Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,461 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges (2565 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Anambra Women’s Group Mobilises Support For Buhari, APC / Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by midep: 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
Women Affairs Minister, Josephine Anenih, is currently enmeshed in a huge scandal that may cost her the rest of her tattered reputation, and possibly her job.

Anenih, who is wife to Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), top gun, Tony Anenih, whose tenure as Works minister left sour taste in the mouth, is getting bricks thrown at her from her constituency, the PDP women wing.

Anenih , the former PDP women leader, is alleged to have last week pocketed over N150 million meant for her kinswomen in Anambra. The cash was part of huge pot of cash set aside by the PDP to assist female members running for offices at various levels.

She also allegedly cornered hundreds of thousands of dollars from the United Nation Development Fund (UNDP), meant to empower the women.

The development has also not got down well with Mrs Patience Jonathan, who has described the act as outrageous and anti-party.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that the cash were handed over to state Governors or the state party chairmen, but since Anambra has no PDP Governor, they decided to give the cash to the women Affairs minister, who is from Anambra.

According to top party sources, the party chairman, Emma Nweze was not available at the time the cash was given out by a member of the Jonathan/ Sambo Organization , Stella Oduah Ogiemwonyin, so being a party big wig from the state, Anenih took the cash on the Anambra women politicians behalf.

But, unknown to Oduah-Ogiemwonyin and Director-General of the organization, Dalhatu Tafida, Anenih had other plans. She dumped the cash in her private account .

Pointblanknews.com gathered that as the women ran around for cash, they learnt Nweze got the ‘support’ cash from Abuja. They stormed his office but he told them, he had no money. Nweze made some enquiries and found out that Anenih had their share.

Our source disclosed that Anenih, devised a means to hoodwink the women. She directed those eligible, to fill out some forms online. But as at Sunday night Anenih had not paid out a dime.

It was further learnt that when some top members of the women wing called up Anenih to find out what happened, she became furious and defiant, arguing that since she had spent so much of her private cash on women in six months, she would not give out a dime.

One of the women who got the running around from Anenih said “ she took over N150 million of party cash meant for us, and also took another huge sum running into millions, from UNDP. She asked us to go online, fill out a fake form, up till few hours to the postponed election, nothing, till now, she still has the cash”

Continued the source “ Josephine was not supposed to get the Anambra share in the first place. Nweze was the rightful person since we don’t have a PDP Governor in Anambra. So when they didn’t see the chairman, Josephine elected to take it, so they gave it to her. Don’t forget she is a minister from the state, and was woman leader. We were shocked. Now she is saying, she has spent her personal money in the past. We are storming Abuja tomorrow, she has to be sacked and the cash retrieved”
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
This is a one sided shoody report. Why was the Minister not contacted for her own side of the story before releasing this to the public? So now anyone can just raise accusations and go to the press. What happened to objective reporting and hearing from both sides?
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
her response, i got this on her facebook page:

A Rejoinder to the Pointblank.com Article
by Josephine Anenih on Monday, April 4, 2011 at 1:44pm

Dear friends,

My attention has been drawn to a malicious and false story published by pointblanknews.com. In the story, the link to which I shall post below, a faceless reporter alleges that (http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4834.html ):

1. I have deposited N150m meant for Anambra women into my personal account.

2. I have likewise diverted a multi-million dollar fund provided by UNDP.

Both stories are false.

Ordinarily I would have ignored the accusations, because I have had them hurled at me my entire life. However, I noticed that readers’ comments expressed not only a disappointment in me, but also in the PDP Government, of which I am a proud member. Coming so close to the General Elections, I cannot take the chance that people who would ordinarily vote for the PDP will switch their candidate choice because of this planted report.

The fund the report refers to is the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (www.nigerianwomentrustfund.com). It was set up by the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs, UN Women, and a coalition of women-focused NGOs. While the MDG Office provided cash, the UN Women agreed to provide material aid and support. We launched the Fund on Wednesday, the 23rd of March, 2011. Some of you may have seen me that day on television after the Federal Executive Council Meeting, explaining the need to support women politicians technically and financially. Most national dailies also covered the launch. At the launch, cheques were presented to female aspirants as certified by INEC.

The Fund was set up to be independent, and has its own management, and accounts. It is not an arm or parastatal of my Ministry.

