Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants (5379 Views)

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government / Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by OAM4J: 5:43am On Aug 26, 2010

[size=13pt]PHCN Strike: Military Engineers to Take over Power Plants[/size]

Federal Government has directed military engineers to be on standby to operate the nation's power plants if electricity workers fail to call off their strike today, THISDAY was told last night.
Social and economic activities were paralysed following an industrial action by electricity workers, under the aegis of the National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) and the Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Compa-nies (SSAEAC), over non-payment of monetisation arrears by the Federal Government.

A meeting between the workers and the Minister of State for Power, Mr. Nuhu Wya, as well as the Minister of Labour, Mr. Chukwuemeka Wogu, held at the Secretariat of NUEE in Yaba, Lagos last night, to resolve the crisis, could not be concluded at the time of this report but it was expected that the workers would call off the action at the end of the negotiations.

But THISDAY learnt that government views the strike as “economic sabotage” and blackmail, coming two days to the launch of the Electricity Road Map – the comprehensive power policy of President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.
The military engineers are expected to man and operate the installations pending the resolution of the crisis, to avoid the blackout being prolonged.

Continue Here
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by OAM4J: 5:44am On Aug 26, 2010
This is becoming interesting!
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by usmanite: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2010
It doesn't make any difference, after all we have been using "I pass my neighbour" over the years now. I hereby recommend their sacking. FG take note.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by cyril10(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2010
Clip the feathers of this nuaty PHCN officials, no good people, who really cares about them anyway. Most of them are very rich due to the illegal money they get from people  by wickedness.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by mrofficial(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2010
Even when they were not on strike, the electricity was not available. They have been on strike for years, they just fully went on strike.

I still don't know the day Nigerians will stand up and disconnect their wires and say NO to PHCN. We only pay for nothing. Indirectly (We dey pay maga money)

By the time we do this and they loose billions, they will not take us for magas anymore.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by jamace(m): 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2010
Good. I like this development
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by reubeno(m): 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2010
It's becoming interesting!!! soon they will move to ASO ROCK . lol grin grin
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by andyanders: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2010
NEPA OR NO NEPA, OR WHATEVER THEY CALL THEM SHOULD BE BANNED. LET THEM GO FROM THEIR STRICK. WHAT DO THEY WANT? ONE DAY, THEY WILL END LIKE NITEL. MOST OF THE NITEL GUYS ARE NOW LIKE RAG.THEY WERE SO WICKED THAT THEY LOOK AT YOU AS NOBODY, BUT TODAY, THEY BEGG FOR FOOD. PHCN STAFF JUST LIKE NITEL WILL ONE DAY FALL INTO SAME LEVEL. THEY DONT GIVE YOU LIGHT BUT THEY CARRY LADDER FOR DISCONNECTION. SOMETIME, THEY GIVE BILL FOR WHAT YOU DONT USE. IF YOU MAYBE PAID N2,000 LAST MONTH,, NEXT MONTH, THEY WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER BILL, MAYBE N70,000 AND IF YOU COMPLAIN, THEY WILL TELL YOU, JUST GO AND PAY, OR SOME OF THEIR STAFF, WILL COME BEHIND TO ASK YOU TO GIVE THEM HALF AND THEY WILL WIPE OFF THE OTHER. WHICH TRANSLATES THAT THEY DO THIS INTENTIONALLY. WE USE GENERATOR ALMOST ROUND THE YEAR, WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT PHCN OR NEPA LITE.IF WE GET AN ALTERNATIVE, TO HELL WITH THEM[i][/i]
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Spyker: 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2010
Who cares if NEPA or NEP PLC or PHCN or whatever they call themselves go to strike, it makes no difference. It would not change their reasoning and poor service delivery. If you ask me, i will suggest that they all go and let us stay in total darkness and plan something steady for the sector instead of managing bunch of misfit.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by bioye(m): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2010
Can you correct the spelling on the home page from PHNC to PHCN?
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by chelseabmw(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2010
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by TewMuch: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2010
Good.Let's see what the millitary engineers can do.It will also give the country a clear account of what is going on and an opportunity for a good audit.If they can sustain the electricity they should be given the contract pending PHCN's privatization.While all the useless PHCN officials should be sacked.On the other hand,I wonder if this news is still valid though.I read on punch that the strike has been called off.Maybe their terms were met, or people called their bluff.One day strike.Buncha chickens.lol
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by jamace(m): 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2010
The military remains the last resort for the existence of Nigeria. It is therefore very crucial that the government attend to their needs.

Read here:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/26/the-armed-forces-tacos-pencom-and-the-rumbling-threat/
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by mainostick: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2010
so NEPA still exist. i've not seen NEPA light in my neighbourhood for the past 6month, because we have vowed never to donate money for the rutine transformer donations, which thesame NEPA officials come at night to steal the transformer oil, this has happened over 7 times in two years, because we are masses nobody cares to listen to us.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by wazobiaN9(m): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2010
We have sufferred for decades at the hands of these enemies of progress called NEPA/PHCN workers (& their cohorts in the govt and business echelon, ) We can wait out a few more wks/mths of blackout to get rid of this rubbish. Enough is enough! angry
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by hadji127(m): 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2010
Why this kinda of shit happening to us as a nation. Most precisely the Giant of AFRICA.
What change can the military render?
I WISH AM NOT a nigeria. Meanwhile, God bless naija
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2010
thats the only language we understand. THE RULE OF FORCE. WE ONLY UNDERSTAND WHEN WE HAVE RECEIVED OUR BEATING. WE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN THIS WAY. UNIONS ARE NEVER PARTNERS IN PROGRESS. ASK BRITISH AIRWAYS.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by philip0906(m): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2010
hadji127:

Why this kinda of poo happening to us as a nation. Most precisely the Giant of AFRICA.
What change can the military render?
I WISH AM NOT a nigeria. Meanwhile, God bless naija
grin grin grin
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Africanson: 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2010
PHCN or NEPA or whatever you call yourself you can go on strike forever. Irrespective of your differences with the government I can tell you for sure that Nigerians don't care whether you go on strike because there's no difference whether you are on strike or not. You will NEVER provide electricity when not on strike. Your real meaning below.

PHCN

P- Please

H- Help

C- Candle

N- Nigeria

NEPA

N- Never

E- Expect

P- Power

A- Always
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by 2makesense: 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2010
Am loving this trend of action wink…, fingers crossed! cool undecided cheesy
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by sylve11: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2010
al-qaeda:

thats the only language we understand. THE RULE OF FORCE. WE ONLY UNDERSTAND WHEN WE HAVE RECEIVED OUR BEATING. WE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN THIS WAY. UNIONS ARE NEVER PARTNERS IN PROGRESS. ASK BRITISH AIRWAYS.

lol, so true! grin cool
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by vyruscool(m): 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2010
I'm in support of this,

And every other parastatus shuld also take note o!!!
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Ajike: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2010
Av said this before and am saying it again, all these pple should go to hell for all i care. what is their usefulness to us, our relationship is that of monkey dey work baboo dey chop. everymonth you pay 4 wot u dont use and they will be proud to even threaten u of cuttin off your wire if u dont pay in time. they can strike till thy kingdom come for all i care. Is there any day in this country that we dot light our candles or put on our gen? is there any DAY? awon oloshi olori buruku. i will leave my hse as early as 5am in d morning coming back late in the night moday to friday only to use d light may b 2 to 3 hrs per week and at end of the month bringing crazy bill, let them even shut down forever, who cares?
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by agitator: 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2010
jamace:

The military remains the last resort for the existence of Nigeria. It is therefore very crucial that the government attend to their needs.

Read here:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/26/the-armed-forces-tacos-pencom-and-the-rumbling-threat/

No cause for alarm. What of those who die while waiting to collect the pensions. NO SHAKING. Nothing for them
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by sley4life(m): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2010
2 bad this shit is happening
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Nymphnode(m): 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2010
I think this had happened before in the 90's and I believe the top Nepa man was sent to the firing squad then. ( So I heard)
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Smi1(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2010
andyanders:

NEPA OR NO NEPA, OR WHATEVER THEY CALL THEM SHOULD BE BANNED. LET THEM GO FROM THEIR STRICK. WHAT DO THEY WANT? ONE DAY, THEY WILL END LIKE NITEL. MOST OF THE NITEL GUYS ARE NOW LIKE RAG.THEY WERE SO WICKED THAT THEY LOOK AT YOU AS NOBODY, BUT TODAY, THEY BEGG FOR FOOD. PHCN STAFF JUST LIKE NITEL WILL ONE DAY FALL INTO SAME LEVEL. THEY DONT GIVE YOU LIGHT BUT THEY CARRY LADDER FOR DISCONNECTION. SOMETIME, THEY GIVE BILL FOR WHAT YOU DONT USE. IF YOU MAYBE PAID N2,000 LAST MONTH,, NEXT MONTH, THEY WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER BILL, MAYBE N70,000 AND IF YOU COMPLAIN, THEY WILL TELL YOU, JUST GO AND PAY, OR SOME OF THEIR STAFF, WILL COME BEHIND TO ASK YOU TO GIVE THEM HALF AND THEY WILL WIPE OFF THE OTHER. WHICH TRANSLATES THAT THEY DO THIS INTENTIONALLY. WE USE GENERATOR ALMOST ROUND THE YEAR, WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT PHCN OR NEPA LITE.IF WE GET AN ALTERNATIVE, TO HELL WITH THEM[i][/i]

Gbam !, but why the CAPS ?
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by honeric01(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2010
[size=14pt] UP NEPA, I WONDER WHO'S IN CHARGE NOW, IS IT THE MILITARY TECHNICIANS OR NEPA STAFFS HAVE GONE BACK TO WORK?

ALL THE SAME, LET ME SAVE MY FUEL AND TURN ON THE NEPA LIGHT cool cool cool[/size]
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by belelikfin(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2010
It is a good thing that our military will be busy, not only staying in their barracks doing nothing and expecting money at the end of the month.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by sandee575(f): 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2010
Your military engineers cant keep a candle burning, talk less of running plants that only
PHCN people know how they've been running and which nobody else can understand
their modus operandi. Government is just flexing fake muscle and trying to make people think
that they have such reserves. The only reserve lies in peppersoup and cold beer at mammy market.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by googles: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

up nepa !!!
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by honeric01(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2010
googles:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

up nepa !!!

so dem just on una light? you must be living in a 3rd class area cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos CJ Frees 129 Inmates From Ikoyi Prison / Where R Those Who Protested Subsidy Removal? / Made In Nigeria Armour Cars, Jeep Etc-yoruba Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.