Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? (1924 Views)

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) / "I Bought Plastic Fake Fish That Refused To Cook" - Man / See 4 Of The Easiest Foods To Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2019
Hello everyone, I grew up in a house full of girls,and I've lived nearly all my life with them...they do the cooking themselves, and due to that I never took interest in learning how to cook,after all my mama dey there....but now its really affecting me,am even scared of cooking, I have this inner fear in me of making mistakes....pls how can I learn how to cook,no insults please

1 Like

Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 12:13am On Feb 12, 2019
futurist369:
Hello everyone, I grew up in a house full of girls,and I've lived nearly all my life with them...they do the cooking themselves, and due to that I never took interest in learning how to cook,after all my mama dey there....but now its really affecting me,am even scared of cooking, I have this inner fear in me of making mistakes....pls how can I learn how to cook,no insults please
Have you tried YouTube videos ??

Just watch different videos of what you want to cook on YouTube, then follow the one with the simplest method...it's easy to learn that way ( because many of them tend to exaggerate on the ingredients and method of preparation )

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by aydelicious: 2:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
futurist369:
Hello... I have this inner fear in me of making mistakes....pls how can I learn how to cook,no insults please
i just want to tell you that ,there is noting to far about cooking ,cooking is about expressing the stage of your mind and how you are feeling as you are cooking,cooking is interesting,is that understand?
if you want to know how to cook ,
their are few things you need to know about cooking,
do you want to know it?
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by phyl123: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
Start from the simplest food, master it and move on to the next. e.g boiling rice, yam , plantain then move on to making stew and soups etc.
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
phyl123:
Start from the simplest food, master it and move on to the next. e.g boiling rice, yam , plantain then move on to making stew and soups etc.
What would he eat the plain rice or yam with ??

It's better he starts with one pot meals like concoction rice, asaro, porridge beans...
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by phyl123: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
Mariangeles:

It's better he starts with one pot meals like concoction rice, asaro, porridge beans...

You don't have to take every statement literally, the op said he wants to learn how to cook, not that he hasn't got any food to eat.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2019
phyl123:

You don't have to take every statement literally, the op said he wants to learn how to cook, not that he hasn't got any food to eat.
Yeah....we're still on the same page I believe
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2019
aydelicious:

i just want to tell you that ,there is noting to far about cooking ,cooking is about expressing the stage of your mind and how you are feeling as you are cooking,cooking is interesting,is that understand?
if you want to know how to cook ,
their are few things you need to know about cooking,
do you want to know it?
yes dear,I want to know
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
Mariangeles:

I can cook white rice and concoction rice also.....
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
futurist369:
I can cook white rice and concoction rice also.....
Can you cook porridge beans ??
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2019
Mariangeles:
Can you cook porridge beans ??
no I can't.... But I need to learn the basics before I enter that stage
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 8:08pm On Feb 13, 2019
futurist369:
no I can't.... But I need to learn the basics before I enter that stage
Can I teach you ??
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
Mariangeles:
Can I teach you ??
yes dearie I really don't mind
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by aydelicious: 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
futurist369:
yes dear,I want to know
good,
1,you need to free mind and keep tell yourself that noting to fear at then you need to put interest in coking.
You now need to start coking small food.
which kind of food you need to use to start with,? boiling of row eggs then with fried of plantain then cook plane beans and then plane white rice ,if you want to start with by adding salt ,2level of teaspoon of salt go with 400g of what you want to cook
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2019
aydelicious:

good,
1,you need to free mind and keep tell yourself that noting to fear at then you need to put interest in coking.
You now need to start coking small food.
which kind of food you need to use to start with,? boiling of row eggs then with fried of plantain then cook plane beans and then plane white rice ,if you want to start with by adding salt ,2level of teaspoon of salt go with 400g of what you want to cook
thank you....very much
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
futurist369:
yes dearie I really don't mind
Do you want the lessons here or on WhatsApp ??
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 13, 2019
Mariangeles:
Do you want the lessons here or on WhatsApp ??
I want it here dear
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
futurist369:
I want it here dear
OK.
So any meal you need help with just mention me .
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2019
Mariangeles:
OK.
So any meal you need help with just mention me .
spaghetti dear
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by phyl123: 4:44pm On Feb 14, 2019
futurist369:
spaghetti dear

This is a very quick pasta dish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2EfsSWJ-4g
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 5:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
futurist369:
spaghetti dear

Spaghetti and sauce or jollof spaghetti ??
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
Mariangeles:

Spaghetti and sauce or jollof spaghetti ??
the latter dear
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 9:22am On Feb 15, 2019
futurist369:
the latter dear
OK!
This is a simple but tasty spaghetti jollof recipe.
For one pack of spaghetti, you're going to need :

