Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

First Lady scolds governor in public. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady scolds governor in public. (16162 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / MASSOB Scolds Ohaneze: Stop Demanding Political Privileges From Buhari / Rivers Group Scolds Amaechi Over His Comment That Gej Only Developed Biafrans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
Harzan:

@Mr money:
U gad my back on this, these so called moderators are
now failing to do their responsibilities but devoted their time
for unneccesary points- embarassed embarassed
Why changing the topic for crying out loud!!!
Scammers are all over d threads, knowing fully well.
They never touch their post, rather they look @ it and smile.

Tired of dis moderators ooohhhh!!!
 cry cry cry

@ THE MODERATORS
This a complete abuse and lack of focus, while all of us including you people  complained about the way things are done in Nigeria, level of  corruption and
other Evil vices, Nairaland moderators are going about changing the topic of my tread, its better you remove this tread from your site rather than changing the topic of my tread ?? Or is this a sign of Corrupt MODERATORS and corrupt site

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2010
This would have been a simple issue if the governor had handled it a bit maturely, He felt because he was demolishing structures in port harcourt and earning the nickname "bulldozer" he could just demolish any place he chooses with glee, nope. People talk about relocation, that has not been an option thought by the government they only talked about compensation, and even if you look into relocation it would be a hard sell, can you take a fulani herdsman whose natural habitat is in the sahel savannah due to his trade and relocate him to the Niger delta and expect it to work, no way, same goes with the Okrikans who are predominantly fishermen, you just cant move them them to the hinterland and expect them to abandon their ways all because of development, dialogue would have been the best option but Amaechi never thought of that first, Okrikans love development but the waterfronts could be developed without levelling everywhere, Uyo has a master plan Obong Attah was amongst those who drew the master plan, but they didn't go levelling the whole town before developing on the master plan, airing radio jingles and big banners in Port Harcourt would not work on the Okrikans, seeing what happened in Njamenze waterfront
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2010
correction please.she is not from OBAMA but OBA-AMA, that's Oba town
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Ade0001(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2010
[size=14pt]One would have expected some form of maturity on both sides?

But don't we think the Governor speech in the presence of the First lady about her people is too harsh and can possibly be seen as an attempt to bring down the woman who the community might be looking up to as their last hope?[/size]
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Biggoozz: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
Shey una don chase away Becomerich that made this thread fun for me, now I'm not reading again.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Abagworo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2010
Becomrich0:

you people have got so that that you claim some one is from Obama in Okrika , 419 . You people are scam artist.  there likely no sure place as obama.

Obama is in mbaise,okrika and kalabari.the mbaise is fully oboama but sometimes spelt obama.use your google map.
Check out this link http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/15/34.html

Anyanwu, who spoke at a constituency briefing at her country-home in Obama, Mbaise, also expressed displeasure over the erosion menace ravaging her zone
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2010
Biggoozz:

Shey una don chase away Becomerich that made this thread fun for me, now I'm not reading again.

huh
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Biggoozz: 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
Shey una don chase away Becomerich that made  this thread fun for me, now I'm not reading again.

Becomerich, Please come back now?!
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Gifo(m): 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2010
Fact is that online forumn love a ruckus.

I'm actually watching the footage of the meeting on State TV. I see them very calm and physically close. Infact, the National First lady touched and held hands with the State First lady, while the Governor was calmly speaking; it was all good. And the State government didn't say there was any friction or scolding.

Pointing out the sensitivity of the issue of demolition is not a bad thing for any true Rivers indigene, because it is indeed a sensitive issue, and by discussing it and giving advice on how to handle it- dialogue- is not bad at all. Infact, it should be commended, because we better discuss it and be in peace than keep quiet, use force and go back to the old uncertain and dangerous times. God forbid!

So please, Rivers indigenes let's work together towards peace, non-indigenes should not come here to aggravate issues. Governor Amaechi and all, I bet you, dialogue is the best way to go with a genuine agenda. We are together @ all. Great  Rivers State, the Treasure Base of the Nation.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by mrmayor(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2010
MR Money £:

@ THE MODERATORS
This a complete abuse and lack of focus, while all of us including you people  complained about the way things are done in Nigeria, level of  corruption and
other Evil vices, Nairaland moderators are going about changing the topic of my tread, its better you remove this tread from your site rather than changing the topic of my tread ?? Or is this a sign of Corrupt MODERATORS and corrupt site

Haha haha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahah ha cheesy cheesy grin grin grin wink wink LWKMD

Now that is what I call tactful, Dame Jonathan should learn from Nairaland Mods.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by rasputinn(m): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2010
MR Money £:

@ THE MODERATORS
This a complete abuse and lack of focus, while all of us including you people complained about the way things are done in Nigeria, level of corruption and

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
See vex,bros chilas ooo abeg
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by madejibo: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2010
Who the hell is the 1st lady constitutionally? A fuc.king nobody. How there her to to an elected governor of a state like that. Who is she? She is not a govt official at all. This country is just messed. Will michelle obama talk to schwerznegga like dat?
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by bkbabe97y(m): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2010
madejibo:

Will michelle obama talk to schwerznegga like dat?

