Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,928 members, 7,956,479 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp (15058 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ROCKJ1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2010
I have been to the UK before and those people are not living freely like we are here in Nigeria, they are managing life. i dont see why people are seeking for greener pastures in a land of management called UK. North, South, East or West, home is still the best.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by joxiri: 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2010
as much as one can feel sorry for you poster
you do deny other genuine visitors the chance from obtaining visas
however ur post was very well written itmakes me even doubt if you re genuinely in the camp or u ve just composed it for debate
but if it is you then, you are clearly an intelligent person and i think you will do very well in nigeria
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ceasyc(f): 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2010
hm na wa 4 your story oh, but sum ppl have been there n done dat even if dem no wan admit am
anyhoo wetin come happen 2 all d moni wey u make from working illegally in d uk na?[/b]i hope u no use am do [b]show off in d uk by wearing/buying designer clothes, living in a flat or house instead of a room or sending loadz of moni 4 your ppl 2 spend in 9ja or save your moni in a uk bank or your uk hse, etc? u no save ya moni 4 9ja by sending your wages 2 your 9ja bank acct

if dem no catch u 4 work, i hope say u no confess 2 dem say u commit criminal offence by stating dat u dey use another person/fake papers take work? chei
overstayer na overstayer oh, dem no dey take am joke again oh. your an illegal so u shud have had a plan A, B & C, etc. u shud have known dat "everyday 4 d thief n 1 day 4 d owner". damn! u say make dem legalize you n other illegals stay in d uk -  unto say wetin na uk na real father/mother xmas.  grin funny dat.

how dem take catch u sef? dis is a lesson 4 all (illegals/overstayers).anywayz 9ja aint dat bad n tho uk is gr8 @times but uk  aint all dat either imo
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ada24: 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2010
ROCK-J:

I have been to the UK before and those people are not living freely like we are here in Nigeria, they are managing life. i dont see why people are seeking for greener pastures in a land of management called UK. North, South, East or West, home is still the best.

in all my years I have been alive on this earth I have only heard "my dear you have to manage" in one country and its not the UK.

abeg stick to topic there are enough UK bashing threads on NL for you to post this comment.

this topic and responses are just too funny
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by hackney(m): 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
If the poster's story is an exam script for an analysis test then davidylan would have scored over 95%.
The post tries to sway peoples views with personal plights but it takes a present mind to
cut out all that crap and see the situation for what it is: a fraudulent impostor of illegal immigrant status.
simple.

you have admitted that the U.k is a small island but you are of the opinion that all the illegals should be
given what? ?

Try australia and then come back and tell me about the human rights there.

1 Like

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by dstranger: 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2010
^well said. infact that exam scripts ought to be 100% cool
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by DisGuy: 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2010
oladayo042:

Heed to my words; SEE AN EYE DOCTOR. Ask anyone here if the link is there last night or not. I'm sure NL is not full of people suffering from myopia like you. Better still, check my other posts (if you can find a link to every story or not).

If you have brain (I think otherwise) you can ponder on this; Why on earth will a person claimed to be someone who is awaiting deportation from the UK (not the Nigerian girl who recently had 15 A's in her GCSE exam)?

duhh there must be a reason everyone initially directed their abused at you the OP!" think about it nobody made reference to the link or original author but yourself! Not saying you're claiming to be someone else

i mean there must be a reason you had to come out to say this.  .   .

@all
This is just a story I came across on Sahara Reporters, so referring to OP as the guy in question somehow amuses me when reading through the posts. The name of the person who sent this story to saharareporters is Oyinlade Itunu. From now henceforth, note that OP is not Oyinlade Itunu.

you cant pull funny stunt here, you omitted the link before that's all i'm saying!
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ladej(m): 11:28pm On Aug 30, 2010
Jimmy Boy:

while I share the optimism that you current predicament will soon be be a thing of the past, I am disturbed by your mindset about the country. You have defeated yourself before clenching your fist. However, I wont give up on you.

The same country you dont want to live in is the same place the indians are coming down to roost in droves. They currently hold sway in retails stores:Park & Shop, Mega Plaza. They deal in commodities and minereal resources e.g Olam. Their softwares dominate our banking industry i.e Flexcube e.t.c. If one of them arrives today, he will bring his nephew in 3 months time. They are certainly seeing something you are not seeing.

Please forget about the "wealth" you want to bring, what you should bring is knowledge,competence,determination, integrity and drive. I will recommend a book called "The Alchemist" for you.

