Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,495 members, 7,850,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole (20286 Views)

2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North / Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo / Kabiru Tanimu Turaki Visits Obasanjo For Consultation Over 2018 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 31, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
Bakassi is a cameroon Land in the first place and Obasanjo obeyed World Court Orders, Igbo invaded the Land and Claimed they owned it the same thing they are doing in Lagos ....... and i just don't get Igbo problem those people are also fighting to secede from Cameroon and create Ambazonia
guy ur dundiezim no get part 2.....you mumu die ....how you take get phone sef

7 Likes

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2019
RTSC:

obasanjo was a fool for obeying the ICJ.

But apc can do better. There is currently instability in Cameroon.

Move the military into those lands and reclaim it.

Don't just talk, act.

Unfortunately that would be a very Bad Idea for Nigeria..... The one that are still in Nigeria are terrorizing Us how about getting more terrorists to join them so that they can terrorize us More undecided

1 Like

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by middlebelter(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2019
dadark:
he shouldnt have accepted it....nigerians would have backed him enmass....

this is what happens when you care about foreighners more than your own people....

You have to undertake to abide by the ruling of the court before hearing commences. The truth is that we had tow option opened to us, go to the court or fight war with Cameron /France. We chose the former and were represented by the the best hands in such practice in Africa.
Unfortunately, we lost Bakassi but won a larger expanse of land in the Northern part

2 Likes

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Adewoyin123(f): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2019
Adewoyin123:
Please dear fellow nairalanders. The company I work with suspends all activities for the past 4 months due to d unavailability of funds by the government to execute contracts given to them. Ccecc.. 95percent of the staffs are sacked and I happen to be a victim. Sincerely I just have to swallow d pride and come out here. Since all means to get a job has been to no avail. Pls if there's anyone who can get me an employment within Lagos here, Pls do so as to enable me get something doing and as well keep up with d financial running of my family. I'm married with a kid and it's looks most difficult to keep d family functioning. 08109483019 is my number ....thanks God bless and have a blessed day ahead
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Lunockgold: 10:34am On Jan 31, 2019
goodnessme1:
Obj did not give out Bakassi to Cameroon,you nigerians did it just to win war against the great Biafrans.my dear u are right,as it stances nw bakassi belongs to the republic of biafra.

When biafra is restored,biafrans will do everything possible to bring them back.
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by AnalQueenluci: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Nigeria took it back Militarily, But Cameroon took Nigeria to World Court and Obasonjo obeyed Court order.............. And why is those Igbo in Cameroon fighting for secession too?
omg u ar damn wicked .

Yorubas hei cry Any igbo in friendship wt yorubas wl surely pay, Ambazonians wl get u n lynch u
We only knw igbos ar d only gud pple in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by RTSC: 10:36am On Jan 31, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Unfortunately that would be a very Bad Idea for Nigeria..... The one that are still in Nigeria are terrorizing Us how about getting more terrorists to join them so that they can terrorize us More undecided
How are you going to get more terrorists? The people there are farmers who were previously in Nigeria only to be forcefully taken to Cameroon under dictatorship.

The only issue is that camerroon and France will not longer support us in our fight against Boko Haram, which should not be a problem if we get our acts together.

Sovereignty is supreme. Anything else is secondary.
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:36am On Jan 31, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
guy ur dundiezim no get part 2.....you mumu die ....how you take get phone sef

All I Know is Obasonjo Obeyed Court Order and it is in Nigeria Best interest. Those people are terrorizing Cameroon Now to create Ambazonia imagine if they were part of Nigeria, It would be Nigeria they will be terrorizing
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by husbandsnatcha(f): 10:37am On Jan 31, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

What is really wrong with your Tribe? Must you always find Problem in Africa undecided
do u knw me ?
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by RTSC: 10:39am On Jan 31, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

All I Know is Obasonjo Obeyed Court Order and it is in Nigeria Best interest. Those people are terrorizing Cameroon Now to create Ambazonia imagine if they were part of Nigeria, It would be Nigeria they will be terrorizing
Bakassi was not part of ambazzonia.
They were part of Nigeria as recent as 2002.

