Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo (56413 Views)

South Africa President Encouraged Lady Looking For Job To Keep Searching / 'Ghetto Name': Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Sounds Too Local / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
See yeye people both online here and those who went for the interview.

Ask them to vote in a younger Sowore they'll ask him to go start from being a counsellor.

These same ones will vote for Atiku, a man that sold the national companies that would have employed you jobless lots.

You never chichumchin...y'all will cry blood, better pray Atiku never gets there.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by kingsfire: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2019
Gerrard59:

Wait oh, is the job really a sweeper/street cleaner kind of job? shocked
Yes o
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by kingsfire: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
pocohantas:

Why on earth would a 2.1 graduate of the prestigious UNN go for this? I understand that the country is a mess, but she can do better.

Please how old is she, what did she study and where is she based?
She's 22
Based in Enugu
Studied Science Education
Please she really needs a job
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by pocohantas(f): 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2019
kingsfire:

She's 22
Based in Enugu
Studied Science Education
Please she really needs a job

If you can give me her CV, I will forward it to someone who knows someone. I won't promise much, but I will do my best to follow up to a test invite.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Platony(m): 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
that's very wise of you, hustle pays legit, God bless and expand you more... We are at that stage in this country where we need to create jobs and not wait for government.... I'm

Amen,..God Bless u too

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by farouk2much(m): 12:21am On Feb 21, 2019
There is no hope for this country
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by talk2saintify(m): 12:29am On Feb 21, 2019
ogawisdom:
The pay may not be up to 15k yet this crowd

Vacancy is many as they need 1000 road sweepers Enugu will become the cleanest city in Nigeria soon

This is like the best job anyone can do.
A 2hours job (4am-6am). 30K monthly salary

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by tsinzu: 12:35am On Feb 21, 2019
No work, no money, the dullard has destroyed the economy
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Danwilliams4u43: 1:21am On Feb 21, 2019
ogawisdom:
The pay may not be up to 15k yet this crowd

Vacancy is many as they need 1000 road sweepers Enugu will become the cleanest city in Nigeria soon

The pay is 30k a month

And

You will work for 2hour daily, from 4am to 6am

Some of them still have another job

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 21, 2019
yomi961:
this is what apc has reduced Nigeria and indeed Nigerians too.
deliberately make you poor then share garri and kulikuli for you during election to buy your votes

meanwhile
I am willing to pay for the transportation is any (1) patriotic Nigerian, going down to lagos, Ibadan or ogun to vote on Saturday form kaduna. First come first serve
You must show your pvc Ooo
Good bless atiku
Good bless the good people of Nigeria
Vote pdp vote peace of mind
Idiot PDP rogue party have been in power in enugu for 20 years......
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by winterfell007(m): 1:34am On Feb 21, 2019
bluefilm:

I am willing to pay the salary for one year of any kind English teacher who will volunteer to teach you good English for at least, four months... depending on your learning progress.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Lugar14(m): 1:48am On Feb 21, 2019
There are no food, no job, no money yet Buhari want to recontest again. The man is crazy.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Danchibez: 3:04am On Feb 21, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
The level of joblessness is rising, qualifications don't even guaranty u will be employed... I advice under graduates to learn a skill while in school.

My dear Nigerian tertiary education is becoming useless day by day. Many regrets wasting their time and money in university for nothing to show up and even considering Igbo apprenticeship/skill learning as better options for livelihood in this era. Too bad for 9ja..

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Dshocker(m): 3:08am On Feb 21, 2019
Luvlyna:
Omo people should be learning trade or professional skills on their own.
We can't continue deceiving ourselves, there are no jobs in this country

That is why you see so many guys into advance fee fraud and our girls into prostitution

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nchetttaa(f): 3:13am On Feb 21, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Nothing wrong with being a road cleaner seriously.
Nigerians and entitlement mentality- (name a better duo)..

PS= their work is not tha much.. i think dey do clean the road once or twice in a week.. more of part time job. You can still do other work

It's everyday job.. Every morning
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 3:30am On Feb 21, 2019
SIRTee15:

Oga a graduate isn't trained to be a cleaner...
Be it naija or USA....
It's called underemployment and it's a sign of slow growth and lack of economic opportunity....
Why should someone waste 4 years of his life if he knew the certificate is only worthy to secure a cleaner job....