POST OF THE DAY cool
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by DobraDobra: 12:04am On Aug 31, 2010
i find it very difficult to believe that it is the same person in custody that wrote this write up coss i saw it in sahara reporters and am seeing it here again i equally refuse to believe u have enough time on the internet in prison to write all the above, that is even if u have access to any internet. while i sympathise with any body in police custody or prison this write up willl change nothing in the policy against illegality
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ivynwa(f): 2:50am On Aug 31, 2010
Most of you that are bashing this guy are doing so because you are more fortunate than he is in the search for better life like every other person in the world. He has committed these offences in actual fact but it is still all in a bid for a better life, it does not give a good feeling to be in a foreign land and having immigration problems so I am sure the poster is weighed down as he was writing and pouring out his unhappiness. There are times to rebuke, correct and lend a brother a shoulder and what should be done here is correct and comfort not insult, bash and rebuke please.
I also agree that it's high time we all put away the idea that the grass is greener on these other lands we migrate to, one can achieve a lot in our good old Nigeria with hardwork and I just see our country as being in a certain kind of hidden boom right now which those with foresights are benefitting from. I noticed that Nigeria is in between the movement from developing to developed stage, standard of living is improving for most, most people have cash to spend which is boosting trading, businesses & banks are getting bigger and some people are out there quietly benefitting from all these. A cousin of mine never left Nigeria but worked so hard at his business that he has many houses and a booming plaza in one of the choice business area. The only time he had to travel out of Nigeria was merely for a short holiday/sightseeing with wifey. So yes I agree like the Americans once told themselves in the olden days (when there were drifts across the states) that we should begin to cast our buckets where we are. All in all brother man in detention camps, I send you lots of hugs okay Baby. Do not despair much, if they will eventually deport you then see how you can speed things up and save your time so that you can get home and start something great for yourself okay Baby. Take care of you-u-u-u
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 5:02am On Aug 31, 2010
Ivynwa:

Most of you that are bashing this guy are doing so because you are more fortunate than he is in the search for better life like every other person in the world. He has committed these offences in actual fact but it is still all in a bid for a better life, it does not give a good feeling to be in a foreign land and having immigration problems so I am sure the poster is weighed down as he was writing and pouring out his unhappiness. There are times to rebuke, correct and lend a brother a shoulder and what should be done here is correct and comfort not insult, bash and rebuke please.
I also agree that it's high time we all put away the idea that the grass is greener on these other lands we migrate to, one can achieve a lot in our good old Nigeria with hardwork and I just see our country as being in a certain kind of hidden boom right now which those with foresights are benefitting from. I noticed that Nigeria is in between the movement from developing to developed stage, standard of living is improving for most, most people have cash to spend which is boosting trading, businesses & banks are getting bigger and some people are out there quietly benefitting from all these. A cousin of mine never left Nigeria but worked so hard at his business that he has many houses and a booming plaza in one of the choice business area. The only time he had to travel out of Nigeria was merely for a short holiday/sightseeing with wifey. So yes I agree like the Americans once told themselves in the olden days (when there were drifts across the states) that we should begin to cast our buckets where we are. All in all brother man in detention camps, I send you lots of hugs okay Baby. Do not despair much, if they will eventually deport you then see how you can speed things up and save your time so that you can get home and start something great for yourself okay Baby. Take care of you-u-u-u
ya cuzzin was bunkering oyel. no way he was working and has several houses and a plaza. either he is bunkering oyel or he is 419 grin

1 Like

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 5:06am On Aug 31, 2010
all these people saying poster should have saved his money in 5 years, what money ? have you guys ever even been to the uk before ? what is their to save ? the guy was illegal so i am assuming he was working for like 6 pounds an hour (keep in mind even lots of citizens earn this amount in retail ). ok so 40 hours a week is 240 a week. tax takes out one quarter, he is left with 180. he has to pay for his room in london. this is like 90 pounds a week. he has to buy bus pass, pay his bills, buy food, buy clothes and toiletries. what savings are you guys talking about ? i know people who have been in london for 20 years and their bank account is empty. very hard to save in london unless you are earning 50 pounds an hour
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 5:08am On Aug 31, 2010
ada24:

abeg u people need to stop - i will go into early labour cos i'm laughing so much - ABEG O!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
sofry sofry my sister grin grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by OmoAlata(f): 6:20am On Aug 31, 2010
buzugee:

i know people who have been in london for 20 years and their bank account is empty. very hard to save in london unless you are earning 50 pounds an hour

