Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! (39993 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / Pepper In Vagina Saga: No Phone Was Missing, Police CP / "How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by ejimatic: 11:21am On Feb 28, 2019
egojeny1:

What if the phone is stolen @ night how can one get his/her acct blocked immediately?
. If your pin of your account is not on your phone it may take some hours before your account is accessed so you can still block the account following day immediately by 8 am . But if the phone is not locked and your pin is on your phone it will be accessed immediately. If your phone is missing at night but you still have your ATM go to your Bank and change your ATM pin immediately.. Following morning block your account. A man was robbed by armed robbers who came with POS and collected his ATMs and all his pins.He gave them at gunpoint.Following day he started running to the branches of the concerned banks and was able to block three accounts out of 4..Before he got to the last bank they had withdrawn 150 000 from the account.After much pressure the bank showed the face of the guy who made the withdrawal. For a rest of mind ,it is better to lose a phone during the day than at night. especially if you dont have ATM with you.Please note that if your ATM is missing but your phone is with you you can change your pin immediately on your phone through your mobile app.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 28, 2019
Tellemall:

Which email of the CBN?

Is there another one not on their website that will actually respond to one without saying that the contact is forbidden?

Contacting the CBN is overrated.

The last time I contacted them response came in that day. If you make your letter formal and reasonable

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Contacts/

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by mfm04622: 11:34am On Feb 28, 2019
Sicilyjoe:

Do u know if bank is open at that time

All banks have helpdesk that you can contact at anytime
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by dayleke: 11:47am On Feb 28, 2019
This is really scary o.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by mechanics(m): 11:55am On Feb 28, 2019
Your friend should have ask the bank if it's possible to withdraw from one's account through the phone without the pin, I don't think so.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by HimName: 11:56am On Feb 28, 2019
FantasticJ:

Oga, It's not the bank, It's the Op friend.
There must have been a saved PIN on his phone or SIM. There's no way funds will move without passwords.

Bros, you should be concerned how First bank is always frequented in all this.

A friend who experienced this was not having his PIN saved on his phone.

No sharp guy would do that bro. Abi u save ur PIN for ur phone?

Obviously, there was connivance between the thief and the bigger thief working with the bank.

An incidence of similar nature to this occurred about some five to seven months ago which got my company involved. It trended wide even here on Nairaland.

We are all not elimentary on issue of akin nature bro.

Always try to up your safety measures.

The Internet isn't safe as you think.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:57am On Feb 28, 2019
Greenbullet:
his phone was passworded !
was his sim also passworded?

They can put his sim inside another phone nah
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by mastermaestro(m): 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
FantasticJ:

Oga, It's not the bank, It's the Op friend.
There must have been a saved PIN on his phone or SIM. There's no way funds will move without passwords.

You are the only thinking fellow here. The phone theft and account fraud were done by someone who knows him and has vital info about him. He should just watch his back.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by sharena(m): 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
MONEY WHEN DON LOST DON LOST,
FIRST QUESTION
HOW DID HE GET THE PIN TO USE USSD

SECOND QUESTION
WETIN CONCERN BANK WITH MONEY THAT WAS TRANSFERRED WHEN YOU DIDN'T REPORT THE CASE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT THERE IS MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT

YOU ARE THERE BLAMING BANK WHEN YOU HAVE NOT SAT DOWN TO REASON OUT HOW STUPID YOU WERE NOT TO HAVE INFORMED THE BANK IMMEDIATELY THE PHONE WAS STOLEN SO YOU COULD GET YOUR ACCOUNT BLOCKED FIRST PENDING WHEN YOU WILL CHANGE THE NUMBER IN THE BANKS SYSTEM TO AVOID THESE KIND OF STORIES

1 Like

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Welcomme: 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
jhenie:
Having a password on a phone isn't enough security, the bank's USSD code was probably used for the transaction. I advise everyone to have a sim lock code as well, if he had, the thief wouldn't have succeeded. Meanwhile @poster if the bank refuses to trace the thief go to CBN complaint panel and report the case with all evidence that you already reported to the bank. Regulatory bodies loves to get such information for easy fining. Or complain on twitter and tag FBN and CBN.
How do I access the sim lock pls?
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Youngzedd(m): 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
FreelanceRebel:
Request for official bank statement(stamped)
Go to court and file affidavit
Get a police report
Print all your evidence and petition EFCC, forwarded a copy of you petition to CBN indicating it as a forward letter, via email (they will respond in less than 2 hours)
Forward same hardcopy (printed) to your bank branch and headquarter via email

At the bottom of your letter indicate CC: and state all the receipts full address for example.