Regarding the second accusation, that I was given N150m for Anambra women, which I promptly deposited in my personal account, let me plainly state that I was not given money by the Party for “Anambra women”. These accusations are just another example of the depths our politics is sinking to. As most people know, Anambra does not have a PDP Governor, and traditionally, when this happens, the Federal Minister becomes the de facto ‘leader’ of the Party in the State. This may have upset some people, but regardless of this, I want to categorically state that I am an unapologetic member of the PDP. Given this consideration, all my actions will be guided by my determination of what I feel is in the best interests of the Party, and our electoral candidates.

I will not be a part of the culture of jamborees and come-chop. If money was released for a specific purpose, then as long as I have been given the authority, I will decide, with no apologies to anyone, how best those resources are deployed.

I understand that some people might not be comfortable with my position as a leader in Anambra, I also understand that there are a growing number of applicants who might feel that they need to destroy me if they want to take my current job as a Minister. All I can say is that I wish them good luck, but that they should look at President Goodluck and remember that ultimately, God, not man, decides our fates.

I just think it is a shame that people will stoop so low just in their quest to get their grubby hands on money they have not earned, and do not deserve. It is even more disappointing when I see women take part in this mud-throwing. It is heart-breaking, actually.

I will continue to serve my Party, and this Country, to the best of my ability, and that, dear friends, is good enough for me.

Iyom Josephine Anenih

Hon. Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development

PDP Board of Trustee Member

Anambra.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
Now this is more balanced, people can hear from both sides before making a judgement
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
Haba biased reporting. I don't know why politicians have started using the internet to fight dirty. I remember the fake pictures of the Kaduna state Governor in bed with another man, as an example. And have you noticed how it always happens just before an election or primaries.

This type of nonsense has to stop! We cannot continue to encourage junk and gutter journalism.

Iyom, no matter what they say I like your style and what you've been doing for women. Carry go!!!!! cheesy
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Akainzo(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
There are two allegations in the report:
debrief08:

1. I have deposited N150m meant for Anambra women into my personal account.

2. I have likewise diverted a multi-million dollar fund provided by UNDP.

And reading through her rejoinder, she merely confirmed the two, only that she gave explanations as to why she did it!

On the first issue of depositing N150M inot her personal account, this is what she has to say:
debrief08:

The fund the report refers to is the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (www.nigerianwomentrustfund.com). It was set up by the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs, UN Women, and a coalition of women-focused NGOs. While the MDG Office provided cash, the UN Women agreed to provide material aid and support. We launched the Fund on Wednesday, the 23rd of March, 2011. Some of you may have seen me that day on television after the Federal Executive Council Meeting, explaining the need to support women politicians technically and financially. Most national dailies also covered the launch. At the launch, cheques were presented to female aspirants as certified by INEC.

The Fund was set up to be independent, and has its own management, and accounts. It is not an arm or parastatal of my Ministry.

Notice she did not say anything about the crux of the matter: where is the funds deposited? Irresepctive of what the funds were meant for and how the funds were set up, the question is: were the funds deposited in her personal accounts or not?

The second issue: I have likewise diverted a multi-million dollar fund provided by UNDP.
And her reply/statement is
debrief08:

Regarding the second accusation, that I was given N150m for Anambra women, which I promptly deposited in my personal account, let me plainly state that I was not given money by the Party for “Anambra women”. These accusations are just another example of the depths our politics is sinking to. As most people know, Anambra does not have a PDP Governor, and traditionally, when this happens, the Federal Minister becomes the de facto ‘leader’ of the Party in the State. This may have upset some people, but regardless of this, I want to categorically state that I am an unapologetic member of the PDP. Given this consideration, all my actions will be guided by my determination of what I feel is in the best interests of the Party, and our electoral candidates.

I will not be a part of the culture of jamborees and come-chop. If money was released for a specific purpose, then as long as I have been given the authority, I will decide, with no apologies to anyone, how best those resources are deployed.

What she has only confirmed is that the money has been given to her as the de-facto leader for Anambra since there was no PDP governor. She also went on to state that she can do as she pleases as long as she is in charge. Now that statement does not say that she is not in control, neither did it say the funds were not diverted. Rather it only confirmed that the money is being used however she directs - and this is the diversion people are talking about!

