Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp (14857 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by juzme: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2010
formebyme:

I wonder how long and why exactly they are detaining them?if they want to deport them,they should,God knows the condition of the detention camp and what they have to face,
Hard knock life!

This is the part I hate about EU policies on deportation order process and Asylum process. And this is why many legal immigrant continue to be prejudiced because most countries in Europe now believe we are all the same.
This guy has committed a which is obvious and which he personally confessed, then why will it take a long time to process his deportation order. The same goes with failed asylum seekers. It takes along time to finish their process and thereyby getting a bad name for the "good guys."
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Mudley313: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2010
juzme:

This is the part I hate about EU policies on deportation order process and Asylum process. And this is why many legal immigrant continue to be prejudiced because most countries in Europe now believe we are all the same.
This guy has committed a which is obvious and which he personally confessed, then why will it take a long time to process his deportation order. The same goes with failed asylum seekers. It takes along time to finish their process and thereyby getting a bad name for the "good guys."

you do understand the government has people employed and being paid for carrying out these immigration duties and most time becauses of the huge influx of illegal immigrants and assylum seeking cases there's not enough people to handle such cases and waiting times are prolonged. . .OP should try a chinese deportation detention camp before he starts screaming human rights. . .human right ko, human rights ni. . .have you ever spent a night in a nigerian jail cell before? moral of this story is "get your azz back home and quit whinning". . .this dude even committed a grievious criminal offence of identity theft and somehow was trying to justify it. . .people in naija are there lamenting about the harshness of british consulates; OP is a typical example of why exactly they're that way
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by oladayo042: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2010
@all
This is just a story I came across on Sahara Reporters, so referring to OP as the guy in question somehow amuses me when reading through the posts. The name of the person who sent this story to saharareporters is Oyinlade Itunu. From now henceforth, note that OP is not Oyinlade Itunu.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2010
did not bother to read the whole thing lol. too long. i have short attention span today. but yeah i can appreciate your situation @ poster. it is a terrible situation to be in. but i am afraid you have no re-course. you just have to chin-up and take it like a man. if i was you, i would tell them to deport me immediately and that you do not want to go through this sham of a judicial system because it is just that, a sham. all the judicial people are there to make a living on the backs of deportees like yourself. so they try to drag it out as much as possible. the society runs on people running afoul of the laws or else lawyers, policemen, judges, prison wardens etc will not eat.
the point i am tryna make is that, this mock judicial system you will be going through is just a sham to waste your time because you will still be deported in the end. me myself ? i would opt to be deported immediately. that is unless you enjoy the meals they feed you at the detention center and wouldnt mind the free meals of bangers and mash
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Redman44(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2010
Well, I don't know what to say. I really feel for this guy who is being held in a UK Detention Camp. Yeah, he has done a bad thing by overstaying and using a false identity. Many people on this thread have condemned him already calling him a crook and all that. However, how many of us can boast of not doing a dodgy thing one way or the other in our lives? Let him without sin cast the first stone. It is so easy to castigate others on forums like this while at the same time we are not clean in other ways in our lives. Many Africans in the western nations have visa issues and some were actually illegals before becoming citizens. Some of you condemning the guy know what you did to obtain your legal status or British Passport. I don't want to say so much lest I be accused of supporting the guy. What the guy should do is to accept his fate, go back to Nigeria, and make something out of his life. He can be successful in Nigeria if he can put what he has learnt and observed in the UK into practice smiley smiley Some things have to happen for some guys to be able to do what they are meant to do. Some people are destined to make it in Nigeria. God will cause things to happen so that they can return to Nigeria to achieve God's plans for them. Others are destined to live and succeed in Europe and North America irrespective of their status. That is why some serious immigration offenders are never caught until they regularize their status. Life is a mystery and things happen for a reason.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2010
Redman44:

