Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (31138 Views)

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Will Still Favour Me – Adeleke / Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor / Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Mariory(m): 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
Fake news!

Not one account states when the Supreme court met to pass this judgement. Who was the Justice thst delivered the judgement?

Fake news!

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Moventist: 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
walex2:
that is one of the reason I don't argue with many people on this faceless forum most of them are so primitive,uncouth and illiterate common English they can't comprehend And they will jump to type rubbish.the summary of the judgement is that..the court Of appeal decision to grant stay Of execution of federal high court judgement has been upheld by the supreme court meaning that APC will now present all candidates for the 2019 general election and the acceptable list is the one coming from the APC National working committee led by Adams Oshiomole
You are the real primitive here and lacks comprehension. Stay of execution emanates from the ruling of Federal high court by Justice Omotosho, declaring that as a result of the stroke out case of APC not having candidates in the Court of appeal, that INEC should not including APC on the Ballots pending the subsisting Judgment pending in the supreme court. The stay of execution therefore is granted to APC pending the supreme court judgment of the substantive case, which Justice Chiwendu Nwogu of Rivers State High Court said that Apc doesn't have candidates and the case was stroke out in the Court of appeal, while the supreme court upheld the same ruling of Justice Chiwendu Nwogu of apc not having candidates having been stroke out in the Court of appeal. Hope you understand it now?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by goaldynboy: 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
erico2k2:

End of discussion, but in reality, I think but this is my opinion, someone is being paid to cause havoc in APC of rivers lol, I nor trust my guys them for that area grin grin grin.
A whole Rivers nor go get a candidate from the ruling party and After Lagos nah Rivers grin grin grin

Within Rivers State, there is no APC candidate! But as per presidential election, Buhari is participating!!
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by figment232(m): 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2019
kcmichael:
Fake news,channel TV confirms its fake news and hence deleted from its site
Remember channels is APC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by kcmichael: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2019
Fake news
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by erico2k2(m): 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2019
goaldynboy:

Within Rivers State, there is no APC candidate! But as per presidential election, Buhari is participating!!
Nah Governorship I dey talk nah, but if APC nor get the governor in that state wetin dem gain? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Arysexy(m): 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2019
figment232:
Strangely Channelstv deleted the info from thier site.Maybe from orders from above

Channels have gone to the dogs. They were scrolling it as Breaking news along with the INEC extension of date for card picking. All of a sudden they stopped scrolling the supreme Court ruling and left only the INEC extension news as Breaking. I believe they got calls from above to stop breaking the news.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by SOFTDRINK: 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
Cherrybae:
Wike said APC does not exists in Rivers state why not face them in the poll

This will result to crisis in the state and innocent people will die

I don't see election holding in Rivers state
Those supporting this should be ready to bear the consequences

May God protect the good people of Rivers state
It will not result to any crisis but you will be the one to die in your brown roof in abeokuta (the biggest IDP camp in west Africa)

5 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Anambralstson: 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
kcmichael:
Fake news
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Cherrybae(f): 1:45pm On Feb 08, 2019
SOFTDRINK:

It will not result to any crisis but you will be the one to die in your brown roof in abeokuta (the biggest IDP camp in west Africa)

I'm Rivers from sameLGA with woke, you are stupid for associating me with brown roof.

May Ojukwu diobu scatter you there

2 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by SOFTDRINK: 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2019
Cherrybae:

I'm Rivers from sameLGA with woke, you are stupid for associating me with brown roof.

Adeyemi, you're in sifia pains

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by figment232(m): 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
Arysexy:

Channels have gone to the dogs. They were scrolling it as Breaking news along with the INEC extension of date for card picking. All of a sudden they stopped scrolling the supreme Court ruling and left only the INEC extension news as Breaking. I believe they got calls from above to stop breaking the news.
My thoughts too

3 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by senatordave1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2019
Buhari will get 30% in rivers.
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Maxymilliano(m): 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2019
Mariory:
Fake news!

Not one account states when the Supreme court met to pass this judgement. Who was the Justice thst delivered the judgement?

Fake news!

This is from Punch ...
The Supreme Court, on Friday, upheld the judgement given by the Federal High Court in Port Harcourt, barring the All Progressives Congress from the general elections in Rivers State.

The Federal High court was presided over by Justice Omotosho.

