Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 (4106 Views)

Kaduna Youths Block Roads, Protest 10-month Power Outage / Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage / GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by OAM4J: 4:33am On Mar 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't believe in luck, and I don't believe in anyone's agenda. This is not about Jonathan but Nigeria. It's been 18 months. . . tally all we have spent in that time, measure it against the goals set and the actual deadlines we have managed to meet since then,along with the many changes we have had to make so far, and you get the sense that we are likely not going to hit that December 2012 milestone.

It does not matter who is running the show as it is clear that after elections, there seems no going back in Nigeria. What I am more concerned about is the costs, and how much we have left should we fail, after yet another try at this.

he he he .lol You missed my sarcasm.

You are too serious jare, you really expect too much. No, I am not surprised. I would have been surprised otherwise.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Mar 20, 2012
OAM4J:

he he he .lol You missed my sarcasm.

You are too serious jare, you really expect too much. No, I am not surprised. I would have been surprised otherwise.

Sorry, I knew you were being sarcastic but you do realize that this is Nairaland at the end of the day. It is just that I have had my days fill of misconstrued posts, and that is why I wanted to be as clear as possible here so any numb-knot who comes in afterwards will not then pretend to lecture me, on how I ought to think of things instead. I mean these people never cease to amaze me.
Even after almost 30,000 posts on Nairaland, I still get people who read just one of my posts and immediately assume they have me all decoded, and proceed to insult themselves thinking they insult me. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Raikishi(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sorry, I knew you were being sarcastic but you do realize that this is Nairaland at the end of the day. It is just that I have had my days fill of misconstrued posts, and that is why I wanted to be as clear as possible here so any numb-knot who comes in afterwards will not then pretend to lecture me, on how I ought to think of things instead. I mean these people never cease to amaze me.
Even after almost 30,000 posts on Nairaland, I still get people who read just one of my posts and immediately assume they have me all decoded, and proceed to insult themselves thinking they insult me. undecided undecided undecided

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked thirty thousand posts? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked /**atten**/TTION SIR
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2012
we would be watchin. Hope its not "they want to tell us anoda story againi o"
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Zulele: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
Beaf:

--Fool seeks notice. . . Beaf ignores fool grin--
Ų again? I thought Ų are dead!
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pukkah: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
Beaf: [size=14pt]Jonathan to eliminate power outage by 2012[/size]

PRESIDENT Goodluck Ebele Jonathan during his arrival in Lagos
President Jonathan who said: “We need a revolution in the power sector,” also stated that his administration had identified most of the bottlenecks impeding efficient and effective electricity supply in the country.

He noted: “By God’s grace, by December 2012, Nigeria will not only celebrate one day of uninterrupted electricity supply but we would celebrate one week, one month and so on of uninterrupted electricity supply.”

President Jonathan, however, believed that this will only be possible through the support of the various stakeholders, who are currently being engaged in constructive discussions on sustainable ways out of the current power quagmire.

As we enter the fourth and last quarter of 2012, what is the status of this?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Jeboy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
I will score him 70% because I have not have cause to use my gen for over 3 months. I didn't bother servicing and d thing just lies there. Any one dat underrates Jonathan do it at his own risk. Go and ask Atiku, Dambazzau, former minister of justice in yar adua era. You underate dis man, you get screwed!
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pukkah: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
Where are we on this?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Gbawe: 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
Pukkah: Where are we on this?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga Pukkah, you wicked no be small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I hear the new date is now 2014.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pukkah: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
^^^Bros, na innocent question I ask o. grin
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
Pukkah: ^^^Bros, na innocent question I ask o. grin

GEJ meant 2012 in "Fresh Air Years"....

Thats like 3061 in normal people years.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
This topic needs to go to the front page immediately. Some of these propaganda machines from SE and SS need to get their memories refreshed because they've been coming here saying power supply is about to be thing of the past since Jonathan took office. These people really need to get their heads examined. These guys need to travel to western countries and realise Nigeria is in real mess and the fisherman cannot take us to the promise land. They really need to look at Nigeria from outside before they realise what is going on. SMH!
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
na wetin dem take scam people be dis to deliver votes
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
dayokanu: na wetin dem take scam people be dis to deliver votes

Unbelievable!
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
Update please
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
Meanwhile beafs spawn are running on nl posting fresh BS.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pataki: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
LOL.....even if Nigerians should forget the lies of Retardeen so easily, welcome the age of cyber-memories.

