Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (48460 Views)

Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough / Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Simbrixton(m): 1:37am On Feb 05, 2019
Poverty alleviation scheme
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by agabaI23(m): 1:39am On Feb 05, 2019
Akwa Ibom own worse pass this naa

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by cococandy(f): 1:51am On Feb 05, 2019
Men selling their children.
Boys complaining but When they become men, they turn around and do the same.
They fight anyone who calls for the cessation of bride price but can’t seem to stop complaining about it.

It seems the problem is with the men

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by topboss: 1:56am On Feb 05, 2019
cococandy:
Men selling their children.
Boys complaining but When they become men, they turn around and do the same.
They fight anyone who calls for the cessation of bride price but can’t seem to stop complaining about it.

It seems the problem is with the men

igbo men are not complaining.

yoruba men are the once disturbing us.

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Preshy561(f): 2:06am On Feb 05, 2019
This is tradition, and if you don't have money to marry from Igbo land, please move, nobody is begging you for anything.
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by clemmonce(m): 2:19am On Feb 05, 2019
RTSC:
What nonsense?

Nobody begged you to come marry.

In India, women pay dowry while In some parts of Nigeria, a man must show the strength of his arm financially before he can marry a woman.
Different strokes for different folks.

It used to be barns of yams in the olden days as depicted in Chinua Achebe "things fall apart" and has now modernized to other material things.

What ever works. As long as failed men are weeded out.

If in your place, they give out women two for five naira, all well and good.
Your sense of good is not universal.
I love the way you write. It shows intelligence
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Coolbueze: 2:25am On Feb 05, 2019
This is not imo.
That crate of coca-cola
Is not the design of their crate in Owerri region.
Besides I saw the original post, it happened in benin or thereabout
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by lordswill03: 2:35am On Feb 05, 2019
My maim concern is why the girls are posing with the items?
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by bjjose: 2:41am On Feb 05, 2019
Igbo Amaka
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by abrashmick(m): 2:46am On Feb 05, 2019
Ishilove:
Online aproko outlets claim this happened in Enugu, others swear it is Imo.cheesy

Regardless of where this happened, the lines between tradition and downright extortion is blurred in many cases.

Let me do a quick inventory-

A big nanny goat
2 trays of Nittol detergent
A basin of coconut
Three suitcases of Hollandis wrappers and assorted wax prints
One bag of rice
Two crates of drinks
One crate of beer

Is that a salon size pack of Profectiv Mega Growth relaxer i see there...??

Yep it is. I wonder when hair relaxer became a part of omenala. (tradition)

Emm, I sight giant can of peak milk
Something that looks like custard
A basin of big sized Canoe bar soap

I can't keep up. My eyes are aching and I'm tired of squinting. embarassed

So what happens to the struggling man who can't afford these cutthroat lists?

nice
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by zicoraads: 2:59am On Feb 05, 2019
Earthbound:

It's not an Igbo thing. Most guys would do the same if they have the financial capacity. Wouldn't you love your man to prove he'd do anything just for you?
And proving that is by doubling or tripling the bride price list? grin angry
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 3:17am On Feb 05, 2019
Omoluabi16:
They would say it is because they are classy &one of a kind that's why they command this expensive dowry.

That is why we value women.
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by mozona(m): 3:18am On Feb 05, 2019
no be small thing ooh
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Yankee101: 3:33am On Feb 05, 2019
Marry a Hausa babe and they'll furnish your empty house and give you food for one year. All from the lady's family. And that is the not so rich ones.
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by mhaztapraisesnr(m): 3:35am On Feb 05, 2019
This is funny.. ��

No more employment.. ��

It is now Bride price that is feeding families now.. ���

Nigeria We Hail Thee.. ��

Nice one.. ☝️�
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Spatta: 3:36am On Feb 05, 2019
If the Lady is a Virgin, I will not mind to pay all that, But if she is not and had been fingered and dis- virgined any man that gives all these is stupid, Today's girls are worth less
It is even worse that 2 weeks into the marriage her eyes are rolling over another man
People who still collects such over modern girls are so unawares what they do before meeting a man who will regret marrying a used car

4 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Mohyin: 3:39am On Feb 05, 2019
British American Tobacco Plc (BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the largest publicly traded tobacco company in the world.

