Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,187 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo (56409 Views)

South Africa President Encouraged Lady Looking For Job To Keep Searching / 'Ghetto Name': Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Sounds Too Local / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 8:47am On Feb 21, 2019
9jaRealist:

With all due respect, the fact that you refer to an HONEST job as “denigrating” is a sad commentary.

Dude, it’s NEVER been the job that makes the man, but the content of the character within. Nothing earned honestly is denigrating. Someone like the billionaire Cosmas Maduka of Chroscharis started off hawking pears on the street and followed that up with an unpaid apprenticeship as a car mechanic. The work-ethic he learned from those days has carried him through his mega-successful life, so much so that he’s ended up a Harvard Business School graduate. The most seminal lesson about life is not where you start but where you end up.

While I agree with you on your closing statement but you need to see the light in the fact that right attitudes are not only learnt on the road side or in denigrating situations only.

Character moulding could be in other part places meant!

You are hand twisting argument out of context.

Coscharis did not hawk pears as a graduate. If I'm wrong, Kindly correct me!

We did not send graduates to school to come out and clean the road. If I'm wrong kindly correct me.

That's why society is stratified.

They are actually depriving better "qualified" cleaners of the job they were supposed to take by not thinking out of the box and making something bigger happen. No economy develops by sweeping the ground or cleaning the road only.

Work ethics could be learnt in other better and fit-for-purpose jobs, or must it be by being a road cleaner.

We are training our graduates not to clean roads. It is a national disaster!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by yomi961: 9:01am On Feb 21, 2019
yemifez:
Bros, what about me traveling to Ibadan from Jos?
sorry kaduna only
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 9:11am On Feb 21, 2019
afroniger:

You see, it's not your fault that you have this twisted orientation that you are exhibiting, really. I am an employer of labour myself, on a contractual basis, and pay 5 workers (+ one manager) no less than N1,500 on a daily basis, 6 days a week, and have lived in the united states for over a decade so I think I have the requisite exposure and therefore am very qualified to speak with some measure of authority on this subject.

Seems you are a product of a failed educational system that wrongly inculcates a sense of entitlement in you all in the name of obtaining a university education. Making you go through a university system that seldom equips you with any practical or marketable skills in preparation for the outside/real world, so much so that most Nigerian employers lament that Nigerian graduates are unemployable after graduation (ironically it is those same crop if graduates that exhibit this attitude of entitlement upon graduation).

And in actual fact, most Nigerian graduates still have to be retrained by their prospective employer before being trusted to perform on the job (this training comes at an extra cost to the employer). Meaning that fresh graduates are of little practical value to the average employer fresh out of the university system.

Get off your high horse and go learn a skill or become an entrepreneur yourself if you are really serious about adding value to yourself and society at large because society doesn't owe you a job just because you are a graduate.

Lol. That you have lived in America doesnt give you any authority on any subject as you claimed. It is your brain that you needs to function better!

I can read it all over you that the same mentality that people that are first to cross the Atlantic ocean in their families have is what you are speaking with. Most times they condescendingly look at people in Africa as plague. Mister, you are very WRONG!

If we, Nigerians, are product of failed system. Really? In your mouth too? In what way are you better?

Who blames a student for not having what to learn and not that he/she was not willing to learn it? In the first instance, he/she paid school fees for a purpose, so is it the student's fault that he/she wasnt trained as adequate as he/she should?

What you made look bad is that a Nigerian graduate was trained and learnt well? Is it not a pride to even have a trainable mind against all the odds in the system? As per CSR, the employers too as acted in complicity with government, suck milk out of the system and give nothing back (you will agree with me tat companies abroad dont do so). Now, that they are crying foul is what they need to look into for correction.

It is staggering that you subscribe to such a "junk".

In short words, I can tell you with authority that Egina FPSO is what you need to go see. Utorogu AG/NAG is another gas plant built by autochthonous Engineers. So, I wonder what made Nigerian Engineers unemployable.

I have worked with crops of professionals in my field both on Offshore and Onshore Engineering deliverables I dont know what I can actually refer that would make you feel not on par with your contemporaries around the world if you are well given to studies.

O boy, that you employ people that you paying a paltry sum of less than 10k per week is nothing to gallivant about in the real Nigerian environment. May be in your village, bro.

