Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants (5386 Views)

Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government / Jonathan Hands Over Power On May The 28th Not The 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 26, 2010
al-qaeda:

thats the only language we understand. THE RULE OF FORCE. WE ONLY UNDERSTAND WHEN WE HAVE RECEIVED OUR BEATING. WE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN THIS WAY. UNIONS ARE NEVER PARTNERS IN PROGRESS. ASK BRITISH AIRWAYS.

TOUCHE
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Kazashi(m): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy serioudsl hopn dis i true,,,,,,coz em, undecided undecided
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by hackney(m): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2010
Heard in the news earlier that they had called off the strike.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2010
hackney:

Heard in the news earlier that they had called off the strike.
Who send them ? I guess the called off the strike when they heard about the miltary electricians coming to take over the duty.i recommend a downward review of their salaries cuz they do nothing to justify any increment.useless homo sapiens
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Beaf: 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2010
Let those clowns strike till next century. Jonathan can always find a pool of trained dudes, always ready and willing in the army.

Uncle Joe, fire on full ahead o! Privatise every single PHCN official jare!
Afterall if they knew their jobs, the govt wouldn't be strategising on how to uproot the cancer of PHCN from 9ja.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by fatai2: 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2010
From little analysis we have about 100,000 jobless graduates including engineers. Oga Gudluck wat are u still doing with these bunch of oldies? Just call for PHCN recruitment and see wonders,
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Harzan(m): 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2010
UP NEPA
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2010
Harzan:

UP NEPA
Now go and off your generator cuz i know say your don buy fuel tire.lol
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 27, 2010
Nepa or phcn dem no well at all. They need REHAB
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by odumchi: 12:50am On Aug 27, 2010
Good News  smiley

But it will also leave thousands jobless undecided

A sensible president shall see that NEPA has failed us and would import foreign power companies like ConEdison which is powering most of America.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by googles: 10:38am On Aug 27, 2010
honeric01:

so dem just on una light? you must be living in a 3rd class area cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

yes o and since that time my light hasn't blinked for a minute cheesy
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by nearest(m): 10:59am On Aug 27, 2010
Some people here don't understand the structure of PHCN thats why you won't appreciate what some of them are doing. PHCN has three companies, viz generation, distribution, and transmission. If you all pour abuse on the distribution workers i won't have problem with that, but not on the generation workers.
How many of you have been to the generating plants recently to see the conditions of the plants that these workers make sure are running daily, most of these plants where manufactured by the germans and spares are no longer being manufactured, yet these staffs are expected to keep these plants working.
Why can't they be paid same salary with workers of NNPC? If government should spend half of what they spend on NNPC for turn-around maintenance for PHCN-GENERATION there will be enough megawatts for TRANSMISSION to transmitt, and maybe the corrupt DISTRIBUTION STAFF will not have excuse of RATIONING of power in keeping areas in darkness.
Finally, military engineers cannot, i repeat CANNOT operate PHCN facilities, these equipments are not modern and the way equipment are expected to be operated on the manuals is not the same on the plant.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Harzan(m): 11:25am On Aug 27, 2010
nearest:

Some people here don't understand the structure of PHCN thats why you won't appreciate what some of them are doing. PHCN has three companies, viz generation, distribution, and transmission. If you all pour abuse on the distribution workers i won't have problem with that, but not on the generation workers.
How many of you have been to the generating plants recently to see the conditions of the plants that these workers make sure are running daily, most of these plants where manufactured by the germans and spares are no longer being manufactured, yet these staffs are expected to keep these plants working.
Why can't they be paid same salary with workers of NNPC? If government should spend half of what they spend on NNPC for turn-around maintenance for PHCN-GENERATION there will be enough megawatts for TRANSMISSION to transmitt, and maybe the corrupt DISTRIBUTION STAFF will not have excuse of RATIONING of power in keeping areas in darkness.
Finally, military engineers cannot, i repeat CANNOT operate PHCN facilities, these equipments are not modern and the way equipment are expected to be operated on the manuals is not the same on the plant.

I digged dat, U just z it all.
These guyz @ PHCN are really working, surferrin and smillin cos dey av no option!!
The equipment! OMG! Nothin ta talk abt, Wen I did my I.T wiv dem @ Ajah SS,
Walahi, Nobody tell me b4 i carry waka commot!!!