The lady should address the core of the matter by coming out to simply state the facts as it pertains to the allegations. The above has not in any way cleared her!
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
Am all for accountability and transparency but the story has too many holes. i watched the presentation of cheques to candidates myself, even saw a thread on Nairaland on it, so how come the story accuses her of diverting hat money? Did they hand it back to her? PDP, hmmm where did they get N150 million from? PDP.
Anyway a lot of people will want to hang her because of her ex- husband but the story on point blank did a bad job of that
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Akainzo. You are confusing me. I also read her rejoinder and she said the money for the Trust Fund was given by the Federal Government through the MDG Office, while UN Women said they would support in kind, not cash. UNDP was not even mentioned in her response. And she stated that the Fund is independent and has it's own account, not her personal account. I googled this to confirm. This is about her role as Minister of Women Affairs

Then she said that she wasn't given money by the Party for Anambra women. Reading between the lines I think she was given money for the entire state by the Party. She suggests that the men are unhappy about this, but that she will not be bullied or blackmailed by anybody. This is about her role as a PDP leader in Anambra.

That's my interpretation. I'm lost as to how you arrived at yours.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2011
@debrief08.
Thank you. I watched clips of the distribution on NTA, so I know this article was paid for by someone who does not like her face, or likes her job.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2011
papadonkee:

@debrief08.
Thank you. I watched clips of the distribution on NTA, so I know this article was paid for by someone who does not like her face, or likes her job.
It is badly concocted and a little too desperate. So anyone can just accuse and abuse anybody and it gets to print without hearing from both sides
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by 1025: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
Now this is more balanced, people can hear from both sides before making a judgement

@aisha2,
as a nigerian, do u know any of these thieves that have accepted any of the accussations against him or her. bode george, alams, tonny annenih(thiefing husband of the thiefing woman) will all tell u is the handiwork of their political enemies.

@topic,
like husband, like wife. stealing is a blood thing. trace all these criminals, u must end up seeing other thieves in their lineage. obasanjo for instance has a daughter who is as good if not better than himself in the criminalities.
sometimes, i keep wondering what all these criminal parents teach their children.
but at the end of the day, their children end up as criminals too because criminal parents beget criminal children.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
1025:

@aisha2,
as a nigerian, do u know any of these thieves that have accepted any of the accussations against him or her. bode george, alams, tonny annenih(thiefing husband of the thiefing woman) will all tell u is the handiwork of their political enemies.

@topic,
like husband, like wife. stealing is a blood thing. trace all these criminals, u must end up seeing other thieves in their lineage. obasanjo for instance has a daughter who is as good if not better than himself in the criminalities.
sometimes, i keep wondering what all these criminal parents teach their children.
but at the end of the day, their children end up as criminals too because criminal parents beget criminal children.
I think they are divorced. This is an accusation by a group, even if the accused accepts or not, is it not good to hear both? Am not holding brief for anyone but do you work in an office? have you ever been accused of something? how would it be if your boss listens to one side and does not ask you and just goes ahead to suspend you?
That is not even it, did you not see the thread about the presentation of grant? i watched it and the women were given their cheques by themselves
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
1025:

@aisha2,

@topic,
I am not justifying or defending anyone, i just felt the point blank story was too one sided. if am accused i should have the right to defend myself or to give my own side of the story thats all. Some weeks ago they were threads everywhere accusing me of several things, how would it have been if i was not allowed to defend myself so people could hear from both sides before making their decision
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2011
Cold dey catch me about how easy it is to destroy somebody's name. I watched the distribution of the cheques with my own eyes, now people are saying that she ate the money, without even given her the benefit of the doubt even though there is evidence that she did not steal the Trust Fund money.

The writer of the article did not even dare put his/her name! Na wa o! I dey fear for Nigeria.  cry
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Akainzo(m): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
papadonkee:

@Akainzo. You are confusing me. I also read her rejoinder and she said the money for the Trust Fund was given by the Federal Government through the MDG Office, while UN Women said they would support in kind, not cash. UNDP was not even mentioned in her response. And she stated that the Fund is independent and has it's own account, not her personal account. I googled this to confirm. This is about her role as Minister of Women Affairs

Then she said that she wasn't given money by the Party for Anambra women. Reading between the lines I think she was given money for the entire state by the Party. She suggests that the men are unhappy about this, but that she will not be bullied or blackmailed by anybody. This is about her role as a PDP leader in Anambra.

That's my interpretation. I'm lost as to how you arrived at yours.

ok, let me break it down, all monies meant for government projects have dedicated accounts opened for them, it just happens that ost times, the funds are lodged in personal accounts!

