Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,744 members, 7,858,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 07:22 PM

They First Had Western Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They First Had Western Education (2572 Views)

New Sect ‘Yanlabaiku’ Emerges In Kebbi Forbids Western Education, Shares Wives / Sheakau Speaks English, Give Reasons For Fighting Western Education (video) / Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

They First Had Western Education by sd6: 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
They have been touted as the first to receive western education yet their grammatical ineptitude has become an increasing cause for concern. Could it be that their education was nothing but quantitative? Or does their inability to express themselves derive from their inextricable link with their local language? Just curious,
Re: They First Had Western Education by Afam4eva(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2010
Are you referring to yoruba people?
Re: They First Had Western Education by Afam4eva(m): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2010
First of all i don't know if they were the first. I think it's all media propaganda.

Secondly, even if it's true. Been the first does not necessarily mean you're the best.
Re: They First Had Western Education by sd6: 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2010
U said so,
Re: They First Had Western Education by sd6: 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2010
Maybe they will hear u cuz they have refused to be informed. This is so obvious that questions had to be asked or was it that they misused the free education?
Re: They First Had Western Education by excanny: 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2010
Believe me, bro, you dont need this. React only when you are attacked. That is igbo nature. 

Moreover, we are the same people.

I know very soon this will be in Tribalism garbage.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Afam4eva(m): 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2010
excanny:

Believe me, bro, you dont need this. React only when you are attacked. That is igbo nature. 

Moreover, we are the same people.

I know very soon this will be in Tribalism garbage.

What has a yoruba topic got to do with Igbo nature.
Re: They First Had Western Education by excanny: 12:03am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

What has a yoruba topic got to do with Igbo nature.

What i'm saying is that the thread is unnecessarily tribalistic, and i know where you are coming from.

They are the most 'educated' outside the western world. Which is quite correct. Must it become a thread?
Re: They First Had Western Education by tpiah: 2:55am On Aug 25, 2010
sd-6:

I think Ibb shud nt b crusified much. With d way tins r goin,i tink he shud b givn a second chance. I tink he is most qualified 2 b d  president  of dis complex country apart 4rm Obasanjo. Niga needs strong headed president.

sd-6:

I think Ibb should not be crucified much. With the way things are going,i think he should be given a second chance. I think he is most qualified 2 be the  president  of this complex country apart from Obasanjo. Naija needs a strong headed president.

fixed that for you.

crucified, not crusified

think, not tink. The H is never silent.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Afam4eva(m): 3:12am On Aug 25, 2010
tpiah:

fixed that for you.

crucified, not crusified

think, not tink. The H is never silent.

Which kind deviation be this one.
Re: They First Had Western Education by OAM4J: 3:20am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

You mean she has to break it down for you to get her message, thought you beileve you are smarter than an average Yoruba person. undecided
Re: They First Had Western Education by tpiah: 3:25am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

afam4eva:

I think Igbos ahve a greater chance to have a president of Igbo exraction by supporting IBB instead of Jonathan. Look at it this way. IBB has shown his likeness for Igbo people in the past despite the fact that he's a northerner. If jonathan wins this election then the Igbos may have to wait a long  time cos the seat is more likely to go to the north.

afam4eva:

I think Igbos have a greater chance to have a president of Igbo extraction by supporting IBB instead of Jonathan. Look at it this way. IBB has shown his affection for Igbo people in the past despite the fact that he's a northerner. If jonathan wins this election then the Igbos may have to wait a long  time cos the seat is more likely to go to the north.

fixed.

have, not ahve. The H is not silent.

extraction, not eraction or erection

no such thing as "shown his likeness" unless you're speaking king james' english and even then you're still off.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Afam4eva(m): 3:28am On Aug 25, 2010
I think two threads have clashed.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 25, 2010
Lmao @ tpia's replies grin cheesy grin
Re: They First Had Western Education by OAM4J: 3:43am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

I think two threads have clashed.

There is no clash. tpiah has just proved to you and OP that you are both incompetent to discuss the topic, cos you both need to go back to school.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Afam4eva(m): 3:47am On Aug 25, 2010
OAM4J:

There is no clash. tpiah has just proved to you and OP that you are both incompetent to discuss the topic, cos you both need to go back to school.

Shut your trap for a minute. I'll get back to you.
Re: They First Had Western Education by tpiah: 3:49am On Aug 25, 2010
must everything turn into fight and abusive language?
Re: They First Had Western Education by Afam4eva(m): 3:50am On Aug 25, 2010
tpiah:

fixed.

have, not ahve. The H is not silent.

extraction, not eraction or erection

no such thing as "shown his likeness" unless you're speaking king james' english and even then you're still off.