British American Tobacco (BAT) has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are its native brand Dunhill and US brands Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, others the company markets include Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.

British American Tobacco (BAT) is calling for applications for the below position:

Title: Global Graduate - Finance
Appointment Type: Permanent

Job Descriptions

-British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for Global Graduates to join our Finance team in Nigeria.
-This is a real job from day one. One in a tough and fast-paced environment that will stretch you to the limits - you’ll progress from graduate to manager in 12 months!

Click Here to View More Details

Essential Requirements

-Are you a recent university graduate within the last 3 years, with a high-performance academic track record - minimum of Second Class Upper division or equivalent?
-Have you completed your National Youth Service (NYSC)?
-Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English?

Click Here to View More Details

Application Closing Date: Not Specified

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Afritop(m): 3:45am On Feb 05, 2019
At the end of the day you find out the girl is not a virgin and the pussy is ass wide and free as ilesha, ile-fe expressway.

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by baby124: 3:51am On Feb 05, 2019
Did I see washing soap, bleaching cream and relaxer? Na wa oooo.
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Wrooks(m): 4:03am On Feb 05, 2019
This is unnecessary. Moderation in all is key. These traditional institutions has to be reviewed. It's also tiring families apart. After marriage alot roles will still be expected from the son in law.
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by SoNature(m): 4:10am On Feb 05, 2019
sinaj:
Nsobu dikwa sad

That's why many Igbo ladies will never get married
They will become nna ga alu
SMH
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Junkiesailor: 4:10am On Feb 05, 2019
very cheap local bride price, all the items are not even upto price of iphone7. grin grin
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by joshuaidibia(m): 4:12am On Feb 05, 2019
Omoluabi16:
They would say it is because they are classy &one of a kind that's why they command this expensive dowry.
Especially when she is First daughter (Ada) and a graduate. angry angry
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by NdiaraIGBO: 4:23am On Feb 05, 2019
joshuaidibia:
Especially when she is First daughter (Ada) and a graduate. angry angry
Spatta:
If the Lady is a Virgin, I will not mind to pay all that, But if she is not and had been fingered and dis- virgined any man that gives all these is stupid, Today's girls are worth less
It is even worse that 2 weeks into the marriage her eyes are rolling over another man
People who still collects such over modern girls are so unawares what they do before meeting a man who will regret marrying a used car

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by jakandeola(m): 4:29am On Feb 05, 2019
topboss:

Igbo people will never change that culture.

Y? we have Yoruba, bini, ijaw, hausa billionaires that are very happy to marry our girls should Igbo men leave their girls behind. grin grin grin grin

Igbo girls na hot-cake

Besides Igbo men like myself love this culture.

We use it to display affluence and wealth that earn us respect from our inlaws.

We are talking about Igbo men that go to party and throw money just for show here.

If Igbo men dont like this culture we would have ended it, but the truth is, we love it.
money from south Africa and malasia abi

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by jakandeola(m): 4:31am On Feb 05, 2019
Preshy561:
This is tradition, and if you don't have money to marry from Igbo land, please move, nobody is begging you for anything.
will u shut up dont let me get mad at u
Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by janettee(f): 4:37am On Feb 05, 2019
This is the most pointless part of the so-called culture. Like why do this much to get married to your partner??.

"It's tradition". Culture does not make people, I'm sure someone woke up one day and made it into law. It could be scrapped that same way too. People make culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 05, 2019
In some countries, the price of some goods and services are high, not because they want to extort money from people, but because they want to reduce the amount of people buying the goods.Now think about marring a woman as buying a goods, if you dont have money, you leave the girl, its not a must to marry, if its a must for you then you work hard and make money for your self, its also a way of encouraging men to work hard.

Secondly, I believe the most part of the bride price of a woman is a traditional requirement by the community and not a family issue. So if you know the value of the woman you are getting married to, that shouldn't bother you.

#ONLY lazypeople will complain about this..oga stay single or get to work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'I Have Been Sleeping With Your Brother' – Wife Tells Husband / Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.