Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock (21968 Views)

Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock / EndSARS: Lagos Panel Awards Another ₦91 Million To Police Brutality Victims / Nigeria Overtakes India As Number 1 In World's Poverty Rating - Brookings Instit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by knaikky(m): 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2019
diadem10:
NBS says Nigeria GDP is looking good despite the global crude oil price recess which is making Buhari earn 60% less revenue than Jonathan administration. That's all that matters and not some ragtag journalist.

Despite Buhari administration earning 60% less yet he's come up with plenty projects such as

Our railways at itakpewarri, Lagos-ibadan, kaduna-abuja etc,

The production of low cost fertilizers,

Zik maoseleum

Baro inland port,

Rice mills,

Foreign reserve increase from #26b to #43b,

Construction of our express highways such as enuguonitsha, Lagos-ibadan etc.

Social policy schemes such as tradermoni, npower etc

And most especially, stabilizing us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari coupled with the fall in the price of crude oil from #110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry #50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while having many projects to his name thereby surprising Ngozi Iweala and Charles Soludo who predicted recession because jonathan failed to save during the time of plentiful.

Sai Baba. PDP, Neva again

All the above project listed which one u think will improve the economy of a country? In 4years?? Buhari spent 3years of his administration in hospital, he became well when it's election year.
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by SalamRushdie: 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2019
kutchs:

Really?
Is that how you see it?
1. When PDP took over in 1999 a bag of rice sold at #2500 but left it at #7500 in 2015. That a period of 16 years but in just 3 years Buhari has taken it to #22500. With PDP there was a #5000/increment in 16 years but with APC there's a #15000 increment in just 3 years.
Tell me who's more rascal and clueless.
At this rate a bag of rice will sell for #100000 should APC spend the next 16 years in power.

Do the same for the other items you listed and see how bleak the situation is.

God bless u
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by 9jaRealist: 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2019
This so-called "World Poverty Clock" is a whole lot of HOGWASH!

I realize that it serves the interest of some to simply regurgitate this narrative, but for apolitical types like us seeking useful empirical tools the only scenario in which this is even remotely valid is that extremely-poor people in Nigeria never die and nobody ever moves up the income ladder. Furthermore, NOBODY knows the population of Nigeria, so how can these Parachute Analysts know the population of any segment within? We need to generate better and more reliable data in Nigeria rather than keep pulling numbers out of the nether regions.

1 Like

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by BigBashiru: 11:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
mcjibs22:
when both options are not favourable is it not better you sell ur vote? than vote ur conscious and still suffer later? pdp and apc whats tge difference

qoute me at ur own peril

There's a 3rd option Sowore. Don't say he can't win cos he will.

1 Like

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by diadem10: 11:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
kernel001:

I thought you said there was Oil boom during Obasanjo's time? I'm using just one tenure to measure Buhari's one tenure. We were over 130 million people with $2 billion reserve and fuel was selling for N20.

Why did Buhari's government ran into recession during 1983?

Obasanjo led for 8 years and oil price stealthily kept rising within that period. Even the first four years of Obasanjo that you posted showed that oil price rose. That was good enough when you consider that money had value then and in his second tenure, oil price rose every higher.

Stupid heads can't fathom this. You can't be a supporter of Atiku and be sane
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by j1mmy: 12:12am On Feb 15, 2019
Bakeroy:

Next Level will be 175 Million people.
Yes, as long as Nigerians keep producing children they cannot feed poverty will rise...nothing to do with government, simple commonsense!

1 Like

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by kernel001: 12:23am On Feb 15, 2019
diadem10:

Obasanjo led for 8 years and oil price stealthily kept rising within that period. Even the first four years of Obasanjo that you posted showed that oil price rose. That was good enough when you consider that money had value then and in his second tenure, oil price rose every higher.

Stupid heads can't fathom this. You can't be a supporter of Atiku and be sane

Illiteracy kills. Can't you take average of crude oil price during Obasanjo's first tenure as standard, it's $22.

2019* $60.52
2018- $71.19
2017 $54.15
2016 $43.74

Average earnings per year during Buhari's tenure is $57, why is Buhari crying of lack of money then?

Secondly, I'm not your Economics teacher, at least pay me for schooling you. It took PDP 16 years managing Naira in 1999 at $1 to 20 Naira to 145 Naira per Dollar in 2015.
But Buhari couldn't manage it, but landed it to 500 Naira per Dollar, it was during Buhari's medicals in London, that Osibanjo brought it to 350 Naira per Dollar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by ibabz(m): 12:24am On Feb 15, 2019
Very unfortunately, your level of zombie is unredeemable. I'm not even sure you were born before 1999. However for your information, a bag of rice was N8000 in 2015; N4000 in 1999. One dollar (black market) was N160 in 2015; N178 in 1999. Abacha's N20 to a dollar was not available to anyone. Go and read, #lazyyouth
SocialFinance:

Before you shout Buhari and APC;

PDP CREATED POVERTY.....

