Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu (25546 Views)

Security Has Improved In Nigeria Since I Assumed Office – Tinubu / 100 Days In Office: Tinubu’s On Right Track — Adedeji / See The Look On Buhari's Face As Amosun Begs The Angry Crowd At Ogun APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by chieyine(m): 1:06am On Feb 13, 2019
@Naija Politico

An All Progressives Congress (APC) National Leader, Sen. Bola Tinubu, says the recent attack on the APC rally in Ogun was disrespectful to the office of the Nigerian President.

Tinubu lamented in a statement by his Special Adviser, Media, Mr Tunde Rahman on Tuesday in Lagos, that the attack could have potentially harmed the person of the President.
He was reacting to the APC rally in Ogun on Monday where some APC leaders were attacked.

”An incident did actually occur at the Ogun State APC rally, but it is not the one PDP has concocted.

”The true incident that should be reported and condemned is that people who oppose the party and the president tried to infiltrate and disrupt the rally.

”The attack by these operatives is disrespectful of the office of the president and could have potentially harmed the person of the president.

“Such antics have no place in our political discourse. The author of these misdeeds should desist before real harm is done.”

Tinubu said he had no plans of leaving the party as being insinuated by some reports based on a video clip from the Ogun rally.

In the video, Tinubu was alleged to be seen throwing the party’s flag at the presidential rally.

He, however, accused the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of framing the video clip to mean that he was throwing away the party’s flag.

According to him, he remains ‘Gidigba’ (solid) in the governing party.

” If the issue of the flag has become the hotspot of the PDP campaign, then they are in serious trouble.

“During that portion of the Ogun rally, the National Chairman and others were looking for a party flag.

”I spotted one within my reach. I picked it up and attempted to toss it to the National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole so that the Chairman can present it to the party’s gubernatorial candidate, Prince Dapo Abiodun.

“If you want to fault me for anything in this matter, your critique can only be limited to the accuracy of my toss.

“Any attempt to enlarge the episode beyond this is fiction and mischief writ large, ” he said.

Tinubu said he was committed to the party and had been hard at work for the victory of the APC and all of its candidates in the upcoming elections.

“As the National Leader. It is unthinkable that I will leave the party. Moreover, there is no reason for me to do so.

“I understand the bigger picture. I know what is at stake in this election.

”Either the nation moves forward along the progressive path of the APC or it will be forced to retreat into the ills of the past created by the PDP.

”With the nation’s future hanging in the balance, I will not allow myself to be deterred by petty mischief.

”After the election, I will be there celebrating the APC and this nation’s victory over those who will prevent us our rightful future,” he said.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/attack-at-ogun-apc-rally-disrespect-to-presidents-office-tinubu/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by slivertongue: 1:10am On Feb 13, 2019
by Saturday APC will experience the worst form of disrespect when they will be rejected at the polling booth

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by chieyine(m): 1:20am On Feb 13, 2019
grin
Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by KanwuliaExtra: 1:41am On Feb 13, 2019
Your APC wahala sah! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:49am On Feb 13, 2019
hmmmmm disrespect ke...not only that but a total show of shame to the leaders of the APC

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Larryfest(m): 2:12am On Feb 13, 2019
What can be more disrespectful to the office of the President than the president himself handing over the Presidential campaign flag to another person

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by sorom4: 2:15am On Feb 13, 2019
You can't reject the food that you cooked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Hector09(m): 2:38am On Feb 13, 2019
No matter what, its nt fair to stone and haul insult on the president

4 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Mynd44: 3:17am On Feb 13, 2019
Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by peeddy(m): 3:22am On Feb 13, 2019
If there's any party known for disrespect to the president's seat is the APC. life is a karma, so enjoy your part with joy. APC wants to eat their cake, clean their mouth and still have it back in style

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Tizu(m): 4:44am On Feb 13, 2019
Tell Tinubu to shut up both him and his Agberos Peoples Congress APC
Atiku is the answer to their clueleesness

11 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by diablos: 5:23am On Feb 13, 2019
The President's office has been disrespected ever since 2015, the year the dullard was sworn in to occupy it. There was nothing disrespectful in the lifeless one being bood and stoned in ogun, it was just a milder way of showing the clueless one what would happen in the future should he lose to AtikuObi and refuse to delete from asorock.

7 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by ebuk4real(m): 5:38am On Feb 13, 2019
grin

These APC people can't just stop FOOLING themselves..

