Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,402 members, 7,853,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

First Lady scolds governor in public. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady scolds governor in public. (16173 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / MASSOB Scolds Ohaneze: Stop Demanding Political Privileges From Buhari / Rivers Group Scolds Amaechi Over His Comment That Gej Only Developed Biafrans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by brilantio: 10:22am On Aug 25, 2010
Na wa ooo. See how ppl just make up their own conclusion of the story.

Read the full story here

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/25/national-18-08-2010-014.htm
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2010
na_so:

And you never tried to ask what an elected governor was thinking when be blocked major roads in PH for her? you never asked too why an elected governor felt it necessary to give her such details in public?  Or do you mean becuase she is the first lady she loses her right as an okrika indigene and consequently her stakeholder status?
And as the first lady,i expected her to maintain a decorum that goes in line with her status and not behaving like a pepper seller.the fact is that her statement which she made out of politics has gone against against a policy decision of the state.
The government is in charge of the state and anybody coming in is a guest including the first lady and it's expected of a sensible guest to agree with the terms and conditions of her host but patience was not patient enough to do that instead she showed off the hooliganism in her blood.''Listen to me '' ? Can you imagine  ? As she was talking to her son .
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by IbroYaya: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2010
babasoty:

just reading some folks here rile this woman really surprises me, first I speak as an Okrikan and secondly I speak as someone who was present there when it all transpired, lets get something clear I as a rivers indigene do honestly appreciate the efforts of governor Ameachi in transforming Rivers state, I am a supporter of his achievements and laudable strides, I paid in my own little way for supporting Amaechi to become the governor of Rivers state, for that I had my family house in Okrika destroyed and my mother's community in Amadi-Ama attacked cause we believed, ( that was Amaechi's slogan) now coming to this incident,
1. Patience Jonathan never took the mic from Governor Ameachi's hand, never
2. She never scolded the governor, nope she only told him to please consult with the heads and chiefs  of the community before acquiring any property for demolition rather than telling the Local government chairman to do so because land issues is seriously sensitive when it comes to Okrikans

A lot of you just talk silly without facts, have u ever been to Okrika, do you know how small Okrika is, She was right in what she said, an Okrika man can kill cus of land cus its a scarce commodity in Okrika, just because you are building a school dosen't mean people should be sent on exile, the problem with Ameachi is dialogue is not a part of him, he thinks as the governor its his right to demolish every thing in sight and pay you compensation, nope it doesn't happen that way, she was right in insisting that dialogue was the best option with the chiefs and heads of the community, Njemanze waterfront was demolished its now a parking lot for the silverbird cinema, has anything meaningful thing been placed there, Nope, I am not against development and I believe everyone has to pay a price for that, but it ought to be "Jaw jaw not War War", you dialogue with the people , this is their ancestral lands and its not easy letting go, How many of the people spewing thrash here would watch their ancestral lands taken from them without dialogue and knowing your providing an alternative for them, He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches, She's an Okrikan and she knows how serious this is for her people, so before most of you go talking rubbish hear her own views

I wanted to say the woman fell my hand well, but when I read your side of the story, i got a clearer picture of everything.
I am really in support of destroying the waterfront for development. I once leaved in PH and i know how dangerous those places were.
Demolishing those places will actually reduce crime in PH. But i must say, the way it is out is what really matters, you have to create a place  for
the people to be relocated. I know the politics involved, at times the dialogue may never come to an end so action needs to be taken radically.
The issue is very sensitive, they should have discussed it privately.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by pafegs(m): 10:29am On Aug 25, 2010
POWER!!! Thats what it does to some people. There are better ways to respectfully advice the governor without the public embarrassment. Same goes with the demolition, the powers executing the projects should do so with LOTS os caution, i mean people are involved here.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by googles: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2010
the two of them can both jump into the river.

