Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp (14883 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ivynwa(f): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2010
@Buzugee
The only way I passed JAMB was by taking the advice of a family friend who taught me that "You must read in-between the lines". Now run along and reread my posts here so that you can realize your mistake and by the way I have some sweet jokes therein for you which can make you smile and brighten your day. You go boy!
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2010
@ivynwa, amen to ya prayer of us owning several plazas in nigeria. grin i got no beef with ya cuzzin ohhh. if it is true, more grease to his elbows. me i be analytical reader. thats all that is. make i 'run along' grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2010
so ivynwa are you in london or nigeria ?
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ivynwa(f): 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2010
Not really dear. I am in this new country known as Dongeria-----smile
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2010
@ redman i just checked out that site gumtree. it is a wicked site. excuse my ignorance. i thought it was some kinda dodgy site where people get together to sell dodgy goods.
but yeah they have something like this in america called craigslist. www.craigslist.com
LonNig ? somebody has been shacking strong palmwine this morning
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by madchen(f): 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2010
What is so sad is the OP trying to justify his actions, even after he said he was arrested justly. I'm curious to know if he really thinks he has a point. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime! Hiss
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ivynwa(f): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2010
Dongeria or LonNig are the same country located somewhere in Africa. tongue tongue tongue grin
It is an African Island and It is so new that people are clamouring here to buy their real estate. Better make haste while the sun shines.
grin grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ceasyc(f): 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2010
buzugee:

yes but i feel exhausted just reading what you have to go through just to save. haba me i no get time to dey[b] chase 4 roomates for their rent[/b]. if one of them loses their job or cannot pay the rent, you all will be kicked out. thats my point exactly. me personally, i do not like headache. the extreme nigerians go to save in london, i can never do it. thats why you see most nigerians in london looking ashy. cuz all they eat is potato and ketchup 3 times a day just to save  grin tufiakwa

dude u read my posts upside down or wot?wetin u dey yarn sef. u must b in 9ja or not = CLUELESS! all those tins I posted r not wot i had 2 go thru 2 save personally, i gave other ppl's experiences too. me chase room mates in london 4 wetin na? = u got no clue about how to get rooms/houses/flats/room m8s in london e.g. advertise in shop windows 4 less than 1 quid a week n dey start calling u like mad = dey chase me not d other way around grin

if 1 loses his/her job n cant pay rent we all get kicked out dats a laff - like i stated b4 u gats no clue man. IT IS CALLED KNOW YOUR WAY. potato n ketchup is not all dat we eat 2 save, african food is cheap in uk n my fam brings me 9ja raw food FROM 9JA too. we look ashy my foot, u neva seen my pix b4? = fresh babe grin. just ask sagamite grin.

didnt u read where i stated dat:
ceasyc:

wetin person wan chop wey too dear 4 uk? wen sum shops dey sell 5/6 whole chicken or fowl for 5 or 6 quid = person fit chop dat 1 finish 4 one week? 5/6 plantain for 1 quid.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Redman44(m): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2010
@Buzugee

Gumtree is a classic site that offers a lot of job opportunities, goods at unbelievable prices, making friends etc. It remains one of the best sites in Britain. Craiglist is also popular and has more reach than Gumtree. As I was saying, Nigerians need to get information that will change their lives. I know someone that sells fairly used TV sets on Gumtree and that is his only source of income. This Bangladeshi guy [ He might not be legal sef ] goes around London and Essex collecting used television sets from people who do not want them again. He has a van for this purpose. After collecting them, he repairs the faulty ones, buys universal remote controls for the sets without remote control, then advertises them for sale on Gumtree. He sells some sets for £20 while others cost up to £60. I bought a lot of quality things on Gumtree that I use personally.  Living in Britain is not easy but the tough ones smile in the end. Some of those who are still struggling and doing odd jobs [ That is if they are really odd jobs ] might be trying to get their papers and might be paying 'taxes' to the 'dons' who loaned them working papers grin grin.  I feel for the guy who has been caught, but life goes on for the brothers and sisters still chasing their dreams abroad. Cheers.

www.vibe
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ada24: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2010
gumtree, ebay, outlet malls, secret sales, discount codes, clearence stores - man i don't know the last time i paid RRP for a lot of things. trust me u don't need to empty ur bank account to have nice things.

even flight ticket - if ur smart that flight to lagos u saw at one price in the morning/afternoon will not be the same after 11pm on the same day.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ranoscky(m): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2010
Som1 said dat ever since s/he has been existin, livin in d UK dat s/he has heard som1 sayin "u have to manage" in one country buh not in UK, R u sayin d whole of UK citizen's r livin fine? undecided
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ada24: 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2010
Ranoscky:

Som1 said dat ever since s/he has been existin, livin in d UK dat s/he has heard som1 sayin "u have to manage" in one country buh not in UK, R u sayin d whole of UK citizen's r livin fine? undecided

very funny

saving money does not equate to not living fine.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ranoscky(m): 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2010
^
I don't think dat person mentioned somhm lyk savin money, n im not sayin dis regardin to d topic buh, (it's off topic) buh s/he vividly said dat Nigeria is d only country dat som1 can manage economy, how can? so long as dis planet earth is concern, dia's no country dat citizen's dat manage's economy!
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ladej(m): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2010
ada24:

gumtree, ebay, outlet malls, secret sales, discount codes, clearence stores - man i don't know the last time i paid RRP for a lot of things. trust me u don't need to empty your bank account to have nice things.

even flight ticket - if your smart that flight to lagos u saw at one price in the morning/afternoon will not be the same after 11pm on the same day.
true dat
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ladej(m): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2010
Redman44:

@Ladej,

I know it is difficult to save in Britain. However, there is no where on earth where it is easy to save. In Nigeria, a lot of things take your money away even if you're not paying council tax, TV Licence, Bills and the rest of the taxes. The money that UK Nigerians send home is another reason why they don't have savings. Some People in Nigeria fail to understand what peeps are going through here and they think money is made easily in the UK. I believe in being principled and spending wisely. The kinds of jobs you do also determine the amount of money you'll spend for your upkeep. It is all about thinking how to cut costs and save money. There is a lot of information lying around on how to cut costs and survive in the UK. It is just that people are not searching enough to find the needed information. I know a friend that got a solid flatscreen Samsung computer for £95 through an advert he saw in a local newspaper. This is a computer that others get for around £230-£350 in the mainstream market. Information is key to surviving in the UK. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
i agree with you completely. thanks for sharing. information is key, how true
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ladej(m): 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2010
Ivynwa:

Dongeria or LonNig are the same country located somewhere in Africa. tongue tongue tongue grin
It is an African Island and It is so new that people are clamouring here to buy their real estate. Better make haste while the sun shines.
grin grin
grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2010
Ivynwa:

grin grin
big man no dey hurry  grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by bandore(m): 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2010
@poster, I am sure at this point in time you know that those you think are your brothers are not!Although many have valid reasons for blaming you that you do not have valid reasons for airing your grievances, I, like most right thinking people would atleast recognise your plot.
this is an era where the u.k would rid of any body who is illegal and I do not blame them,,infact if they could pull out of the e.u thing, they would but its too late, the british are arguably the greediest country in the world.they conquered many nations,used many as slaves and now they do not need them anymore as mission has been accomplished. I am british with African roots but i say it how it is.let me point out that ironically the British are also the most accomodative, the question is at what expense!
i also read a post by someone claiming 95 percent of Nigerians got their citizenship illegally,, I am sure your man/woman left you after they became one!dnt hate!
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2010
ceasyc:

dude u read my posts upside down or wot?wetin u dey yarn sef. u must b in 9ja or not = CLUELESS! all those tins I posted r not wot i had 2 go thru 2 save personally, i gave other ppl's experiences too. me chase room mates in london 4 wetin na? = u got no clue about how to get rooms/houses/flats/room m8s in london e.g. advertise in shop windows 4 less than 1 quid a week n dey start calling u like mad = dey chase me not d other way around grin

if 1 loses his/her job n cant pay rent we all get kicked out dats a laff - like i stated b4 u gats no clue man. IT IS CALLED KNOW YOUR WAY. potato n ketchup is not all dat we eat 2 save, african food is cheap in uk n my fam brings me 9ja raw food FROM 9JA too. we look ashy my foot, u neva seen my pix b4? = fresh babe grin. just ask sagamite grin.

didnt u read where i stated dat:

all these crazy strangers wey you dey put for house sef because you wan save money. make you watch yasef oooo. make you no go dey house potential harold shipman or myra hindley  wey go take you do pot roast  grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2010
Redman44:

@Buzugee

Gumtree is a classic site that offers a lot of job opportunities, goods at unbelievable prices, making friends etc. It remains one of the best sites in Britain. Craiglist is also popular and has more reach than Gumtree. As I was saying, Nigerians need to get information that will change their lives. I know someone that sells fairly used TV sets on Gumtree and that is his only source of income. This Bangladeshi guy [ He might not be legal sef ] goes around London and Essex collecting used television sets from people who do not want them again. He has a van for this purpose. After collecting them, he repairs the faulty ones, buys universal remote controls for the sets without remote control, then advertises them for sale on Gumtree. He sells some sets for £20 while others cost up to £60. I bought a lot of quality things on Gumtree that I use personally.  Living in Britain is not easy but the tough ones smile in the end. Some of those who are still struggling and doing odd jobs [ That is if they are really odd jobs ] might be trying to get their papers and might be paying 'taxes' to the 'dons' who loaned them working papers grin grin.  I feel for the guy who has been caught, but life goes on for the brothers and sisters still chasing their dreams abroad. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

my brother you dont know how much you have helped me by discovering that site. lots of mexicans do what that ya asian friend does for a living. they drive around foraging for old tvs and stuff and then fix em and re-sell em. its huge business in yankee. the recycling business, that is. but like you said, life is for the strong. WE SHALL OVERCOMEEEEE grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by buzugee(m): 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2010
ada24:

gumtree, ebay, outlet malls, secret sales, discount codes, clearence stores - man i don't know the last time i paid RRP for a lot of things. trust me u don't need to empty your bank account to have nice things.

even flight ticket - if your smart that flight to lagos u saw at one price in the morning/afternoon will not be the same after 11pm on the same day.
you ain never lied. i have been to thrift stores where all these designers dump their damaged goods. damaged can mean that it has a tiny microscopic tear. i have bought so many polo ralph lauren shirts for $1 each. somedays if you tabulate all my outfit, maybe it all comes down to $10. and they look good too. designers.  grin there are some things a man should not pay good money for and i believe CLOTHES is one of them, simply because when you wash it, you have reduced the value considerably. it is not a viable investment.

