Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 (4105 Views)

Kaduna Youths Block Roads, Protest 10-month Power Outage / Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage / GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The 2012 target could not be met. Simple. There's no need to foam at the mouth over this issue.

I dont even believe in speculating over dates on the issue of stable power supply. There'r several variables one may not be incomplete control of. What is important is to pursue the power road map to logical conclusion and Nigerians will surely see incremental improvement in power supply. The president used to share this opinion but I was surprised when he recently promised stable power by mid-2014. I think the president should stick to his principle of not speculating on dates.

Meanwhile, tremendous progress has been made in implementing the power road map. The govt should just remain focused.

You can keep spinning till you get dizzy bro. Dates are set in any civilized society when it comes to government delivering basic infrastructure like elctricity, roads, healthcare and so on. People like you needs to start telling it the ways it is and Nigeria will be better for it. Sadly, you have been consumed by your daily spinning on this forum.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pukkah: 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The 2012 target could not be met. Simple. There's no need to foam at the mouth over this issue.

I dont even believe in speculating over dates on the issue of stable power supply. There'r several variables one may not be incomplete control of. What is important is to pursue the power road map to logical conclusion and Nigerians will surely see incremental improvement in power supply. The president used to share this opinion but I was surprised when he recently promised stable power by mid-2014. I think the president should stick to his principle of not speculating on dates.

Meanwhile, tremendous progress has been made in implementing the power road map. The govt should just remain focused.

Just look at the way you casually and unapologetically mentioned that 'the target could not be met'. Is this the way good and performing governments are run? Do you think you can get away with this kind of response in the private sector?

I'm surprised that you said the government should stop giving us targets to solve key problems! Are targets the problem or the person giving them? Is this also why the promise to end Boko Haram menace by June 2012 was not met?

https://www.nairaland.com/901646/boko-haram-menace-ll-end/2

Hey, a goal without a timeline is not smart and is just a bogus statement.

Governance is not a mean task and should be for the best, smartest and the most intelligent among us. Our leaders must be held to account for our money and the promises they voluntarily make. Else, they would lose people's confidence and respect.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
GEJ would still win elections in 2015. It isn't about electric power or security. It is about the unavailability of distinguished Nigerians in front-line politics.

As far as SS & SE have stamped foot on the ground, with the middle belt support, 40% Igbo support from Lagos, and manipulated FCT votes, GEJ carries the day. SW & core North will be the biggest losers. tongue
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by 4Play(m): 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2013

They must be paying you well for this dross. What does it say about a leader who makes public promises that he knows fully well are unattainable?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by etalker: 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
OAM4J:

We are only on March, it will happen before December by luck.

Jonathan made the promise not PDP, it's the reason many voted for Jonathan and not PDP, He is a lucky man, his luck will make it happen.

Have Faith in GEJ's Fresh Air and GEJ's Transformation Agenda.

LMAO
@luck=autopilot

So Beaf post has been resurrected too... What an Easter!
Well, I think we are still in 2010 cuz the improvements in the said sector is still at the nursery stage (in my area)
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by seunajia: 11:14pm On Mar 29, 2013
LOL! Imagine Insincere 9gerian still called me "hater" for saying I prefer Fash, Buhari and co to Jona this evening.

My boy Insincere, you got fire on yo arze man gringringrin

PS: I got no reply when I asked about having Akpabio nominated for presidency too. Telltale silence...
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pataki: 1:41am On Mar 30, 2013

Sincere jonathan,

You are really an intellectual disgrace to behold and read from.

To casually flip this empty and vain promise by the government as simply: 'could not be met', kindly indicates that you are part of the malady from this useless government we are unfortunately saddled with.

In any project, there is the concept of SMART. A project that has failed on specified timeline delivery in 2010, & 2012, you foolishly now want us to believe that 2014 it would be achieved? When the indication on ground clearly shows that the government has no inkling on how to solve this problem.

Yet you foolishly stated that you don't believe in speculating dates for project delivery?? Wow! You apparently have never handled a project before, and more likely, your education was a waste of time, perhaps.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 30, 2013
But GEJ told Christian Amanpour a few weeks back that by December 2013 electricity would be stable.....
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Tigerhead: 4:05am On Mar 30, 2013
They say man proposes and God is the decider. GEJ and the forces of light are trying their best to sort out the power problem. In this country there are forces of darkness, like you and other yorubas and muslims. these forces of darkness have to be overcome. Fear not for you shall all be vanquished and we shall have stable power.

kingoflag: But GEJ told Christian Amanpour a few weeks back that by December 2013 electricity would be stable.....
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pataki: 4:17am On Mar 30, 2013
^^^

Your comment smacks of utter foolishness. Yorubas and muslims are your problems huh? Little wonder your Jona the Christian president keeps on shifting and lying about time delivery for an urgent national development project.