Why is ambazonia not asking for calabar or uyo.?
After all, they are the same people.
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Lunockgold: 10:39am On Jan 31, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
Bakassi is a cameroon Land in the first place and Obasanjo obeyed World Court Orders, Igbo invaded the Land and Claimed they owned it the same thing they are doing in Lagos ....... and i just don't get Igbo problem those people are also fighting to secede from Cameroon and create Ambazonia
u well so,wot u need nw is lumaten hydro, madam
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2019
RTSC:

How are you going to get more terrorists? The people there are farmers who were previously in Nigeria only to be forcefully taken to Cameroon under dictatorship.

The only issue is that camerroon and France will not longer support us in our fight against Boko Haram, which should not be a problem if we get our acts together.

Sovereignty is supreme. Anything else is secondary.

If Nigeria get them back in Nigeria, It will only fuel Igbo passion to terrorize Nigeria when we have not fully deal with Bokoharam .... Imagine dealing with 2 terrorist at the same time
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by MAYOWAAK: 10:42am On Jan 31, 2019
[1] Over the last few weeks, I have been hearing a lot of noise about Bakassi and how Nigeria should appeal the judgment of the International Court of Justice which granted the territory to Cameroon in 2002
[2] I think it is time we told ourselves the bitter truth. Bakassi has always been part of Cameroon. The only time Nigeria had any claims to it was the period between 1914 and 1961 when Western Cameroon was part of Nigeria
[3] In 1884, the German Army captured Bakassi and signed a treaty with its traditional ruler, making it part of German Cameroon
[4] When World War One broke out, the allies decided to seize Cameroon. British troops captured Western Cameroon via Nigeria, while French troops took over Eastern Cameroon, entering through Congo Brazaville. Bakassi was part of Western Cameroon and administered as part of Nigeria
[5] At independence, however, the people of Western Cameroon were given the option of either joining up with the rest of the country in forming one united Cameroon or staying part of Nigeria with their Anglophone brethren.
[6] In 1959, the people of north western Cameroon voted overwhelmingly to remain part of Nigeria. Mubi is one of the towns that was part of the territory. Had they voted differently, Buba Marwa would not be a Nigerian today.
[7] In Southern Cameroons, the plebiscite could not hold in 1959 for security reasons but when it did hold, they “Decided to achieve independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon” (General Assembly resolution 1608 (XV) of April 21, 1961)
[8] There were 21 polling stations on the Bakassi peninsula itself and 73 per cent of the people living there voted to “Achieve independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon”
[9] In 1962, the government of Tafawa Balewa exchanged diplomatic notes with Cameroun acknowledging the fact that Bakassi was not Nigerian territory.
[9] In January 1966, Major General Ironsi came to power in Nigeria. He committed his government to respecting all prior international agreements made by the Balewa government.
[10] In July 1966, Lt Col Gowon came to power in Nigeria. He too committed his government to respect all prior international agreements made by the Ironsi and Balewa governments.
[11] On July 29, 1975 General Gowon was overthrown by General Murtala Muhammed and one of the first acts of that regime was to begin to question all the domestic and foreign policy decisions made by General Gowon, including the offshore maritime border with Cameroun. In the rush to smear Gowon publicly, he was held accountable for “giving away Bakassi”
[12] I challenge anyone to show me one map anywhere in the world, which shows Bakassi being on the western side of the border
[13] Only Chinua Achebe has had the guts to say it by South Western Cameroon refused to join Nigeria because they were afraid of Igbo domination. Igbo traders dominated all their markets and retail activities and they thus decided to remain part of Cameroon
[14] All those calling for “The people of Bakassi” to determine their own fate today, know damn well that the overwhelming majority these so-called indigenes are Igbo traders whi have migrated to the area over time
[15] It is time for Nigeria to leave the matter be. Relocate the Nigerians from Bakassi in a new purpose-built town and give Cameroon the peninsular back. We can then negotiate access to the peninsular for maritime purposes and fishing rights. Can I also add that Bakassi is not “oil-rich.” All that exists there are shrimps. Neither Shell, Total, Eni, Agip or Mobil has any oil rigs on the peninsular

3 Likes

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:42am On Jan 31, 2019
RTSC:

Bakassi was not part of ambazzonia.
They were part of Nigeria as recent as 2002.

