Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,188 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State (1236 Views)

Pan-yoruba Urges Southwest Nigerian State Governors To Establish O’odua Airlines / Southners Be Wise!!! / Truth Be Told, Mobolaji Johnson Was Just Another Slave Of The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Ezeego1(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2019
The voting pattern in this country is something of great concern to we southerners if we ever dream of producing a president in this country.

Do you know the total votes buhari got from the 3 southern region can't close the difference of his winning margin??

Let's be honest to ourselves it will take the southern Nigerian nothing less than 12years to produce a president. Believing the north will return power to the south in 2023 is daydreaming cos is never going to happen.

Is time for the southerners to come together and work as brothers irrespective of our differences and the only way we southners can do that is by denying any northern president our 25 percent votes in all the southern states.

If this strategy isn't taken it will take the southern Nigeria the next 10-15years to produce a president at the mercy of our northern slave masters.

2 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 27, 2019
I already raised a thread on this yesterday. I'm not PDP but in the interest of the region I will support that this figures should be contested in order to prevent a situation only North will produce the Presidency.

God is telling us something in the South and until we unite we remain the slave they have us to be.

Thank You.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by SluttanSlayer: 10:19am On Feb 27, 2019
The only solution is to restructure the polity, reduce the powers and roles of the FG.

Jonathan wanted to do this with his confab which the yorubas led by Tinubu opposed .

Jonathan was a golden opportunity for the south but unbelievable the same south was his greatest critic and opponent. While the north had only BH to express their frustration , the south had enough useful idiots willing and ready to insult and derail GEJ's govt .

The south can never smell the presidency as things stand because the north will never relinquish their grip on power and there won't be any silly talk of restructuring anymore. Just look at the idiots that were elected into the Senate under the APC; is it that Buffon Roachass or that crook Kalu that will speak for the south ?
Una never see anything

5 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Ennyson7: 10:27am On Feb 27, 2019
Even if shekau of boko haram was to contest, the north will still vote him massively and he would win because we southerners are slaves to the north, even if the north decides to continue rulling forever, this election just shows nothing we southerners can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Ezeego1(m): 10:30am On Feb 27, 2019
All these excuses of poor turn out isn't the major issue here the fact remains that the south does not have the numbers to challenge any northern presidency.

Even if there's over 70 percent voters turn out in the south compared to 35 percent in the north nothing will still change. It's quite unfortunate the northern illiterates will keep foisting a leader on us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by TIGRITIS: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2019
I don't understand the op.

Since the return of democracy, South has had 3 terms and the north is just about to start its third term now, so where is the "12 yrs before a southerner can be a president" coming from? In all cases, was it not through the ballot?

Besides, are you saying if atiku had won, his tenure would have counted as that of south? I'm not understanding. angry
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by DMerciful(m): 11:10am On Feb 27, 2019
He is saying the north can always get away with rigging due to the extreme position of their states where voting cannot be sufficiently monitored and as such they will decide whether to relinquish power or not!
TIGRITIS:

Since the return of democracy, South has had 3 terms and the north is just about to start its third term now, so where is the "12 yrs before a southerner can be a president" coming from? In all cases, was it not through the ballot?

Besides, are you saying if atiku had won, his tenure would have counted as that of south? I'm not understanding. angry

2 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by TIGRITIS: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2019
DMerciful:
He is saying the north can always get away with rigging due to the extreme position of their states where voting cannot be sufficiently monitored and as such they will decide whether to relinquish power or not!
And I maintain, the northerners are not stupid when it comes to politics. Remember, obj and gej were voted by northerners.
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by SluttanSlayer: 11:26am On Feb 27, 2019
Ezeego1:
All these excuses of poor turn out isn't the major issue here the fact remains that the south does not have the numbers to challenge any northern presidency.

Even if there's over 70 percent voters turn out in the south compared to 35 percent in the north nothing will still change. It's quite unfortunate the northern illiterates will keep foisting a leader on us.

Northern population advantage is a myth

Voter's apathy and INEC PVC distribution in the south coupled with massive rigging in the north is why we keep seeing these incredible figures from the north .

Every northern politician no matter their political persuasion will still support INEC disenfranchisement of southern voters because it reinforces the myth of northern population advantage .

2 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by DMerciful(m): 11:40am On Feb 27, 2019
Ofcourse they know if they overplay their hands the South will secede! Remember we were amalgamated, we were not originally one! The only reason we are still together is due to SW reluctance and they know it!
TIGRITIS:

And I maintain, the northerners are not stupid when it comes to politics. Remember, obj and gej were voted by northerners.
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Blankstare(m): 11:49am On Feb 27, 2019
The south and the middle belt can make it happen reminiscent of 2011 between GEJ and buhari.
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by helinues: 11:52am On Feb 27, 2019
TIGRITIS:

The message is the northerners are united when it involves one of their own.. Reverse is the case in Southern part

3 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by TIGRITIS: 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
DMerciful:
Ofcourse they know if they overplay their hands the South will secede! Remember we were amalgamated, we were not originally one! The only reason we are still together is due to SW reluctance and they know it!
Trust me, you got it wrong.