Must be a godly virtue to be a mendacious bloated oaf - no?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Tigerhead: 4:44am On Mar 30, 2013
Pataki: ^^^

Your comment smacks of utter foolishness. Yorubas and muslims are your problems huh? Little wonder your Jona the Christian president keeps on shifting and lying about time delivery for an urgent national development project.

It speaks!!!!! Eureka!!!

The axis of evil, you know no better.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 30, 2013
Tigerhead: They say man proposes and God is the decider. GEJ and the forces of light are trying their best to sort out the power problem. In this country there are forces of darkness, like you and other yorubas and muslims. these forces of darkness have to be overcome. Fear not for you shall all be vanquished and we shall have stable power.

Em..... Yeah, Im Yoruba and Muslim. Matter fact Im a Sheik and run my own private mosque.

OBJ the Muslim that stole $16billion meant for electricity is always seen worshipping in Churches. I never seen him in a mosque. Plus, I dont think hes changed his "Muslim" name (Matthew) to a Christian one like....say.... Malik.

Crazy religious-extremist tribal backwards African nut!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by maasoap(m): 8:48am On Mar 30, 2013
I thought you're no longer answering @beaf, Mr @sincere nigeria.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2013
NIGERIANS TO ELIMINATE JONATHAN BY 2015
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by seanet02: 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
See desperation by insincereNigerian.
The guy dumb pass goat.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by ikeyman00(m): 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
@@@@

pataki

The wahala with people from ur clan u are too quick to unravel ur tribe-affiliated stupidity to any critical change at this tenure

u have had 8 damn yrs of no improvement in respect to the money stolen

right now the vampire up in the north have gone jugular and we are yet to see yorobe condemn any incidence

i guess this is the one Nigeria everybody is talking about

Either way may i remind should u forget that ur criminal tinubu categorized boko killings as minor; whats all that numb from yorobe all about

sorry i cant speak good english ooo so u might need an interpreter

Stupidity could be costly
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by seanet02: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
2012 no finish now. We still dey 2011
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by seanet02: 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@@

pataki

The wahala with people from ur clan u are too quick to unravel ur tribe-affiliated stupidity to any critical change at this tenure

u have had 8 damn yrs of no improvement in respect to the money stolen

right now the vampire up in the north have gone jugular and we are yet to see yorobe condemn any incidence

i guess this is the one Nigeria everybody is talking about

Either way may i remind should u forget that ur criminal tinubu categorized boko killings as minor; whats all that numb from yorobe all about

sorry i cant speak good english ooo so u might need an interpreter

Stupidity could be costly
First class foolishness
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by seanet02: 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2013

Why could it not be realized?
If your paymaster have been a good strategist and project manager he would have known and make public the exact date that Nigerians will stop shouting "Up NEPA"
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 10, 2013
Shameful! In a society where results matter, Jonathan would have resigned. When you cannot deleiver on your promises, resignation is the only option for you. It happens all the time in Japan, S. Korea, Britain, U.S, Germany, France.............
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 10, 2013
** Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge to gulp N160bn

By Kemi Obasola
Published: Thursday, 10 Jan 2008

The Lagos State Government has said that its proposed Fourth Mainland Bridge will gulp N160bn.

Governor Babatunde Fashola on Wednesday said a survey had already been conducted for the project.

Fashola spoke in his Alausa Secretariat office while receiving members of the Silverbird Television Group on Wednesday.

He said the government was only waiting for the Environmental Impact Assessment report for work on the bridge to begin.

Fashola added that the project was being delayed because of inflation, adding that the government would ensure its completion before the end of its tenure.

The governor noted that the construction of the bridge was part of his electoral promises and that he would ensure its fulfilment..."
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=567970

That was 2008, but this is 2013 so where is the 4th mainland bridge? I will commission an official man-hunt for the bridge tomorrow. Perhaps it was constructed in Tinubu's pocket.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 10, 2013
** Press Releases

Feb 6, 2001 - LASG To Build 4th Mainland Bridge, 15 Major Roads

In the bid to fulfill its promise to build the 4th Lagos Mainland Bridge and construct a ring road round the city, the Lagos State Commissioner for Works, Engineer Rauf Aregbesola yesterday performed the official opening of bids for the private Sector Participation in Roads development programme.