Moreso, if things were working well for you abroad as a cleaner or menial jobber that you were there, you wouldnt have been back in the midst of a failed system and people who you considered their graduates mediocres with your little good for nothing mind.

Receive Sense!

I have structural design calculations to complete!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Shinapraise(m): 9:16am On Feb 21, 2019
yomi961:
this is what apc has reduced Nigeria and indeed Nigerians too.
deliberately make you poor then share garri and kulikuli for you during election to buy your votes

meanwhile
I am willing to pay for the transportation is any (1) patriotic Nigerian, going down to lagos, Ibadan or ogun to vote on Saturday form kaduna. First come first serve
You must show your pvc Ooo
Good bless atiku
Good bless the good people of Nigeria
Vote pdp vote peace of mind
I'm going to Ekiti to vote send me ur email to send u my pvc
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by afroniger: 9:17am On Feb 21, 2019
Mac2016:

Lol. That you have lived in America doesnt give you any authority on any subject as you claimed. It is your brain that you needs to function better!

I can read it all over you that the same mentality that people that are first to cross the Atlantic ocean in their families have is what you are speaking with. Most times they condescendingly look at people in Africa as plague. Mister, you are very WRONG!

If we, Nigerians, are product of failed system. Really? In your mouth too? In what way are you better?

Who blames a student for not having what to learn and not that he/she was not willing to learn it? In the first instance, he/she paid school fees for a purpose, so is it the student's fault that he/she wasnt trained as adequate as he/she should?

What you made look bad is that a Nigerian graduate was trained and learnt well? Is it not a pride to even have a trainable mind against all the odds in the system? As per CSR, the employers too as acted in complicity with government, suck milk out of the system and give nothing back (you will agree with me tat companies abroad dont do so). Now, that they are crying foul is what they need to look into for correction.

It is staggering that you subscribe to such a "junk".

In short words, I can tell you with authority that Egina FPSO is what you need to go see. Utorogu AG/NAG is another gas plant built by autochthonous Engineers. So, I wonder what made Nigerian Engineers unemployable.

I have worked with crops of professionals in my field both on Offshore and Onshore Engineering deliverables I dont know what I can actually refer that would make you feel not on par with your contemporaries around the world if you are well given to studies.

O boy, that you employ people that you paying a paltry sum of less than 10k per week is nothing to gallivant about in the real Nigerian environment. May be in your village, bro.

Moreso, if things were working well for you abroad as a cleaner or menial jobber that you were there, you wouldnt have been back in the midst of a failed system and people who you considered their graduates mediocres with your little good for nothing mind.

Receive Sense!

I have structural design calculations to complete!

You don't get it, and you will never get it. Perhaps you should walk the talk by venturing unto entrepreneurship and then proceed to pay your graduate employees that above minimum wage fat paycheck you feel they are entitled to, undecided But until then would you please shut the funck up and quit knocking the hustle of the real MVPs who aren't scared to get they hands dirty or beg to feed. And please do me a favour and quit mentioning me because I'm allergic to smarty pant punks. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by yomi961: 9:20am On Feb 21, 2019
Shinapraise:
I'm going to Ekiti to vote send me ur email to send u my pvc
sorry man, someone has sent me a dm already. Next time
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 9:44am On Feb 21, 2019
afroniger:

You don't get it, and you will never get it. Perhaps you should walk the talk by venturing unto entrepreneurship and then proceed to pay your graduate employees that above minimum wage fat paycheck you feel they are entitled to, undecided But until then would you please shut the funck up and quit knocking the hustle of the real MVPs who aren't scared to get they hands dirty or beg to feed. And please do me a favour and quit mentioning me because I'm allergic to smarty pant punks. Thanks in advance.

The origin of the whole discuss is not fat pay unless you are saying the job of a road cleaner actually brings fat pay check.

Your business is not big enough so concentrate on it! If I may shock you I own my own store and I make sales and generate reasonable income as a side hustle. So, stop assuming you are off the scale (I can see it is in your DNA always assuming you are better than others).

I can see your level of reasoning and public communication. Do me a favor and learning where appropriate! Americana..Lol grin
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by kingsfire: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2019
pocohantas:

If you can give me her CV, I will forward it to someone who knows someone. I won't promise much, but I will do my best to follow up to a test invite.
Thanks alot
But please how do I send an Email?
I've tried
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by afroniger: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2019
Mac2016:

The origin of the whole discuss is not fat pay unless you are saying the job of a road cleaner actually brings fat pay check.