Well, I don't know what to say. I really feel for this guy who is being held in a UK Detention Camp. Yeah, he has done a bad thing by overstaying and using a false identity. Many people on this thread have condemned him already calling him a crook and all that. However, how many of us can boast of not doing a dodgy thing one way or the other in our lives? Let him without sin cast the first stone. It is so easy to castigate others on forums like this while at the same time we are not clean in other ways in our lives. Many Africans in the western nations have visa issues and some were actually illegals before becoming citizens. Some of you condemning the guy know what you did to obtain your legal status or British Passport. I don't want to say so much lest I be accused of supporting the guy. What the guy should do is to accept his fate, go back to Nigeria, and make something out of his life. He can be successful in Nigeria if he can put what he has learnt and observed in the UK into practice smiley smiley Some things have to happen for some guys to be able to do what they are meant to do. Some people are destined to make it in Nigeria. God will cause things to happen so that they can return to Nigeria to achieve God's plans for them. Others are destined to live and succeed in Europe and North America irrespective of their status. That is why some serious immigration offenders are never caught until they regularize their status. Life is a mystery and things happen for a reason.

www.vibes-extra..com
you have said it all.
hypocrites, the lot of them grin everyone who has contributed in this thread has at one point in time used ori-olori, married a crazy 400lb akata woman for paper, crawled through libyan desert to get into europe etc etc. hypocrites the lot of them grin

1 Like

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by nomoreface: 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2010

I fall into the former, I would, of course, love to regularize my stay, I am still a young man, under 34, why would I live the rest of my stay here in everyday at the behest of the authorities. I want to be a part of this society, I want to contribute my quota and pay taxes, I trained as a Theologian in a British school and I would love to use my knowledge to set up a charity that will do this society good. But then I have to survive; I cannot go back to Nigeria now because firstly, there is no money to do so and secondly the country at the moment is not organized. Pockets of ethnic violence here and there, lack of adequate security, the educational system in shambles and so on are part of the reasons I can't go back. I have not mentioned the fact that going back without some form of “wealth” is also a danger to me. If I belong to the rich class, then I can wriggle and bribe my way through the system, stepping on the head of others to get whatever I want.  But that would make me look as bad as those who exploit the poor, making them flee to such nations as the UK for refuge. However, I do not have that kind of wealth and influence, so going back is not a wise thing to do, at least not now.

My friend u are very un-intelligent.

just listen to yourself: "U cannot come back to your country because of pockects of ethinc violence and inadequate security" and u are very willing to "contribute your quota" in another's country.

The owners of the country apparently does not need your contribution and by God's Grace they will soon deposit u at MMA.

And before they deport u, please dcon't forget to take "some form of WEALTH" from them so that your life will not be in danger and u can step on the heads to your country men and bribe your way to heaven!

danburouba sege!!!
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by nomoreface: 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2010
Walahi this guy is very annoying!!

Are u sure they have not hit u in the head or tossed u (head first) downstairs in that detention camp?
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Tolulop001(f): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2010
buzugee:

you have said it all.
hypocrites, the lot of them  grin everyone who has contributed in this thread has at one point in time used ori-olori, married a crazy 400lb akata woman for paper, crawled through libyan desert to get into europe etc etc. hypocrites the lot of them  grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2010
Its been a while since i heards load of crap like this.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by gReenmAn(m): 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2010
Give the guy a break please.

Yeah, he's done some bad things, but truth is, most guys (including most that have posted so far) who are still stuck in Naija and are itching to travel abroad will do far worse things just to travel, and even far worse criminality to actually LIVE & WORK in EU or US if given half a chance.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by bawomolo(m): 4:18pm On Aug 30, 2010
buzugee:

you have said it all.
hypocrites, the lot of them grin everyone who has contributed in this thread has at one point in time used ori-olori, married a crazy 400lb akata woman for paper, crawled through libyan desert to get into europe etc etc. hypocrites the lot of them grin

speak for yourself sir.