CC:
EFCC recipient
CBN recipient
Bank HQ address
Etc

If you did not get your money with 10 working days, am in my house come and beat me.

This is reason why we should all have a charge and bail lawyer to handle small case like this.

Pls am not a lawyer o, my job is web design and am hungry now, pls epp me give me your website job, blog design, WordPress, Drupal etc

Am passionate about not starving to death

Hahahahaha grin grin grin

All for 18,500 NGN?

Court will collect their share, police will collect their usual lion's share, then lawyer will collect one month salary for your head.

Expenses you will make will wow you.

People should learn to stop using easy password. Social engineering may sound simple but it works in this part of the world where people do not take cyber security serious.

They just removed the sim, tried with 5555, 2222 1234 etc grin and one clicked.

At this level it is hard for the police to believe you because people can still eat and have their cake, the bank won't tell you anything. The only way to know who is saying the truth is to get the two parties. To get the suspect, omo you will sponsor the movement of Police guys to the suspect's address. Don't be surprised to be billed 100k for mobilisation grin

Note: EFCC don't treat local case below 1M.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Youngzedd(m): 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
sharena:
MONEY WHEN DON LOST DON LOST,
FIRST QUESTION
HOW DID HE GET THE PIN TO USE USSD

SECOND QUESTION
WETIN CONCERN BANK WITH MONEY THAT WAS TRANSFERRED WHEN YOU DIDN'T REPORT THE CASE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT THERE IS MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT

YOU ARE THERE BLAMING BANK WHEN YOU HAVE NOT SAT DOWN TO REASON OUT HOW STUPID YOU WERE NOT TO HAVE INFORMED THE BANK IMMEDIATELY THE PHONE WAS STOLEN SO YOU COULD GET YOUR ACCOUNT BLOCKED FIRST PENDING WHEN YOU WILL CHANGE THE NUMBER IN THE BANKS SYSTEM TO AVOID THESE KIND OF STORIES

They went to school and graduated without acquiring education.

Nigerians are very funny. They blame everyone for their mischief.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Youngzedd(m): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
banio:

There are several gateways via which money can leave your account. But the bank should be able to help, so that You know the exact gateway via which U were defrauded. U can inform CBN and the police for further investigation

The only way for the bank to reveal customer info is with a report from security agency or court order. Anything outside this, nothing for you.

People can eat their cake and still want it back.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by nwaimoroseyaho: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
It happened to me last year. I was told that the theives flash the phone and remove all forms of password. Create their own fresh password with your phone. So with the already gotten Bvn from the same phone by dailing a code. Then the siphoning begins.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by BrokenCock: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2019
Greenbullet:
Good day people , I want to report a case of theft and bad security , my friends phone was stolen in a bus ,take note, this phone was passworded , so he felt SAFE ! , ONLY TO RECEIVE THE SHOCK OF HIS LIFE, his FIRST BANK ACCOUNT HAD BEEN DEBITED , IN LESS THAN 9 HOURS , how could this be , a bank that parades itself as one of the best , be so easily breached ! , That means , the only thing protecting any customers account is their phone and not the bank ! , I was annoyed when he told me this , a certain HARRISON ONYEKACHI IS THE SUSPECT , we went to the bank for help and they told us they can't do anything but block the account , is this fair ? They have refused to help us , FIRST BANK has refused to help us track down the suspect , please moderators , help this reach the front page , many other individuals should know the level of protection that FIRST BANK provides them , I attached a screenshot and a PDF of the fraud .

The bank shud b held responsible cos u saved ur cash there for safekeeping. They cant deny u now. U need to report to financial regulators
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by justtruth88miSt(f): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2019
femi4:
still not possible. You need pin to use 894

she saved her pin on her fone
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by femi4: 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2019
justtruth88miSt:

she saved her pin on her fone
That's laziness ...the brain is big enough to save anything there
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Tellemall: 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2019
FreelanceRebel:

The last time I contacted them response came in that day. If you make your letter formal and reasonable

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Contacts/

Which of the emails did you use, please?
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by ediko5(m): 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
FreelanceRebel:
Go to court and file affidavit
Get a police report
Print all your evidence and petition EFCC, forwarded a copy of you petition to CBN indicating it as a forward letter, via email (they will respond in less than 2 hours)
Forward same hardcopy (printed) to your bank branch and headquarter via email

At the bottom of your letter indicate CC: and state all the receipts full address for example.

CC:
EFCC recipient
CBN recipient
Bank HQ address
Etc

If you did not get your money with 10 working days, am in my house come and beat me.

This is reason why we should all have a charge and bail lawyer to handle small case like this.