Nowhere in all her statements did she address where the money was lodged! shocked yes, it is an independent fund, meaning it is not budgeted for by her Ministry, but that does not answer where the funds are lodged.

Everyone, steals money based upon their roles in an establishment. What the people are saying is that she is using her position as the de-facto leader to divert the funds. Note, the diversion is not necessarily 100%, but most can still be diverted. Giving cheques on TV does not say that was ALL the money, or does it?
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
Akinzo, i can answer the last part, the fund I know as a development worker was UNDP fund and given directly to politicans not through the ministries. Papadonkeee can answer the rest
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
Akinzo,

Once again you insist on giving a dog a bad name just to drown it.

The Minister stated that the Fund has its own account. She is not a signatory to the account. It is not her Ministry's account.

Go on the Fund's website www.nigerianwomentrustfund.com, and you will see that apart from distributing funds to aspiring female politicians, the Trust Fund will also provide campaign materials and other support, and outside the election cycle it will build the capacity of these women. Trying to now say that the cheques she distributed were personal cheques (not from the Trust Fund account), or that she has eaten whatever was left over from the distribution, is mean, desperate, and worst of all cannot be proven by you.

But thank God we are in a democracy - you are entitled to hold, and share, your opinion.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Akainzo(m): 10:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
papadonkee:

Akinzo,

Once again you insist on giving a dog a bad name just to drown it.

The Minister stated that the Fund has its own account. She is not a signatory to the account. It is not her Ministry's account.

Go on the Fund's website www.nigerianwomentrustfund.com, and you will see that apart from distributing funds to aspiring female politicians, the Trust Fund will also provide campaign materials and other support, and outside the election cycle it will build the capacity of these women. Trying to now say that the cheques she distributed were personal cheques (not from the Trust Fund account), or that she has eaten whatever was left over from the distribution, is mean, desperate, and worst of all cannot be proven by you.

But thank God we are in a democracy - you are entitled to hold, and share, your opinion.

Yeah, Thanks for accepting my right to hold differing opinions.

Again, what you are stating are just legal/normal stuffs. That it is supposed to have a separate account due to its independence does NOT mean the funds are not being siphoned. For decades Ministers/Local Government Chairmen/Governors all deposit money into personal accounts. Coming out to say those government agencies have dedicated accounts does not in any way invalidate that money is being dealt with in an unwholesome manner.

Let me quote her rejoinder "If money was released for a specific purpose, then as long as I have been given the authority, I will decide, with no apologies to anyone, how best those resources are deployed.” Does that not imply that she control the funds? So it is was independent and not under her control as you are implying, how could she then make the bolded assertion?

I do not accept explanations at face value; I examine them, weigh them logically before I make decisions, especially when it relates to public figures and money.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 12:24am On Apr 05, 2011
Akainzo, now you're trying to shift your goal posts. Initially you were concerned about where the funds were deposited, and what she did with the money from UNDP.

Now that I have argued that the Trust Fund has its own account, that UNDP was never involved, that no money was given by any donor agency for Anambra women, you are now weakly suggesting that even if a dedicated account exists, she could possibly still have siphoned money, abi? And please read her statement again - when she said she will not be blackmailed into sharing money, she was talking about PDP funds, not government funds.

Once again, let me try to separate the two issues: as a minister, she responded to the allegation that she had embezzled monies from the Trust Fund by saying that the Fund was independent, and had its own account.

As an Anambra state leader, she said that she would not be bullied by anybody into sharing the state PDP campaign funds. This is where she was talking about her being given the authority. I hope this helps, especially as you claim to " examine explanations, weigh them logically before I make decisions, especially when it relates to public figures and money".

Out of curiosity, what information did you examine and weigh logically before you concluded that josephine anenih was guilty? A website report written by a journalist with no name?

Like I said, the right to hold, and share, any opinion is yours to use, or abuse.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 1:41am On Apr 05, 2011
And this issue of trying to criminalise the fact that she might have been given campaign funds by the PDP is just laughable.

Every political party is expected to raise, and distribute, funds to prosecute an election - and every serious Nigerian political party did. Remember Obama's facebook fund-raising drive? Also remember that the opposition parties in Nigeria (including CPC and ACN) said they could not participate in the elections on Monday because banks would be shut and they needed money to send to their agents in the 774 local government areas and 120,000 polling stations. So this argument of PDP using the money to buy votes is a non-starter. I am becoming more and more convinced that this is a sponsored attempt to rubbish an innocent woman.

