Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC (13933 Views)

APC Presidential Primary: Voting Begins 6pm, Winner To Be Announced By 10pm / Avoid Using Makeup On Election Day, INEC Tells Anambra Women / BREAKING: 'Tomorrow Is Election Day', INEC Chairman Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by titiloyeblog: 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2019
Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10 pm On Election Day - INEC

Mahmood Yakubu, INEC chairman, disclosed this at a press briefing on the progress made by the commission in Abuja. on Wednesday.

The INEC chairman said the card readers were reconfigured to the new election date to make them impossible to be used illegally.

“They are configured to specific polling units and only open for use at 8 am on the election day; they will automatically shut down by 10 pm in order to forestall any illegal use before the appointed time for elections,” he said.

“Yesterday, I reported 95 percent completion of the configuration. I am pleased to report that we have now achieved 100 percent completion of the configuration. We are good to go on this call.”

Yakubu added that the electoral body had made progress on logistics. He disclosed that the deployment of materials in all states across the country and the federal capital territory (FCT) had been completed.

He also added that 10 states had already begun the movement of the materials to local governments while other states would do so and conclude on Thursday.

The states he listed include Adamawa, Anambra, Benue, Ekiti, Jigawa, Katsina, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, and Taraba.

The presidential and national assembly elections have been rescheduled till February 23 while the governorship and state house of assembly elections would hold on March 9.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/02/card-readers-will-shut-down-by-10pm-on.html

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Iyajison: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
Saturday's election is jxt to fulfill all righteousness..

Election has been done and dusted ryt from 16th... If u know u know

FTC again..!! ...dedicated to my incoming President @AtikuObi..!!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by titiloyeblog: 11:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
Iyajison:

hmmmmm!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by atiku4President(m): 11:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
Iyajison:

You have been defeated. Cannibals support cannibals

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Iyajison: 7:09am On Feb 21, 2019
[quote author=NwaMammyWater post=75946235][/quote]

Wetin be dis..??

2 Likes

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Salvador1: 7:11am On Feb 21, 2019
All we demand is free and fair elections

And we shall overcome by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Iyajison: 7:18am On Feb 21, 2019
atiku4President:

You have been defeated. Cannibals support cannibals

Sowi am not Buhari..!! He has been defeated not me... Even though d illegal elections is in his favour....if u know u know
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by kaen1317: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2019
Operation Back To Daura

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Luciferchrist66: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2019
It doesn't matter.
Sai baba has won it.
Next level

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by shadrach77: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2019
Rigging plan lipsrsealed
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by tstx(m): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2019
Noted

See my signature
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by kaen1317: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2019
Back To Daura Dance is Loading

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by seunlayi(m): 10:47am On Feb 21, 2019
Atiku must win
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Caseless: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2019
angry

Thats after we are done dealing with Atiku and pdp.

3 Likes

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by kaen1317: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2019
Buhari can never win a free and fair election

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by GentleMoney: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2019
Hmm..
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Viergeachar: 10:48am On Feb 21, 2019
Nice
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Emu4life(m): 10:48am On Feb 21, 2019
We are going to teach Buhari some lessons by voting Atiku
===
You still don't get it. It is not about Buhari; it is about the collective destiny of our nation. Buhari has achieved his life dream of becoming a President. The dude is 76 years, he has nothing else to lose at his age. Think for a minute, imagine a government controlled by Fayose, Dino Melaye, Saraki, Fani Kayode, with Onnoghen reinstated as the CJN; Obasanjo as their godfather, Dasuki back to his office.

The 2019 election is not about voting Buhari, it is about preventing PDP from coming back to ruin Nigeria. These guys will never make the mistake of 2015. They are going to completely invade the Nigeria Minting Company, not even the Central Bank. Especially when Atiku already promised them Amnesty from prosecution on charges of corruption. That's what should worry us. We can only improve on the little we have, not by going back to our tormentors.

You think Obasanjo just forgave Atiku easily? He has no option because he and his peers no longer have direct access to the treasury, Obasanjo has never fought for anybody in his life. It's always about his interests. He went against GEJ because he thought he could control Buhari. Now he is romancing Atiku.

Atiku will promise to worship Satan if that will guarantee his access to power.

That's why all right-thinking Nigeria must not allow themselves to be hoodwinked. It is not about voting Buhari, it is about not allowing Atiku and his band of PDP rogues from gaining access to our treasury.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by jamesbridget13(f): 10:48am On Feb 21, 2019
Why wait till 10pm?

