Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize (6602 Views)

PLS Is Anyone Watching Channels TV On Akinwunmi Adeshina? / Akinwunmi Adeshina Attends G7 Summit, Buhari Snubbed - Reno Omokri (Photos) / The Rise And Fall Of Akinwunmi Ambode. By Kayode Ogundamisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Olusharp(m): 6:07am On Feb 10, 2019
Former Min. of Agriculture and the current Pres. of the African Development Bank ADB, Akinwunmi Adeshina has made Nigeria and Africa proud with his latest achievement once again.

Akinwunmi Adeshina was in Seoul, South Korea capital on Saturday, where he won world food prize known as the Sunhak Peace Award.

The Former Min. of Agriculture is the second individual to win the award.

Akinwunmi Adeshina in the course of celebrating his latest achievement took to his Social Media page as he disclosed that it is a call to do more especially in Africa.

He went on to applaud Ambassador Kenneth Quinn, President of the World Food Prize Foundation, for joining him in the Asian country.

Akinwunmi Adeshina also sent good wishes to all World Food Prize Laureate

He wrote,

I became the second World Food Prize Winner to win the Sunhak Peace Prize. Many thanks to Ambassador Kenneth Quinn, President of the World Food Prize Foundation, for joining me in Seoul, Korea, with good wishes of all World Food Prize Laureate
⁩ ⁦

It was a huge honour to receive the Sunhak Peace Prize yesterday in Seoul, Korea! It is a call to do more for the world, and especially Africa. By God’s grace, I will
Adeshina Akinwunmi was the Nigerian Min. of Agriculture between the year 2010 to 2015 under the Peoples Democratic Party PDP led Government by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Following his achievement in the Agricultural sector in Nigeria, he was soon made the President of the African Development Bank and he also celebrated his 59th birthday this month, 6th of February.

Congratulations to him!

Source: https://idonsabi.com/former-min-of-agriculture-akinwunmi-adeshina-wins-sunhak-peace-prize/

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Redoil: 6:23am On Feb 10, 2019
Which buhari minister do yo think will win any award
Na wa 4 yoruba people them want win all the award finish

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by NwaOhafia: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
Men them and not analog ministers like Pa. Audu Ogbeh who was born 1947

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lovely, na this kain news dey sweet person.

OP still bring PDP inside this matter. Lol

ohelkrif:
Ok

Animal keep uploading thrash, while your mates dey learn programming. Oponu!

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by 3rdavefarms(m): 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
The real Mafia.. by God’s grace Dr Akinwumi will be giving us Another sound and normal Minister for Agriculture , unlike this Old cargoes called Audu ole

God let your will be done with PDP
I Voted last during Obasanjo’s second Tenure
I will be Voting for PDP again so help me God

PDP... IN GOD WE TRUST

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Akanapiaigwe: 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
Gej product

just like NOI cool

which Buhari's minister can get to this level grin

apc is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond
Osibanjo is a vagabond puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pastor
Buhari is a terrorist
kiss the truth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by LadySarah: 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
Evn the bible affirms it,''seest thou a man diligent in his works,he shall stand before kings and not mean men".
Ppl like NOI,Akinwunmi,Gej whose works spoke for them have gone on to greater heights.It is what Igbos call'Aka ekpuchi Onwa'. cool cool

I dont know if any of PMB's ministers can attain such instead they'd keep siphoning our collective wwealth.Fashola would have but he has lost it.
We used to have about 20-23hrs light everyday but since their tenure,its now 3 days on,3 days off.

Affordable housing-0,power-0,works-30 percent

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Kobokoo: 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
How I wish the next administration wud make use of his talent. God bless naija no b small.
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by babepink(f): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
Which of Buhari's minister can you compare with this man? Even after he wasted six good months to source for them.I would rather vote a stone than vote for Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2019
Amechi will win best Transportation Minister in the whole world and Lai Mohammed will win best communication minister in the whole world .
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Agbaletu: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2019
Redoil:
If you put all Buhari's ministers together, they can not measure up to Akinwunmi Adeshina.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by bots119: 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2019
correct guy. the best minister under joe

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by naijapikin04(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2019
He's won it before... Last year I guess

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by teekay213(m): 4:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
i use to tell people

jonathan has the best ministers in the history of this country and this man is one of them,he change the agricultural sector for good until bubu came,i wish he can be our president or better still the agric minister for life

5 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Protein0: 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2019
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by emmanuelpopson(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
pdp are known to parade technocrats in some key portfolios like agriculture, finance, information, foreign, ,trade and investment name it... we had it on record.. the likes of Jerry Gana, frank nweke Jr, NOI, ezekwesili, Adesina, and the likes.. the list continues...we can't let nepotism deprive the country of growth and development unlike apc...

5 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by aforosco(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
Giovanni2332:
Amechi will win best Transportation Minister in the whole world and Lai Mohammed will win best communication minister in the whole world .

Lai Mohammed is not Nigeria's communication minister
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by merineze: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2019
Redoil:
Alhaji Lai Moa!
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Amarabae(f): 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2019
The best Yoruba man alive in my own opinion.
A presidential material.
I will campaign and vote for him if he contest.
Unfortunately many of his kinsmen prefer to worship their demi god Tinubu .
If this man contest for a governorship election in a south west state under PDP, they will pick any illiterate tinubu Will bring out over him.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by merineze: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2019
Giovanni2332:

Which world?
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by trulymatters(m): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
He deserves it. Mr. Adesina is doing amazing at the AfDB.
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by BuhariAdvocate: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2019
Congratulations
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by MrRichmond: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2019
Amarabae:
The best Yoruba man alive in my own opinion.
A presidential material.
I will campaign and vote for him if he contest.
Unfortunately many of his kinsmen prefer to worship their demi god Tinubu .
If this man contest for a governorship election in a south west state under PDP, they will pick any illiterate tinubu Will bring out over him.
grin grin

It's a sad thing my brother.
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by AtikulatedNaija: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
an Igbo man is independent by nature, and will always do that thing they believe in without external interference. Buhari has shown to have a total dislike for the Igbo's from his first regime till now, Buhari has the opportunity to ammend this in this tenure but goofed. He has always shown indifference to the plight of what the masses are going through, had Buhari performed Igbo's will vote him massively.
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by DonHummer(m): 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2019
This are the kind of people that should be holding political post in this country..compare such quality with lai Mohammed, shittu's etc
Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2019
aforosco:

Lai Mohammed is not Nigeria's communication minister

I want him to win that one Bro . Our communication minister wey never talk before na communication minister be that one

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adeshina Wins Sunhak Peace Prize by mechanics(m): 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2019
congrats to him.

(1) (Reply)

If Herdsman Had Known That Deltans Were Tough People They Wouldn't Have Attack / What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye / NSA, Col. Dasuki Visits Damaturu, Potiskum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.