This analysis below is important to common man.... who are majority Voters in this 2019 elections.....

1. They said when Buhari took over from them a bag of rice was N11,500 but they took over when it was N2,500

2. They said when Buhari took over from them ltr of petrol was N87 but they took over when it was N11.

3. They said when Buhari took over from them $1 was N235 but they took over when it was N20.

4. They said when Buhari took over from them a bag of cement was N2,000 but they took over when it was N400.

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by Chukwudozzie(m): 12:33am On Feb 15, 2019
Guy stop these lies,

1. The construction of rail ways was paid in full with purchase of trains by the GEJ Administration (PDP)
2. Low cost fertilizers have always been in production.
3. Is it the same Onistha enugu expressway that is a sure bet to get stroke.... Ha

diadem10:
NBS says Nigeria GDP is looking good despite the global crude oil price recess which is making Buhari earn 60% less revenue than Jonathan administration. That's all that matters and not some ragtag journalist.

Despite Buhari administration earning 60% less yet he's come up with plenty projects such as

Our railways at itakpewarri, Lagos-ibadan, kaduna-abuja etc,

The production of low cost fertilizers,

Zik maoseleum

Baro inland port,

Rice mills,

Foreign reserve increase from #26b to #43b,

Construction of our express highways such as enuguonitsha, Lagos-ibadan etc.

Social policy schemes such as tradermoni, npower etc

And most especially, stabilizing us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari coupled with the fall in the price of crude oil from #110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry #50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while having many projects to his name thereby surprising Ngozi Iweala and Charles Soludo who predicted recession because jonathan failed to save during the time of plentiful.

Sai Baba. PDP, Neva again
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by purem(m): 12:33am On Feb 15, 2019
theenchanter:
All this extreme poverty things sef..... all na wash.

I dont spend 693naira daily and I'm not living in poverty, talkless of extreme poverty. Make we hear word jare.

Bros na ur own u knw o. For some weeks now I can't even remember the day I have 500 hundred naira in my pocket. (lol, I no even geh wallet sef undecided)

But bros u fit still bless my account o, na zero point seventeen naira dey dia (0.17) shocked embarassed
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by diadem10: 12:37am On Feb 15, 2019
kernel001:

Illiteracy kills. Can't you take average of crude oil price during Obasanjo's first tenure as standard, it's $22.

2019* $60.52
2018- $71.19
2017 $54.15
2016 $43.74

Average earnings per year during Buhari's tenure is $57, why is Buhari crying of lack of money then?

Secondly, I'm not your Economics teacher, at least pay me for schooling you. It took PDP 16 years managing Naira in 1999 at $1 to 20 Naira to 145 Naira per Dollar in 2015.
But Buhari couldn't manage it, but landed it to 500 Naira per Dollar, it was during Buhari's medicals in London, that Osibanjo brought it to 350 Naira per Dollar.

This one thinks I'm a little child that can be bamboozled with lies like Obiliar has been doing. Lol.

The stats of Oil price sale in each year is all here: https://www.statista.com/statistics/262858/change-in-opec-crude-oil-prices-since-1960/#0

All this affirmed my claims and disprove your stupid lies.

Besides in 2015 when Jonathan left office, naira to dollar rate was at 190 and then, oil was still selling a bit higher than 80 between January to February. That's not forgetting the many bills passed by Jonathan after he lost the election which showed that Jonathan even looted more money after he conceded election defeat before his handing over in May.

You can't be a supporter of PDP and be sane.
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by diadem10: 12:43am On Feb 15, 2019
Chukwudozzie:
Guy stop these lies,

1. The construction of rail ways was paid in full with purchase of trains by the GEJ Administration (PDP)
2. Low cost fertilizers have always been in production.
3. Is it the same Onistha enugu expressway that is a sure bet to get stroke.... Ha

Ole, who paid the counterpart fund to cofund with the Chinese like it should be if not Buhari? Jonathan thought he don see Chinese maga to fool and that was why the project has been stalling for years.

Like Jonathan, like his supporters. Liars and Ole
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by Acidosis(m): 12:57am On Feb 15, 2019
theenchanter:
All this extreme poverty things sef..... all na wash.

I dont spend 693naira daily and I'm not living in poverty, talkless of extreme poverty. Make we hear word jare.

Calculate your living expense for a day, include rent, soap, water, recharge card, internet data, pay tv, food, cost of fuel, electricity, transportation, donation, etc. and come back to tell us the result.

When extreme poverty hits you, you won't even see N5 in cash to spend in a day.