God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by ADEMOSU(m): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2010
PHCN strike ! what effect . Option? let bring in more i better pass my neighbour Generator ! grin
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by jpphilips(m): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2010
Your military engineers cant keep a candle burning, talk less of running plants that only
PHCN people know how they've been running and which nobody else can understand
their modus operandi. Government is just flexing fake muscle and trying to make people think
that they have such reserves. The only reserve lies in peppersoup and cold beer at mammy market.

And you sincerely think that it will take Rocket Science to Run those power plants?
perhaps the Military will throw more light on "low shading","state lines and federal lines",33,000kva and 11,000kva craps Nepa feed us with
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by oladayo042: 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2010
Who gives a hoot whether NEPA PHCN exists or not. I better pass my neighbour grin grin grin
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by JimmyBoy1: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2010
Oh Yea, that is what they do North Korea, Khaki Boys are Teachers,Doctors, Engineers e.t.c out there, it is nice to hear that three is a contigency plan.

Government should accede to any reasonable demand, but they must not succumb to blackmail.

Long Live Nigera
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by JimmyBoy1: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2010
Oga Fatai 2, dem go need to train fresh grauates before being deployed to work in high voltage facilities o! otherwise,

Ordinarily a graduate of Elect Elect should have a short stint on any of these facilities before completing his education , but it is usually theories and class work all the way, save for lucky few.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by JimmyBoy1: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2010
nearest:

The scenario you painted is an Half-truth, can you please explain how PHCN got to this state of having to operate equipment without spares from manufatcure and stuff like that,

I may not know exactly how PHCN operates, but I am sure of one fact. Whenever technical people have to manage obsolete or wont out equipment as claimed by you, then the level of sleaze is always astronomical. Engineers and technicians will always be happy to raise vouchers and issue LPOs with reckless abandon. The point here is that, if the equipment are in such a bad state, then the engineer and technicians surely love it that way. Therfore Government must impelment necessary changes
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by jamace(m): 5:20am On Aug 28, 2010

Except for the highlighted, I agree with you.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by johndavid1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2010
nepa or phcn una bad oh they don refuse to give us light all our soup don spoil finish sotay we don begin dey chop sawad soup chai!! cry cry cry
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Allwell(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
I wonder who was responsible for the switch on yesterday, the military guys or PHCN officials.
The level of corruption in that sector is alarming! President Jonathan please carry out a revamp of that sector and other sectors immediately!!!
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by homerac7: 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2010
Insert Quote

ds guy is damn right! d intricacies of operatin a power station is above what anyone who is not in its day to day running can just crash into. mayb if they take time to get trained on d particular machineries, they can grasp , but not just jumping out of nowhere and forming xpert. the military electrical engineers may hav never worked on so complex a system b4 and even if som have, not on these.

And you sincerely think that it will take Rocket Science to Run those power plants?
perhaps the Military will throw more light on "low shading","state lines and federal lines",33,000kva and 11,000kva craps Nepa feed us with

no, it doesnt take a rocket science to do dt, bt it requires power plant expertise 'science'.

I may not know exactly how PHCN operates, but I am sure of one fact. Whenever technical people have to manage obsolete or wont out equipment as claimed by you, then the level of sleaze is always astronomical. Engineers and technicians will always be happy to raise vouchers and issue LPOs with reckless abandon. The point here is that, if the equipment are in such a bad state, then the engineer and technicians surely love it that way. Therfore Government must impelment necessary changes

while a lot of pople in govt businesses r corrupt including engineers and technicians, dat doesnt mean dt its their fault workin wt poorly maintained equipments. d buraucracy of govt doesnt support effective maintenance system. d people hav to work, but hav poor equipment to work wt. u pay ur nepa bills into banks wc they remit to cbn, hence the fg. but when theres need for xpenditure, it has to come down through ministries and complex bureaucracy, thus takn time and sometimes disappearing or becoming insufficient for the now aggravated damages.

the final solution is sellin the entity off.
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Kaliph(m): 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
cheesy
bioye:
Can you correct the spelling on the home page from PHNC to PHCN?
grin
bioye:
Can you correct the spelling on the home page from PHNC to PHCN?
Re: Phcn strike: military Engineers To Take Over Power Plants by Kaliph(m): 11:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
undecided
This is Nigeria undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S Declassified Memo Accuses Murtala Muhammad Of Genocide / Abu Ali Actually Died in the Hands of Boko Haram... Fresh Details Emerge / Let Me Tell You About John Togo A Freedom Fighter(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.