Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Atiku’s Greatest Mistake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Greatest Mistake (8220 Views)

My Greatest Mistake For Labour Party / Aregbesola Greatest Mistake And Possible Sollution / Greatest Mistake By Igbo - War Against Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by zomby(m): 1:17am On Feb 26, 2019
1. Atiku surrounded himself with hopeless losers that lack integrity eg: Saraki
2. Atiku miscalculated by picking Obi as his running mate..He should have picked a fresh blood from the north.
3. Atiku was clearly not prepared...His plans for Nigeria/ strategies to move Nigeria forward were not clear enough and also lacked sincerity.
4. Atiku did not take advantage of the new kids on the block....by pulling the fresh blood (Sowore, Moghalu etc) to his side, by enticing/ embracing them with open hands.
5. Atiku’s fight against corruption strategy was not clear and also lacked sincerity
6. Atiku went back to ask for OBJ’s blessings...That showed most Nigerians his desperation to become the president...You just never eat what You’ve vomited.
7. Atiku f00led nobody but himself by visiting United States of America for less than 18 hours (by clearly using diplomatic connection/ privilage that was put together by Saraki)

It is very sad that Atiku couldn’t even win his hometown and also lost Kwara.

I guess, it is true that a Good name is better than diamond and gold.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by wallex1983(m): 1:19am On Feb 26, 2019
I doubt if you are totally right, but the guy still miscalculated.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by bender79: 1:20am On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku should have picked a SW VP.

22 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by oyebanji44: 1:21am On Feb 26, 2019
grin grin grin grin this op..don make me laff tire grin grin..Atiku cursed himself for his stupidity..it pays to be honest because it would speak for you..l laughed again grin grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:25am On Feb 26, 2019
Tambuwal and Fayose would have achieved more. Atiku is very Rich but has no political relevance in the North. Thank You

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by bodejohn(m): 1:26am On Feb 26, 2019
zomby:

2. Atiku miscalculated by picking Obi as his running mate..He should have picked a fresh blood from the north.

Seriously? Would you have voted for a joint northern ticket?

22 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by BuhariAdvocate: 1:31am On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku name synonymous with criminal is enough to revolt against him.

10 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by oyebanji44: 1:31am On Feb 26, 2019
zomby:
1. Atiku surrounded himself with hopeless losers that lack integrity eg: Saraki
3. Atiku was clearly not prepared...His plans for Nigeria/ strategies to move Nigeria forward were not clear enough and also lacked sincerity.
4. Atiku did not take advantage of the new kids on the block....by pulling the fresh blood (Sowore, Moghalu etc) to his side, by enticing/ embracing them with open hands.
5. Atiku’s fight against corruption strategy was not clear and also lacked sincerity
6. Atiku went back to ask for OBJ’s blessings...That showed most Nigerians his desperation to become the president...You just never eat what You’ve vomited.
7. Atiku f00led nobody but himself by visiting United States of America for less than 18 hours (by clearly using diplomatic connection/ privilage that was put together by Saraki)

It is very sad that Atiku couldn’t even win his hometown and also lost Kwara.

I guess, it is true that a Good name is better than diamond and gold.
thanks..l really like this..it pays to be honest

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by zomby(m): 1:32am On Feb 26, 2019
bodejohn:

The igbos were ready to vote for Atiku (PDP) regardless of his running mate.

A good percentage of Yorubas were also ready to vote for him

But the north wasn’t going to vote for Atiku/ Obi against Buhari. It is completely impossible. Atiku would have been better off with a strong running mate from Kano or Sokoto.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by zomby(m): 1:32am On Feb 26, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Atiku name synonymous with criminal is enough to revolt against him.

On point!

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by Kennydoc(m): 1:35am On Feb 26, 2019
bender79:

Would that have made him win? Even if he had Buhari's SW votes and Buhari had his, he would still lose. The people that made him win are NE and NW electorates, and I don't think having a Yoruba man on his ticket would have made much difference to their voting pattern.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by soberdrunk(m): 1:38am On Feb 26, 2019
Nigerian politics is not clear cut but I personally reckon his biggest mistake was the party he chose, old wine in old bottle with a new label is hard to sell, Atiku should have picked a new party(He has the resources) with a "totally" fresh young face as VP then play the "integrity game" with Buhari, start by admitting he made mistakes and he is coming back to correct them, throw all his old party members under the bus by discrediting them and making ground shaking revelations. A lot of people supporting Buhari today are still under his "Integrity shadow", if Atiku was able to get just 30% of the "integrity voters" plus the huge number of people that have lost hope in Buhari he will have had a better chance......... If only he had employed me as strategist/image maker by now we will be packing our bags to Ask rock, but instead he took people to Dubai to receive wrong advice. No image sells faster than a "repentant criminal" in Nigeria, I don't know the people that adviced him but the wrongest move was attacking "Buhari' that some people still see as an angel, all he had to do was clean his own image and even show support for Buhari but secretly hammer on how he is being manipulated by "imaginary people", Buharis wife already started it, so he should have just capitalized on it while still insisting that Buhari is an angel......

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by Rossikki: 1:41am On Feb 26, 2019
PDP should never have picked Atiku in the first place.

Too much baggage.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by Thobiy(m): 1:43am On Feb 26, 2019
The Handwriting On The Wall Says It All
The Devil You Know Is Better Than The Angel You Don't Know

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:45am On Feb 26, 2019
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by FarahAideed: 1:46am On Feb 26, 2019
so we are going to pretend like Buhari and INEC didn't rig !!!!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by blujoi(m): 1:49am On Feb 26, 2019
Thank you, Atiku this, Atiku that. Peoples votes were subverted, the electoral process severely compromised and you all are here theorizing.

FarahAideed:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by citizenY(m): 1:50am On Feb 26, 2019
wallex1983:
I doubt if you are totally right, but the guy still miscalculated.

I think his biggest fiop was to pander to that wily fox..OBJ. That OBJ speech was a clanger, showcasing all the dark sides of Atiku and claiming to have repented.

In actual fact it was grand sarcasm. OBJ behaved like Pontius Pilate. and handed him over to us and we nailed Atiku.

OBJ never forgave Atiku for giving him horrors and of course his third term bid. He got his Pound of flesh by making sure Atiku lost his attempt at the exalted office. It was Abeokuta plan against Dubai strategy.

In effect Dubai strategy was a nonstarter...Dead on arrival or even before conception. I congratulate all those wet chop dollar.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by soberdrunk(m): 2:07am On Feb 26, 2019
citizenY:

I think his biggest fiop was to pander to that wily fox..OBJ. That OBJ speech was a clanger, showcasing all the dark sides of Atiku and claiming to have repented.

In actual fact it was grand sarcasm. OBJ behaved like Pontius Pilate. and handed him over to us and we nailed Atiku.

OBJ never forgave Atiku for giving him horrors and of course his third term bid. He got his Pound of flesh by making sure Atiku lost his attempt at the exalted office. It was Abeokuta plan against Dubai strategy.

In effect Dubai strategy was a nonstarter...Dead on arrival or even before conception. I congratulate all those wet chop dollar.

You are smart, the first person he should have thrown under the bus was OBJ, open a can of worms, pin all Nigeria's problems on him and promise to prosecute him but instead he went for PMB that cannot do wrong in the eyes of so many people.....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by OnucheAdams: 2:19am On Feb 26, 2019
blujoi:
Thank you, Atiku this, Atiku that. Peoples votes were subverted, the electoral process severely compromised and you all are here theorizing.

No mind them; it's the paradox with Nigerians. Rather than tell ourselves the truth, we tend to use baseless analysis to justify criminality. I am from Kogi State and can say for a fact that Buhari needed a miracle to win the State. In this case, the miracle came via rigging and thuggery...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by Dami12345: 2:23am On Feb 26, 2019
FarahAideed:

So....what are you going to do.
SARS pissed on us.
Efcc robbed us.
NEPA held the light and public schools became private, while pastora were drumming into our ears that we should all thank God for life while all this is going on.

Nothing ever changes on its own. So it was rigged we all know. And so what. What are you going to do. angry
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by Dami12345: 2:25am On Feb 26, 2019
OnucheAdams:

No mind them; it's the paradox with Nigerians. Rather than tell ourselves the truth, we tend to use baseless analysis to justify criminality. I am from Kogi State and can say for a fact that Buhari needed a miracle to win the State. In this case, the miracle came via rigging and thuggery...