oko shaniqua
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by IBEXY(m): 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2010
What a confession to make:
You worked under fake ID. You overstayed. You broke the times 2 and you are talking of human rights. Its a sad situation and I would'nt wish it on anyone. You will be lucky if they dont first jail you before deportation. I know they do that to some people. Be happy and take the one wey you don make waka. 5 years is a lot of quids or did you squander all of it?
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Iranoladun(f): 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2010
@Mr. Itunu - the Illegal Immigrant

You are trying to justify your crime after you were caught! 5 years over-staying of visa is not moin moin!  You were enjoying tax payers paid benefit for five good years as an Illegal immigrant  shocked

All the 'epistle to the romans' you wrote cannot save you from Iya Charlie cheesy ti e ti ba e cheesy  In fact if the Judge or Prosecuting lawyer read your 'epistle' they should be able to get more material to increase your jail term.

You are not even ashamed to disclose that you studied Theology in a British School

Nigerians like you are the types that make UK and US embassies in Nigeria to treat an average visa applicant like a piece of trash angry
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by hayo(m): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2010
I am sure the guy is one of those who give testimonies in their Church when they were granted VISITOR's visa to the UK.
The guy just ranted throughout contradicting himself. Check it out well, there are many Nigerians in Nigeria who don't have the kind of money our guy here used to procure his visa and are doing small businesses.
He talked about his first multiple entry visa. The rule always spells out a condition of the number of months u are allowed to stay for a particular visit. So if u stay 2 years through, there is definitely something going on there. I understand truly how bad Nigeria is. But u cannot blame a country for protecting its borders. That would be highly insensitive and hypocritical.
Imagine your small 2 bedroom flat and how u protect it with your life. Even when your guys are bunking with u too often, there is a way u just grow cold and if they don't get the subtle message u start locking them out of your flat. Wake up guy.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ranoscky(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2010
Make una take am easy with d guy in question, some of u guys abroad wia once an ilegal immigrants!

(maybe up til now who know's?)
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by justwise(m): 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2010
texazzpete:

And na probably 8Mbps broadband sef!!

Abeg, make d poster help me download some movies before dem deport am. If dem no gree you stay, at least finish their bandwidth grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. . . i can't stop laughing
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2010
melidee:

people like you dont half take my country for granted Human rights i bet you never knew existed till you came to UK. Go and shout that in Nigeria

And who give a monkey abt u? Are you not the same dodgy visa agent in these links:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-505700.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=504927.msg6665932#msg6665932.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Abuna: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2010
I know you all have you different opinions and you're all entitled to them so fair play. However, I don't remember the British getting visas to come and colonise us. They made their beds so they must lie in them! What is 'common' in the Commonwealth of Nations? Why are black Africans treated that way and other EU Members (East Europeans) are given everything?

We (former colonies) should be closer to the Motherland (Britain) but because we haven't taken care of our countries that's why they treat us this way. Believe me, if our country becomes like Dubai tomorrow, the West will make going to their countries visa free.

That is the way they are. They always want something in return.

I have come to realise that society would expect you to be generous with the truth at all times but they can't handle it! Why don't you go to the Western Embassies and honestly tell them that you want to just come and better your life in their countries?

Poster, take care and console yourself with the poem below. It has worked for many great men including Nelson Mandela.
Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2010
bawomolo:

speak for yourself sir.

oko shaniqua
chei see as bawomolo finish my life grin grin grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ada24: 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2010
abeg u people need to stop - i will go into early labour cos i'm laughing so much - ABEG O!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by DisGuy: 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2010
oladayo042:

@all
This is just a story I came across on Sahara Reporters, so referring to OP as the guy in question somehow amuses me when reading through the posts. The name of the person who sent this story to saharareporters is Oyinlade Itunu. From now henceforth, note that OP is not Oyinlade Itunu.