Just to refresh your memory, this is what the ACN spokesman said:

‘’We reject this unilateral decision by INEC to fix the postponed National Assembly election for Monday.
The new date does not give us enough time to re-mobilise our agents and put in place the necessary logistics. The only day between Saturday and Monday is Sunday, when banks do not open. Where does he expect us to get the funds to mobilise our agents for Monday’s election? Only the PDP can quickly mobilise such funds. So that date cannot stand, unless Jega is working against the opposition”.
In a phone chat, Mohammed said there were about 120,000 polling units in the country; if a party paid N2,000 per agent, then it would need N240 million for the Monday rescheduled exercise. Across the parties, about six billion may be required, it was learnt.

So trying to call this woman corrupt because she was allegedly given money to organise elections in her state is more than laughable, it is shameful.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by nduchucks: 2:45am On Apr 05, 2011
Day by day, night by night, it is becoming clearer that political jobbers have infested NL. It actually could be a good thing. I dey watch una one by one.

Papadonkee, wetin be ya own position, na who dey pay lawyer fees to you? I must say, you are holding ya own - carry go. cheesy
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 3:31am On Apr 05, 2011
@ndu_chuks, me ke? A whole me? political jobber?!? I be PDP o, make I no lie, but I never start to collect money for all this my work. 3.30am and I neva sleep. Na patriotism and red bull cheesy

That aside, when my PDP people mess up I dey hide my head, but this story - haba! This woman wey don work pass for GEJ cabinet? This kind personality attack no good na, especially when no evidence dey; na just sources and insiders dey talk to diaspora website.

Now wey she don clear the Trust Fund allegations and the nonsense talk say she don chop Anambra women money, the talk don dey shift to how much PDP give am. That one na crimanal act? Say Party give am money for election logistics na why dem wan destroy this woman? I for advise am make she just return the money join ACN or APGA like Dora Akunyili, but them go say I don dey do anti-party too! tongue
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by nduchucks: 3:44am On Apr 05, 2011
@papadonkee, I threw you a low blow but you absorbed it quite well unlike some weaklins around here. Since you are not ashamed to be associated with PDP, aren't you tired of hiding ya head since PDP messes up on a daily basis?  Would you be kind enough to give me an insider's explanation of what Jonathan used all the excess crude money to purchase? 

Na who dey actually rule naija as we speak, I no think say na GEJ at all, as per ya inside info, abeg tell me who dey control the remote.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 4:09am On Apr 05, 2011
@papadonkee, I threw you a low blow but you absorbed it quite well unlike some weaklins around here. Since you are not ashamed to be associated with PDP, aren't you tired of hiding ya head since PDP messes up on a daily basis?  Would you be kind enough to give me an insider's explanation of what Jonathan used all the excess crude money to purchase? 

Na who dey actually rule naija as we speak, I no think say na GEJ at all, as per ya inside info, abeg tell me who dey control the remote

grin You wan make I talk, make SSS invite me for discussions? Abeg o!

Seriously though, I actually think the PDP is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria. And I say this from the point of view of a progressive democrat. Look at Edo State, for instance. The Party wasted the opportunity it had to serve the People, and they were promptly kicked out of Government House. Now, out of power, the Edo State PDP is forced to push forward credible, acceptable candidates for the elections, because the People of the State will accept nothing less now, and have seen that imposition is retrogressive, to say the least.

Our democracy will continue to grow stronger, and all Parties must adapt of die. Our citizens will continue to become more politically aware, and will demand more access to information on the way taxpayers' money is spent (just like some people are asking about how the Minister spent their funds). Ironically, in Edo State, while the PDP has undergone drastic restructuring, the accusations of imposition are now being levelled against Oshiomhole's ACN Government. I wonder if this growing disaffection within his Party will translate to electoral progress for my PDP.

I don put am for prayer.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 05, 2011
Abeg abeg abeg, that last comment is a huge laugh. Hehhehehe , see PDP now complaining of imposition. So e dey ain? Hehehehe, you see why it is good that pdp become opposition so that they see the grass from the other side and adjust. I am working hoping and praying that pdp loses even the general election so they can sit back and reason like this and see what went wrong and also become the complaining party like you are doing now.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 7:57am On Apr 05, 2011
@Aisha I know say you be Arsenal fan. Me, I be ManU fan: we always dey talk true, good or bad.