bloody power drunks angry
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Donstan1: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2010
@poster,were u present at the okrika inland panvillon where 1st lady was hosted?If no then some of ur statement are false.I was present at ATC INLAND ystaday.Due the arrangement was poor including the public system coz when the 1st lady was addressing,her voice wasnt that loud she was bored couped with the heavy rain that failed.Mind you Mr governor wasn't present.It was only two people that made speech there.1,the chiefs spokesman of okrika council of chiefs and her exellency.I stood with 1st lady a bit far closer when 1st lady said that development is good and that everybody want it.That according to okrika people that mr governor said that he MUST demonish water front last time he visited okrika L.G.A in his town hall meeting that's going on now.And that mr governor before demonishing waterfront that he shouldnt use the word I MUST demonish and that he should enter into dialogue with okrika people.She never scolded at mr governor or collected public mich from him.Am not from okrika, i was there live.She spoked or addressed in friendly manner.@poster,quote me right that mr governor was not present at the Okrika inland panvillon ATC yestaday,
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Donstan1: 10:43am On Aug 25, 2010
@poster,were u present at the okrika inland panvillon where 1st lady was hosted?If no then some of ur statement are false.I was present at ATC INLAND ystaday.Due the arrangement was poor including the public system coz when the 1st lady was addressing,her voice wasnt that loud she was bored couped with the heavy rain that failed.Mind you Mr governor wasn't present.It was only two people that made speech there.1,the chiefs spokesman of okrika council of chiefs and her exellency.I stood with 1st lady a bit far closer when 1st lady said that development is good and that everybody want it.That according to okrika people that mr governor said that he MUST demonish water front last time he visited okrika L.G.A in his town hall meeting that's going on now.And that mr governor before demonishing waterfront that he shouldnt use the word I MUST demonish and that he should enter into dialogue with okrika people.She never scolded at mr governor or collected public mich from him.Am not from okrika, i was there live.She spoked or addressed in friendly manner.@poster,quote me right that mr governor was not present at the Okrika inland panvillon ATC yestaday,
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2010
pawa4ul:

Since I started hearing of first ladies (including LGA chairmen's wives), this is the most local of them that I have seen or heard in my lifetime. I don't blame her sha, she is exhibiting the real babaric lifestyle of her people. angry

This women disgraced the hell out of Nigerians when she was making her speech in the conference she attended in Canada or so. We should stop sending/granting this buffoon public outings. GJ should arrange a private tutor for his local wife to educate her on public addressing.

We now see why some of the military men have ceremonial wives added to their main wives
! wink

you beat me to it! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2010
I think the post read that Gov. Amaechi addressed the crowd via Video phone. Heres the original post one more again;

Mr Money: The governor was explaining by video his school project in Okrika, saying there must be demolition of some buildings to have space for the schools.

So yeah!! Nobody said the Gov. was present at the meeting, but rather talked thru Video confrenceing.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by naso2(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And as the first lady,i expected her to maintain a decorum that goes in line with her status and not behaving like a pepper seller.the fact is that her statement which she made out of politics has gone against against a policy decision of the state.
The government is in charge of the state and anybody coming in is a guest including the first lady and it's expected of a sensible guest to agree with the terms and conditions of her host but patience was not patient enough to do that instead she showed off the hooliganism in her blood.''Listen to me '' ? Can you imagine  ? As she was talking to her son .

On the first bolded text, I think you are right, but when you read Babasoty's post , you will agree that this may have been sensationally reported as payback for IBB's 10m.

You seem to be talking like we are in some military government. Ibime has stated there that there are existing suits against the govts planned action. She as the first lady and a daughter (elected or not) of okrika is a major stakeholder, and that is the right she execised.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by pawa4ul: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2010
Let us not forget her full name: Patience 'Faka' Jonathan. No wonder she is acting Faka Faka. As the name of a thing is, so is that thing, (No be me talk am, na Bible talk am). Don't you see her husband's name impacting on him, Goodluck?

Pls NL mambers strive to give your children good names. grin grin grin grin
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2010
na_so:

On the first bolded text, I think you are right, but when you read Babasoty's post , you will agree that this may have been sensationally reported as payback for IBB's 10m.

You seem to be talking like we are in some military government. Ibime has stated there that there are existing suits against the govts planned action. She as the first lady and a daughter (elected or not) of okrika is a major stakeholder, and that is the right she execised.
I'm not against her for going against the demolition but i outrightly condemned her mode of communication.the way she spoke to the governor is highly uncomplimentary and it showed that she has less regards for her office.
She should wait till she vacates that office before she start showing off her okrika behaviour.she is the wife of the president for God sake !!!
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by mrmayor(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2010
@ Pawa4ul,