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by BubuZombi: 10:48am On Feb 21, 2019
Whatever,
We Are Ready,
We Are Law Abiding Citizens,
We Are Not Ballot Snatchers,
We Must Achieve Our Aim To Move To Da Next Level...

If You Are Part Of The Train to Da Next Level, Hit both Like n Share

4+4 is a gooooooal!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by khallebb(m): 10:48am On Feb 21, 2019
Like for Atiku Share for Tyrant Bubu tongue

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 21, 2019
God knows who is a better candidate between Atiku and GMB.
I pray God allows the better candidate to win.

Amen
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Racoon(m): 10:49am On Feb 21, 2019
Why shutting down by 10PM when polls is expected to end between 2-6PM depending on the voters turnout
I suggest the card reader should be program to shut down once the last duly accredited voter has cast his ballot.

2 Likes

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Racoon(m): 10:49am On Feb 21, 2019
danjumakolo:
God knows who is a better candidate between Atiku and GMB.I pray God allows the better candidate to win.
Amen
Go do it with your PVC while you then trust the good Lord for the rest.
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by comfirmatic: 10:49am On Feb 21, 2019
Make money from this elections on NaijaBet

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by emmykk(m): 10:53am On Feb 21, 2019
Atikulated
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by Eberex(m): 10:56am On Feb 21, 2019
The truth is : APC and PDP are alike. They are both riggers and looters. More like twins. They both can anticipate what the other would do and try to counter it.

That is the more reason why the election will be very tight.
Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by MrPolitics: 10:56am On Feb 21, 2019
Why 10pm? Voting is expected to end around 2-4pm. Voting shouldn’t be allowed in the dark and so the card readers should shut down latest by 6pm

1 Like

Re: Card Readers Will Shut Down By 10pm On Election Day - INEC by queenxey1(f): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2019
*Christianity and politics by Ogundele Taiye*

Despite the knowledge and Wisdom of this
latter day which Christians representative
know, they still keep mute concerning
politics. This same Jesus we preach about
was ordained to be a governor according to
Matthew ” and the government shall be upon
him”
Some Christians are always in the apathy
side of politics, many times we have heard
people saying “politics is a dirty game” “God
forbid, I don’t want to enter hell fire”.
One young man once explained that his
grandparents and his parents were all pastor,
which made him impossible to talk about
politics at home.
Why are the Church silent about politics
when God has commanded His children to
speak? Been mute is not only defiant
towards God, but it is unloving toward
others. Jesus said that it was the truth that
set us free, not awkward silence. (Jeremiah
26:2) says: “…all the words that I command
you to speak to them; do not hold back a
word.”
In fact, most churches will tell you not to
preach about politics because they don’t
want to lose their members.
This is not exciting of course, but how can
we see the whole word effectively when
Christians are playing the deaf and dump
game toward anything pertaining to politics
Once I was invited to speak in a Christians
youth seminar about politics, I did my best
but it was very difficult to convince them,
the people just sat there wordlessly looking
at me with big eyes, it was difficult to
change them. ‘Nobody want to enter hell’
which is their believe.
Unfortunately this is the conditions of many
Christians when it comes to politics, simply
because they have been brainwashed that
politics is a ticket to hell.
It is time to change the negative image of
the Christians representative towards
politics. Do you think becoming a Christian
has simply bowed you down that you feel it
is not a good ideal to voice out in politics? I
tell you no amount of prayer and fasting we
bring a good government if the Church in
our today society did not participate in
political activities
I wonder how the church claim to love and
care about others when they are not engage
in the arena that shapes basic right and
freedom.
Even Paul understood the need for
Christians participation in government when
he urges that prayers be made “for kings and
all who are in high positions, that we may
lead a peaceful and quiet life” (1 Timothy
2:1-2).
Inevitably, politics shapes our society of
which we all know. It is high time Christians
care about politics and by doing so our own
peace is assured (Jeremiah 29:7) says: “But
seek the welfare of the city where I have sent
you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its
behalf, for in its welfare you will find your
welfare.” God cares deeply about these
issues, and it is therefore not appropriate for
the Church to keep silent in this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tambuwal Visits Olusegun Obasanjo In Ogun State / Wike’s Camp Insists On Choosing Successor For PDP Chairman / Full Speech: Buhari Addresses UN General Assembly On Climate Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.