Ohh i get your pont silly TILAPIA. So you don't know the difference between a typographic error and a grammatical error. Are u that dumb. And what statement did i make to warrant you digging for my past posts. Are you that jobless.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Afam4eva(m): 3:51am On Aug 25, 2010
tpiah:

must everything turn into fight and abusive language?
When it involves certain people, yes.
Re: They First Had Western Education by OAM4J: 3:52am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

Shut your trap for a minute. I'll get back to you.

lol  grin grin grin no be fight o. was just breaking it down for u. at least you now got it, you should be thanking me o  grin
Re: They First Had Western Education by tpiah: 3:58am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

When it involves certain people, yes.

ok!!!

fight yourself then.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 25, 2010
sd-6:

They have been touted as the first to receive western education yet their grammatical ineptitude has become an increasing cause for concern. Could it be that their education was nothing but quantitative? Or does their inability to express themselves derive from their inextricable link with their local language? Just curious,

grin grin grin grin grin grin Someone ran out of ideas! You are obviously not Wole Soyinka yourself, are you?

And since when do you need a degree in English language to comment on the affairs of your country anyway?
I would have call you an elitist if you weren't so apruka!!
Re: They First Had Western Education by excanny: 6:05am On Aug 25, 2010
Na wa o!

Tpia is a clear example of missing out on the purpose of a free education programme. Really, really confused entity!

Pay for your education next time to get a qualitative, and not quantitative education.
Re: They First Had Western Education by excanny: 6:14am On Aug 25, 2010
excanny:

What i'm saying is that the thread is unnecessarily tribalistic, and i know where you are coming from.

They are the most educated outside the western world. Which is quite correct. Must it become a thread?

Though i must admit that the education is largely quantitative and mere certificate-carrying.
Re: They First Had Western Education by patrick89(m): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2010
@Om your gramma sucks, pls no offence
Re: They First Had Western Education by yiboboy: 7:36am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

First of all i don't know if they were the first. I think it's all media propaganda.

Secondly, even if it's true. Been the first does not necessarily mean you're the best.

All I can do is laud your impeccable command of English grammar!!! LOL @ the bolded bit. . . . and pls don't tell me it was a typo! tongue
Re: They First Had Western Education by yiboboy: 7:42am On Aug 25, 2010
sd-6:

They have been touted as the first to receive western education yet their grammatical ineptitude has become an increasing cause for concern. Could it be that their education was nothing but quantitative? Or does their inability to express themselves derive from their inextricable link with their local language? Just curious[b], [/b]

Is that a comma I see at the end of your statement? I guess you're so far ahead in English language, u prolly know something the rest of us don't!!! grin grin grin
Re: They First Had Western Education by sd6: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2010
Yiboboy blame the site's incoherence with my font for the comma.
@topic
Its becoming obvious which part of Nigeria we're talking about. The certificate bearers have nothing to offer. I heard someone speak of Soyinka. If i may ask, what grade did u guys give to him when he studied in Nigeria? Am beginning to understand that their ineptitude might have plummeted to an irredeemable point.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Dark1(m): 11:36am On Aug 25, 2010
A good way to marshall your point (if there's any) home is to come up with irrefutable fact & figures, quite frankly, I see no point jabbering about certificate bearers who have nothing to offer (a peculiar problem which is akin to Nigeria as a whole and not just a tribe). Btw, shouldn't this be in the tribalism section? Its quite apparent what your intention is!!!
Re: They First Had Western Education by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2010
sd-6:

@topic
Its becoming obvious which part of Nigeria we're talking about. The certificate bearers have nothing to offer. I heard someone speak of Soyinka. If i may ask, what grade did u guys give to him when he studied in Nigeria? Am beginning to understand that their ineptitude might have plummeted to an irredeemable point.

The main purpose of a language is to communicate. It is by no means a measure of your intelligence.
But despite your touted proficiency in English language, you are not communicating your thoughts and you are not making much sense.

If someone's ineptitude is plummeting, that is not a bad thing in my opinion. But your learned self obviously think otherwise.
Re: They First Had Western Education by sjeezy8: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2010
lol at the comments on this page -

sd-6:

LOL that doesnt even make sense.
Re: They First Had Western Education by Becomrich0: 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2010
Yorubas first had western form of education.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nplf Set To Woo Ojukwu, Ekwueme, Settles For S’east Vp / No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! / Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.