Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (31129 Views)

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Will Still Favour Me – Adeleke / Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor / Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
Flips:

This news is fake. Remove from front page. Can't be found anywhere in channels TV and any other reputable news website.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44

So channels TV is now the mouthpiece of anything news in Nigeria. Keep reeling in your Lagoon propaganda news stations. Down here in PH is jubilation for PDP. One down!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by walex2(m): 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2019
Tetehjewels:
All those at the top who commented first have no clue what the judgement means but are assuming it means APC is disqualified

Make I stay here dey laugh small
that is one of the reason I don't argue with many people on this faceless forum most of them are so primitive,uncouth and illiterate common English they can't comprehend And they will jump to type rubbish.the summary of the judgement is that..the court Of appeal decision to grant stay Of execution of federal high court judgement has been upheld by the supreme court meaning that APC will now present all candidates for the 2019 general election and the acceptable list is the one coming from the APC National working committee led by Adams Oshiomole

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by frankmoney(m): 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2019
Tetehjewels:
All those at the top who commented first have no clue what the judgement means but are assuming it means APC is disqualified

bro what does it mean ? Can you explain

4 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by erico2k2(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
Gforce2019:
Wike the wicked man has done it again....

Your days are numbered
SO wike cause the infight in APC? was wike the one who told them to fight themselves?

4 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by erico2k2(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
frankmoney:
bro what does it mean ? Can you explain
ahah me too dey wait for his xplanation grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by SlyCharlie(m): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2019
contigiency:
No short cut to government house for wike and co.
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by kcmichael: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2019
This news is fake,channels TV has deleted it from its website
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by ogatboy(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2019
olujastro:
The judiciary is part of democracy no doubt, but it makes absolutely no sense if the right to be voted for by the people is usurped by the judiciary.

The best the judiciary should be able to do is determine the rightful candidate of a party. Excluding any party from elections is totally anti democratic.

And when the party cannot present à particular candidate don't you think they should put their own house in order first

2 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Ganamustgo(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2019
Peaceontome247:
PDP CREATED POVERTY.....

This analysis below is important to common man.... who are majority Voters in this 2019 elections.....

1. They said when Buhari took over from them a bag of rice was N11,500 but they took over when it was N2,500

2. They said when Buhari took over from them ltr of petrol was N87 but they took over when it was N11.

3. They said when Buhari took over from them $1 was N235 but they took over when it was N20.

4. They said when Buhari took over from them a bag of cement was N2,000 but they took over when it was N400.

ANALYSIS BETWEEN APC and PDP GOVERNMENT OF I6YEARS AND 31/2YEARS

ON MAJOR COMMODITIES

Rice
APC-N15,000-N11,500 =N4,500
PDP-N11,500-N2,500 =N9,000

PETROL
APC N145-N87 =N58
PDP N87-N11 =N76

U.S $
APC N360-N235 =N125
PDP N235-N20 =N215

CEMENT
APC-N2,500-N2,000 =N500
PDP-N2,000-N400 =N1,600

Who then created poverty and hunger in the land

Spread it all to everyone out there on the street..

OUR Media Research Team

Story for the gods.

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by mushystuff: 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2019
walex2:
that is one of the reason I don't argue with many people on this faceless forum most of them are so primitive,uncouth and illiterate common English they can't comprehend And they will jump to type rubbish.the summary of the judgement is that..the court Of appeal decision to grant stay Of execution of federal high court judgement has been upheld by the supreme court meaning that APC will now present all candidates for the 2019 general election and the acceptable list is the one coming from the APC National working committee led by Adams Oshiomole

The Supreme Court has upheld the Court of Appeal judgment upholding the judgment of Justice Chinwendu Nwogu of the High Court of Rivers State which stayed all primaries conducted by the All Progressives Congress in the state.
I hope you can understand the terminologies used here otherwise seek advise and don't just spout ignorance here...

https://www.independent.ng/just-in-apc-cant-field-candidates-in-rivers-elections-supreme-court-rules/amp/
https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/settled-supreme-court-shuts-out-rivers-apc-from-2019-elections/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by olujastro: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2019
ogatboy:

And when the party cannot present à particular candidate don't you think they should put their own house in order first
The two factions of the APC presented candidates.
However, the court is saying that the premises on which the candidates emerged were flawed based on previous court order and non-compliance for Tonye Cole and Magnus Abe respectively.