Vegetable oil
5-6 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
One 70g of tomato paste
One medium sized onion, chopped
4 scotch bonnet peppers ( ata rodo), chopped
4 tablespoons ground crayfish
2 seasoning cubes
Salt

Method:
In a pot of water, add a teaspoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of oil, allow to boil before putting in your already broken spaghetti ( please do not wash your spaghetti)

Allow to cook for 20mins
After 20mins, taste to check if it's as soft as you would want ( you can leave it for little bit more time if you want)

After it's cooked, pour into a sieve and set aside to allow it drain
Put your pot back on the fire, then add 3cooking spoonful of oil
When the oil is heated, add your chopped onion, allow it to fry a little bit, then add your tomato paste
Keep stirring to prevent it from burning.
When the oil has turned red, then add your fresh chopped tomatoes and peppers
Stir and allow to fry for about 10-15 mins
Add your crayfish and seasoning cubes
Stir the sauce very well before adding your already cooked spaghetti
Add a little salt to your taste and stir till well mixed ( still on the fire)
While stirring, if you find out it's burning, just lower the heat

Your jollof spaghetti is ready!
You can eat it with any protein of your choice ( Meat, chicken, fish or eggs)

Please let me know how it goes .
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by aydelicious: 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2019
futurist369:
thank you....very much
you are welcome ,don't just worry yourself ,and then just have it in you mind that nothing you can not cook
,we are born to lean :okay!?
i'm somehow busy ,whenever i'm free, i will teach you some method you can use to cook very well,take care of yourself and vote for good candidate of your choice,bye!!!
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
Mariangeles:
OK!

Vegetable oil
One 70g of tomato paste
2 seasoning cubes
Salt

Method:
In a pot of water, add a teaspoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of oil, allow to boil before putting in your already broken spaghetti ( please do not wash your spaghetti)

Allow to cook for 20mins
After 20mins, taste to check if it's as soft as you would want ( you can leave it for little bit more time if you want)

When the oil is heated, add your chopped onion, allow it to fry a little bit, then add your tomato paste

thank you dear.....you deserve a kiss
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2019
aydelicious:

you are welcome ,don't just worry yourself ,and then just have it in you mind that nothing you can not cook
,we are born to lean :okay!?
i'm somehow busy ,whenever i'm free, i will teach you some method you can use to cook very well,take care of yourself and vote for good candidate of your choice,bye!!!
ESE gan
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by olojuede01: 8:38am On Feb 22, 2019
Mariangeles:
OK!

Vegetable oil
One 70g of tomato paste
2 seasoning cubes
Salt

Method:

Allow to cook for 20mins

Did you just say 20 minutes to cook pasta and 15mins to stir fry? Na oatmeal u wan chop ni. Cook time of pasta should not exceed 8-10 mins. stir fry time should not exceed 5-8mins. anything more will make it soggy
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2019
olojuede01:

Did you just say 20 minutes to cook pasta and 15mins to stir fry? Na oatmeal u wan chop ni. Cook time of pasta should not exceed 8-10 mins. stir fry time should not exceed 5-8mins. anything more will make it soggy
When you're not cooking noodles...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by olojuede01: 11:38pm On Feb 22, 2019
Mariangeles:
When you're not cooking noodles...
U cook noodles for 10 mins shocked shocked shocked
Chai.. Anyway sha everyone get as e dey pay am. Even read the directions on the pack of the pasta. 10-12mins
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mariangeles(f): 12:28am On Feb 23, 2019
olojuede01:
U cook noodles for 10 mins shocked shocked shocked
Chai.. Anyway sha everyone get as e dey pay am. Even read the directions on the pack of the pasta. 10-12mins
When it comes to cooking, males follow instructions, while females use their intuition.

Because it's written on the pack doesn't mean it's accurate .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:52am On Feb 23, 2019
olojuede01:

Wrong. Are u sure you can cook?
Re: How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook? by olojuede01: 11:59am On Feb 23, 2019
Mariangeles:
When it comes to cooking, males follow instructions, while females use their intuition.

Because it's written on the pack doesn't mean it's accurate .
Hmmmm. Na wa oo. I no go too talk. Before una begin dey take am personal. Whatever works for you is fine. I must have you know though that i dont just cook regular things i also create recipes. All in all sha na as e pay u make u take cook and chop am grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Quick Meal For You: Based On Noodles / Your Akara(beans Cake) & Moi-moi, Made Easier Wit My Beans Flour. / FOOD AND SPICES; How To Make Home Made Boli And Health Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.