According to Engineer Aregbesola, while speaking at the occasion, the building of the 4th Lagos Mainland Bridge, which will link the entire Lagos Island, Victoria Island and Ikoyi with Ikorodu would greatly help at decongesting the traffic and open up the Langbasa/Epe Express Road and Ikorodu Axis to development..."
http://asiwajubolatinubu.com/archives/news/2001/02/06/20010206N01.html

That was 2001, but this is 2013 so where is the 4th mainland bridge? I will commission an official search for the bridge tomorrow. Perhaps it was constructed in Tinubu's pocket.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ** Press Releases

In the bid to fulfill its promise to build the 4th Lagos Mainland Bridge and construct a ring road round the city, the Lagos State Commissioner for Works, Engineer Rauf Aregbesola yesterday performed the official opening of bids for the private Sector Participation in Roads development programme.

According to Engineer Aregbesola, while speaking at the occasion, the building of the 4th Lagos Mainland Bridge, which will link the entire Lagos Island, Victoria Island and Ikoyi with Ikorodu would greatly help at decongesting the traffic and open up the Langbasa/Epe Express Road and Ikorodu Axis to development..."

That was 2001, but this is 2013 so where is the 4th mainland bridge? I will commission an official search for the bridge tomorrow. Perhaps it was constructed in Tinubu's pocket.
Why are you being foolish? The nonsense you posted had nothing to do with 'Jonathan promised stable power supply by 2012'. You need to stop displaying your foolishness in the public. Have you ever pointed out any wrong doing by Jonathan? You are too sentimental to do that.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 10, 2013
payless: Why are you being foolish? The nonsense you posted had nothing to do with 'Jonathan promised stable power supply by 2012'. You need to stop displaying your foolishness in the public. Have you ever pointed out any wrong doing by Jonathan? You are too sentimental to do that.
I wanted to IGNORE you initially but just to ensure you dont INFECT other patriotic Nigerians with FOOLISHNESS, the word- promise- is COMMON to all.

Promise na promise, whether by state or federal govt.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pukkah: 9:04am On Apr 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ** Press Releases

The tardiness which has trailed the 4th Mainland bridge is totally unacceptable and indefensible. Also, I think the perennial traffic snarls in Lagos is majorly because the rate of population growth is more than that of transport systems. There is a need to build many more roads and create other transport options.

But really, how is this related to the failure of the Jonathan government to provide electricity by a certain date - a promise which he voluntarily made? How?

Is the 4th Mainland bridge supposed to be a red herring on this thread?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by sammy329(m): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
tongue embarassed
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by enny5: 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
am 23 years old and i have been hearing this gist for 24 years now(from my mother's womb). mstweeeeeeeeeeeeee. something new please

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by egift(m): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Beaf: [size=14pt]Jonathan to eliminate power outage by 2012[/size]
Headlines Aug 27, 2010 Share | *Approves new electricity tariff
*PHCN workers suspend strike

By Clara Nwachukwu &Yemie Adeoye

LAGOS—PRESIDENT Goodluck Ebele Jonathan said, yesterday, he planned to eliminate constant power outage in the country by 2012 through the introduction of ‘revolutionary’ policies to tackle the plethora of challenges bedeviling the sector.

The president’s aspiration was unveiled in Lagos at the launch of the Power Sector Road Map, the execution of which he said, would be fast- tracked to create numerous employment opportunities, while also revamping the nation’s ailing economy.

PRESIDENT Goodluck Ebele Jonathan during his arrival in Lagos
President Jonathan who said: “We need a revolution in the power sector,” also stated that his administration had identified most of the bottlenecks impeding efficient and effective electricity supply in the country.

He noted: “By God’s grace, by December 2012, Nigeria will not only celebrate one day of uninterrupted electricity supply but we would celebrate one week, one month and so on of uninterrupted electricity supply.”

Jonathan, Beaf and Insincere9gerian have been ling to us since God-know-when and someone have the effrontery to be asking for extra 4 yrs after the 2 remaining years of failure.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by pat077: 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
Thank God we now have stable power supply. GEJ will surely get my vote.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by vanilson(m): 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
Sai GENERAL Akintunde MOHAMMADU okechukwu BUHARI

Vote #CHANGE
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by ayorfly: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
pat077:
I'm not sure you live in Nigeria
in my area we only have light and he's in a month
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by ayorfly: 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
pat077:
I'm not sure you live in Nigeria
in my area we only have light and he's in a month
in lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seriously Can Nigeria Be Developed In 18 Months? / Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe / Eredo: The Largest City In The Ancient World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.