Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa (39147 Views)

Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is / The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by MountainView: 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
least and most in one sentence

1 Like

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Damfostopper(m): 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
madridguy:
Passport or no passport, we remain the giant of Africa.
which giant?....

. just imagine the nonsensse that is coming out from your mouth .....continue dwelling on past glory

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by airsaylongcon: 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheAngry1:

You obviously were in a hurry to reply to my post and didn't take time to read what I wrote. Believe whatever you want to.

Lol! So that's what you picked? I said I've been to a backwater Cameroon and didn't experience blackouts. U didn't see that? Or that a "giant" is comparing itself to minions? I repeat it that of every state in Nigeria with the size and productivity of Rwanda had a Kigali we would be living in a wonderful country

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Dollabiz: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
nigeria should be on number one.
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Icecreamy: 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2019
What does "least most powerful" mean?

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by RALPHOW(m): 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
Nonsense,
Other African countries envy Nigerians like mad outside the continent.
Honestly our life styles and common sense cannot be compare with other African countries, not even South Africans.
The only problem in this country is just leadership.
I pray we get it right soon and you will see how Oyinbos will troop in to Nigeria for work.
Ebonyi and Anambra States Governors give me hope that Nigeria can still get it right.
It is unfortunate that someone like Awolowo never rule this country.
If someone like Peter Obi rule this country there will be a dramatic change, within a short time.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Caseless: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheAngry1:
There are actually more countries on the continent with worst passport values than the ones you listed there. This post is sadly part of the ongoing stupid self-denigration that has characterised most Nigerians. I have traveled the length and breadth of Africa, and I can tell you with confidence that very few countries on the continent can compare with Nigeria on any/every index of measurement. We have a myriad of problems, but believe me, we are not what people tell you we are. Travel and see.
Tell them.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by gosmoney(m): 11:02pm On Feb 09, 2019
Hmmm
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by gosmoney(m): 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
madridguy:
hmmm
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by stevedre: 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2019
teelaw4life:
Couldn't give two toots about the topic, but what the hell does "...least most powerful passport..." mean?

"Ten least powerful passport" is the right way to put it. I mean if it's turned around, would you say "10 most least powerful passports..."?

Abeg oo...can't come to a national forum and still end up reading substandardly written English.

Thank you.

I turned my phone upside down to confirm this was a mistake from nairaland. grin
How can a big forum like nairaland make such a terrible blunder.
The moderator responsible for this post should be monitored henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by chinchum(m): 12:26am On Feb 10, 2019
TheAngry1:
There are actually more countries on the continent with worst passport values than the ones you listed there. This post is sadly part of the ongoing stupid self-denigration that has characterised most Nigerians. I have traveled the length and breadth of Africa, and I can tell you with confidence that very few countries on the continent can compare with Nigeria on any/every index of measurement. We have a myriad of problems, but believe me, we are not what people tell you we are. Travel and see.
God bless you.... Self denigration is really shameful, no one can bleach out their nationality. I am unapologetically Nigerian. We may be going through our developmental issues , but I believe it is a phase....