On Monday, the Appeal court stayed the execution of the lower court judgement, giving hope to the APC candidates in the state.

https://punchng.com/just-in-supreme-court-upholds-high-court-judgement-on-rivers-apc/

3 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by mushystuff: 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2019
kcmichael:

Is the Channels the only credible source of all news? Is it through Channels that all other media get news?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by budaatum: 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
thinkdip:
Nairaland is messed, you can't watch a live youtube video from here. why? even on whatsapp you can steam live... a site of almost 11years, no improvement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfvpN6S3i74

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by budaatum: 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2019
Couldn't on whatsapp neither. Had to open app.
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by omonaijiria: 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2019
walex2:
that is one of the reason I don't argue with many people on this faceless forum most of them are so primitive,uncouth and illiterate common English they can't comprehend And they will jump to type rubbish.the summary of the judgement is that..the court Of appeal decision to grant stay Of execution of federal high court judgement has been upheld by the supreme court meaning that APC will now present all candidates for the 2019 general election and the acceptable list is the one coming from the APC National working committee led by Adams Oshiomole

Go back and read what the said appeal is all about.

There are vitals appeal in Rivers last week own is just a fluke.

This is the real deal

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by omonaijiria: 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2019
kcmichael:

See painment sorry hen

Next time Pastor Vole can try again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by omonaijiria: 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2019
Corrinthians:
Leave the Cameroonian refugees. I guess our democracy isn't under threat this time. cheesy

You want us to fold our hands while your wicked party drag our democracy into the mud

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by chozzy: 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2019
Cherrybae:

Taah, Afonja

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by chozzy: 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
walex2:

Your Own grammar too ehn. .... anyway, that na discussion for another day.
Anyway, read these

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/rivers-govship-supreme-court-upholds-judgement-nullifying-apc-primaries.html

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/08/breaking-supreme-court-upholds-judgment-nullifying-rivers-apc-primaries

https://punchng.com/just-in-supreme-court-upholds-high-court-judgement-on-rivers-apc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by budaatum: 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2019
olujastro:
The judiciary is part of democracy no doubt, but it makes absolutely no sense if the right to be voted for by the people is usurped by the judiciary.
What "right to be voted for by the people is usurped by the judiciary" ? The right, my own sai bubu party, inadequately didn't exercise?

olujastro:
The best the judiciary should be able to do is determine the rightful candidate of a party. Excluding any party from elections is totally anti democratic.
You know, I wonder who paying that crooked CJN Onnoghen our money into his account? See when my bubu removed him justice prevailed even to his disadvantage!

They should just give us pass even though we handed our homework in late, right, because, Sai my bubu next level? Be there athiefulating and obliterating your future away! Your eye will open one day and you will see!
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Stone123(m): 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2019
Leave APC matter my people and subscribe to my channel for updates
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2YyzRb33HiUvIl3TcGwVnA
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by Daviddson(m): 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
thinkdip:
Nairaland is messed, you can't watch a live youtube video from here. why? even on whatsapp you can steam live... a site of almost 11years, no improvement.
cc Seun. This site need major upgrades. Hire some developers from the Nairaland Web Section and bring this site up to par with the likes of Facebook, Quora, Twitter.
Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by budaatum: 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2019
yomi961:
The question is who is the flag bearer of apc. That has too be resolved too. At least inec has no choice but to conduct the election as oppose to shifting it.
There are other parties! No be only pdp and apc!

See [url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjt-azho6zgAhWJyIUKHYk7AgoQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thisdaylive.com%2Findex.php%2F2019%2F01%2F15%2Fhow-rivers-apc-shot-itself-in-the-foot%2F&psig=AOvVaw3e3OYDNbgPQP3gpEDg5Log&ust=1549720199808398]How Rivers APC Shot Itself in the Foot[/url].

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by fergie001: 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2019
Watched it on TVC news now.....

The Supreme Court upheld the judgement of the Rivers stats High Court.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by puzzlegate(m): 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2019
yomi961:
The question is who is the flag bearer of apc. That has too be resolved too. At least inec has no choice but to conduct the election as oppose to shifting it.
No apc flag bearer in Rivers. I think its simple enough.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by budaatum: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
MrAJQ:
Is this how illiterate you're? Don't you understand what the judgment mean? It means APC can now partake in the election
Really Which school did you go?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
grin grin Onnoggen was suspended for nothing.The tough supreme court judges stood for justice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries by chozzy: 3:02pm On Feb 08, 2019
Daviddson:
cc Seun. This site need major upgrades. Hire some developers from the Nairaland Web Section and bring this site up to par with the likes of Facebook, Quora, Twitter.

Na so.
Is it by mouth?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Bows To Pressure, Reverses Ban On 113 Oil Vessels / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo / Buhari Orders Return Of Egbesu Sword For Niger-Delta Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.