Why is ambazonia not asking for calabar or uyo.?
After all, they are the same people.

Bakassi is part of Cameroon, And they are fighting to Create Ambazonia just like their Igbo brothers in Nigeria is fighting for Biafra
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by kolaish(m): 10:42am On Jan 31, 2019
Agbgift:
This man should go study history well before speaking.
Thank you. THE LAND IN QUESTION (BAKASSI) NEVER BELONGED TO NIGERIA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Oshiomole looks confused.

4 Likes

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by MajesticIgbo(m): 10:43am On Jan 31, 2019
nelszx:
Yakubu Gowon ceded Bakassi to Cameroun not Obsanjo. Cameroun clearly won the ceding case in an international court and OBJ clearly followed court orders by handing the region to Cameroun.
Oshiomole should know this but hey this is Nigeria where we play blame game for cheap partisan points.

I wonder why simple facts elude those stark illiterate APC supporters.
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by LZAA: 10:43am On Jan 31, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

4 Likes

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by naijapikin04(m): 10:44am On Jan 31, 2019
Nigerians react to Atiku/Obi performance on “The Candidates”

https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/01/31/nigerians-react-atiku-obi-performance-the-candidates/

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:46am On Jan 31, 2019
AnalQueenluci:
omg u ar damn wicked .

Yorubas hei cry Any igbo in friendship wt yorubas wl surely pay, Ambazonians wl get u n lynch u
We only knw igbos ar d only gud pple in nigeria
Yoruba are not Wicked, but the question is must it always be You? Fighting here and there, Claiming this and that, Beating Chest and Making Noise .... Must it Always be you? Your Igbo Brothers are fighting for secession, same things you are doing in Cameroon ..... Are you the only Tribe in Africa? that it must always be You ..... Yoruba just get tired of all the Noise
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 31, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Ada Wodu, Calabar

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, has said history will punish former President Olusegun Obasanjo for ceding Bakassi to Cameroon.

He said this while addressing party supporters during the APC’s presidential campaign rally in Calabar on Wednesday. President Muhammadu Buhari was on the occasion.

Oshiomhole said the people of Cross River State should “never forget Obasanjo because he handed over Nigeria to Cameroon because he wanted to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
Nigeria can never forgive him. History will punish him if we are too weak to punish him.

“He separated fathers from mothers, brothers from sisters. The Nobel Peace Prize is not given to traitors.”

Buhari said, “Those within and outside the country who have honestly assessed our administration can attest to the fact that our administration has done well. We have also improved security in the North-East and the anti-corruption fight is ongoing.

“Our economy has been improving since 2018. The government has helped farmers with soft loans. We are working hard to make the country better.”

The President presented the party’s flag to the APC governorship candidate in the state Senator John Owan-Enoh.

Owan-Enoh said, “Buhari will win. The revolution that started in 2015 will berth in Cross River in 2019. The hunger for change is very palpable in Cross River. Cross Riverians expect that change.”

The acting chairman of the party in the state John Ochala called on Buhari to caution the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs Usani Usani, claiming he was causing distraction for the party in the state.

He also said there was poor governance in the state, with the collapse of the local government system, relocation of investors from the state, phantom projects, plundering of forest resources in the guise of constructing super highway

He added, “Our people are clamouring for change, which the APC governorship candidate Senator John Owan-Enoh and his running mate, Ekpo Okon will provide.”

https://punchng.com/history-will-punish-obasanjo-for-ceding-bakassi-to-cameroon-oshiomhole/

This man is sick and foolish.