I say I be progressive, like many of my colleagues wey don join PDP, and na this new face of PDP go sweep all of una enter Lagos Lagoon, River Niger, Sahara Desert, and that water wey dey Niger Delta.

You no hear wetin I talk? I don put am for prayer.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Akainzo(m): 8:08am On Apr 05, 2011
papadonkee:

Akainzo, now you're trying to shift your goal posts. Initially you were concerned about where the funds were deposited, and what she did with the money from UNDP.

Now that I have argued that the Trust Fund has its own account, that UNDP was never involved, that no money was given by any donor agency for Anambra women, you are now weakly suggesting that even if a dedicated account exists, she could possibly still have siphoned money, abi? And please read her statement again - when she said she will not be blackmailed into sharing money, she was talking about PDP funds, not government funds.

Once again, let me try to separate the two issues: as a minister, she responded to the allegation that she had embezzled monies from the Trust Fund by saying that the Fund was independent, and had its own account.
Papadonkee, please check the highlighted parts of your own post! The funds were given through the MDG, which is funded through the UNDP. The MDG is a joint project between the govt and UNDP and you would know that UNDP would definitely fund it. So her saying that it came through the MDG project does not invalidate that UNDP funds is, or does the fact that money gets to the players through NFF imply that FIFA doesn't share World Cup apperance fees to players?
Also, she pointed us to the launch of the trust fund where she gave out cheques (Note that she expressly used the word "we"wink, if she was not involved and it was independent, how did she get to oversee things. Again, all parastatals have their own dedicated accounts, yet civil servants still lodge monies meant for salaries into their personal account, therefore saying there was a dedicated account is mute.

papadonkee:

As an Anambra state leader, she said that she would not be bullied by anybody into sharing the state PDP campaign funds. This is where she was talking about her being given the authority. I hope this helps, especially as you claim to " examine explanations, weigh them logically before I make decisions, especially when it relates to public figures and money".

So you agree that there was funds to be shared that she could have sat on or mismanaged?

papadonkee:

Out of curiosity, what information did you examine and weigh logically before you concluded that josephine anenih was guilty? A website report written by a journalist with no name?

The only information I had was the pointblank report and her rejoinder. Note however, that my analysis were entirely based on her own rejoinder as I only saw holes in what she was saying. I have also not in anyway said she was guilty or innocent, I only pointed out that from her own rejoinder, she did not answer the pertinent questions that she herself identified to be the issues.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 8:36am On Apr 05, 2011
@Akainzo, good morning. I hope you slept well. I don't think you did, because you were a lot more thorough yesterday. But I digress, let me get back to tearing your argument apart.

Akainzo:

The funds were given through the MDG, which is funded through the UNDP.

I won't say this is a lie, because I don't want to call you a liar. I'll just say that this is Untrue. Again, when in doubt, call on Google. The Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs is funded from the savings we made from our debt relief. So instead of us paying the debt, it gets channeled back into the country to help meet the MDG targets. I think you were confused by the fact that UNDP, like UNIFEM (now called UN Women) also focus their interventions along the MDG goals.

Akainzo:

So you agree that there was funds to be shared that she could have sat on or mismanaged?

I have declared several times that I am a card-carrying member of the PDP, and I know how Parties are run. If she was chosen by the Party as its leader in Anambra, then it is more than likely that funds, PARTY FUNDs, for the elections were given to her to disburse. From my understanding of her statement, it appears that a clique wanted her to kill and divide the money, and she refused, instead choosing to use the funds in a strategic, targeted manner. I know, for instance that these funds are for the elections, and not for campaigns. It then would make no sense, in my humble opinion, to for instance give a state assembly candidate 'his money' today when his election is 3 weeks away.

So in answer to your question, I believe that funds were shared, but I'm betting on her integrity over those of disgruntled party leaders and faceless journalists.

Akainzo:

The only information I had was the pointblank report and her rejoinder. Note however, that my analysis were entirely based on her own rejoinder as I only saw holes in what she was saying. I have also not in anyway said she was guilty or innocent, I only pointed out that from her own rejoinder, she did not answer the pertinent questions that she herself identified to be the issues.

Fair enough. But now that I have blown holes in the accuracy of the PointblankNews.com report, could you please share with this forum your analysis of them?

