Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Please Help, Want My Freedom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help, Want My Freedom (1893 Views)

I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? / I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, Want My Freedom by Mumadeife: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
Please am 29years old woman with a son though out of wedlock my parent refuse i wont marry the father of my child because his a christian and we have been in relationship for 8yrs and had been of great help to me wen i was in school, i got pregnant 2017 and gave birth last year,i was staying with him when i gave birth because i didnt go to my parent since they didnt ask of me throughout my preg period, though after i gave they came to get me from his house which i refused, my fiancee family accept me wholeheartedly is my parent that didnt want us to be together,but i make sure i send to them on monthly basis as i always do. until last year october one of my brother came from d north beat me up and forcefully took me home, til now am still with my parent.my fiancee family still came for me and d child that want ever they want they insist that i wont get married to him.pls help me out.
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by madridguy(m): 6:17pm On Feb 11, 2019
Could you state exact reason your family ( Parent ) are against your alliance with your boy friend?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by ElsonMorali: 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2019
Sorry for your predicament.

You are a grown adult and the age of consent in Nigeria is 18...I think.

What your family has done is to basically kidnap you.

You may need to call other people who you know to wade into this matter. If possible call your pastor and other elders in your family.

If this doesn't work, please call the police to rescue you. Dial 911 on your phone and report the emergency. I believe it is toll free.

Don't let your family push you to the point of suicide.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Mumadeife: 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2019
All the excuses lies on religion differences and that their family is not good according to them which is a big lie,i have an elder who is adding more to d matter both of us have stopped talking over this issue.have talked to my Pastor And Pray on it and all they said was that i should be patient that miracle will happen
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Mumadeife: 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2019
when it was hot then i wanted to report but some elders told me i should not that d police cant help that they will tell me is a family matter
ElsonMorali:
Sorry for your predicament.

You are a grown adult and the age of consent in Nigeria is 18...I think.

What your family has done is to basically kidnap you.

You may need to call other people who you know to wade into this matter. If possible call your pastor and other elders in your family.

If this doesn't work, please call the police to rescue you. Dial 911 on your phone and report the emergency. I believe it is toll free.

Don't let your family push you to the point of suicide.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by ElsonMorali: 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2019
Mumadeife:
when it was hot then i wanted to report but some elders told me i should not that d police cant help that they will tell me is a family matter

Unfortunately I don't have the number of any women advocacy group.

But if you are on Facebook post your story using this link:

https://m.facebook.com/femaleINFIN/

Or just search for Female In Nigeria group on Facebook and post your story there. You'll get a wider audience of women who might be willing and able to reach out to you and help.

Keep us posted here of your progress.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by elmagnifico411(m): 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2019
Where was your fiancee when your brother came over to his place, beat u up, and forcefully took you away? How come nobody could atop him? Walahi, that your brother needs serious beating. If u love your self , find a way out of that house . you've to stand up for yourself or else the pains will get deeper. U can take your case to office of the public defender at surulere, they should be able to help, or human right peeps at alausa. Still wondery if those peeps are really your parents.
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Mumadeife: 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2019
elmagnifico411:
Where was your fiancee when your brother came over to his place, beat u up, and forcefully took you away? How come nobody could atop him? Walahi, that your brother needs serious beating. If u love your self , find a way out of that house . you've to stand up for yourself or else the pains will get deeper. U can take your case to office of the public defender at surulere, they should be able to help, or human right peeps at alausa. Still wondery if those peeps are really your parents.
My husband was not there when he beat me, that my brother had wedding dat october so i went for dat my brother that beat me up wedding at my parent house becos normally i hadly go to them if not for his wedding i only go there once in a month to check when they complain that i neglect them as parent, it was d day after d wedding he beat me at my parent house there and went to pack my things at his house that nobody married me to him.
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 12, 2019
I feel like weeping for you but unfortunately I cannot weep for a stranger.

Your parent did their best in grooming & sending you to school so that one day, you can atleast be successful & amount to something in life.

I am not surprised some people on the thread are already putting the blame on your brother & parent since that is how their younger/elder sister too was impregnated out of wedlock & turned into an empty basket (apere ajase).

This is another pointer why Nigeria can never ever get better. A 29-year old lady who could barely string a correct sentence together is much more concerned about her freedom rather than being immersed in sober reflections of her wayward behaviour & lifestyle.

Now, you're sending them money hoping to mortgage their conscience & shut them up from ever addressing your abominable transgressions.