Them no teach you how to reference before?

well

the Guy is a Young man under 34

Studies Theology from a British college

Seeking greener pasture

The business is booming in Nigeria at the moment Go open a Church and run travel advisory service on the side wink

1 Like

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by tarano: 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2010
Dude write a book men, It's ur experience, it's also therapeutic, I can organize an editor and publisher for you,
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by AjanleKoko: 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2010
Abuna:

Poster, take care and console yourself with the poem below. It has worked for many great men including Nelson Mandela.
Invictus

William Ernest Henley

Don't forget Timothy McVeigh grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by DisGuy: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2010
juzme:

Erm thats called human right

I think people are either given the option of appealing or voluntary deportation, another thing is you can not deport someone to a country if he claims he is not from that country or just because he is with a nigerian passport you cant just deport him to nigeria if he says otherwise
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by oladayo042: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

Them no teach you how to reference before?

Is your eyes so concealed that you cant see the reference in the first post? See an eye doctor before your next post. grin grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by AngieFan(f): 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2010
Abuna:

I know you all have you different opinions and you're all entitled to them so fair play. [b]However, I don't remember the British getting visas to come and colonise us. [/b]They made their beds so they must lie in them! What is 'common' in the Commonwealth of Nations? Why are black Africans treated that way and other EU Members (East Europeans) are given everything?

We (former colonies) should be closer to the Motherland (Britain) but because we haven't taken care of our countries that's why they treat us this way. Believe me, if our country becomes like Dubai tomorrow, the West will make going to their countries visa free.

That is the way they are. They always want something in return.

I have come to realise that society would expect you to be generous with the truth at all times but they can't handle it! Why don't you go to the Western Embassies and honestly tell them that you want to just come and better your life in their countries?

Invictus

William Ernest Henley

Stop living in the past.

Fact. Back then there were no visas.

Fact: today in 2010 people must obtain visas to visit certain countries and comply with the conditions of the visa.

Dubai is currently visa free to British citizens as far as I know and vice versa so what is your point?

I won't judge the poster but he willingly broke the law and so must face the consequences. Moaning on NL about his predicament  will not change that fact.

The British signed the EU treaty and so they are essentially powerless to stop EU immigration. Besides plenty of Brits emigrate to other Euro countries and so it is an even playing field.  I don't understand why people ignore this fact as use it as a weak argument to back up their argument.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by DisGuy: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2010
oladayo042:

Is your eyes so concealed that you cant see the reference in the first post? See an eye doctor before your next post. grin grin

why you dey lie, you didn't post a reference last night! you only posted it after getting cursed out for being a crook!!
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by JimmyBoy1: 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2010
while I share the optimism that you current predicament will soon be be a thing of the past, I am disturbed by your mindset about the country. You have defeated yourself before clenching your fist. However, I wont give up on you.

The same country you dont want to live in is the same place the indians are coming down to roost in droves. They currently hold sway in retails stores:Park & Shop, Mega Plaza. They deal in commodities and minereal resources e.g Olam. Their softwares dominate our banking industry i.e Flexcube e.t.c. If one of them arrives today, he will bring his nephew in 3 months time. They are certainly seeing something you are not seeing.

Please forget about the "wealth" you want to bring, what you should bring is knowledge,competence,determination, integrity and drive. I will recommend a book called "The Alchemist" for you.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by oladayo042: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

why you dey lie, you didn't post a reference last night! you only posted it after getting cursed out for being a crook!!

Heed to my words; SEE AN EYE DOCTOR. Ask anyone here if the link is there last night or not. I'm sure NL is not full of people suffering from myopia like you. Better still, check my other posts (if you can find a link to every story or not).

If you have brain (I think otherwise) you can ponder on this; Why on earth will a person claimed to be someone who is awaiting deportation from the UK (not the Nigerian girl who recently had 15 A's in her GCSE exam)?
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2010
Boo Hoo hoo tell yer problems to a priest MF! cool
Dumb ni99a U shoulda thot about all that b4 he did the s*** U did. Im sure U was laughing Ur fool head off thinking U'd get away with it.
funny how s**t comes rite back n bites u up the a$$ cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Injured In Lagos-Ibadan Highway Crash / Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security / Ogun: Three Die As Driver Rams Into Trees On Abeokuta-Sagamu Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.