Take your time, sleep for a few more hours; take a shower; have breakfast. Come back when you're wide awake. I dey here - I no dey run.  wink
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by 1025: 9:37am On Apr 05, 2011
I am not justifying or defending anyone, i just felt the point blank story was too one sided. if am accused i should have the right to defend myself or to give my own side of the story thats all. Some weeks ago they were threads everywhere accusing me of several things, how would it have been if i was not allowed to defend myself so people could hear from both sides before making their decision

@aisha2,
do u know why everybody in nigeria believes in money ritual stories? it is only in nigeria that u see a civil servant whose salary is N20k per month and he will have a house in ikoyi and abuja. u see an okada rider today and tomorrow he is the richest man in a state. we have many millionaires and billionaires but you can't see their names on forbes because their wealth have no history. look at american billionaires and millionaires, the source of their wealths are on record and their daily incomes are confirmable.
obj - N20k in his account in 1999 today - pls give me a figure. and the story continues.
one sided story according to u, what about the husband and the reconstruction of lagos-benin expressway contract(N300b)? how many sided stories and what has happened since then. from minister of this to minister of that. from bot to chairman NPA and the story continues. even if these stories become 20 sided stories, how will this country continue in this manner. in the case of cecilia ibru, how many sided stories did u get from there? why must this same annenih of a name be linked up with everything bad always? are they the only family in nigeria? in the 80s, we first learnt of this name annenih and it was the case of armed with gum and causing all sorts of problems as a criminal and the end came. again, late 90s brought up another annenih that is well armed with pen and causing problems in all fronts and from male and female angles. who knows where their children are operating from? but do not be decieved, goats must give birth to goats and not cow.
if the meaning of this name(annenih) is criminality, then let the tribe delete it from their name lists but if not, let them give us an annenih that is a pastor of known for something good.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2011
@Aisha2, make I try reply for you

@1025,
This mix of fact and fiction is a dangerous one, even more damaging than 'money making rituals' that so disgust you. Let us assume that Chief Tony Anenih stole all this money, what has that got to do with Josephine Anenih, an Anambra woman. She divorced him almost twenty years ago, and still you persist in trying to force her to carry the blame for his sins? And it's a small correction, but Chief Anenih has only served once as a Minister (some will argue that once is more than enough, but I just want us to present facts here).

In the 80s the criminal you refer to was Lawrence Nomanyagbon  Anini, a Bini man - Chief Anenih is an Ishan man.

And this attempt to tarnish an entire generation of Anenihs might be understandable because of your frustration at the damage you feel Chief Anenih has done to Nigeria, but it is still wrong. If parental stock was a determination of character, you would know the names of the children of Awolowo, Azikiwe, Balewa, Enahoro et al. The truth of the matter is that every individual is responsible for his/her own actions, and we should not pre-emtively apportion greatness or baseness just on the presentation of an individual's surname.

That's my own opinion sha, and it's one I hold like a shield.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Akainzo(m): 11:38am On Apr 05, 2011
papadonkee:

@Akainzo, good morning. I hope you slept well. I don't think you did, because you were a lot more thorough yesterday. But I digress, let me get back to tearing your argument apart.
Thanks for inquiring about my health. I slept very well and I woke up with a smile and had a happy heart, at work now and still in very good spirits.

papadonkee:

I won't say this is a lie, because I don't want to call you a liar. I'll just say that this is Untrue. Again, when in doubt, call on Google. The Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs is funded from the savings we made from our debt relief. So instead of us paying the debt, it gets channeled back into the country to help meet the MDG targets. I think you were confused by the fact that UNDP, like UNIFEM (now called UN Women) also focus their interventions along the MDG goals.
Unfortunately, you do have a right to say I lied, if you believed I did, I won’t sugar-coat o!
Now what do you want me to Google? "Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDG", "Administering MDG" or "MDG" itself? Pray tell me what you want me to Google?
Anyway, the MDG are a set of parameters that countries/govt have signed up for under the UNDP to achieve by a certain time. To ensure compliance and guarantee success, the UN through the UNDP has provided some backup funds to each country towards achievements of those goals. These funds are part of what Nigeria uses, possibly to fund your SSA on MDG  grin

As an aside, the savings from debt relief are kept in the federation account and shared in line with the Revenue formula and NOT given to any Senior Special Assistant. Except of course you are telling us that money has been growing wings through this your SSA positions!

papadonkee:

I have declared several times that I am a card-carrying member of the PDP, and I know how Parties are run. If she was chosen by the Party as its leader in Anambra, then it is more than likely that funds, PARTY FUNDs, for the elections were given to her to disburse. From my understanding of her statement, it appears that a clique wanted her to kill and divide the money, and she refused, instead choosing to use the funds in a strategic, targeted manner. I know, for instance that these funds are for the elections, and not for campaigns. It then would make no sense, in my humble opinion, to for instance give a state assembly candidate 'his money' today when his election is 3 weeks away.