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by nedu2000(m): 1:39am On Feb 10, 2019
TheAngry1:
you talk as if you are directing your posts to Nigerians in the diaspora,we live in Nigeria and see clearly our problems,what foreigners say we are we can seperate easily the wheat from the shaff.
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by nedu2000(m): 1:43am On Feb 10, 2019
chinchum:
God bless you.... Self denigration is really shameful, no one can bleach out their nationality. I am unapologetically Nigerian. We may be going through our developmental issues , but I believe it is a phase....
how long is that phase?people have lived and died praying for a better society,We are not at war unlike somalia or congo,we are not ruled by one dictator as will be the excuse of cameroun and uganda,we don't have famine like mauritania and eritrea.What is Nigeria's excuse?Those countries aforementioned know their problems and will get out of it someday,what is Nigeria's problem?
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by chinchum(m): 2:32am On Feb 10, 2019
nedu2000:
how long is that phase?people have lived and died praying for a better society,We are not at war unlike somalia or congo,we are not ruled by one dictator as will be the excuse of cameroun and uganda,we don't have famine like mauritania and eritrea.What is Nigeria's excuse?Those countries aforementioned know their problems and will get out of it someday,what is Nigeria's problem?
People die everyday in any nation.
it is typically within 50-100 years of a typical nation for a country to witness remarkable growth . Nigeria got its independence in 1960, with a literacy rate of barely 25%. we will get it right, and I believe we will get it right gradually, it is not going to be a magic bullet change. As sad as we may want to admit, we are better of than we were 20 years ago. the growth in the last 20 years has been a painfully slow one, but we have moved if you will be sincere with yourself. Nigeria had fought a civil war, currently battling a terrorism war, battled with oppressive dictators and outlived it within the last 58 years of independence, Most of the core issues with the country e.g poor power supply, unemployment for the youths, non functional oil refinery , weak educational systems, poor infrastructures e.t.c are all linked together. Do you know that Nigeria uses at least 30% of its foreign reserves to import refined fuel, Did you know weak foreign reserves put pressure on our currency? Did you know weak currency affects the economy? I am of the believe that in less than 3 years from now Nigerians will stop importing refined crude oil. Do you know that job creation can increase with improved power supply, functional and efficient micro credit schemes and security? I also believe in 10 years from now, Nigerians will look back at how much of progress we have made as a country in the area of power supply to homes and industries, better credit systems for entrepreneurs e.t.c

More jobs for the people means more taxable individuals with income. More accrued taxes for government tends to translate to more revenue to build infrastructure(transport, education,health e.t.c). Nigeria needs like an annual budget of not less than 30 trillion naira, not the 8 trillion naira budget we are currently on that can not cater for roughly 200 million Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by teelaw4life(m): 6:57am On Feb 10, 2019
stevedre:

I turned my phone upside down to confirm this was a mistake from nairaland. grin
How can a big forum like nairaland make such a terrible blunder.
The moderator responsible for this post should be monitored henceforth.

It's unbecoming of the website mods and owner. Usually I'd ignore, but this is just too much to wrap my head around.
It's all good though. Na dem sabi.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Isoduwa(m): 7:24am On Feb 10, 2019
madridguy:

Giant for inside darkness even as you type this na still inside darkness you dey nor go talk am outside Nigerian rip in peace ✌� in advance
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by bilulu(m): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2019
madridguy:
Stop deceiving yourself, get 10 different most powerful passport today you still remain a Nigerian.

My statement shows u I don't ve any reason to b a proud Nigerian. what ve I benefited? roads, water, security, healthcare or what? even you a certified zombie is busy writing IELTS so u can run away and by re here talking trash.... what can being a Nigerian give me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by madridguy(m): 8:53am On Feb 10, 2019
I pray desperation will not land you in hot soup. I believe you've seen the fate of our brothers and sisters that traveled to hell fire just because they want to leave Nigeria? Many videos are online so you can see.

Meanwhile, if you like carry 100 European passport, you are still a Nigerian. Chikena

bilulu:

My statement shows u I don't ve any reason to b a proud Nigerian. what ve I benefited? roads, water, security, healthcare or what? even you a certified zombie is busy writing IELTS so u can run away and by re here talking trash.... what can being a Nigerian give me?

1 Like

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Nostradamus: 9:39am On Feb 10, 2019
nedu2000:
thanks for this. Nigeria has got serious problems,i Don even lose hope for this yeye country sef.and some people here think one is wrongly putting down Nigeria,ordinary electricity,improved standard of living and credible election(without unnecessary violence) is still a mirage for Nigeria.what's our excuse for not living up to our potentials?

Nigeria is a dead geographical location!!