Pls am not a lawyer o, my job is web design and am hungry now, pls epp me give me your website job, blog design, WordPress, Drupal etc

My dear, you are right but remember "This is Nigeria". The money that was stolen is about 20k, with the steps you gave for the young man to follow, trust me he will spend not less than 150k for that case to have a direction.

One just have to be careful in Nigeria because our judiciary and law enforcement agencies are our biggest problem in this country. Recently here in Port Harcourt, a Pastor friend told me how their church was invaded by buglers and carted away with musical instrument and a big generator, when he reported the matter to the police, he was asked to make a payment of 50k for the investigation (this is outside the regular 3 - 5k fuel money you will e giving them each time they come around).

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Greenbullet(m): 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
Please forward this to your relatives especially elderly ones with life savings in that bank , it is better they keep it under their bed than save it with first bank !
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by jeron1(m): 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
adeoluphilips:

This is not limited to the first bank...It happened to my wife as well...Her phone was stolen inside a commercial bus last year in the late evening on her way home from work. When she got home...I quickly took her ATM so as to go and transfer all the money to my own acxcount since the banks customer care didn't go. By the time i got there I they just deducted 1k from that acccount i was able to transfered the rest 83k BUT we forgot that her union bank would be affected as well...they successfully took 225k from the account in union bank. We approach the bank for report and what they can use to help us...till today they didn't do anything. We were asked to brink police report...we got it and submitted it in the bank and they promised to follow the case...they didn't do anything till today. Same at the police station...those one wants money before they do anything...we actually believed and gave them money to trace the issue but they didn't do anything...they were just playing us until we fed up. THIS IS NIGERIA for you...

Men, u followed the wrong steps.

I got mine back
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by ballyads(f): 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
Tell your friend to report this on their twitter handle. He will get positive response ASAP
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
Tellemall:

Which of the emails did you use, please?

Try this, it will be forwared to the right department thereafter.
info@cenbank.org

1 Like

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Femeto: 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
They have interviewed this thieves before they don't need the password on your phone.All they need is your SIM card.They have a software that helps them transfer the money.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Tellemall: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
FreelanceRebel:

Try this, it will be forwared to the right department thereafter.
info@cenbank.org

Thank you.

I hope it works this time.
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Conqueror89: 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
Greenbullet:
First bank has refused to help , they want this matter to die because they don't want to do anything about it , we went to their branch and they keep telling us there is nothing they can do !

My sister Had the same experience with Gtb. Her ATM card was stolen in another town while on her way home. 150k was withdrew and when we lodged a complain at gtb they showed us the face of the
Culript and told us there is nothing else they can do. We told them if they insist on not helping us out,they should print the picture so we can work on it they still refused
to do so. That's how the case was left hanging.
Most of these banks does not have joy. once your phone you register with or ATM is lost anything can happen. grin
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by timsucess(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
In 2017, 50,000 was withdrawn from my father's account with first bank without his ATM
First bank staff are fraudulent

I think a hashtag should go viral
#Firstbankisfraud
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by dominique(f): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2019
jeron1:

Men, u followed the wrong steps.

I got mine back

How did you go about it?
Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Greenbullet(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2019
This is his pictures , the person recognizes him , he stole the phone when he was pretending to have a cough , any useful information on his whereabout will be highly appreciated .

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by Greenbullet(m): 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2019
This is the theif and fraudster, he stole the phone and hacked the account , he was foolish enough to use his main account .

Re: My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! by tonididdy(m): 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2019
FreelanceRebel:
Go to court and file affidavit(To show you truly lost your phone)
Get a police report (To show you truly lost your phone)
Print all your evidence and petition EFCC, forwarded a copy of your petition to CBN indicating it as a forward letter, via email (they will respond in less than 2 hours)
Forward same hardcopy (printed) to your bank branch and headquarter via email.

=>Then filed Complain at your bank along with above letter

CC:
EFCC recipient
CBN recipient
Bank HQ address
Etc

If you did not get your money within 10 working days, am in my house come and beat me.

EDIT: This process is not to get Police or CBN to go after the thief, but for your bank take your case seriously about the money. Most of Nigerian Public Company hardly take your case serious due to bad PR manager, but when you bypass them to the top, then return to them to work

--footnote--
This is the reason why we should all have a charge and bail lawyer to handle a small case like this.

Which country all this your procedure for dey work?
Carry lawyer for 18500? You must be high besides EFCC won't attend to such poverty case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PrettyMaa: How I Was Raped At Age Of 8 / Cult Groups Clash In Lobia, Bayelsa, Five Dead, Including A Toddler (Graphic) / 10 Things Police Officers Don’t Want You To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.