Now u mentioned dignity in labour....
That's statement doesn't exist in nigeria....
It's only valid when the wage in such labour is enough to take u home and meet your needs....
In developed countries where minimum wage ensures a sufficient basic pay, then u can talk of dignity in labour....

What's dignity in a graduate earning 21,000 a month...
Nonsense....
Dude forgot that some jobs are better left than taken else they shut down your thinking faculty apart from other grave hazards attached to being on the road with little or no safety gadgets to avoid accidents.
When I was jobless I quickly started teaching. From one tutorial to the other. IJMB to SSCE/JAMB to Cambridge exam prep class to private tutoring. I did this to free up my time with enough flexibility to look for other means while the former suffices.
Graduate shd think out better alternatives than taking up hazardous road cleaning jobs. Rank nonsense
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 3:34am On Feb 21, 2019
afroniger:
And what is wrong with being a cleaner? There are barely enough jobs to go around yet some people are looking down on some type of jobs. Smh. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. Una no mind to go do cleaner work and other so-called 'dirty' jobs abroad in spite of all una university degrees but here in Nigeria una go dey form. There is dignity in honest labour biko. It's better to work as a cleaner and work your way into something bigger and better than be crying about being jobless and hungry.

----
And for the rest of you mentioning me and talking crap, y'all are free to stay/remain broke while complaining about being jobless and still eating your parents' food as unemployed glorified graduates, waiting for that 'befitting' job that will never come while you grow gray hairs in your father's house. Na your choice but don't come here knocking other folks that are more pragmatic about the job market and are ready and not too proud to work to earn a living no matter how small.
I cringed at your mention of "entitlement mentality" in your article quoted above. Is this what you called that?
Well that aside...

You clearly forgot that some jobs are better left than taken else they shut down your thinking faculty apart from other grave hazards attached to being on the road with little or no safety gadgets to avoid accidents.
When I was jobless I quickly started teaching. From one tutorial to the other. IJMB to SSCE/JAMB to Cambridge exam prep class to private tutoring. I did this to free up my time with enough flexibility to look for other means while the former suffices.
Graduate shd think out better alternatives than taking up hazardous road cleaning jobs. Arrant nonsense
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by 9jaRealist: 3:57am On Feb 21, 2019
afroniger:
And what is wrong with being a cleaner? There are barely enough jobs to go around yet some people are looking down on some type of jobs. Smh. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. Una no mind to go do cleaner work and other so-called 'dirty' jobs abroad in spite of all una university degrees but here in Nigeria una go dey form. There is dignity in honest labour biko. It's better to work as a cleaner and work your way into something bigger and better than be crying about being jobless and hungry.

----
And for the rest of you mentioning me and talking crap, y'all are free to stay/remain broke while complaining about being jobless and still eating your parents' food as unemployed glorified graduates, waiting for that 'befitting' job that will never come while you grow gray hairs in your father's house. Na your choice but don't come here knocking other folks that are more pragmatic about the job market and are ready and not too proud to work to earn a living no matter how small.

Thank you! cool

There's DIGNITY in all HONEST labor, but some folks will deride these ones and hail (or defend) Yahoo Boys! SMDH

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by 9jaRealist: 4:06am On Feb 21, 2019
Mac2016:

Dude forgot that some jobs are better left than taken else they shut down your thinking faculty apart from other grave hazards attached to being on the road with little or no safety gadgets to avoid accidents.
Graduate shd think out better alternatives than taking up hazardous road cleaning jobs. Rank nonsense

NO job retards your so-called "thinking faculty" (unless perhaps it was not there to begin with grin).

Many of our parents' generation when they first traveled abroad engaged in all kinds of menial jobs (janitorial, wiping ass in nursing homes, security guards, busing tables, etc.) until they were able to secure the credentials and/or certification for better jobs. EVERY job is a LEARNING experience, and if you are compelled to become a cleaner try to be the BEST darn cleaner there is. Not only will you develop great work habits but you just never know who is out there watching or whose path will cross with yours.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by afroniger: 4:53am On Feb 21, 2019
Mac2016:

I cringed at your mention of "entitlement mentality" in your article quoted above. Is this what you called that?
Well that aside...

