Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (26385 Views)

Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by princetom1(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2019
dguyindcorner:

Deep thing of the kingdom is hidden from you but to babies and sucklings, it's revealed.

Even if I explain to you, you won't listen because your ears are blocked so that in hearing you will not hear and your heart hardened so you will not understand. Keep wallowing in your foolishness.

U can do better, support ur arguments with Bible verses... Because he has made the most valid point which can be found in the Bible so far...

Don't forget, God allowed the Bible to be the most circulated, most read and most translated into other languages, why then will u say u are speaking a language with God that no one understands? Wen in reality, U can pray in ur own language and God understands and not for once did anyone in the Bible speak any language nobody else understands

4 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Hoodbilonia: 10:56am On Feb 10, 2019
God no say we for africa too mumu
Dey speak in tongues .
Why u no fill am for yur bvn na
Fools
Person go dey say hey babakaya laya iyalaya
Okababa. But him go dey reason bad tin dic go dey hard for inside church
Another way africa is trapped and cursed

6 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:57am On Feb 10, 2019
No one was more charismatic than Paul, yet the Lord revealed to him that those sign gifts were going to cease:

“whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away” (1 Cor. 13:cool. 1

Here Paul writes of the gift of tongues, the gift of prophecy and the gift of knowledge (see 1 Cor. 13:1-2) and states that the Lord Jesus had revealed to him (1 Cor. 11:23; 15:3; Gal. 1:11,12) that a time was coming when these sign gifts were going to cease to operate.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by semyman: 10:57am On Feb 10, 2019
The people self are fake living in self deceit
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by semyman: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2019
Pentecostalism is the biggest scam of our time

3 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Koralords: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2019
Fake ,have asked my mom severally the meaning when she speaks in tongue she no know then Wetin you come Dey say

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2019
PlugBlogng:
Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It?

https://plugblog.com.ng/do-people-who-speak-in-tongues-fake-it-or-understand-it/

I have always been spiritual than religious, i believe God is an entity who cannot be reached through a single source, he’s like a firm rooted tree with sprouted branches. We all say we worship same God then why do we feel our religion is the only and direct source to him?

Recently my neighbor came to preach to me, he’s been on my neck ever since i told him i wasn’t religious and wouldn’t attend his church. The day he came to preach we argued and argued, i told him God cannot be worshiped through a single source, if you invite me to a mosque i will attend, if you invite me to an Osun festival i will attend i don’t have to attend a church because i am seeking God.

I told him God gave us freewill to think, he gave us scientists and doctors and plastic surgeons, he gave us pharmacists and medicines, he wanted us to know there was more to him thats why we discovered other universes, thats why we can clone a human thats why we ca do IVF, thats why we can do inter sex change and etc.

I reminded him that Christians see Muslims as unbelievers and Muslims see Christians as infidels, none of them are right of course but what do they know. He told me to repent that hell is real, i told him i have seen hell, i have seen the rapture more times than i can count, i told him not to believe everything he read in the bible as it was written by human beings like us, he got up looked at me and said “Na God hand u de” lol.
Now back to my question, i get fascinated when people speak in tongue, in some churches if you dont speak in tongues u never belong, i had a flatmate in my hundred level then who stays with her boyfriend, after dem nack finish you go hear her then speak in tongue lol.

During the halleluyah challenge, i was praying, crying, in spirit, whenever i pray to God i cry, because i feel his awesomeness through me, even when im singing praises, during this time i was praying i found myself speaking a language i do not understand, i was scared so i stopped lest i blasphemed, i continued praying and it started again, but i couldnt understand what i was saying so i stopped again.

Dear christians, when you speak in tongues do you understand what you’re talking about? i thought some people were gifted with interpreting this speaking in tongues while others spake it? how come we have less interpreters and more speakers?

SOURCE: TALK2BELLA

speaking in tongue is a spiritual language, but our people now use it to do ojoro just to deceive gullible church members. You must attain spiritual perfection first before indulging in such language, as one of the prayer warriors in my church(charismatic) once told me that how you prepare your spirit will determine your communication with spirit (God). Remember you can only communicate with your God through thy spirit and that is their only language sister.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by kolafolabi(m): 10:59am On Feb 10, 2019
dguyindcorner:
You neither fake it nor understand it. You're speaking to God, only him understands.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by blowjob: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2019
FAKE IT

SAI BABA BUHARI.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by greatface(m): 10:59am On Feb 10, 2019
Often faked
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2019
Lol

Tongues in bible ancient language means LANGUAGE , not the GIBBERISH being spewed out every Sunday by the minions of false religion.

7 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2019
angry
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by echepops(m): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2019
Very interesting article OP. Will check back tonight to read comments when everywhere don stew

3 Likes

semyman:
Pentecostalism is the biggest scam of our time

Not the biggest , the GREATEST and the most DANGEROUS. It has to be eradicated together with extremist ISLAM.

7 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Truefaith: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2019
A N50,000 CHALLENGE

Here is a N50,000 challenge: send to me the names and addresses of any 5 people that you know that speak in 'Tongues' recognized by the Bible.