Not necessarily. I only work part-time ie. 3 days a week, I have 5 kids, not on benefits as my husband works full-time so we don't qualify (I've checked) but by the grace of God, we can still save monthly grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by oladayo042: 7:21am On Aug 31, 2010
Dis Guy:

duhh there must be a reason everyone initially directed their abused at you the OP!" think about it nobody made reference to the link or original author but yourself! Not saying you're claiming to be someone else

i mean there must be a reason you had to come out to say this.  .   .

you cant pull funny stunt here, you omitted the link before that's all i'm saying!
I just learnt that you are the MOD of this section and my question to you is very simple (though I doubt your honesty in answering it). What time was this post modified (if it was ever modified at all)? But I know that the super MOD (who exercise the power you dream of) can shed a light on this even if you are economical with the truth.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by segzicres(m): 9:28am On Aug 31, 2010
in as much as their wrong doing, i believe that you too have your own fault and that's why they can do whatever dey like with you, think about it, if you were lied against there is no way anyone's gonna believe you cause you were not honest in the first place and you lied for about 5 years!!! now guy just forget it and move on.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2010
Why is the dunce lamenting? You committed the crime and u dnt want to pay the cost? Take it like a man and come home. Your mates are going to UK on hols from Nigeria. U have overstayed by 5yrs and u couldn't get one oversized old hag to marry for papers? Please we don't need dummies in Naija, tell dem to deport u to Sierra Leone or Liberia instead.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Redman44(m): 10:24am On Aug 31, 2010
@Buzugee,

Many people in the UK who are citizens and legal residents do not even earn £6 an hour. Many of them are paid the minimum wage of £5.88 or something. Most of the Retail shops pay £5.88 for beginners and increase it as time goes on. Don't assume that illegals are the ones that get paid £6 or below an hour. Many peeps working in the Hospitality Sector get paid £6+ an hour.  The UK is strange in the sense that wages differ from region to region and from company to company. You can't state what people earn per week because some workers do double shifts 3 times a week and also do overtime. I know some people that earn £340 a week after doing overtime though they are paid £6 an hour. I have heard of cleaners being paid £10 an hour by some councils.  Dirty jobs in Britain pay more if you care to know.

As for people not being able to save, it depends on their lifestyle. You can save in Britain if you shop wisely and look for bargains. You can decide to buy things from ebay and not from the stores. You can decide to buy a fairly used wide screen colour TV from Gumtree instead of buying an expensive HD TV.  My friend's TV cost him £50 and he bought it from Gumtree.com.  Generalization is not good. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by jaybee3(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2010
eeeya sorry oh. I'm sure naija is not that bad and it's sure ain't gonna be d end of the world
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 31, 2010
while I share the optimism that you current predicament will soon be be a thing of the past, I am disturbed by your mindset
about the country. You have
defeated yourself before
clenching your fist. However, I wont give up on you. The same country you dont want to live in is the same place the indians are coming down to roost in droves. They currently
hold sway in retails stores:Park &
Shop, Mega Plaza. They deal in commodities and minereal resources e.g Olam. Their softwares dominate our banking industry i.e Flexcube e.t.c. If one
of them arrives today, he will bring his nephew in 3 months time. They are certainly seeing
something you are not seeing.
Please forget about the "wealth" you want to bring, what you should bring is
knowledge,competence,determination, integrity and drive. I will recommend a book called "The Alchemist" for you.
POST OF THE DAY

Absolutely Agree !!!

The same Nigeria, people bash left, right and center is where genuine and hard-working people are doing well.
You even see people from extremely poor homes, who struggle to make it through school, some of them doing menial jobs, yet they graduate nonetheless with good results and get good jobs later on. Not saying this is always the case. But the fact remains that there are still opportunities to make it in Nigeria.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ladej(m): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2010
Redman44:

@Buzugee,

Many people in the UK who are citizens and legal residents do not even earn £6 an hour. Many of them are paid the minimum wage of £5.88 or something. Most of the Retail shops pay £5.88 for beginners and increase it as time goes on. Don't assume that illegals are the ones that get paid £6 or below an hour. Many peeps working in the Hospitality Sector get paid £6+ an hour. The UK is strange in the sense that wages differ from region to region and from company to company. You can't state what people earn per week because some workers do double shifts 3 times a week and also do overtime. I know some people that earn £340 a week after doing overtime though they are paid £6 an hour. I have heard of cleaners being paid £10 an hour by some councils. Dirty jobs in Britain pay more if you care to know.