You clearly forgot that some jobs are better left than taken else they shut down your thinking faculty apart from other grave hazards attached to being on the road with little or no safety gadgets to avoid accidents.
Graduate shd think out better alternatives than taking up hazardous road cleaning jobs. Arrant nonsense

You are a perfect poster boy for the entitlement mentality I spoke about. Nobody owes you any job with a fat paycheck just because you have a university degree or simply because you are a graduate. Not in Nigeria, not anywhere else. But if you think you deserve a fat paycheck then go ahead and create opportunities for yourself rather than sitting on your ass waiting for savy entrepreneurs to go through the grind of building their successful businesses just so you can stroll in and take a plum position in their company simply because you are a graduate. The world has evolved beyond that my guy so you better wake up and smell the coffee. The Masters degree of today is the Bsc of yesterday because there are way too many degreed graduates than there are jobs to absorb them so quit flattering yourself by looking down on those that are realistic and not too proud enough to get something doing to earn a decent living.

I know graduate females who drive 'hazardous' keke napep today and are taking home no less han 5k per day and meeting their financial needs while other able-bodied glorified graduates are still roaming the streets or sitting at home lamenting and sulking about lack of jobs as if anybody owes them a job. Like seriously.

If you really feel entitled to that great job with a fat pay because you a graduate then be man enough to CREATE that job and pay yourself what you feel you deserve, because nobody owes you a job my friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 5:14am On Feb 21, 2019
afroniger:

You are a perfect poster boy for the entitlement mentality I spoke about. Nobody owes you any job with a fat paycheck just because you have a university degree or simply because you are a graduate. Not in Nigeria, not anywhere else. But if you think you deserve a fat paycheck then go ahead and create opportunities for yourself rather than sitting on your ass waiting for savy entrepreneurs to go through the grind of building their successful businesses just so you can stroll in and take a plum position in their company simply because you are a graduate. The world has evolved beyond that my guy so you better wake up and smell the coffee. The Masters degree of today is the Bsc of yesterday because there are way too many degreed graduates than there are jobs to absorb them so quit flattering yourself by looking down on those that are realistic and not too proud enough to get something doing to earn a decent living.

I know graduate females who drive 'hazardous' keke napep today and are taking home no less han 5k per day and meeting their financial needs while other able-bodied glorified graduates are still roaming the streets or sitting at home lamenting and sulking about lack of jobs as if anybody owes them a job. Like seriously.

If you really feel entitled to that great job with a fat pay because you a graduate then be man enough to CREATE that job and pay yourself what you feel you deserve, because nobody owes you a job my friend.
On a fact check. How many job creators do we have? Even in the countries you would like to use as reference. If we all create jobs who will now do the created jobs. And if what you called entitlement mentality is when someone gets qualified, get hired and delivering quality service then you need a rethink. In my opinion you have committed no crime if you render quality service and get paid for it. Stop glorifying a failed system!
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 5:19am On Feb 21, 2019
9jaRealist:

NO job retards your so-called "thinking faculty" (unless perhaps it was not there to begin with grin).

Many of our parents' generation when they first traveled abroad engaged in all kinds of menial jobs (janitorial, wiping ass in nursing homes, security guards, busing tables, etc.) until they were able to secure the credentials and/or certification for better jobs. EVERY job is a LEARNING experience, and if you are compelled to become a cleaner try to be the BEST darn cleaner there is. Not only will you develop great work habits but you just never know who is out there watching or whose path will cross with yours.
You don't necessarily have to build your attitude with denigrating items you called jobs, bro. There are many other dignifying means of achieving your out laid "learning experience". If you think hard you will discover there are other better ways of bettering your life than picturing abroad menial jobs as pleasant jobs to build your character with. Reach for the stars and stop living on a low mind. I detailed my experience with you but you generously skipped it as expected. Kindly rethink your process and you will get better for it.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 5:21am On Feb 21, 2019
9jaRealist:

You don't necessarily have to build your attitude with denigrating items you called jobs, bro. There are many other dignifying means of achieving your out laid "learning experience". If you think hard you will discover there are other better ways of bettering your life than picturing abroad menial jobs as pleasant jobs to build your character with. Reach for the stars and stop living on a low mind. I detailed my experience with you but you generously skipped it as expected. Kindly rethink your process and you will get better for it.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ogawisdom(m): 5:22am On Feb 21, 2019
talk2saintify:

This is like the best job anyone can do.
A 2hours job (4am-6am). 30K monthly salary

Lol 4am is unholy hour to leave your house especially when there is serious insecurity in the country. One may meet ritualists, cultist or armed robbers. It's Soo unsafe and all that for mere 30k
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:02am On Feb 21, 2019
afroniger:

----

Your papa

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by 9jaRealist: 7:04am On Feb 21, 2019
Mac2016:

With all due respect, the fact that you refer to an HONEST job as “denigrating” is a sad commentary.

Dude, it’s NEVER been the job that makes the man, but the content of the character within. Nothing earned honestly is denigrating. Someone like the billionaire Cosmas Maduka of Chroscharis started off hawking pears on the street and followed that up with an unpaid apprenticeship as a car mechanic. The work-ethic he learned from those days has carried him through his mega-successful life, so much so that he’s ended up a Harvard Business School graduate. The most seminal lesson about life is not where you start but where you end up.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by 9jaRealist: 7:16am On Feb 21, 2019
afroniger:

Well said yet again!

A report by CNBC showed that, in 2018, 40 percent of university graduates in the US held jobs that did not require a degree.

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Hoodbilonia: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2019
My client suppose pay me 3500 today
G without ogume dey sweet wen client dey pay
I need 1.7m badly before next week
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 7:41am On Feb 21, 2019
Danchibez:

My dear Nigerian tertiary education is becoming useless day by day. Many regrets wasting their time and money in university for nothing to show up and even considering Igbo apprenticeship/skill learning as better options for livelihood in this era. Too bad for 9ja..
honestly our education system doesn't make our graduates productive and technical schools a gradually fading away, I have told my children "no matter how intelligent you are you must acquire a skill"
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by yemifez: 8:20am On Feb 21, 2019
yomi961:
this is what apc has reduced Nigeria and indeed Nigerians too.
deliberately make you poor then share garri and kulikuli for you during election to buy your votes

meanwhile
I am willing to pay for the transportation is any (1) patriotic Nigerian, going down to lagos, Ibadan or ogun to vote on Saturday form kaduna. First come first serve
You must show your pvc Ooo
Good bless atiku
Good bless the good people of Nigeria
Vote pdp vote peace of mind
Bros, what about me traveling to Ibadan from Jos?
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by afroniger: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2019
Mac2016:

On a fact check. How many job creators do we have? Even in the countries you would like to use as reference. If we all create jobs who will now do the created jobs. And if what you called entitlement mentality is when someone gets qualified, get hired and delivering quality service then you need a rethink. In my opinion you have committed no crime if you render quality service and get paid for it. Stop glorifying a failed system!

You see, it's not your fault that you have this twisted orientation that you are exhibiting, really. I am an employer of labour myself, on a contractual basis, and pay 5 workers (+ one manager) no less than N1,500 each on a daily basis, 6 days a week, and have lived in the united states for over a decade so I think I have the requisite exposure and therefore am very qualified to speak with some measure of authority on this subject.

Seems you are a product of a failed educational system that wrongly inculcates a sense of entitlement in you all in the name of obtaining a university education. Making you go through a university system that seldom equips you with any practical or marketable skills in preparation for the outside/real world, so much so that most Nigerian employers lament that Nigerian graduates are unemployable after graduation (ironically it is those same crop if graduates that exhibit this attitude of entitlement upon graduation).

And in actual fact, most Nigerian graduates still have to be retrained by their prospective employer before being trusted to perform on the job (this training comes at an extra cost to the employer). Meaning that fresh graduates are of little practical value to the average employer fresh out of the university system.

Get off your high horse and go learn a skill or become an entrepreneur yourself if you are really serious about adding value to yourself and society at large because society doesn't owe you a job just because you are a graduate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC? / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.