Do you know by paying annual rent of 365k, it means you spend N1k daily on rent?
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by grandstar(m): 12:58am On Feb 15, 2019
urahara:

Because during oil boom of the 80s , no one saved , and despite that , when obj came to power and met an empty treasury , our economic growth was still averaging 7 to 8 percent despite the fact that he even met oil prices at 40 dollars

Oil prices were actually lower, around $20

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by ofwest47(m): 1:13am On Feb 15, 2019
The level of corruption in Nigeria after the discovery of oil in 1956 has always reaches its high levels. re collect Sam Amuka Pemu aka Sad Sam the chief executive of Vanguard news paper's comment on ten years of independence when he said" In the ten years of independent " oil flowed blood flowed the men of the people chop until the redeemer of the people came but Alas we just exchange monkey for baboons. and since the last 20 years of civil administration it has been looting and looting
all the way.
Nigeria is said to be the 6th richest oil producing countries in the world and at the same time Nigeria has the largest multi millionaires in the world and yet Nigera is the poorest country in the world. your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by Rossikki: 1:18am On Feb 15, 2019
talisman35:
Idon't believe in this figure,If 91 million NIgeria is living in poverty what is actual population of Nigeria.

Don't mind those useless oyinbo people and their fake statistics.
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by SalamRushdie: 1:24am On Feb 15, 2019
Rossikki:

So Oyibo statistics is now fake
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 15, 2019
No thanks to the lifeless & redundant sadist!

I can't wait to un-vote the nuisance!
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by einsteine(m): 1:48am On Feb 15, 2019
talisman35:
Idon't believe in this figure,If 91 million NIgeria is living in poverty what is actual population of Nigeria.

Even corps members earn below that amount. Nigeria is over 170 million and yes a significant amount of people earn less than 20000 a month. Even in Lagos go to the slums in Oworo and Makoko

1 Like

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by einsteine(m): 1:49am On Feb 15, 2019
Rossikki:

Youth corps members earn less than 20k. Many primary school teachers earn less than that. You guys don't know the extent of poverty in this country

1 Like

Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by BigBashiru: 1:50am On Feb 15, 2019
Why does Buhari always read from a pre-written script??
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by Myde4naija(m): 2:15am On Feb 15, 2019
kassidy4luvGEJ:
I weep for Nigeria..........

How did we get here.
as if you are any better before now
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by TosinKate(f): 2:21am On Feb 15, 2019
Nawah oo... Almost 60-65% of the total population. Only the masses suffer! N-power and trader money belong to the masses while CBN, FIRs and others belong to the individuals on the other side. I just wish for a better Nigeria!
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by Chaleso: 2:47am On Feb 15, 2019
I wonder if you reason thru your nose. So in your widest belief, all these problems are caused by Buhari within 3 years? Please may I know the metrics on which you based your judgement? Haters!
NaijaRoyalty:
So sad

Buhari really destroyed this country

Lalasticlala Oam4J
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by chozzy: 3:32am On Feb 15, 2019
phelonrays:
another big achievement of Apc

last year when the bomb shield was drop India went back and think of a strategic way to reduce theirs but this stupid government were here blaming the past administration without taking a step to show commitment.......... now look at India they have reduced theirs significantly ...while ours sky rocket to 93 million between 5months.............i don't know what to call you if you still support this blur government after all this revelation...

with this take a look of the NEXT LEVEL you are shouting up and down....... God won't forgive you if you vote this government even though they win or not..
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by PURITYAUTOZ: 3:38am On Feb 15, 2019
SocialFinance:

PDP CREATED POVERTY.....

This analysis below is important to common man.... who are majority Voters in this 2019 elections.....

1. They said when Buhari took over from them a bag of rice was N11,500 but they took over when it was N2,500

2. They said when Buhari took over from them ltr of petrol was N87 but they took over when it was N11.

3. They said when Buhari took over from them $1 was N235 but they took over when it was N20.

4. They said when Buhari took over from them a bag of cement was N2,000 but they took over when it was N400.

At least it took them 16solid years to increase the prices abi and now that APC took over what happened... Go rest joor you have no point
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by Cmeo(m): 4:25am On Feb 15, 2019
Hmmm, they have come with their data again to make things work in their favour.

These oyinbo people know that very few Africans know how to analyse and interpret data to RESPOND. Most Africans hear figures to REACT and that is why they release figures bad figures when Africans want to take crucial decisions that may affect them.

What all of us might not know is that an average Westerner is poorer than an average African, if you divide what they (their country's produce - GDP) to their country's owings and share it on its citizens.
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by igbobabe02: 5:28am On Feb 15, 2019
The poorest are in the north.
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by Albinoflash(m): 5:45am On Feb 15, 2019
Bmg=buhari must go
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by trillville(m): 5:53am On Feb 15, 2019
SocialFinance:

PDP CREATED POVERTY.....

PDP met minimum wage at 1500 and took it to 18500.
Buhari has failed to increase minimum wage even though prices of everyday items have gone up. this has pushed many into extreme poverty
Re: 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock by CoolAmbience(m): 5:56am On Feb 15, 2019
Esseite:

Don't re-enforce failure... their is no excuse

What nonsense is this one saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected / Police Refuse To Bring Sowore, Others For Ruling On Bail Application / Senate Passes Bill To Scrap FERMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.