Your business is not big enough so concentrate on it! If I may shock you I own my own store and I make sales and generate reasonable income as a side hustle. So, stop assuming you are off the scale (I can see it is in your DNA always assuming you are better than others).

I can see your level of reasoning and public communication. Do me a favor and learning where appropriate! Americana..Lol grin

I thought I warned you not to mention me anymore you lowlife piece of shyyt. You sound so condescending and foolish. No be your fault, but like I said earlier if you think you are the shyt, I challenge you to embrace entrepreneurship and pay your fellow graduate a fat paycheck you dumb funk. Go and borrow a loan if you have to, and set up whatever business of your choosing, and then walk the talk by actually hiring and paying graduates a fat paycheck. Until you take up that challenge you are just talking crap like the dumb biitch you are.

If you had any sense in you you would not talk shyt about me being an entrepreneur getting unemployed Nigerians off the streets. Your biitchh ass obviously knows absolutely nothing about running a business and the risk inherent in being an employer of labour who has to keep business running and handle payroll in the face of challenges, that is why you have the nerve to run your dirty mouth and try to dictate fat paychecks. Morafocka like you.

How many graduates have you uplifted in your sorry and miserable life you stoopid prick? I am proud to be an employer of labour who pays above minimum wage daily to unemployed Nigerians who aren't afraid to earn a decent and honest buck. They would rather work than do Yahoo or beg. I am sure you are one of those that would rather see your fellow Nigerian beg than see them work as cleaners. Ain't no shame in my game, punk. undecided Even conglomerates like Mcidees in the almighty u.s.a still pay minimum wage to their employees so what the funk are you yapping about how much I pay my workers?

For the last time your biitchh ass better stay off my mention.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Mac2016(m): 10:47am On Feb 21, 2019
afroniger:

I thought I warned you not to mention me anymore you lowlife piece of shyyt. You sound so condescending and foolish. No be your fault, but like I said earlier if you think you are thee shyt, I challenge you to embrace entrepreneurship and pay your fellow graduate a fat paycheck you dumb funk. Go and borrow a loan if you have to, and set up whatever business of your choosing, and then walk the talk by actually hiring and paying graduates a fat paycheck. Until you take up that challenge you are just talking crap like the dumb biitch [/b]you are.

If [b]you had any sense in you
you would not talk shyt about me being an entrepreneur getting unemployed Nigerians off the streets. Your biitchh ass obviously knows absolutely nothing about running a business and the risk inherent in being an employer of labour who has to keep business running and handle payroll in the face of challenges, that is why you have the nerve to run your dirty mouth [/b]and try to dictate fat paychecks. Morafocka like you.

How many graduates have you uplifted in your sorry and [b]miserable life you stoopid prick
? I am proud to be an employer of labour who pays above minimum wage daily to unemployed Nigerians who aren't afraid to earn a decent and honest buck. They would rather work than do Yahoo or beg. I am sure you are one of those that would rather see your fellow Nigerian beg than see them work as cleaners. Ain't no shame in my game, punk. undecided Even conglomerates like Mcidees in the almighty u.s.a still pay minimum wage to their employees so what the funk are you yapping about how much I pay my workers?

For the last time your[b] biitchh ass [/b]better stay off my mention.

Americana, anyone that sees what I emboldened above in ur quoted submission would know I actually have no right to respond to you because by their fruits words you shall know them. NL admin might have to do some duties on you.
I bet you weren't expecting this much of a "crap" from an unemployable graduate like me...lol. Also, I wanted to respect your "dont-mention-me" appeal but how do I when there is a need not to ignore the article you took time to write, Sir.
Please, dont see this as an acerbic verbal attack on you. Just was clarifying things with you.

1. Nigerian graduates are not unemployable, Sir. I supported this with facts in our earlier dialogue.

2. Graduates dont necessarily have to taste denigrating jobs like road side cleaner to mold their character or learn the right attitude to work.

3. Because you have been abroad doesnt give you authority to look down on Nigerians and Africans in general.

4. It is quite unfortunate to see the level at which you hold your countrymen. If you do this how do we get the right perception in the world.

I think I am clear, Sir. This is my sole opinion which you have every right to reject but truth will always remain same.