1 Like

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Galaxyowerri(m): 9:42am On Feb 10, 2019
TheAngry1:

Have you been to Cameroun? I have visited Rwanda several times. While I admit it is a very progressive nation, its progress is somewhat exaggerated. Outside of Kigali, Rwanda is at best glorified Jigawa State. Ask anyone who has visited the country, don't assume.
With people like you trying to defend or justify the rot and disgrace Nigeria has become, then salvation is still a million miles away! You can only begin to make a change for the better when you truly accept that there is a problem. Nigeria is even worse off than is being depicted. Did you know that majority of African countries and rest of the world enjoy constant and uninterrupted power supply?? Your universities have been on strike for several months now, and just because the presidential election is a few days away, they decided to suspend it, now emphasis is on SUSPEND and not even call-off!! Can you travel a few kilometers on your inter state roads without wondering if you are driving through an earthquake ravaged region?? What is the unemployment situation?? So, even becoming the poverty capital of the world is not something to be ashamed of?? Even your apology of a president whom some of you are still going to vote for despite all his failures, can buhari be compared to the leaders of other progressive African countries like Kenya, Ghana, Rwanda etc in terms of qualifications and intellect?? What is your security situation?? At the rate your country is going, can it ever develop even in a hundred years time?? When it suits you guys, you claim that Nigeria's population is what is hindering it from developing at a optimal rate yet you all still fail to acknowledge that China, India, Brazil, United States etc are a lot more populated than Nigeria and have all turned their population size into a big advantage while you see yours as an obstacle. Please stop trying to defend Nigeria's worthlessness or blame those who are intelligent enough to complain about it, rather join them in condemning the situation because it is only when there is a consensus anger from the populace that your wicked leaders will become uncomfortable in their comfort zones.
Nigeria is today an embarrassment to Africa and the entire black race when it should have been a shining light considering its enormous potentials.
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by TheAngry1: 10:30am On Feb 10, 2019
Galaxyowerri:

With people like you trying to defend or justify the rot and disgrace Nigeria has become, then salvation is still a million miles away! You can only begin to make a change for the better when you truly accept that there is a problem. Nigeria is even worse off than is being depicted. Did you know that majority of African countries and rest of the world enjoy constant and uninterrupted power supply?? Your universities have been on strike for several months now, and just because the presidential election is a few days away, they decided to suspend it, now emphasis is on SUSPEND and not even call-off!! Can you travel a few kilometers on your inter state roads without wondering if you are driving through an earthquake ravaged region?? What is the unemployment situation?? So, even becoming the poverty capital of the world is not something to be ashamed of?? Even your apology of a president whom some of you are still going to vote for despite all his failures, can buhari be compared to the leaders of other progressive African countries like Kenya, Ghana, Rwanda etc in terms of qualifications and intellect?? What is your security situation?? At the rate your country is going, can it ever develop even in a hundred years time?? When it suits you guys, you claim that Nigeria's population is what is hindering it from developing at a optimal rate yet you all still fail to acknowledge that China, India, Brazil, United States etc are a lot more populated than Nigeria and have all turned their population size into a big advantage while you see yours as an obstacle. Please stop trying to defend Nigeria's worthlessness or blame those who are intelligent enough to complain about it, rather join them in condemning the situation because it is only when there is a consensus anger from the populace that your wicked leaders will become uncomfortable in their comfort zones.
Nigeria is today an embarrassment to Africa and the entire black race when it should have been a shining light considering its enormous potentials.

Your post is senseless. Nothing in my post talked about our population's comparative (dis)advantage. You just came here to speak big grammar and made no point. There is a thin-line between complaints and self-denigration, what Nigerians practice is the latter. Like I said, travel and see.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Mizwisdom(f): 11:53am On Feb 10, 2019
TheAngry1:

AutojoshNG is a poor blogger looking for traffic to his website grin

1 Like

Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by justwise(m): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
RALPHOW:
Nonsense,
Other African countries envy Nigerians like mad outside the continent.
Honestly our life styles and common sense cannot be compare with other African countries, not even South Africans.
The only problem in this country is just leadership.
I pray we get it right soon and you will see how Oyinbos will troop in to Nigeria for work.
Ebonyi and Anambra States Governors give me hope that Nigeria can still get it right.
It is unfortunate that someone like Awolowo never rule this country.
If someone like Peter Obi rule this country there will be a dramatic change, within a short time.