As for people not being able to save, it depends on their lifestyle. You can save in Britain if you shop wisely and look for bargains. You can decide to buy things from ebay and not from the stores. You can decide to buy a fairly used wide screen colour TV from Gumtree instead of buying an expensive HD TV. My friend's TV cost him £50 and he bought it from Gumtree.com. Generalization is not good. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
while i agree with you it has to be noted that for MOST people it is difficult to save in the UK due to the aforementioned costs like council tax, rent/mortgage/tv licence, bills, food etc. cutting here and there might lessen the burden but overall its difficult. the main reason why this is so is the system. the system is not designed for you to save. its designed for you to have an income, then use CREDIT to 'manage' the rest. in the absence of both good credit and income better pray that you have papers[for benefit] cos no one will give u shit here. na everyman/woman for themselves. even blood relations will shock u, true story.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ladej(m): 11:54am On Aug 31, 2010
Ivynwa:

feeling your yarns, well spoken. you have come across as sympathetic, empathetic, concerned, warm, advisory, and motivational, all in the same post! the deed has been done, what should be the primary instinct is to advise on what happens next, cos its not in his hands anymore. you have given him hope i believe, and what a man/woman needs when down is hope, not further admonishment. kudos to u and again, bravo. cool
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Redman44(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2010
@Ladej,

I know it is difficult to save in Britain. However, there is no where on earth where it is easy to save. In Nigeria, a lot of things take your money away even if you're not paying council tax, TV Licence, Bills and the rest of the taxes. The money that UK Nigerians send home is another reason why they don't have savings. Some People in Nigeria fail to understand what peeps are going through here and they think money is made easily in the UK. I believe in being principled and spending wisely. The kinds of jobs you do also determine the amount of money you'll spend for your upkeep. It is all about thinking how to cut costs and save money. There is a lot of information lying around on how to cut costs and survive in the UK. It is just that people are not searching enough to find the needed information. I know a friend that got a solid flatscreen Samsung computer for £95 through an advert he saw in a local newspaper. This is a computer that others get for around £230-£350 in the mainstream market. Information is key to surviving in the UK. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ceasyc(f): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2010
buzugee:

all these people saying poster should have saved his money in 5 years, what money ? have you guys ever even been to the uk before ? what is their to save ? the guy was illegal so i am assuming he was working for like 6 pounds an hour (keep in mind even lots of citizens earn this amount in retail ). ok so 40 hours a week is 240 a week. tax takes out one quarter, he is left with 180. he has to pay for his room in london. this is like 90 pounds a week. he has to buy bus pass, pay his bills, buy food, buy clothes and toiletries. what savings are you guys talking about ? i know people who have been in london for 20 years and their bank account is empty. very hard to save in london unless you are earning 50 pounds an hour

oh pleaseeeeeeeee. cut it out. 4 sum i no it can b hard to save depending on your wages and how u spend or how u live ya life in d uk. y d hell wud any1 who is paid 6 quid an hr or an illegal go 4 a 90 quid a week room = nonsensical! some illegals using genuine papers get over 9 quid an hr depending on d field (especially security, night jobs, health/social care sector, e.g mental health).

i once rented a clean 3 bed flat in SE but coming up with almost 1,700 quid (1 mth rent n 6 weeks deposit) was not easy but in d long run i got almost all d 1.700 quid back in my pocket grin. i occupied d living room n rented d 3 rooms out - i subletted d single room for 200 quid a month, d other 2 rooms were higher tho. i ended up paying no rent every month 4 almost 2 years b4 i moved house and d flat was less than 700 quid a month excluding bills. we all took turn in charging d gas n electricity card n key so i dont get cheated! my mom n siblings enjoyed d place wen dey came 2 visit cos i was in charge of d whole flat.