Your submissions MUST be native Yoruba, Igbo, Effik, Nupe, Hausa, Chinese, English, French, Spanish (any language) speakers who, suddenly, without any schooling, start speaking fluently any other language as a result of any church activity.

There are basically only two groups that deceive themselves on speaking in tongues: (1) the totally fake; and, (2) the demonically possessed.

Read Acts 2:5-11

PENTECOSTALISM WAS SET UP BY PSYCHICS AND PEOPLE WHO TALKED WITH THE DEAD: OCCULT PEOPLE. That is where they get their fake 'tongues' and other doctrines from.

THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS

www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2016/10/12/tongues-and-snake-oil-salesmen/
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by wink2015(m): 11:01am On Feb 10, 2019
PlugBlogng:
Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It?

https://plugblog.com.ng/do-people-who-speak-in-tongues-fake-it-or-understand-it/

I have always been spiritual than religious, i believe God is an entity who cannot be reached through a single source, he’s like a firm rooted tree with sprouted branches. We all say we worship same God then why do we feel our religion is the only and direct source to him?

Recently my neighbor came to preach to me, he’s been on my neck ever since i told him i wasn’t religious and wouldn’t attend his church. The day he came to preach we argued and argued, i told him God cannot be worshiped through a single source, if you invite me to a mosque i will attend, if you invite me to an Osun festival i will attend i don’t have to attend a church because i am seeking God.

I told him God gave us freewill to think, he gave us scientists and doctors and plastic surgeons, he gave us pharmacists and medicines, he wanted us to know there was more to him thats why we discovered other universes, thats why we can clone a human thats why we ca do IVF, thats why we can do inter sex change and etc.

I reminded him that Christians see Muslims as unbelievers and Muslims see Christians as infidels, none of them are right of course but what do they know. He told me to repent that hell is real, i told him i have seen hell, i have seen the rapture more times than i can count, i told him not to believe everything he read in the bible as it was written by human beings like us, he got up looked at me and said “Na God hand u de” lol.
Now back to my question, i get fascinated when people speak in tongue, in some churches if you dont speak in tongues u never belong, i had a flatmate in my hundred level then who stays with her boyfriend, after dem nack finish you go hear her then speak in tongue lol.

During the halleluyah challenge, i was praying, crying, in spirit, whenever i pray to God i cry, because i feel his awesomeness through me, even when im singing praises, during this time i was praying i found myself speaking a language i do not understand, i was scared so i stopped lest i blasphemed, i continued praying and it started again, but i couldnt understand what i was saying so i stopped again.

Dear christians, when you speak in tongues do you understand what you’re talking about? i thought some people were gifted with interpreting this speaking in tongues while others spake it? how come we have less interpreters and more speakers?

SOURCE: TALK2BELLA

Nice share

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by gaskiyamagana: 11:03am On Feb 10, 2019
Tens of troubles with Christian's faith, teaching and practices.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:04am On Feb 10, 2019
What is the origin of speaking in tongues?

Did jesus did so
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by femi4: 11:04am On Feb 10, 2019
Those who fake it never have power to back it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 10, 2019
Do your alleged god jesus spoke in tongues?

Nonsense
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by DipoAy(m): 11:05am On Feb 10, 2019
This is actually one topic that I have always wanted closure on but nobody has been able to provide for me.. When I am in church and I happen to be beside someone that 'speaks in tongues' it makes me feel inferior. Like I am a sinner. I am a cherubim and seraphim member. In my church, worship must have gone deep before people start going into trance, Buh when I am in my fellowship in school, just a simple let close ours and ask God for ....... I would have started hearing all manners of tongues. And worship hasn't even started yet. I am not attacking anything or anybody. Just saying what has been on my mind. Whoever is more knowledgeable should please provide better answers

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by apelike1: 11:07am On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN'T TELL IF IT'S REAL OR FAKE, BUT YET, "YOU BELIEVE"??
WHAT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE?

WHY THE MEN WHO SPOKE IN TONGUES IN THE BIBLE SPOKE DIFFERENT "TONGUES" UNDERSTOOD BY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, WHILE TODAY, THE EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR GIBBERISH SPEAKING IN TONGUE IS THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS IT? HAHAHA.. grin
THERE ARE TWO TYPE OF TONGUES!
1. SPEAKING IN TONGUE (LANGUAGE OUTTA THIS EARTH. AND

2. SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES (LIKE SPEAKING IN CHINESE I UNDERSTAND NOT BUT MAYBE THE PEOPLE AROUND ME IN THE CHURCH CAN UNDERSTAND CHINESE MIGHT INTERPRET IT)

YOUR BRAIN IS IN CAP LOCKS MODE SO YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Soulsymbol99: 11:08am On Feb 10, 2019
FAKE!
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 10, 2019
DipoAy:
This is actually one topic that I have always wanted closure on but nobody has been able to provide for me.. When I am in church and I happen to be beside someone that 'speaks in tongues' it makes me feel inferior. Like I am a sinner. I am a cherubim and seraphim member. In my church, worship must have gone deep before people start going into trance, Buh when I am in my fellowship in school, just a simple let close ours and ask God for ....... I would have started hearing all manners of tongues. And worship hasn't even started yet. I am not attacking anything or anybody. Just saying what has been on my mind. Whoever is more knowledgeable should please provide better answers

Many have been robbed of the blessings God intended them to have by believing that speaking in tongues isn’t for everyone. But the Word shows us that every believer needs to be filled with the Holy Ghost. And the Word says that when we get filled with the Holy Ghost, we will speak with tongues (Acts 2:4).
However, speaking with tongues does not occur as just one initial experience of being filled with the Holy Ghost, and then it ceases. Speaking with tongues is a continual experience for the rest of one’s life.