While not ruling out the fact that it may lead to the highlighted, I'm telling you, that is the least of their worries and that is not why the northerners will massively vote for a southerner. But I'm telling you, come 2023, any northerner that come out to contest will be disgraced at the poll by the same northerners.

Remember, buhari contested against obj and gej.
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by TIGRITIS: 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
helinues:

The message is the northerners are united when it involves one of their own.. Reverse is the case in Southern part
Buhari contested against obj twice and gej. You know the outcomes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Corrinthians(m): 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
Ezeego1:

The voting pattern in this country is something of great concern to we southerners if we ever dream of producing a president in this country.

Do you know the total votes buhari got from the 3 southern region can't close the difference of his winning margin??

Let's be honest to ourselves it will take the southern Nigerian nothing less than 12years to produce a president. Believing the north will return power to the south in 2023 is daydreaming cos is never going to happen.

Is time for the southerners to come together and work as brothers irrespective of our differences and the only way we southners can do that is by denying any northern president our 25 percent votes in all the southern states.

If this strategy isn't taken it will take the southern Nigeria the next 10-15years to produce a president at the mercy of our northern slave masters.
Juat look at a human being. Because of election defeat, he wakes up to call his mother, father, and siblings SLAVES!!!

Good to know youre a slave man. Im not a bit surprised though, that redhead called nnamudi cownu had already called you people slaves even before the election. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by DMerciful(m): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
We need to restructure, this system we are operating is slowing the progress of the South. North is OK with the way they are and that has always been but we southerners are not OK, it's like a race car being tethered to a truck, it losses it's speed. We need to go to a confederation so every state and region move at their own pace!
TIGRITIS:

While not ruling out the fact that it may lead to the highlighted, I'm telling you, that is the least of their worries and that is not why the northerners will massively vote for a southerner. But I'm telling you, come 2023, any northerner that come out to contest will be disgraced at the poll by the same northerners.

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by identitylenz(m): 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2019
see it for yah seff this is specifically for the YORUBAS.

2 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by ozo13(m): 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
ejibaba:
I already raised a thread on this yesterday. I'm not PDP but in the interest of the region I will support that this figures should be contested in order to prevent a situation only North will produce the Presidency.

God is telling us something in the South and until we unite we remain the slave they have us to be.

Thank You.
any body I think could produce.
The fulani and hausas are so united unlike the southerners that are so not united.if south wr united ,the middle belt block vote should have been a limiting step to the to the north if the southerners where united
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Asshurbanipal: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2019
TIGRITIS:

Buhari has always won big in the north since 2003.

1 Like

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Asshurbanipal: 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2019
DMerciful:
We need to restructure, this system we are operating is slowing the progress of the South. North is OK with the way they are and that has always been but we southerners are not OK, it's like a race car being tethered to a truck, it losses it's speed. We need to go to a confederation so every state and region move at their own pace!
Sw has been clamouring for restructuring. When GEJ confab was heading in that direction they voted against GEJ and atiku promised restructuring yet no block vote for them. Suddenly being more "politically relevant" than igbos become their only goal in life

3 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by nwanyionitsha: 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
TIGRITIS:

You are funny. All the times southerners governed, did you know they were in agreement for that to happen?
See even if Apc and Pdp field southerners, if the north chooses not to support, all they will do is bring out a popular candidates in a small party and look for foolish southerners to work with them.
Remember, there is no law that says presidency must be interchanged between south and north. It was just their 'leniency' that gave opportunities to Obj and Gej.
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by nwanyionitsha: 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
TIGRITIS:

Some are cut out for the suffering and do not care about it. The North never told us they do not like suffering and poverty.

All they want is power. I spoke to a Hausa Fulani friend of mine last night who spoke what he described as some truths to me.

He said you Igbos have commerce and industry. Your people travel all over the world, many send money back to their parents and their communities, from their diasporan jobs.

The South West has commerce also, education, thriving airports and Seaports.

The Middle belt has agriculture and Food, and we accommodate them by giving them jobs.

So we must leave power to them in the North. That Power, is all they have to survive on. That whether you guys leave power for us or not, we have designed a foolproof means to take power and hold on to it till 2031. He said that power to the North is not a desire or want, but a genuine need for the survival of the Northerner. That in the next 48hrs, I will see what will happen, and how easily Buhari will be declared winner. I said impossible. He said just watch.

He told me that the North suffered while Obasanjo and Jonathan were in power. He said OBJ retired all their Generals. OBJ gave the ministry of Finance to a Southerner for the first time, that Jonathan did same. That if not for El Rufai and Ribadu putting their foot down in 2007, that Obasanjo was almost going to hand power over to a Southerner in the name of Peter Odili. He said that that singular move by El Rufai and Ribadu will make one of them President after Buhari in 2023.