If you were my younger sister, I would cut off your head with a machete for bringing shame & disrepute to my family tree and then flee to Russia.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Tomorrow, when your boyfriend starts maltreating you and impregnates another brainless lady due to your worn-out pvssy, where would you run to? Your boyfriend's family?

I'll stop here for now because I'm under the influence of Heineken & Benson boost - lest I tear down you & your bastard baby with my angry anunnaki spirit.

Pacify your parent & siblings until they forgive your stupidity & recklessness, and then compel your boyfriend to carryout the traditional marriage rites if you do not want to perish like a lost dog.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:14am On Feb 12, 2019
Zoharariel:

Your parent did their best in grooming & sending you to school so that one day, you can atleast be successful & amount to something in life.

I am not surprised some people on the thread are already putting the blame on your brother & parent since that is how their younger/elder sister too was impregnated out of wedlock & turned into an empty basket (apere ajase).

This is another pointer why Nigeria can never ever get better. A 29-year old lady who could barely string a correct sentence together is much more concerned about her freedom rather than being immersed in sober reflections of her wayward behaviour & lifestyle.

Now, you're sending them money hoping to mortgage their conscience & shut them up from ever addressing your abominable transgressions.

If you were my younger sister, I would cut off your head with a machete for bringing shame & disrepute to my family tree and then flee to Russia.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Tomorrow, when your boyfriend starts maltreating you and impregnates another brainless lady due to your worn-out pvssy, where would you run to? Your boyfriend's family?

I'll stop here for now because I'm under the influence of Heineken & Benson boost - lest I tear down you & your bastard baby with my angry anunnaki spirit.

Pacify your parent & siblings until they forgive your stupidity & recklessness, and then compel your boyfriend to carryout the traditional marriage rites if you do not want to perish like a lost dog.

God bless you ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by tillaman(m): 8:00am On Feb 12, 2019
Ain’t nobody gonna help you, you have to help yourself, you are 29 yrs of age, you are a grown up and as much as I hate to admit the fact that you said you are a graduate cause I can barely absorb your story! You own your life girl, marry that man and move on with your life, what manner of brother beats up his 29 year Old sister in the public? Look there’s no help coming unless you stand up and handle your shit, I really hope you do else your family will keep playing with your future! Some families and religion marginalization though.
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Evangkatsoulis: 8:13am On Feb 12, 2019
Mumadeife:
Please am 29years aold woman with a son though out of wedlock and not that i want it to be that but my parent i wont marry the father of my child because his a christian and we have been in relationship for 8yrs and had been of great help to me wen i was in school and all d time. i got pregnant 2017 and gave birth last year,during my pregnancy period my parent said they disown me and didnt ask of me because serving then, they didnt ask of me and always send money to them every months but whenever i called they wont pick throughout the period, then i gave birth at my fiancee's house and his family accept me wholeheartedly is my parent that didnt want us to be.after i gave birth they can to take me from his place which i refused and they left again so i stayed with the father of my child with my baby for 6months, until last year october one of my brother beat me up when he came home and forcefully took me home, til now am still with my parent.my fiancee family still came for they still refuse.pls help me out.

stop sending money to them?
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by tabithababy(f): 9:16am On Feb 12, 2019
Zoharariel:

You are very very correct

Some people even ask her to leave her own family and stop sending money to them angry

Madam you are not married yet, you are still his baby mama and your parent are not happy about it

Listen to your parent and make them happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Mumadeife: 10:27am On Feb 12, 2019
Zohahariel,u are very stupid for that statement.you wont understand any of the issue, u believe what u want to believe am not a wayward lady. is ur sister that is a slut, i started taking care of my needs since i finished secondary school.did u know how i completed my school u have no idea, and mind u my husband family are ready to perform their right on me even before i got to know am pregnant is my parent that refused, even when i was pregnant they came to my parent on several occasions which they still refuse.so please minds ur words.Post for advice not for fools like u to start insulting if u dont av anything reasonable to say pls keep mute

5 Likes

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Sawzer(m): 10:35am On Feb 12, 2019
Zoharariel:

...and then flee to Russia... LOL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Anonymous29: 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
Mumadeife:
All the excuses lies on religion differences and that their family is not good according to them which is a big lie,i have an elder who is adding more to d matter both of us have stopped talking over this issue.have talked to my Pastor And Pray on it and all they said was that i should be patient that miracle will happen

