Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,268 members, 7,864,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images (31212 Views)

LCC: Our Cameras Stopped Recording From 8pm On Night Of Lekki Shooting / Update On Mile2-apapa Road Construction - Exclusive Images / Atiku Relying On Body Cameras From His Agents To Beat Buhari In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by AngelicBeing: 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2019
davodyguy:
Ambode had vision to transform Lagos State, but they killed the dream
l, Tinubu, the Emperor of Lagos was disrespected by Ambode, I asked him to give me egunje of 200 billion Naira, he refused and I flogged him out of the governorship race tongue
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by AngelicBeing: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
sparko1:

My friend keep quite, this thing has been working for close to 6 months now, I was served some days ago for not paying insurance and road worthiness for this year already.
Buzz off, if you can't engage people online except with insult, I don't give a fvck if you were served with kulikuli penalty angry
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by emmalated(m): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2019
grin grin...Means of collecting money from yellow buses (danfo)
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by greggng: 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
That camera is everywhere. Don't believe the notion is only at Ikeja. Very soon una go dey get bills at home.
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Originalsly: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2019
They read number plates.....which is linked to the registration.... from which the owner .....who may not be the driver.... is ID and he/she becomes liable for the violation. So if you own a car... and lend it to a friend....ehmmm....do I have to say more?

1 Like

Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Afonjas: 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2019
Dannybammz:
This is a welcome development. Gradually we'll get there.
God bless Nigeria

1 Share

Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Ademoore07(m): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Good development! But bad timing!! This won’t be effective without solving the power crisis first. It’s like putting the cart before the horse!!
So, as old as u are, u dont know that most traffic lights and ANRP Cameras are powered by solar energy? Isorit

1 Like

Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Ademoore07(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2019
Can someone help answer this question. is it necessary for govt to trouble u for not insuring ur car? why should it be their business when u are ready to bear the risk
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Eddiecute86(m): 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Some of these cameras are manned at traffic lights, for example, one is manned at ShopRite close to Alausa, once you break the rules, it automatically flagged your plate number and the VIOs will be on look for you.

That is how it is done in saner countries
Over here police don’t go about chasing vehicles. Once you commit any offense you can’t hide you will be tracked down. Here a car will just scratch another car lightly and the offender will jèjèly call the police to report even when the owner of the parked car is not around.

2 Likes

Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by sirusX(m): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2019
tyup:
Sadly i wish this can be introduced in ibadan to reset those crazy micra driver's brain

You sure say cameras go pick their license plate? Those cars tiny no be small

1 Like

Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by FantasticJ: 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2019
AtikuMeansJobs:
Atiku is going to be our next President. It is obvious Nigerians have rejected President Mohammedu Buhari due to his incompetence, nepotism, ethnocentrism, desecration of our democratic institutions and outright wickedness!
So, what are your expectations of the new President? What do you want him to focus on in the first 100 days in office?

To Bleep your asshole
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by onyxo76(m): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2019
what of for cars mot registered in Lagos, for example a visiting car form kogi state with kabba plate number
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by jkmadu16: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2019
how many car plate number can it check at a time?
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by AutoReportNG: 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2019
onyxo76:
what of for cars mot registered in Lagos, for example a visiting car form kogi state with kabba plate number

The camera automatically scans and capture your plate number! Remember all plate number registration is done online, they have access to all database and all info, once you flagged the law, they pick up up your info and remember the camera takes pictures as well, there is no way you can deny that either you are in Kabba, Abuja etc, they work with the Nigerian Police and FRSC on this too...
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by AutoReportNG: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2019
jkmadu16:
how many car plate number can it check at a time?

That will be a question thats hard to crack... But pls, don't let the law have its cause on you.
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by onyxo76(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:

The camera automatically scans and capture your plate number! Remember all plate number registration is done online, they have access to all database and all info, once you flagged the law, they pick up up your info and remember the camera takes pictures as well, there is no way you can deny that either you are in Kabba, Abuja etc, they work with the Nigerian Police and FRSC on this too...
very informative, thank you, so it's best to keep your documents up to date, but come o, what of all those commercial interstate buses,those one don't ever renew their papers and always bribe those frsc and police
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by mechanics(m): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2019
If one does not have any ulterior motive, then no cause for alarm.
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by AutoReportNG: 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2019
onyxo76:
very informative, thank you, so it's best to keep your documents up to date, but come o, what of all those commercial interstate buses,those one don't ever renew their papers and always bribe those frsc and police

I think for now, they are working on private cars, for the commercial buses, I can't verify!
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Orpe7(m): 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
Lagos leads others follow
Lagos sneezes others catch cold
Up APC
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by erico2k2(m): 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2019
DVoices:
Good Moves by the Lagos state government, I'm worried about the continuity of the project in the long run this is Nigeria any thing is possible. Technology is the only solution to most the problems we are having in the country, I believe open source projects are the best.

Projects of this type have enthusiast who are willing to add value by contributing to the development and usability, I don't stay in Lagos but this project shouldn't be handled by the VIO team alone the tech guys, drivers, agberos, artisans would contribute and progress would be made.

The problem here is that the project would be limited to some people and the team handling the project would be looking at the monetary aspect rather than development to the society, forgetting aside Ikeja and Lagos environs the entire country would require the Automatic Number Plate Recognition for safe drive and societal development.

shocked shocked
Atiku said the best way to fight corruption is Tech, someone was arguing with me somewhere in nairaland!, this can help with stollen cars
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Where is the power to make sure the device works very well 24/7 non-stop, what about the issue of vandalism / theft or outright removal of the device by hoodlums shocked
These factors had be considered by the government

1 Like

Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
sparko1:

My friend keep quite, this thing has been working for close to 6 months now, I was served some days ago for not paying insurance and road worthiness for this year already.
Ref:AngelicBeing asked a sensitive question instead of giving an appropriate answer you start by shunning him. Is that how you respond to query in public? I pity those you work with
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Madeu(m): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2019
After 6month you won't hear any good about this again.
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by omanzo02: 5:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
Misplaced priority! U need full national digital system coverage to effectively make use of ANPR system.
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by KENFERDYOORI(m): 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2019
I'm very optimistic about this country.
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by AngelicBeing: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2019
asuustrike1:

Ref:AngelicBeing asked a sensitive question instead of giving an appropriate answer you start by shunning him. Is that how you respond to query in public? I pity those you work with
Thanks buddy cool
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by samuelmath50(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2019
ArcSEMPECJ:
Hmmm.,..BRT buses activated ......but let them know that there are many mad drivers than their cameras in Lagos State

brother I believe you that camera can't fetch any danfo drivers but this is good one
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by Skmoda360(m): 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2019
sparko1:

You froze the nigga sir.....
Re: ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images by adeniyialayande(m): 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2019
If you know anybody who can install it let me know pls.08033453702.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ali Ndume: "I Disagree With Creating Agency For Boko Haram" (video) / Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa / Makinde Sacks Auxilliary, Other Park Management Chiefs In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.