Notice that in writing to the Church at Corinth, Paul very definitely encouraged the Corinthian Christians to follow the practice of speaking with tongues in their own private prayer lives. And he gave a number of reasons for it.

There is the devotional use of tongues. First Corinthians 14:2 says, “For he who speaks in a ‘tongue’ addresses God, not man; no one understands him; he is talking of divine secrets in the Spirit” (Moffatt). Here, Paul is talking about the individual Spirit-filled believer employing the use of tongues in his prayer life. Through speaking in tongues, you can pray out the plan of God for your life by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Be saved!

6 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by eluquenson(m): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2019
dguyindcorner:
You neither fake it nor understand it. You're speaking to God, only him understands.
which mumu god, those language are total rubbish
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by braine(m): 11:09am On Feb 10, 2019
What on-the-go essence of speaking in tongues in the first place?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by stagger: 11:10am On Feb 10, 2019
Two types exist:
1. For personal edification
The primary form of speaking in tongues is when you are praying in the Holy Ghost ALONE, speaking mysteries that only the Spirit form of God (the Holy Spirit) understands. 1 Corinthians 14 verse 2 says:

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit.

At that time, your understanding is unfruitful, as St. Paul said. You cannot understand what you have prayed because at that time, a mysterious event which you do not even know about is being handled in the spirit realm. A friend of mine was moved to pray in the spirit on his way out of his house. He went back and prayed in tongues, not knowing what he prayed for. Unknown to him, his brother was thousands of kilometres away, about to be involved in a motor accident from which he emerged as the sole survivor in a 14-seater bus. This was before the era of GSM: how could my friend have known that tragedy was about to befall his brother? Only the Holy Spirit, the one that knows the end of a matter from the beginning, could have known. So my friend was prompted to pray in the Holy Ghost, and the Spirit of God took over, pleaded that matter in the court of heaven against the accuser of the brethren, and prevailed, manifesting in the deliverance of his brother. Romans 8 verse 26 sums it up: Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

2) For the edification of the church

There is the second form: which usually occurs IN A GATHERING. Here, the Spirit gives utterance, and this comes with an interpretation for the benefit of those present. This occurs when God intends to reveal a divine secret to his people in a gathering.

1 Corinthains 14 verse 3: But he who prophesies speaks to men for their edification, encouragement, and comfort.

Hope this has helped someone. It took me years to get this by revelation.
Of course, there are those who will dismiss these things as utter rubbish. But we are told that the things of God are unto them that are in the world, foolishness.

But they never ask themselves this question: why does nobody question the incantations that are mumbled by occultists and traditionalists when they want to effect problems for people? Are their incantations understood by those who contract them to do these things? They care not to understand the incantations. They only want results.

Why then do we question the gift of speaking in tongues, which is what the devil mimics by giving unto native doctors, ogboni practitioners and occultists the incantations?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by superjaks(m): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2019
My opinion is: goto BIBLE believing church not TONGUE believing church
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ObaKlaz: 11:12am On Feb 10, 2019
HE THAT SPEAKETH IN AN UKNOWN TONGUE SPEAKETH NOT UNTO MEN BUT UNTO GOD... The verse they use to defend their gibberish speaking! How come the early apostles weren't bothered about speaking in 'unknown tongues' but the Holy Ghost gave 'em utterance to speak other human languages that EVERYONE AROUND HEARD AND UNDERSTOOD?? I bet the unknown gibberish we speak in this age amuses even the devil himself and tickles him to rib-cracking laughter, because it's RIDICULOUS. Everybody dey give himself/herself utterance to speak some yeye, unknown gibberish and fake lingua . Mtcheeeew!!

2 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by AllenSpencer: 11:12am On Feb 10, 2019
I speak in tongues when am drunk.

Homeboys always believe am communicating with the brewery

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by apelike1: 11:14am On Feb 10, 2019
BalogunIdowu:
What is the origin of speaking in tongues?

Did jesus did so
nope! Because the criteria to speak in tongues was not meet until he gave his life for we, and that's when the holy spirit takes place in his absence to enable us to speak in tongues
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by groovie(m): 11:15am On Feb 10, 2019
DipoAy:

Find this book: Tongues beyond the upper room, by Kenneth hagin. You will receive the truth of tongues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally / Pastor Adeboye Donates Ambulance To Israel / Oyedepo Releases Prophetic Declarations For 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.