Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

Atiku’s Greatest Mistake - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Greatest Mistake (8253 Views)

My Greatest Mistake For Labour Party / Aregbesola Greatest Mistake And Possible Sollution / Greatest Mistake By Igbo - War Against Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by StArusi: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2019
Buhari is adored in the North because of his strong Islamic ideas not integrity.Atiku was rejected because he is liberal. The North don't like liberal Muslims,they want people that can openly support & defend Islamic agenda like sharia & Jihad. Buhari has done this over the years

3 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by citizenY(m): 11:39am On Feb 26, 2019
soberdrunk:

You are smart, the first person he should have thrown under the bus was OBJ, open a can of worms, pin all Nigeria's problems on him and promise to prosecute him but instead he went for PMB that cannot do wrong in the eyes of so many people.....

Voupdcit have been possible, with Atiku guilty by association, as vice president?
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by zomby(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
gidgiddy:

The unwritten rule of Nigerian politics is that if a Northerner is running, he must pick a Southerner. If a Southerner is running, his vice must be from the North

A vice president and President cannot be from the same zone and one must be a Muslim and the other, a Christian

Another unwritten rule of Nigerian politics is to win an election and start stealing.

My point is there is nothing wrong with trying something unprecedented.

Picking Obi as his running mate was a major mistake.
If Atiku was rejected for picking a running mate from the north, he had enough resources and loyal followers to start a new party...In fact, Atiku was better off without PDP; you can’t call yourself a born again christian and also surround yourself with active prostitutes....PDP is full of desperate prostitutes...Saraki happens to be one of the major PDP prostitutes.

As a good politician, you want your running mate to give you a good percentage of the total votes, I do not believe that picking Obi produced any relevant number of the total votes.
I guess, Atiku did not realize the importance of picking the right running mate, he also didn’t realize that things have changed; Nigerians are no longer sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by gidgiddy: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2019
zomby:

Another unwritten rule of Nigerian politics is to win an election and start stealing.

My point is there is nothing wrong with trying something unprecedented.

Picking Obi as his running mate was a major mistake.
If Atiku was rejected for picking a running mate from the north, he had enough resources and loyal followers to start a new party...In fact, Atiku was better off without PDP; you can’t call yourself a born again christian and also surround yourself with active prostitutes....PDP is full of desperate prostitutes...Saraki happens to be one of the major PDP prostitutes.

As a good politician, you want your running mate to give you a good percentage of the total votes, I do not believe that picking Obi produced any relevant number of the total votes.
I guess, Atiku did not realize the importance of picking the right running mate, he also didn’t realize that things have changed; Nigerians are no longer sleeping.

It is never done in Nigerian politics where the president and his vice are from the same zone, it is not even allowed because it does not reflect federal character. If Atiku who is a Northerner and former vice-president for 8 years cannot get his fellow Northerners to massively vote for him, who is this other Northerner that will do it for him?

If Atiku went with a new party, he would have to spend years building structures in all 36 states and 774 local Government, he simply doesn't have that time.

The SE/SS All voted for Atiku as well as parts of the SW. Atiku's job to win the elections was to convince his fellow Northerners to vote him. If Atiku could not convince his own people to vote for him then it means that Buhari was more popular in the North than him.
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by zomby(m): 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
gidgiddy:

It is never done in Nigerian politics where the president and his vice are from the same zone, it is not even allowed because it does not reflect federal character. If Atiku who is a Northerner and former vice-president for 8 years cannot get his fellow Northerners to massively vote for him, who is this other Northerner that will do it for him?

If Atiku went with a new party, he would have to spend years building structures in all 36 states and 774 local Government, he simply doesn't have that time.

The SE/SS All voted for Atiku as well as parts of the SW. Atiku's job to win the elections was to convince his fellow Northerners to vote him. If Atiku could not convince his own people to vote for him then it means that Buhari was more popular in the North than him.

Bravo!
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by NkayStory(f): 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
StArusi:
Buhari is adored in the North because of his strong Islamic ideas not integrity.Atiku was rejected because he is liberal. The North don't like liberal Muslims,they want people that can openly support & defend Islamic agenda like sharia & Jihad. Buhari has done this over the years

One of the few intelligent folks on this thread..kudos!
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by raumdeuter: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
He picked the wrong vice
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by zomby(m): 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
raumdeuter:
He picked the wrong vice

True...
But as gigiddy has stated, what can a right VP do for a dude that couldn’t even win his hometown?

I think Atiku’s issue is bigger than just picking the wrong VP...His main issue has a lot to do with his weak integrity, lack of clear vision and also keeping Saraki as his side-kick didn’t help the situation.
Re: Atiku’s Greatest Mistake by eyinjuege: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2019
gidgiddy:

The unwritten rule of Nigerian politics is that if a Northerner is running, he must pick a Southerner. If a Southerner is running, his vice must be from the North

A vice president and President cannot be from the same zone and one must be a Muslim and the other, a Christian

Abiola's then June 12, was a moslem SW/ moslem North ticket and Nigerians still voted for him enmass. It was declared as one of the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria. I think he might have gotten away with a well educated liberal moslem SW vice president. The SW would have voted more for their own regardless of religion, and the north would have supported him more because of the religion of his vice. The SE wanted buhari out at all cost, so he can never be an option there.
But Atiku still tried a lot in this election, as i didn't expect him to do as well as he did.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only 860,000 People Voted In Kano Out Of 5.8m Voters / Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria / Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.