5 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by dunkem21(m): 5:44am On Feb 13, 2019

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 6:37am On Feb 13, 2019
REFLECTION ON THE CHAOS AT THE OGUN APC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN RALLY

Setting a precedent is dangerous. The stoning and shaming of elders and leaders is inappropriate and indefensible. At any point something wrong was done by our misguided youth or party supporters, we should forcefully condemn it, regardless of who was affected, and regardless of the political affiliation of the victim.

The incident at the APC presidential campaign rally in Ogun State yesterday was a national embararrassment. Angry party supporters openly jeered at the National Chairman of the Party, "Comrade" Adams Oshiomhole and called him "ole"(thief) in the very presence of President Muhammadu Buhari and other party leaders. This was something the President couldn't have bargained for.

We should totally condemn this unruly and disrespectful behaviour. Our refusal to condemn evil today because of political convenience may haunt us or affect us in the future.

When former President Jonathan's convoy was violently pelted with stones by Northern youth sympathetic to the then opposition APC during the 2015 presidential campaign, the party leaders didn't forcefully condemn the action of their supporters because it suited their narratives of presenting Jonathan as "unpopular."

Such logic had no merit or wisdom attached to it. Jonathan was the President of the country and therefore he deserved respect. His office transcends partisanship because he was the leader of the country. When your youth disrespect leaders, it should be condemned by leaders of all parties. A key APC leader called Jonathan "shashasha"(a fool), thereby encouraging the youth to disrespect leaders and, in particular, the office the President.

Under no circumstances should we tolerate disrespect for our leaders. But once we set a precedent, we can't predict it outcomes. It is like throwing a stone in the air. You never can tell where it might fall. What APC leaders tolerated yesterday because it was politically convenient is now happening to them in their own house. I saw an APC leader appealing desperately to unruly supporters, saying: "Please, I beg you in the name of God, don't disgrace me, our father is here." It is very sad! When you ignore rascality against your opponents, you may ultimately taste the same bitter pills when your turn comes.

10 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by anonymuz(m): 6:51am On Feb 13, 2019
That happened because everyone has seen the failure of APC rulers.

4 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Lush100(m): 7:55am On Feb 13, 2019
wow.......see who is talking about respect abi is the milk now "unexpired"?!!!

13 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:38am On Feb 13, 2019
SAI BABA WE KNOW.
SAI BABA WE LOVE.
SAI BABA WE WANT.

SAI BABA ALL THE WAY...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by yjgm(m): 8:39am On Feb 13, 2019
The jagaban has spoken.

5 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Racoon(m): 8:39am On Feb 13, 2019
cheesy You all set the trend when anything APC denigrated the person and office of the president in the pre-2015 era all in the inordinate quest to attain power which thereafter you guys lack what to do with same.

Well, whatsoever goes around not only comes around but also stays around.Karma is a bitch.You all will be well serve.

6 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Kclique: 8:40am On Feb 13, 2019
You neva chi chumting.
When you were talking tough, you didn't reason you were setting the place on fire.
What goes around comes around.

4 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by cooldipo(m): 8:40am On Feb 13, 2019
So what you gonna do?
Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by datopaper(m): 8:40am On Feb 13, 2019
APC is a charade

5 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by RTSC: 8:41am On Feb 13, 2019
This tinubu eh.

With The kind of enemies he has ammased, his fall will be great.
Even his loyalists don't like him.

6 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by ArmaniUhuru: 8:41am On Feb 13, 2019
Stoning a sitting president is very wrong tongue.

(let me follow them and pretend like the stoning no sweet me. grin grin grin

grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by Omeokachie: 8:41am On Feb 13, 2019
May the lives of your enemies by like the showing of the APC at their Ogun state campaign rally!

Oya egba aduaa! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by fixedagree: 8:43am On Feb 13, 2019
Have you been loosing?
Here is something you've never seen before.
Get 100% fixed football matches and win as much as can. Matches are available for pay after win.
Whatsapp now before free trial ends. 0903-604-9949
Re: Attack At Ogun APC Rally Disrespect To President’s Office – Tinubu by kennosklint(m): 8:43am On Feb 13, 2019
Useless old man.we don't want u in PDP

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Primary: Buhari To Take Final Decision As Govs Failed To Reach Consensus / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Police Arrests Maryam Abubakar For Supplying Sex workers To Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.