You said religion differences..... From your right up your baby's father is a Christian and you also wrote abt praying with your pastor. That means you are both Christians.
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by missyojo(f): 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2019
Poster, please kindly learn to write a correct sentence next time. Can't really comprehend what you are saying and you coming to a public forum to seek for advice without getting what you are saying is somehow because those that really wants to give advice won't know what to write when they can barely read what you wrote. Cheers!!!
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Mumadeife: 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2019
i was once a muslim, converted year 2015 Not because My Boyfriend But The Love In Christian.He Didnt Force Me To D Religion I Personally Did In 2015 But Was Not Practicing It Until Year 2017
Anonymous29:

You said religion differences..... From your right up your baby's father is a Christian and you also wrote abt praying with your pastor. That means you are both Christians.
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by blank(f): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
Zoharariel:

People like this exist that believe in honor killing. God help Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Anonymous29: 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2019
Mumadeife:
i was once a muslim, converted year 2015 Not because My Boyfriend But The Love In Christian.He Didnt Force Me To D Religion I Personally Did In 2015 But Was Not Practicing It Until Year 2017

But your parents are still Muslims? In as much as you want to be with your baby's daddy you shouldn't dismiss your family. Find a way to balance it may be by involving elders from the family. Above all don't disrespect them just be patient! Take care.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by izzou(m): 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2019
Heaven knows I can't have a problem and bring it to nairaland

Some comments here are just terrible
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
What stopped you from getting your brother arrested ?
You are old enough to be with who you want but make sure you have what it takes to eat the fruit of whatever happens in the relationship
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by akaahs(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
Zoharariel:

The same set of individual will look the other way when the said lady is from the other religion. Ur hatred nd religion intolerance is the reason y Nigeria is where it is right now. I'm not supporting her leaving with a man not married to her but ur comments isn't encouraging.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by akaahs(m): 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2019
Mumadeife:
Zohahariel,u are very stupid for that statement.you wont understand any of the issue, u believe what u want to believe am not a wayward lady. is ur sister that is a slut, i started taking care of my needs since i finished secondary school.did u know how i completed my school u have no idea, and mind u my husband family are ready to perform their right on me even before i got to know am pregnant is my parent that refused, even when i was pregnant they came to my parent on several occasions which they still refuse.so please minds ur words.Post for advice not for fools like u to start insulting if u dont av anything reasonable to say pls keep mute
Just take it easy madam, don't decent so low to its level

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by elmagnifico411(m): 11:18pm On Feb 13, 2019
Mumadeife:
My husband was not there when he beat me, that my brother had wedding dat october so i went for dat my brother that beat me up wedding at my parent house becos normally i hadly go to them if not for his wedding i only go there once in a month to check when they complain that i neglect them as parent, it was d day after d wedding he beat me at my parent house there and went to pack my things at his house that nobody married me to him.
is your child's name Adeife? My first son bears Adeife too.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by mankettle(m): 7:07am On Feb 25, 2019
without assuming what was not expressly stated.
you are an adult with a job. so you MUST stand on your feet and make your own decisions.
so far they didn't use padlock to lock the door, just step out. you can forget your things.
as for the marriage rites.. you are an adult, parental consent is not mandatory.
as to her lifestyle, she has been with him for over 8 years since she was 21 so I believe she had the right to choose whoever she wanted to be with.
I remember once I had an oversabi uncle who came to my house to shout at me, I asked him 2 questions if he was paying my rent or feeding me? if not he should pack his leg and leave my house immediately or I will call the police. when he hit me, I reported at the station. I have since been branded a bad Child but do I care? no, the message had been passed.
Re: Please Help, Want My Freedom by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2019
missyojo:
Poster, please kindly learn to write a correct sentence next time. Can't really comprehend what you are saying and you coming to a public forum to seek for advice without getting what you are saying is somehow because those that really wants to give advice won't know what to write when they can barely read what you wrote. Cheers!!!

Sometimes it is better to say/type nothing
Stop glorifying your language of subjugation, our dear, old, everything Mz Englisangry
Besides it is in poor taste to correct peoples’ grammar (should she attend grammar classes now now?). It is a form of bullying. I understood what she posted, and I am sure many did too
I hope you speak and write your native language very well, cos that is you, never the Angrish
SMH

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Inverter Battery Set Not Lasting Long? / Why Do Most Men Die In Families And Marriages? / Uncooperative Wife, Advise Needed Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.