Thanks for your time!
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by pocohantas(f): 11:25am On Feb 21, 2019
kingsfire:

Thanks alot
But please how do I send an Email?
I've tried

You are welcome. I got your main and I replied. So, it should be somewhere there smiley
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by ogongogames(m): 11:30am On Feb 21, 2019
The issue isn't that there isn't enough jobs in Nigeria per say rather there are not enough jobs in the tertiary sector (white collar jobs). One needs to remember that Nigeria is a 3rd world country, a developing country. In such a country majority of jobs (possibly 80%) should be in the primary (agriculture, forestry, fisheries etc) and secondary (manufacturing, processing) combined. Nigeria is not a stage where it's tertiary sector (Financial, ICT) is its the largest industry.
The problem is that in Nigeria the secondary sector is literally non-existent today due to poor infrastructure meaning that we probably have a scenario were the make up of jobs/living are:

Primary sector (75%)
Secondary sector (10%)
Tertiary sector (15%)

So we basically have a growing number of graduates fighting within a job market which is at most 25%. Now combine this with the ridiculous amount of graduates produced yearly (1.6 million applied for JAMB this year!), can one really be surprised. Office jobs (Tertiary sector) don't just pop out from nowhere. The tertiary sector provides services for the production of goods in the primary and secondary sectors. The challenge is for government to commercialize these sectors particularly the transition between primary and secondary. Once this happens, mass job creation will occur whether this will be enough with Nigeria's teeming population...that's another story.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by kingsfire: 11:49am On Feb 21, 2019
pocohantas:

You are welcome. I got your main and I replied. So, it should be somewhere there smiley

Lol.. I really don't know if i'm just too dumb to understand how nairaland emailing works.
But please is there any other way I can forward it to you?
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by pocohantas(f): 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2019
kingsfire:

Lol.. I really don't know if i'm just too dumb to understand how nairaland emailing works.
But please is there any other way I can forward it to you?

Lol, it is okay. I have seen it.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:

Ehen, you can markert it na, check for schools around that may need your services, organise trainings for young people who will be idle after jamb and ssce, etc.... If u have space put fridge so u can sell chilled drinks and water by so doing u make extra cash because there are days that the computer biz won't buzz much financially
wow, am grateful for sharing me this idea. I will improve in that

1 Like

Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by 9jaRealist: 11:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
Mac2016:

While I agree with you on your closing statement but you need to see the light in the fact that right attitudes are not only learnt on the road side or in denigrating situations only.

Character moulding could be in other part places meant!

You are hand twisting argument out of context.

Coscharis did not hawk pears as a graduate. If I'm wrong, Kindly correct me!

We did not send graduates to school to come out and clean the road. If I'm wrong kindly correct me.

That's why society is stratified.

They are actually depriving better "qualified" cleaners of the job they were supposed to take by not thinking out of the box and making something bigger happen. No economy develops by sweeping the ground or cleaning the road only.

Work ethics could be learnt in other better and fit-for-purpose jobs, or must it be by being a road cleaner.

We are training our graduates not to clean roads. It is a national disaster!

First, so long as you consider any HONEST labor as “denigrating” we will continue to agree to disagree. undecided

Nonetheless, you are actually the one “hand twisting argument out of context” (to borrow your turn of phrase) as I made clear from my very first comment that EVERY job (emphasis original) is a learning experience. That would of course include, but is by no means limited to, cleaning jobs.

Frankly, the only plausible issue I would have here is that low-level laborers in Nigeria are most often not paid a living (or livable) wage, but that’s a much wider discourse for some other time and topic. Other than that, I personally do not subscribe to this “efizzy” mindset that regards HONEST hard labor as denigrating or otherwise contemptible.

College graduates in the world’s richest-ever country are loading docks and serving coffee, among other things. A university education should already have bequeathed a graduate with the greatest gift of all humanity - an EDUCATION, not necessarily a cushy job.
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by chozzy: 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
dlondonbadboy:
It shall not be well with Buhari cry
Re: Crowd Looking For Job As Road Cleaners In Enugu. Photo by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:01am On Feb 27, 2019
Nchetttaa:

It's everyday job.. Every morning

I don't know much about Enugu metropolis but here in Nsukka it's not an everyday job . They normally do it like twice in a week. Wearing their uniforms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.