He said the North will never go back to playing second fiddle. Their experience from 1999 to 2015 is not one they will forget in a while. That the North loves Buhari, because he gives all his appointments to Northerners. That whenever a northerner is in charge of a sector, they recruit and promote northerners, and it's effects last for more than 20yrs, and help their people survive, which is why they love and admire Buhari's approach to appointments.

He went on to say that Atiku is from an unrecognized Adamawa State and is almost a Kanuri. That him and his restructuring agenda will never be allowed to rule. That he knows it, and all the North know it, which is why the elections in the North are peaceful and there is no fighting, thuggery and killing. That the North know that Atiku's policies will advance the South and send the North into deep poverty, not on purpose, but by sharing the power, so they will not let him on board. That PDP shot themselves in the foot by choosing Atiku. A man from the Northwest, Tambuwal or Kwankwaso would have done it, and kept power in the North for them, but Atiku is far too exposed.

He even went as far as telling me that the south should forget 2023, and 2027. That the North have agreed that the south will not have power again till 2031, at the earliest and so it shall be. By which time they will have Fulani emirates in cattle colonies in Ebonyi, Oyo and Edo State, whether we like it or not.

They have told Ribadu and El Rufai to warm up, that it will be one of them in 2023, most likely the former, who is being kept away from controversy.

I asked what about Tinubu and Osinbajo. He laughed louder than ever. He described Tinubu as the biggest southern fool alive. He said they in the North were surprised that he would be fighting for Buhari's second term, after all Buhari did to him in his first four year term. He had none of his ministerial appointments approved and was shut completely out. All it took was Buhari attending his birthday party for his heart to melt. His VP was also shut out and is continously disgraced in Aso Rock. The only VP in the history of Nigeria that cannot see the president without going through an administrative staff, the chief of Staff, Abba Kyari. He said they do not trust Osinbajo, hence keeping him out of sensitive meetings, and that he will never be President, except he is ready to wait for 2031, but he is not their type.

He said the game of divide and rule will be perfected after 29th of May, as they seek to reduce Tinubu and prop up the likes of Fashola and a few others from the South West. He said by the time they finish with Tinubu, he will either go to jail or leave the party to run under another party platform, but they do not care.

I said, so you really think Atiku will lose this election. He said yes, that the North are not fighting. They have chosen, and Atiku better go get back his monies from the Generals that he bribed to make him the concensus candidate of PDP, yet failed to consult them when choosing a VP.

I thanked him and said that Atiku will be the next president of Nigeria and all their evil plans will be destroyed. Let us all pray for Atiku and Obi's victory. We have voted. All we have to do now is protect our votes and pray. If only Southerners would listen and Unite, the North would not have just evil plans against us.

Chief JCI
25/02/19

2 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by gidgiddy: 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
Ezeego1:

Southern Nigerians have always been slaves of the North. The only people who have ever tried to do anything about is Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu.

1 Like

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by nwanyionitsha: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
DMerciful:
Lies. They have seen how stupid we are.
Except we have international support, we are going no where. They are incharge of everything and they are empowering themselves the more especially with this last election.

4 Likes

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by nwanyionitsha: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2019
Blankstare:
The south and the middle belt can make it happen reminiscent of 2011 between GEJ and buhari.
Do you know they allocated votes in the south an in the middle belt.
Go check Bayelsa votes and tell me whether it is true or rigged.
What i want you to understand is that for southerner to be president, they must permit it. Fyi, they are the god of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by nwanyionitsha: 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
TIGRITIS:

See,if they don't permit it, you can't get it. Go figure. And while at it, remember they permitted Obj and Gej.
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2019
ozo13:
any body I think could produce.
The fulani and hausas are so united unlike the southerners that are so not united.

I am I'm the North they are not as United as you think. Forget it, they are only oppressing them the way they will come for the South soon. Just mark it I said it
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by ozo13(m): 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2019
ejibaba:

I am I'm the North they are not as United as you think. Forget it, they are only oppressing them the way they will come for the South soon. Just mark it I said it
they r united.have leave among them for like more than 3years now.politics aside.they r so united
Re: Southners The Modern Slave Of Nigerian State by Xander85: 11:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
SluttanSlayer:
The only solution is to restructure the polity, reduce the powers and roles of the FG.

Jonathan wanted to do this with his confab which the yorubas led by Tinubu opposed .

Jonathan was a golden opportunity for the south but unbelievable the same south was his greatest critic and opponent. While the north had only BH to express their frustration , the south had enough useful idiots willing and ready to insult and derail GEJ's govt .

The south can never smell the presidency as things stand because the north will never relinquish their grip on power and there won't be any silly talk of restructuring anymore. Just look at the idiots that were elected into the Senate under the APC; is it that Buffon Roachass or that crook Kalu that will speak for the south ?
Una never see anything

Hehehehe grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria 4th In African Millitary Strenght Ranking / See What An Angry Voter Wrote On A Ballot Paper / I'm Not Like You Who WAEC Helps To Forged Result -- Atiku To PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.