1 Like

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:53am On Jan 31, 2019
AnalQueenluci:
y do yorubas dwell in a lowlife side , attacking biafra n ambazonia 2 pple fighting 4 freedom .

i dnt just like u pple

knw it dat i av ambazonia blood,so say wat u knw

Biafra and Ambazonia are the same thing, Are you the only tribe in Africa? why must you terrorize any Country you are in ? are you the only tribe suffering in Africa? ..... if the Government of a Country don't worship you like you are the most high.... you will never give them peace
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by GenSpecifics: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2019
[s]
Olawalesmarter:

That doesn't change the fact that your people in Cameroon are fighting for secession too to Create Ambazonia the Land of the rising Bloodsuckers cheesy
[/s]

Continue your obsession on Igbos while Tinubu seals your slave deed to Sokoto

3 Likes

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Jason007: 10:56am On Jan 31, 2019
Correct me if am wrong, is it the oil, that has vexed him because even the far north , we haven't put the lands to good use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by omoalayo(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2019
teejaykkr:
Y

I want to buy this Ur space ....
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by DeepNuggets: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2019
Scream:
What stops their government for reversing it? Monkey!

And start a full blown war again? No he's not responsible for cleaning up obj's mess.
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by DeepNuggets: 11:02am On Jan 31, 2019
Esseite:
So how does Obasanjo relate to Buhari's Cross river presidential campaign?.

You should be telling them how you removed Onnoghen from Cross-river without due process.

To hell with due process...good riddance to bad rubbish. Due process would have seen him head the council that was to deliberate his fate and there's absolutely no sense in that.
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by LINTUNE(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2019
id911:

Hahahaha... OshiomohOLE is confused and speaks with both sides of the mouth.

No wonder his imported wife escaped with a huge amount of his money to America
for real, I didn't know shocked
Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by AnalQueenluci: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Yoruba are not Wicked, but the question is must it always be You? Fighting here and there, Claiming this and that, Beating Chest and Making Noise .... Must it Always be you? Your Igbo Brothers are fighting for secession, same things you are doing in Cameroon ..... Are you the only Tribe in Africa? that it must always be You ..... Yoruba just get tired of all the Noise
lagos man u dnt travel

U sit in ur smelling lagoon n talk trash after worshipping yellow teeth tinubu h
Who told u Ambazonia is igbo pple ? U yorubas love injustice remember dis world wl stil reach 3000yrs .

Have u seen injustice meted on ambazonia?
If u av nt seen have u asked or browse d injustice on dem by francophone majority? NO

Y i hate u pple wt my lastblood is dat u ar always d supporter of d oppressed .
Shiite muslim u ar against

Biafra u ar against

Kaduna christians u ar against, n karma is watching u supporting impunity

Nigerdelta u ar against ,all dis pple u taunt everyday ar preparing 4 u ..my advise 2 u pple is neva birth because all dis pple wl torture ur generations ,

Ambazonians in buea n bamenda ar talking about ur yoruba wickedness igbos ,nigerdeltans ,jukun n tiv ar helping out except yorubas who worship biya n buhari ambazonians oppressor

.remember dey ar winning d struggle already helped by honourable igbos wt dia scientific weapons.

Ambazonia wl be great n wl remember tribe of honour frm nigeria ,gabon n eq.guinea

1 Like

Re: History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2019
DeepNuggets:

To hell with due process...good riddance to bad rubbish. Due process would have seen him head the council that was to deliberate his fate and there's absolutely no sense in that.

In essence, to hell with the constitution..?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Amosun Informs Senate Of His Intention To Declare For President May 5 / 2023: Buhari’s Ambush Strategy As 40 Presidential Aspirants Remains In APC, PDP / Police Declares Senator Misau Wanted, Says He Is Still In Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.