Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,667 members, 7,851,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:12 PM

30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly (3273 Views)

Being 30 And Single Lady, How Do You Cope With Pressures From The Society? / SINGLES: The Solution To Your Body Pain Is Not Sex Says Nigerian Pastor / The Ugly Side Of Being An Extremely Beautiful Lady (true Life Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
ubunja:
so what's your favorite xvideos category? MILF?
lwkm
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by jidobaba(m): 9:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
WORDWORLD:

Perhaps you zeroed downed this financial cost only to what is spent for wedding. The real financial cost begins after the wedding when unforeseen welfare which you have to shoulder as a man starts to spring up and that is MARRIAGE.
Brah this is what we say but we all know that the wedding proper is the costliest time of any marriage!
See, baring any deception from the man, any woman agreeing to marry you must already have known your pocket and factored this in. Of course things can go south with finances later and she will live with it or she will leave, but that is LIFE.
Women mostly stay unmarried if the available broses do not meet their sale price. BUT there is an affordable woman out there for every man.

1 Like

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Martinez39(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
WORDWORLD:

Thank you. Reversed psychology worked perfectly.

NEITHER HAVE I SAID YOU HAVE ADVOCATED FOR A SOCIETY OF BABY MAMAS AND DADDIES grin
You are actually right grin. I misread your post. No mind me jare. wink
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Derea(f): 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2019
ubunja:
if a woman marries at 30 the big question is WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE DOING ALL HER 20s??

Valid question. I don't know the number of times I've asked myself this. At some point, I wanted to be well established. You see, marriage never was a safety net for me, I wanted marriage for the right reasons and if those weren't present, I wouldn't get married. At least, that was what my naive mind deceived me to believe. Looking back, I regret how idealistic I was. I'm now trying to pull out of that mindset. Life is about opportunities.

Yet, the thought of marriage without being first financially independent makes me cringe.

2 Likes

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Derea(f): 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2019
WORDWORLD:

There are lots of factors involved. Its not just about Jane's calendar being different from Juliet's. ITS VERY MUCH ABOUT SYSTEMS WHICH PROPELS OUR SOCIETY.

This is apt!
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by murphyibiam15(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2019
same marriage most will enter and still have to cheat on each other..if you must cheat while married then marriage isn't for you imho...it's rather better doing baby mama stuff so you have the freedom
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Raalsalghul: 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2019
murphyibiam15:
same marriage most will enter and still have to cheat on each other..if you must cheat while married then marriage isn't for you imho...it's rather better doing baby mama stuff so you have the freedom
Not the best advice, but I subscribe. wink
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2019
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 19, 2019
Derea:

Valid question. I don't know the number of times I've asked myself this. At some point, I wanted to be well established. You see, marriage never was a safety net for me, I wanted marriage for the right reasons and if those weren't present, I wouldn't get married. At least, that was what my naive mind deceived me to believe. Looking back, I regret how idealistic I was. I'm now trying to pull out of that mindset. Life is about opportunities.

Yet, the thought of marriage without being first financially independent makes me cringe.
All through your 20's are you telling us that you never had suitors or fiances. You think like a man base on your crave for financial independence, but what happened in all the relationship you had or you never engage in such all through.
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by catalan15(m): 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
Derea:
What are the chances of a 30+ old woman finding a potential spouse in this country?

For single women 30 and above, what stigma do you face within your social circle, work place, family and community in general as a result of your single status? And, why aren't you married? Is this a personal choice?

For men in this category, why are you still single and how far would you go in meeting a potential mate? What are the pressures you face from family?

For both sexes, have the qualities you look out for in a potential changed overtime and to what degree does family influence your choice of a mate?

I'd also like us to share success stories of older people you know who later got married and right. We want to know there's light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Kindly invite friends to this page so that this topic can get the publicity it deserves.
OK...
Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by JustBeing: 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
Derea:
What are the chances of a 30+ old woman finding a potential spouse in this country?

For single women 30 and above, what stigma do you face within your social circle, work place, family and community in general as a result of your single status? And, why aren't you married? Is this a personal choice?

For men in this category, why are you still single and how far would you go in meeting a potential mate? What are the pressures you face from family?

For both sexes, have the qualities you look out for in a potential changed overtime and to what degree does family influence your choice of a mate?

I'd also like us to share success stories of older people you know who later got married and right. We want to know there's light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Kindly invite friends to this page so that this topic can get the publicity it deserves.

You sound sad at your unmarried state and I saw somewhere where you blamed your self. I think the question you should ask yourself is 'why do I want to get married?' Are you looking to get married to please family members? Or to get society off your back? If that's why then be assured that you'll regret getting married cos your reasons are totally wrong.

I'm a single lady in her early thirties and I just got out of a very bad relationship. Like you, I was feeling the pressure and all I did was latch onto this man even when it was clear that he didn't love me and was with me for the convenience. I was ready to marry someone who agreed that he had narcissistic traits, that's how bad it was. Well thankfully he discarded me and I got my senses back as i got to reflect and saw how God saved me.

I won't lie, I get the pressures, subtly mostly, but I'm not going to compromise and get married to please others and end up miserable.

To answer your questions...yes, 30+ single ladies, living in Nigeria marry and marry for the right reasons too. I presently face no stigma cos thankfully people in my circle are understanding (you need to find such and surround yourself with them, I'm growing an e-community of such, dm if you interested). I'm not married cos it just hasn't happened. I'm open to it happening whenever, if ever. My qualities haven't changed and they never will, not like I've wished for a man who owns a jet, my qualities have been reasonable as they run deep and aren't superficial.

I have no story of someone i know personally but 30+ women the world over, Nigeria inclusive, get married every Saturday.

See, you're doing yourself a great disservice worrying about when and who you will marry. I know we have our days when we wonder why our case is like this but grief while you can and snap out of it. Snap back into reality and keep doing what you need to progress your life.

Your environment has a lot to do with helping you too. Surround yourself with like minded folks. If you can afford to live alone, go on and take that bold step. Don't be fooled by all the happiness married people project, they fight their own battles. I'm lucky to have some of the realest ones in my circle and they pray and wish for me to get married but encourage me to enjoy my single days as I'll never have them again. So enjoy your time being single, stop serving it like a sentence...and if you're interested in joining that e-community to share and learn, hola!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 And Above Singles: The Good, Bad And The Ugly by JustBeing: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
Like i don't know what you look like but I know what you sound like and that's a young, respectful, intelligent and admirable lady. Why not concentrate on making yourself better. Read books, research, introspect and be the best version of you. Don't pause life cos one aspect of it isn't going as planned.
Start loving your self my dear cos if you're not careful you'll attract a narcissist who will feed off your desperation. Moreso a partner can only compliment you, they're not the essence we're made of. What are your interests? Focus on it. Get busy too, the busier your mind the less likely you'll be having such concerns too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Lost My Virginity But I Couldn't Ejaculate / What Lie Can Save Him? (photo) / I Raped Her(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.