Can we please have this thread on FP please?!
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by otokx(m): 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
shameful; where are those 40 laptop dogs?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by omonnakoda: 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
That would be historic; making front page after how many years?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by vanstanzy(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
Beaf posted this last year. Mods what happened?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
We are still waiting
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
INSECURE9IGERIAN WHERE ARE YOU? THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY LIES YOUR MENTOR BEAF SPLASHED ALL OVER NAIRALAND LAST YEAR
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by talkmarkay(m): 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
Eeeeyah, it takes seconds to fabricate lies but it take years to cover it up.

I just kuku sit down here dey wait for the D day...........2015
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Gbawe: 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
lakhadimar: INSECURE9IGERIAN WHERE ARE YOU? THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY LIES YOUR MENTOR BEAF SPLASHED ALL OVER NAIRALAND LAST YEAR

Busy running away faster than Usain Bolt grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pataki: 8:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
Raikishi: before before dem tell us say na 2010, now 2010 don show e don shift go 2012 cry

Sound sultan: "shey na today, wey we dey wait, go buy candle, go buy candle."

you see the problem has never been the idea but the hoodlums and pilferers we have sitting behind the desk.

I laugh when i hear nigerians asking where is their pomised MegaWatts of power, It is the jeeps we see in abuja, dem dey drive am, lol

LOL @ the first paragraph from the quote above.

Dey don shift am go 2014 now.

Since 2010! Jona Jona, we are waiting for you @ 2015!
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Pukkah: 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
Pataki:

LOL @ the first paragraph from the quote above.

Dey don shift am go 2014 now.

Since 2010! Jona Jona, we are waiting for you @ 2015!

But didn't the government do a honest, comprehensive and exhaustive assessment before coming up with the 2010 date, especially on an issue that's as critical as power?

If they failed to deliver the 2010 date without an apology how are we sure that the new date is reliable or feasible? Has anyone told us the reasons for the time variance or non-delivery of the promise?

Is there no form of admonition or punishment for a democratic government that opens its mouth to issue poorly-cooked promises to the people?
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by nuclearboy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
The spin doctors are on their way to inform you that the "north" using boko haram, has shifted focus from development to security and that Nigeria's income has been harnessed towards preservation of life and property at the cost of the electrical roadmap!

If that doesn't work, expect to hear soon that its northerners negative prayers sabotaging electricity in Nigeria!

LESSON: you cannot win a propaganda machine belonging to govt!
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by omonnakoda: 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
nuclearboy: The spin doctors are on their way to inform you that the "north" using boko haram, has shifted focus from development to security and that Nigeria's income has been harnessed towards preservation of life and property at the cost of the electrical roadmap!

If that doesn't work, expect to hear soon that its northerners negative prayers sabotaging electricity in Nigeria!

LESSON: you cannot win a propaganda machine belonging to govt!
you are very astute
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Biggyd2: 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
They have updated that promise to mid 2014 https://www.nairaland.com/1233126/jonathan-assures-stable-power-supply grin. Trust the deceiving party, a few months before the proposed election in 2015, they will give Nigerians "stable power" just to get people to vote for them. From what I have seen go on in this country, I won't be surprised if many fall for this gimmick. Nigerians forget easily! undecided
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by JomoGbomo2(m): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
You guys got it all wrong, they were speaking in base 3, so convert 2012 from base 3 to base 10.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
The 2012 target could not be met. Simple. There's no need to foam at the mouth over this issue.

I dont even believe in speculating over dates on the issue of stable power supply. There'r several variables one may not be incomplete control of. What is important is to pursue the power road map to logical conclusion and Nigerians will surely see incremental improvement in power supply. The president used to share this opinion but I was surprised when he recently promised stable power by mid-2014. I think the president should stick to his principle of not speculating on dates.

Meanwhile, tremendous progress has been made in implementing the power road map. The govt should just remain focused.
Re: Jonathan To Eliminate Power Outage By 2012 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The 2012 target could not be met. Simple. There's no need to foam at the mouth over this issue.

I dont even believe in speculating over dates on the issue of stable power supply. There'r several variables one may not be incomplete control of. What is important is to pursue the power road map to logical conclusion and Nigerians will surely see incremental improvement in power supply. The president used to share this opinion but I was surprised when he recently promised stable power by mid-2014. I think the president should stick to his principle of not speculating on dates.

Meanwhile, tremendous progress has been made in implementing the power road map. The govt should just remain focused.
So you actually went back digging out your lies in your archives? 2012 don pass tey tey still we are on zero level. what lies are you gonna tell us now huh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Fighting Corruption With Subsidy Probe / How Army Took Down SHEKAU Impersonator Mohammed Basir.a MUST READ / Revealed! Tinubu Owns Act Technologies,the Company That Produce Our Pvc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.