Please do tell us the meaning of " FAKA" don't forget to add the full name.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 2makesense: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2010
Amechi wasn’t suppose use the word “MUST” in such an issue that has direct implication on the people’s welfare… demolishing of people’s houses it’s no fun! However Patience would have been very modest in the way she scolded him especially in front of the populace!,
well shit happens!  wink
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Ayowumie(m): 11:25am On Aug 25, 2010
I supported the first lady (even though she was branded 'wicked' when in Bayelso)for scolding the governor in public. Any right thinking daughter of the soil wud av done same.
I wud do the same thing to drive home support for the people of the land where i come from. Water front demolition has been brought into ridicule lately by some human rights activitists. The state government is just demolishing those houses without adequate compensation. IT IS NOT FAIR, IT IS EVIL
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2010
The governor is an elected official, he should know how to comment in public, the local government chairman of andoni was also elected by his people, but was publicly embarrassed and called incompetent in front of the people who elected him by Ameachi, the INC chairman was also elected by his people but was also publicly humilated in absentia in front of his Okrika kinsmen by the same governor, attend any of the town hall meetings and you'd know Ameachi feels his a demigod, publicly ridiculing traditional rulers et al, He just met his match in Patience, People just comment anyhow here talking trash without know the true situation of things in rivers state, the same patience everyone is calling names at the grand reception organised on that same day, commended the governor for his achievements and also enjoined her Okrika people to support the governor in his developmental strides in rivers state, concerning the waterfronts there was a court order retraining the governor from destroying  bundu-ama, but he was still adamant and still sent enumerators and surveyors there, someone like him who came into power through the courts should have been the first to respect the courts, we are in a democracy not an autocracy words like "I Must" "we Must" on the people who voted you and supported you is not the best, there are better options in resolving the waterfront issue before it snowballs into another inter-ethnic war in rivers state, ask any real rivers man and you'd know the waterside issue is more than just development it is also about identity and ownership of land in port harcourt, its not only in the waterfronts we have cultist Ogbakiri was a base for militants and cultist during the rivers state crisis period has it been demolished almost every rumu village in port harcourt has their own little cultist and criminals have they been demolished, in as much as the state government has to bring development to its people as that it is civic responsibility the fear of what happened in maroko is still fresh in the peoples memory and I believe dialogue is the best solution to this issue than the language of power or "Must", I still believe in my governor and would be the first to vote for him for a second tenure but I still believe in dialogue as a means of resolving this issue and that was exactly Patience Jonathan meant which everyone now terms scolding, or was advising him to dialogue with the chiefs and heads of the people a wrong idea?
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2010
serves amaechi right. a dose of his own medicine.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by naso2(m): 11:40am On Aug 25, 2010
babasoty:

The governor is an elected official, he should know how to comment in public, the local government chairman of andoni was also elected by his people, but was publicly embarrassed and called incompetent in front of the people who elected him by Ameachi, the INC chairman was also elected by his people but was also publicly humilated in absentia in front of his Okrika kinsmen by the same governor, attend any of the town hall meetings and you'd know Ameachi feels his a demigod, publicly ridiculing traditional rulers et al, He just met his match in Patience, People just comment anyhow here talking trash without know the true situation of things in rivers state, the same patience everyone is calling names at the grand reception organised on that same day, commended the governor for his achievements and also enjoined her Okrika people to support the governor in his developmental strides in rivers state, concerning the waterfronts there was a court order retraining the governor from destroying bundu-ama, but he was still adamant and still sent enumerators and surveyors there, someone like him who came into power through the courts should have been the first to respect the courts, we are in a democracy not an autocracy words like "I Must" "we Must" on the people who voted you and supported you is not the best, there are better options in resolving the waterfront issue before it snowballs into another inter-ethnic war in rivers state, ask any real rivers man and you'd know the waterside issue is more than just development it is also about identity and ownership of land in port harcourt, its not only in the waterfronts we have cultist Ogbakiri was a base for militants and cultist during the rivers state crisis period has it been demolished almost every rumu village in port harcourt has their own little cultist and criminals have they been demolished, in as much as the state government has to bring development to its people as that it is civic responsibility the fear of what happened in maroko is still fresh in the peoples memory and I believe dialogue is the best solution to this issue than the language of power or "Must", I still believe in my governor and would be the first to vote for him for a second tenure but I still believe in dialogue as a means of resolving this issue and that was exactly Patience Jonathan meant which everyone now terms scolding, or was advising him to dialogue with the chiefs and heads of the people a wrong idea?

You said it all.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 25, 2010
Let us not forget her full name: Patience 'Faka' Jonathan. No wonder she is acting Faka Faka. As the name of a thing is, so is that thing, (No be me talk am, na Bible talk am). Don't you see her husband's name impacting on him, Goodluck?

Pls NL mambers strive to give your children good names.    

Wow, ignorance is bliss they say, guess ur just showing off your behemoth ignorance, while your at it i hope your folks also gave you a sensible name, and for your information her name is ibifaka, i guess u might not even know the meaning, you just pick what you think is okay and make your comment.I pity people like you
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by SamMilla1(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2010
Very stupid Woman. What right does she have to scold elected Official of the state, in his own domain ?
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by tokunegiye(m): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2010
strong okrika woman, just speaking for her people
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by naso2(m): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2010
Sam Milla:

Very silly Woman. What right does she have to scold elected Official of the state, in his own domain ?