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Uwaiwe: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
erico2k2:

ahah me too dey wait for his xplanation grin grin grin
The judgement is explained below.
https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/settled-supreme-court-shuts-out-rivers-apc-from-2019-elections/

3 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by goaldynboy: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2019
Cherrybae:
[s]Wike said APC does not exists in Rivers state why not face them in the poll

This will result to crisis in the state and innocent people will die

I don't see election holding in Rivers state
Those supporting this should be ready to bear the consequences

May God protect the good people of Rivers state[/s]

Rubbish and silly ranting from a violent APC agent!!

When your party was disrespecting and ignoring court order, your small brain did not tell you that karma will get back to you?!!

Was it court that brought the matter to itself or was it not your party members that were fighting themselves and then brought the matter to court!! THE COURT IS MERELY GIVING CREDENCE TO THE REQUEST OF ONE OF YOUR PARTY MEMBER BY VIRTUE OF HIS WEIGHTY EVIDENCE!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by SlyCharlie(m): 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Ok

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by goaldynboy: 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2019
MrAJQ:
[s]PDP will cry over this.
Rivers state election to be postponed[/s]

Whether they postpone it or not, Wike (PDP) will still remain on the throne, running things!!

By the way, who will postpone it?! Is it INEC that has insisted all the while that APC does not have any candidate in Rivers and Zamfara?!

There are over 50 other political parties still contesting the election! What the hell is APC?!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by SlyCharlie(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
Tetehjewels:

just incase u are still aloof..
imp

3 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by mushystuff: 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by mushystuff: 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
https://www.independent.ng/just-in-apc-cant-field-candidates-in-rivers-elections-supreme-court-rules/amp/
Tetehjewels:

3 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by erico2k2(m): 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2019
Uwaiwe:
The judgement is explained below.
That was my understanding as well

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by nwabobo: 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2019
Angelb4:
j

This guy, english far from you. Get a Queen Premier book quickly

Talking to the man in the mirror?

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by erico2k2(m): 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2019
goaldynboy:

Rubbish and silly ranting from a violent APC agent!!

When your party was disrespecting and ignoring court order, your small brain did not tell you that karma will get back to you?!!

Was it court that brought the matter to itself or was it not your party members that were fighting themselves and then brought the matter to court!! THE COURT IS MERELY GIVING CREDENCE TO THE REQUEST OF ONE OF YOUR PARTY MEMBER BY VIRTUE OF HIS WEIGHTY EVIDENCE!!
End of discussion, but in reality, I think but this is my opinion, someone is being paid to cause havoc in APC of rivers lol, I nor trust my guys them for that area grin grin grin.
A whole Rivers nor go get a candidate from the ruling party and After Lagos nah Rivers grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Ezeakanobi: 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2019
Flips:

This news is fake. Remove from front page. Can't be found anywhere in channels TV and any other reputable news website.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44

Another link
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/rivers-govship-supreme-court-upholds-judgement-nullifying-apc-primaries.html

lalasticlala Mynd44 take it back to front page

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by figment232(m): 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2019
PFRB:
This news looks fake. It cannot be found on Channels TV site as the OP quoted.
Strangely Channelstv deleted the info from thier site.Maybe from orders from above
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by figment232(m): 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
walex2:
My friend you goofed.The supreme upheld nwogus judgement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by kcmichael: 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2019
Fake news
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Udantu: 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by goaldynboy: 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
Tetehjewels:

[s]The remedies of certiorari, habeas corpus, mandamus, prohibition and quo warranto. They are also known as extraordinary remedies used by a superior court to quash an order or decision of a lower court or administration[/s].

You are just mumbling and fumbling with legal terms that you know nothing about! You think every one you see in nairaland is a layman?!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by bkool7(m): 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2019
daddytime:
Good one...

I thought they said Buhari was interfering with the courts and inec.

Way to go and shut the wailers up...

Buhari interferes only when PDP can't have their way.

Otherwise, it's always victory for democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by kcmichael: 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2019
Fake news,channel TV confirms its fake news and hence deleted from its site

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Corrinthians(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
daddytime:
Good one...

I thought they said Buhari was interfering with the courts and inec.

Way to go and shut the wailers up...
Leave the Cameroonian refugees. I guess our democracy isn't under threat this time. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

19 States Where Tinubu May Lose This Presidential Election / Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi Name Their Son" Muhammad" after Their Fathers / Sanwo-olu Takes A Course In Leadership At Harvard As He Sets To Govern Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.