there r single rooms from 50 quid or less a week. my friend pays 200 quid a mth 4 single room off plumstead high str (she is d only 1 in d room). some double rooms starts from 60 quid a week depending on d area.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ceasyc(f): 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2010
contd
another friend of mine (white polish guy) rented 1 room with 3 other guys n they were all paying 50 quid each a wk cos he said he was skint = 150 quid for 1 room near west end shocked shocked. then one day b4 he returned from work, he got cleaned out (robbed) by one of his room m8. and d silly i.d.i.o.t polish guy works in construction 4 over 2 yrs b4 dis happened (construction pays wella). he luvs booze like mad. if u rent room 4 west end/near west end na your toro b dat = expensive. duh

every1 gats 2 pay tax if u dey use n.i take work. dats y uk is booming n has free health care 4 all citizens (even 4 illegals if u no your way). if n.i no genuine, tax collector go collect 40% or so of your wages n deylook on. if u dey use person paper take work n d person wey get am dey work too n naim 1st u use am take work = his tax wud b normal (15-20% or so) but u wey dey use d n.i too na 40% tax or so unless u r very luck. if your d only 1 using d genuine n.i then u can save wella.

wetin person wan chop wey too dear 4 uk? wen sum shops dey sell 5/6 whole chicken or fowl for 5 or 6 quid = person fit chop dat 1 finish 4 one week? 5/6 plantain for 1 quid. abegee. haba. cut your coat according to your material abi na size  grin u dont need to earn 50 quid an hr or do fraud, etc b4 u can save. ppl can still save monthly even if na 300 quid every month dem fit save dats not bad @all
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by newdeal(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2010
@OP

I fail to grasp the point you are trying to make, by your own admission, you overstayed, which is a breach of UK Immigration Statute [even if it is for 1 day] and you you were rightly hounded. When I saw the title, I thought you were going to give readers some eye-opening shoddy details of goings on there, or how you were ill-treated because of who you are, but all we see is some logic that is neither here nor there, but given the situation you are in, one can understand the anger and the outburst.

Altogether, its unfortunate what befell you because there are thousands [yes thousands] who are using false identity to work here and nothing has happened to them. I even know of a fellow who was caught for similar offence, detained and later left off the hook recently without any charge.

Whatever the outcome of the case, pls cheer up, leaving UK is not the end of the world, you sound too brilliant to be limited by any environment, naija or elsewhere!
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ivynwa(f): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2010
@Ladej
Thanks my brother for your compliment.

@buzugee
Sweetheart, if you can picture me right now with the index fingers of my hands in my two ears and the other fingers waving at you and my tongue sticking out of my mouth with an expression of "Ntoo-o-o"(u can ask an Igbo person to interprete that for you) then you can understand what I am saying to you. Don't you read properly sweetie? I said that my cousin worked hard at his business (I am not here to sing the praise of my cousin but to encourage the poster and let him know that people are succeeding at things in Nigeria with a dint of hardwork). My cousin is no 419, he is only but a mere tenacious trader. Didn't somebody say here in NL that some in the Uk get jealous to see Nigerians succeeding at home-----Smile. I  didn't take the person on but the way you attacked me here, e be like say that gave you heart attack my brother. Never mind, do not be shaken by the success of others because you will soon be counting your own plazas when God's time for your blessing reaches.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2010
Omo Alata:

Not necessarily. I only work part-time ie. 3 days a week, I have 5 kids, not on benefits as my husband works full-time so we don't qualify (I've checked) but by the grace of God, we can still save monthly grin
yes but saving 5 pounds a week is hardly what i call saving grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2010
Redman44:

@Buzugee,

Many people in the UK who are citizens and legal residents do not even earn £6 an hour. Many of them are paid the minimum wage of £5.88 or something. Most of the Retail shops pay £5.88 for beginners and increase it as time goes on. Don't assume that illegals are the ones that get paid £6 or below an hour. Many peeps working in the Hospitality Sector get paid £6+ an hour.  The UK is strange in the sense that wages differ from region to region and from company to company. You can't state what people earn per week because some workers do double shifts 3 times a week and also do overtime. I know some people that earn £340 a week after doing overtime though they are paid £6 an hour. I have heard of cleaners being paid £10 an hour by some councils.  Dirty jobs in Britain pay more if you care to know.