That is why Nigeria is screwed up and i don't know that African country that envy us
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Feb 10, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
God bless you . if there is one useless thing you will notice about Nairaland , it is full of losers who will use any and every opportunity to put down Nigeria . There are many countries begging to be like us but these losers only see negative things

Which country?
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by Galaxyowerri(m): 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2019
TheAngry1:

Your post is senseless. Nothing in my post talked about our population's comparative (dis)advantage. You just came here to speak big grammar and made no point. There is a thin-line between complaints and self-denigration, what Nigerians practice is the latter. Like I said, travel and see.
You're just an ostrich who prefers to hide his head in the sand. Even Americans that seem to have it all still complain about their system every now and then because they don't want to rest on their laurels yet you that is living in a country where you are virtually denied all the good things of life that ought to be taken for granted, would prefer to sugar-coat your sorry situation. But while you're giving excuses for your sad state still have it in mind that the rest of the world won't wait for you.
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by chinchum(m): 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2019
justwise:

That is why Nigeria is screwed up and i don't know that African country that envy us
Africa's problem is not just leadership, followership is also one. Our leaders are a reflection of the followers. It is quite difficult to get a leader remarkably different from the quality of followers. The more the quality of followers improves, it also translates to the quality of leaders they elect to lead them. As a Nigerian living in diaspora, I know better than expecting a magic bullet change. Nigeria will grind out the positive change it wants, and it will indirectly be driven by the populace. I will never subscribe to denigrating my country. I can talk about my country's problem, but will not denigrate it.
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by justwise(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2019
chinchum:

Africa's problem is not just leadership, followership is also one. Our leaders are a reflection of the followers. It is quite difficult to get a leader remarkably different from the quality of followers. The more the quality of followers improves, it also translates to the quality of leaders they elect to lead them. As a Nigerian living in diaspora, I know better than expecting a magic bullet change. Nigeria will grind out the positive change it wants, and it will indirectly be driven by the populace. I will never subscribe to denigrating my country. I can talk about my country's problem, but will not denigrate it.

They are not mutually exclusive
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by chinchum(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

They are not mutually exclusive
They are mutually exclusive!. I hope Nigerians realise that. Yes, we have a problem and we can talk about that problem. Running down your country as "useless, foolish, worst country in the world....... bla bla bla" is denigrating. I have discovered virtually all the times that people who are quick to denigrate the country are terrible human beings, who if placed to lead a community of 100 people will be outright disaster. I was watching an Instagram post where there was a gang war in Nigeria, and the guy at the end of the recording was quick to say , "and you call this a country". Is America immune to gang wars? Is America not a country?
Many Nigerians are quick to call others the problem and not check themselves. Someone once suggested throwing bomb in to the joint National assembly seating ,and Nigeria's problem will be solved and I simply asked if they are all killed, will the new representatives be voted in from mars?
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
chinchum:
They are mutually exclusive!. I hope Nigerians realise that. Yes, we have a problem and we can talk about that problem. Running down your country as "useless, foolish, worst country in the world....... bla bla bla" is denigrating. I have discovered virtually all the times that people who are quick to denigrate the country are terrible human beings, who if placed to lead a community of 100 people will be outright disaster. I was watching an Instagram post where there was a gang war in Nigeria, and the guy at the end of the recording was quick to say , "and you call this a country". Is America immune to gang wars? Is America not a country?
Many Nigerians are quick to call others the problem and not check themselves. Someone once suggested throwing bomb in to the joint National assembly seating ,and Nigeria's problem will be solved and I simply asked if they are all killed, will the new representatives be voted in from mars?

No, those who are quick to cover it up are the horrible ones, those who rather don't talk about it in public are the dangerous ones.

Nigeria problem is a public knowledge, its known world wide because we export it around the world
Re: The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa by chinchum(m): 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2019
justwise:

No, those who are quick to cover it up are the horrible ones, those who rather don't talk about it in public are the dangerous ones.

Nigeria problem is a public knowledge, its known world wide because we export it around the world
There is nothing wrong about talking Nigeria's problem, it is the people who are quick to denigrate the country and call it horrible names that I described . You said they are not mutually exclusive, which implies you agree they are two different things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Your Experience With Emirate Airline / Crash Barrier Saves 22 Passengers From Plunging Into Lagos Lagoon (photos) / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.