You want someone to get "TERMINATED"??!
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by googles: 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2010
bk.babe97y:

You want someone to get "TERMINATED"??!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 6:05am On Aug 26, 2010
An impatient patience,
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by madejibo: 6:08am On Aug 26, 2010
In this kind of situation she can only plead nothing more she has absolute NO right to scold d gov.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2010
What do you expect from a woman who probably never had any form of proper home training and etiquette? What do expect from someone who would stoop as low as to fight publicly with other women? I really wonder where Mr Jonathan picked her up, This just goes to show you that style and class cannot be bought and that you can take the girl out of the street but you can't take the street out of the girl!!!

I shudder to think how this woman will disgrace the country when she meets up with REAL women of style and class like Michelle Obama and the Queen of England? I hope he doesn't pounce on Mrs Obama in a fit of jealous rage!!!

1 Like

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by PeeDaVinci: 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
just remembered this thread while watching the "umblera" video, cant stop laughin
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Abagworo(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
And 3 years later she's back to square one.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by cicero(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2015
I think Nigerians should learn to criticize without being abusive
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by unclejb2(m): 11:21am On Apr 15, 2015
ladej:
she wont take it easy. the power, wealth, position is something she isnt used to, so hence the abuse
U got it wrong here.... She has been at the corridors of power for over 16 years. She might have been too domineering but do not take it away from her, she is a strong, rugged and agile woman. The direct opposite of her husband. She is really a great woman but with excesses.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by ladej(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
unclejb2:
U got it wrong here.... She has been at the corridors of power for over 16 years. She might have been too domineering but do not take it away from her, she is a strong, rugged and agile woman. The direct opposite of her husband. She is really a great woman but with excesses.
corridors of power is different from power.why didn't she grab mics in 1999? Her excesses became magnified as she became first lady
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Chylo(m): 5:34am On Sep 26, 2015
...And this was the foundation, the genesis, the humble beginnings of change.

3 Likes

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by egift(m): 5:53am On Sep 26, 2015
Chylo:
...And this was the foundation, the genesis, the humble beginnings of change.

Exactly. Yet some people want us to have retain such lawlessness, where she is even more powerful than elected officials. God forbid.

Am glad we got victory over this messy possibilities.

3 Likes

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Yeske2(m): 6:26am On Sep 26, 2015
I couldn't just imagine what this country would've become if she had still remained a first lady today.
*spits*

2 Likes

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by juman(m): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2015
Yeske2:
I couldn't just imagine what this country would've become if she had still remained a first lady today.
*spits*

Thank God that her clueless husband was voted out. grin

A man that cannot MAN his own house, but was expected to MAN the whole country.

1 Like

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by agabusta: 11:35am On Sep 26, 2015
Ameachi is obviously a very matured and level-headed person. Not all men will stay cool at the way that woman behaved.

I'm sure if it was Wike that was in Amaechi's shoes he'd have lashed back at the woman and walked out on her.

They pushed Amaechi to the wall and he took the right step without recourse to any roforofo public verbal exchange.

People are not nice at all. I don't understand why they blame Amaechi for everything.

Mamma Peace frustrated the man.

They try to impeach him using just 5 Hons. He scaled through and the effect was a stoppage of the proceedings of the House of Assembly. It's only Amaechi a lot of people put the blame on, not those that tried to impeach him unconstitutionally.

They tried to manipulate the judiciary and foist a Chief Justice of the state on him against his choice. He resisted, and the aftermath was a shutdown of the courts in the state. They didn't see it fit to blame those that tried to foist a CJN on him, they heaped all the blame on him to frustrating proportions.

They stampeded him out of the PDP and embarrassed him in the party. They put some smallies in the party above him, a serving Governor. He had no choice but to decamp to another party, and was welcomed with open arms. For decamping, they put the blame on him and cursed him to the high heavens. None was reasonable enough to realise that he was frustrated out of the party and that he had no choice, except if he wants to fade into oblivion.

Rotimi keep your head high, don't mind your unreasonable haters. There is no way u can satisfy everybody. Just do ur part and leave the rest. History and mother nature will definitely justify u thereafter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) / Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty Internationa / Peter Obi Mourns Dr. Chike Akunyili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.