As for people not being able to save, it depends on their lifestyle. You can save in Britain if you shop wisely and look for bargains. You can decide to buy things from ebay and not from the stores. You can decide to buy a fairly used wide screen colour TV from Gumtree instead of buying an expensive HD TV.  My friend's TV cost him £50 and he bought it from Gumtree.com.  Generalization is not good. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
yes but look at all the corners you have to cut in order to save ? that is inconvenient living. who has the time to be looking for tv at gumtree when you can just walk into dixons and come out with tv ? ya dig ? thats my point exactly. you cannot save unless you become ebenezer scrooge. that is buy a bag of potato for 3 pounds and 2 crates of egg for 2 pounds and eat only that all week. me i no wan get kwashiokor for london abeg. i need my fruits and vege grin

1 Like

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2010
ladej:

while i agree with you it has to be noted that for MOST people it is difficult to save in the UK due to the aforementioned costs like council tax, rent/mortgage/tv licence, bills, food etc. cutting here and there might lessen the burden but overall its difficult. the main reason why this is so is the system. the system is not designed for you to save. its designed for you to have an income, then use CREDIT to 'manage' the rest. in the absence of both good credit and income better pray that you have papers[for benefit] cos no one will give u poo here. na everyman/woman for themselves. even blood relations will shock u, true story.
right right
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2010
ceasyc:

oh pleaseeeeeeeee. cut it out. 4 sum i no it can b hard to save depending on your wages and how u spend or how u live ya life in d uk. y d hell wud any1 who is paid 6 quid an hr or an illegal go 4 a 90 quid a week room = nonsensical! some illegals using genuine papers get over 9 quid an hr depending on d field (especially security, night jobs, health/social care sector, e.g mental health).

i once rented a clean 3 bed flat in SE but coming up with almost 1,700 quid (1 mth rent n 6 weeks deposit) was not easy but in d long run i got almost all d 1.700 quid back in my pocket grin. i occupied d living room n rented d 3 rooms out - i subletted d single room for 200 quid a month, d other 2 rooms were higher tho. i ended up paying no rent every month 4 almost 2 years b4 i moved house and d flat was less than 700 quid a month excluding bills. we all took turn in charging d gas n electricity card n key so i dont get cheated! my mom n siblings enjoyed d place wen dey came 2 visit cos i was in charge of d whole flat.

there r single rooms from 50 quid or less a week. my friend pays 200 quid a mth 4 single room off plumstead high str (she is d only 1 in d room). some double rooms starts from 60 quid a week depending on d area.

ceasyc:

contd
another friend of mine (white polish guy) rented 1 room with 3 other guys n they were all paying 50 quid each a wk cos he said he was skint = 150 quid for 1 room near west end shocked shocked. then one day b4 he returned from work, he got cleaned out (robbed) by one of his room m8. and d silly i.d.i.o.t polish guy works in construction 4 over 2 yrs b4 dis happened (construction pays wella). he luvs booze like mad. if u rent room 4 west end/near west end na your toro b dat = expensive. duh

every1 gats 2 pay tax if u dey use n.i take work. dats y uk is booming n has free health care 4 all citizens (even 4 illegals if u no your way). if n.i no genuine, tax collector go collect 40% or so of your wages n deylook on. if u dey use person paper take work n d person wey get am dey work too n naim 1st u use am take work = his tax wud b normal (15-20% or so) but u wey dey use d n.i too na 40% tax or so unless u r very luck. if your d only 1 using d genuine n.i then u can save wella.

wetin person wan chop wey too dear 4 uk? wen sum shops dey sell 5/6 whole chicken or fowl for 5 or 6 quid = person fit chop dat 1 finish 4 one week? 5/6 plantain for 1 quid. abegee. haba. cut your coat according to your material abi na size  grin u dont need to earn 50 quid an hr or do fraud, etc b4 u can save. ppl can still save monthly even if na 300 quid every month dem fit save dats not bad @all
yes but i feel exhausted just reading what you have to go through just to save. haba me i no get time to dey chase 4 roomates for their rent. if one of them loses their job or cannot pay the rent, you all will be kicked out. thats my point exactly. me personally, i do not like headache. the extreme nigerians go to save in london, i can never do it. thats why you see most nigerians in london looking ashy. cuz all they eat is potato and ketchup 3 times a day just to save grin tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2010
grin ivynwa. ok if you are going to delete then i will not insert the quote in my comment. but ermmm ok lets do the math. lets say ya cuzzin is one high powered bank exec that gets 1 million naira a month. in a year he has 12 million. lets assume he has had this high powered job for 10 years. this is 120 million. how the hell do you buy several houses and own a plaza downtown lagos for 120 million naira that ya cuzzin is an oyel bunker  grin stop lying there hunny  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FAAN Mulls Opening New Lagos, Kano, Enugu Airport Terminals On January 20 / Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue / Which Is The Most Beautiful State In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.