorate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Hollyharjii: 7:51am On Jan 30, 2019
Nice to hear that from my Governor, I love HE Kayode Fayemi

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by ellalina(f): 7:52am On Jan 30, 2019
There is no next level for a state that produces nothing and generates nothing. Only waiting for allocations to pay salary.
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:53am On Jan 30, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
That is how good governance works. Bring in people that can deliver irrespective of their political stand. I am a die hard fan of Buhari but two people from the former government of Jonathan I wanted him to bring in. Okonjo Iweala and Adesina former minister of Agric. Those two people would have performed excellently well under this administration. But we let our political differences take a ride on us. If Eleka has good things to offer, let him join. But just be careful with him so that he doesn't become another Saraki in your party and work as a mole. I just hope his brother Fayose will not have more sivia pains. grin grin grin grin grin grin

But apc said okonjo stole, all Jonathan people stole, no need bringing anyone.
Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:59am On Jan 30, 2019
What a wonderful governor.

A good man with a good heart.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by Papitrend(m): 7:59am On Jan 30, 2019
Bloooody:
SAI BABA
We can see your workings baba
We Nigerians love you.
Wailers will continue to wail..
We don't want Atiku, We want you.
Buhari has made Nigeria better than any president
May your children rule our children!
IJN
Omg,I never knew people got this lost,so you don't dream of a better life and füture for your kids,smh

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:01am On Jan 30, 2019
I had to rack my brain to remember Eleka.

Fayose seemed the PDP candidate. undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad: A Lot Has Changed Positively In Borno Under Buhari / Lagos State Insists On Special Revenue Allocation / Bode George: Leaving Presidency Ticket Open In PDP Unfair, Recipe For Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.