Silly post. The same right the elected governor has to scold those that voted him into power.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by mojdot: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2010
pls let us mind the way we respond to issues here. First i'm not supporting her for scolding governor in public, but i want to believe that this woman is old enough to be a mother to some of us, and if at all she is, i also believe that when we meet in the house, we can never never shout at her or talk to her anyhow. I'm not saying we are not entitle to our own opinion, but pls and pls for God's sake, let us always control our emotions before responding to issues.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2010
Sam Milla:

Very silly Woman. What right does she have to scold elected Official of the state, in his own domain ?
I guess she must have drank some ogogoro before making that comment.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by phantom(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2010
did some of you actually read through these comments?pls dont be quick to insult the woman abeg. some people have posted wat actually happened. meanwhile,would we get the same response from okirika indigenes if it was an okirika governor threatening to do this?pls be honest.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by teejan: 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2010
Amaechi is a dumb fool,he talks arrogantly and is busy doing nothing in Rivers state,he is a mediocre Governor,he stole funds under Odilis tenure and now wants to tout himself a saint,it will only take time for karma to catch up with him,he believes he can forcefully displace locals from their abode,the Niger-Delta celebrates mediocrity in the S/West cum Lagos,Amaechi would never be voted in as a councillor,he doesnt have the sterling qualities of a leader,rash and unbridled talk.Let him take a cue from BRF,dumb idiot!
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2010
teejan:

Amaechi is a dumb fool,he talks arrogantly and is busy doing nothing in Rivers state,he is a mediocre Governor,he stole funds under Odilis tenure and now wants to tout himself a saint,it will only take time for karma to catch up with him,he believes he can forcefully displace locals from their abode,the Niger-Delta celebrates mediocrity in the S/West come Lagos,Amaechi would never be voted in as a councillor,he doesnt have the sterling qualities of a leader,rash and unbridled talk.Let him take a cue from BRF,dumb !
Haba. . .how could he have stolen money under odili when he was speaker of the Assembly ? And besides they were not on talking when odili did not support him for the governorship seat
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by xtri: 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2010
who is this stupid and arrogant woman because her husband is the president she thinks can abuse  the governor of the state. it that babangida that started the stupid position of First lady and that is another avenue they are embezzling the fund of this country this stupid act cannot or never happen in the developed country eg can u imagine obama's wife to abuse a governor of a state in US is imposible because she knows the implication of such act but in nigeria every thing goes. look at the stupid people shouting praises at the stupid woman
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2010
did some of you actually read through these comments?pls dont be quick to insult the woman abeg. some people have posted wat actually happened. meanwhile,would we get the same response from okirika indigenes if it was an okirika governor threatening to do this?pls be honest.

Well my bro an Okrika man has been governor of rivers state, when he was governor there was waterside he never tried bullying anyone to develop or demolish it, same thing with Odili and this was because they knew the waterside issue is sitting on a tinderbox, u handle it with care, caution, reasoning and more especially dialogue this is what Ameachi doesn't understand, his actions even if good would be mis-understood by the Okrikans as another Ikwerre agenda to claim ownership of Port-Harcourt and the displacement of the Okrikans in Port Harcourt, He should handle it with reason and dialogue and do away with the "By Fire By Force" language
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Kinezeala(m): 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2010
an illetrate unpolished woman scolding an intellitual governor?
Chai,misplaced power,infact this na power miss road.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by sayso: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
Kinezeala:

an illetrate unpolished woman scolding an intellitual governor?
Chai,misplaced power,infact this na power miss road.
Try intellectual.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by spikedcylinder: 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
oyb:
is this the best our resident spokesman for johnahan has to say about the bizarre, bovine, and utterly classless actions of madam it is not easy to carry second  

if this is what we are seeing now - who knows what we will see when gej is operation totalited into office

maybe she will actually have her aides threaten  ameachi - iyabo obasanjo/gbenga daniel style ?

i see bad things in store for ph going by the actions of the first thugess

by their wives you shall know em -  just as in the case of yardua, where turai wears the trousers - does this mean we can expect 4 years of rule of patience - behind every weak president is an over ambitious first lady

Is that right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Inaugurates Standing Committees / Female Students Arrested In Akwa Ibom Over Campaign Mobilization Fee. Photos / How Ministers, Bureaucrats, Lawmakers Hijack Federal Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.