Lol, miracles can be made. Thank tinubu the magician. grin

Sorry bro, let's all suffer together, what will 4 more years like this look like, how many of us will still be alive?
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by Chikpat(m): 2:27am On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku?
He cannot be president of Nigeria.
He has been wasting the stolen wealth his children, wives and relations would have inherited

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by blujoi(m): 2:30am On Feb 26, 2019
It’s clear to all that the miracle of rigging is what ensured his victory. Rather than talk about it people are analyzing what I don’t know. I am not suprised though, PMB is not a gentleman as he projects and the hawks around him would kill to retain power.

OnucheAdams:

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by bodejohn(m): 2:39am On Feb 26, 2019
zomby:

The igbos were ready to vote for Atiku (PDP) regardless of his running mate.

A good percentage of Yorubas were also ready to vote for him

But the north wasn’t going to vote for Atiku/ Obi against Buhari. It is completely impossible. Atiku would have been better off with a strong running mate from Kano or Sokoto.

They indeed were...as confirmed by the massive turnout of voters he (Atiku) received from the SS & SE...
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by kayfra: 2:46am On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku should never have been fielded by PDP. He has too much well documented baggage and it's not even limited to local baggage sef and OBJ essentially destroyed his political career in his book. So it looked insincere to now start embracing him all of a sudden after he was chasing a phantom 3rd force.

Both parties rigged, so please relax on the rigging excuse. Really, it sounds hollow.

Next time, don't embrace a fraud like Kanu that only suppresses the turnout for your voting base. PDP should also get rid of divisive Reno and FFK faster than they can admit defeat.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by Rossikki: 2:50am On Feb 26, 2019
soberdrunk:
Nigerian politics is not clear cut but I personally reckon his biggest mistake was the party he chose, old wine in old bottle with a new label is hard to sell, Atiku should have picked a new party(He has the resources) with a "totally" fresh young face as VP then play the "integrity game" with Buhari, start by admitting he made mistakes and he is coming back to correct them, throw all his old party members under the bus by discrediting them and making ground shaking revelations. A lot of people supporting Buhari today are still under his "Integrity shadow", if Atiku was able to get just 30% of the "integrity voters" plus the huge number of people that have lost hope in Buhari he will have had a better chance......... If only he had employed me as strategist/image maker by now we will be packing our bags to Ask rock, but instead he took people to Dubai to receive wrong advice. No image sells faster than a "repentant criminal" in Nigeria, I don't know the people that adviced him but the wrongest move was attacking "Buhari' that some people still see as an angel, all he had to do was clean his own image and even show support for Buhari but secretly hammer on how he is being manipulated by "imaginary people", Buharis wife already started it, so he should have just capitalized on it while still insisting that Buhari is an angel......

If Atiku, as I presume under your thesis, were to admit publicly to having been corrupt, wouldn't it be fair to assume there would be a clamour for him to return pilfered monies, probably preceded by a visit from the EFCC?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by eph12(m): 2:52am On Feb 26, 2019
bender79:
It won't have mattered to the north where he failed woefully. Atiku did very well in the SW without a SW VP and results from the SE could have easily cancelled that
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by crispyJ: 3:02am On Feb 26, 2019
bodejohn:

one major reason why we are retarded, our political assertion has always been based on tribalism, ethnicity, our own emotions, the political party ..
We never asked what has he the said candidate to offer or what plans he has for the nation.

Check: the major contestants? atiku & buhari.
Check: are they the best options? No...not at all.

What happened to the others probably they did not share looted funds to the masses

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by chukwuibuipob: 3:08am On Feb 26, 2019
cool They see him as a saboteur /greedy man
/challenging pa Bubu wic most Northern peepz see as their god with his running mate Obi Him Tu Lie from East china,compound his woe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by crispyJ: 3:11am On Feb 26, 2019
blujoi:
It’s clear to all that the miracle of rigging is what ensured his victory. Rather than talk about it people are analyzing what I don’t know. I am not suprised though, PMB is not a gentleman as he projects and the hawks around him would kill to retain power.

Even he himself would kill to retain power... They are already doing it, shedding innocent bloods to reelect an incumbent that has done nothing for the people, will do nothing for the people and actually has nothing to offer except for trips to places where he gains nothing.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by larrymoore(m): 3:15am On Feb 26, 2019
So he is gone be that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid / Gbenga Daniel On Hunger Strike In EFCC Custody - Sahara Reporters / Voting For Atiku Will Be Suicide Mission – Former Aide, Michael Achimugu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.