You really lost me in your bolded parts. What is the money for elections meant for, if not for campaigns?  shocked shocked shocked OK, I get it, it is the money meant to bribe election officials on voting day! Up PDP.

papadonkee:

So in answer to your question, I believe that funds were shared, but I'm betting on her integrity over those of disgruntled party leaders and faceless journalists.
Hmmmm, nice of you to believe her story rather than others crying foul. For me I neither believed the story of those crying foul or pointblank, rather I have just said from her defence, in her own words, things are not adding up.

papadonkee:

Fair enough. But now that I have blown holes in the accuracy of the PointblankNews.com report, could you please share with this forum your analysis of them?
Again, my issues are not taken from the pointblanknews, rather they are issues arising from her own press release.

papadonkee:

Take your time, sleep for a few more hours; take a shower; have breakfast. Come back when you're wide awake. I dey here - I no dey run.  wink

Awww, sorry on this one, I'm at work now, so would leave that till later in the evening.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by 1025: 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2011
@1025,
This mix of fact and fiction is a dangerous one, even more damaging than 'money making rituals' that so disgust you. Let us assume that Chief Tony Anenih stole all this money, what has that got to do with Josephine Anenih, an Anambra woman. She divorced him almost twenty years ago, and still you persist in trying to force her to carry the blame for his sins? And it's a small correction, but Chief Anenih has only served once as a Minister (some will argue that once is more than enough, but I just want us to present facts here).

In the 80s the criminal you refer to was Lawrence Nomanyagbon Anini, a Bini man - Chief Anenih is an Ishan man.

And this attempt to tarnish an entire generation of Anenihs might be understandable because of your frustration at the damage you feel Chief Anenih has done to Nigeria, but it is still wrong. If parental stock was a determination of character, you would know the names of the children of Awolowo, Azikiwe, Balewa, Enahoro et al. The truth of the matter is that every individual is responsible for his/her own actions, and we should not pre-emtively apportion greatness or baseness just on the presentation of an individual's surname.

That's my own opinion sha, and it's one I hold like a shield.

@papadonkey,
how many times did judas betray Jesus? how many times can one kill a lion to be called a lion killer? how many ppl today are naming their children judas?
from my little knowledge of divorce, it involves name changing. why is the woman still answering annenih after 20 yrs of divorce?
apart from ministerial appointment, what other posts has annenih held in nigeria? men and woman are know for what they represent. if awolowo or zik's name is mentioned here, the majority of us will have one good thing or the other to say. what is does ur mind say whenever a particular name is mentioned. we have other criminal minded politicians in nigeria and wether u like my position or not, as soon as a name is mentioned, something must come to ur mind.
if we discuss corruption adn politics, no one mentions pete edochie. if we mention renovetion of house with N623m now, u won't call obasanjo. if we talk about $16b now, no one will call mrs. Etteh.
the name annenih or anini is famous in nigeria but believe me, it is on the negative side of popularity. pls, to save ur time, link me to one pastor with the last name annenih or anini.
if that woman has divorced this man since 20yrs now and still bear that name, she is a very big criminal. it is criminality to use other ppl's label to sale other products. in fact, this is another charge against this woman criminal. this is what we preach about this inter-tribal marriages. anambra ppl are not known for this kind of stealing but marrying a habitual criminal has turned her into one and the best thing anambra ppl will do now is to chase this woman out of the state before she pass this evil disease to others. a typical igboman is industrious and does not depend on public funds to survive and anyone that will bring in such shame will be made a public shame. how can u be an annenih among us? madam annenih, pls take back this criminality to where u get it from.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zahra (nuhu Ribadu's Wife) Speaks / PHOTONEWS: The Changing Face Of Ariaria International Market, Aba / Pics:The Grammatical Errors Made By Patience Jonathan At A PDP Rally In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.