@ivynwa, bring ya coconut head here woman grin
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by ceasyc(f): 1:07am On Sep 01, 2010
buzugee:

all these crazy strangers wey you dey put for house sef because you wan save money. make you watch yasef oooo. make you no go dey house potential harold shipman or myra hindley  wey go take you do pot roast  grin

lwkmd. u gat jokes. u b clown sef, u no whether i b d serial killer? grin. na u dem go take do pot roast grin
if u rent hse with others whether u b landlord or tenant, unless say na only u n ya fam dey live there = most/all of dem na strangers. ppl dont write bad or good or evil on their 4heads.

stop hammering on me saving moni, nutin wrong wit any1 saving by all (good) means. i was only giving sum e.g of how poster cud have saved in 5 yrs of working in d uk cos he said he's skint or so dats y he cant go 2 9ja yet

yea gumtree's cool n other sites too. i tire 4 u sef - funny u
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ivynwa(f): 2:42am On Sep 01, 2010
Yeah Babes, I'm here listening Buzugee but how you come dey call me coconut head now (sulking) after I don pray say all of us go get plazas for Nigeria. Na waa for you-u-o-o, I think say me and you don become 5 and 6 sef. Anyway sha you are right about clothings diminishing in value fast but many will not think like that because we have this inherent desire to look sophisticated so the more expensive the more most will want to buy. If there is any other good business after food, it is the clothing business.   smiley smiley cool undecided undecided
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Flawless(f): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2010
It is quite unfortunate that most people that have contributed to this post still have slavery mentality. Commenting on immigration issues is like walking on ice; if you haven’t experience immigration problem or have a close relation/friend that is going through it; you are better off keeping quite. Unaware to majority of you, UK has a very harsh/primitive way of dealing with immigration issues. Majority of the countries in the developed world including US, Spain, Italy and Germany are very good with border control and have in the past granted asylum to illegal immigrants or in the case of the US Visa lottery. UK has never had any sort of asylum to immigrants; instead they kept coming up with stricter Immigration laws that are nothing but against human right. YES I said Human right, you guys can Google ECHR and what it says; people have right to various right including right to establish a life, freedom of movement, association, fend for themselves and so on. How hypocritical of them to always campaigning for human right in the developing countries and poking their nose into other countries issues.
So before most of you run your mouth without thinking how would you feel if you cannot get painkiller to treat common headache and you have to practically beg just to get one whilst you are being locked up in some inhuman detention and you are subjected to ridicule? Or how would you feel if you cannot fend for your family (a family that you made in a foreign land) or how would you feel to see that a violent criminal walk free on the street while a British made criminal (illegal immigrant) is been locked up because he/she happen to be unfortunate to have migrated to a country that is supposed to be headquarter of common wealth states? Why is Nigeria still part of common wealth, when we practically do not benefit from it apart from been able to vote in their elections? I have seen people that would have been granted leave to remain in other countries being refused for example; someone with a naturalised British mother that reunited with his/her mother been refused, wife/husband of British citizen is been refused etc. So the issue of illegal immigration in the UK cannot be corrected if they do not sort out those in the UK already in form of granting amnesty to asylum seekers and illegal migrants.
Anyway guess I have to stop here, but before you cast any stone check yourself to see if you do not have any blemish. May God help us all (AMEN).
angry
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Ranoscky(m): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2010
^
Like Nike!
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by seyibrown(f): 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2010
You got it completely wrong, Flawless! The UK grants asylum to people who meet the criteria and in some case those who even do not! Let's be honest, we know there are many people who lie to get asylum! About the examples you gave, you can be refused 'leave to remain' if you do not present the correct documents! If you meet the criteria stipulated for asylum or 'leave to remain', you will get it if you follow proper procedure and present all documentation required! Many people lie and falsify documents when presenting their applications. The UK has a right to protects it territory and control the influx of people. We already see what inefficient (in some aspects) immigration control has done to the UK - Human trafficking, Crime and terrorism.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Flawless(f): 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2010
Perhaps, seyibrown read my post carefully and correctly wouldn't claim that I got it wrong. I said amnesty for all illegals and fixed d loop holes in their border control. Nick Clegg in his electoral emphase on this. I have seen people that are FAKE as in fake been granted while honest people are been refused.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Flawless(f): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2010
I meant if seyibrown read, Pardon my mistakes am replying from my mobile,
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by tunde121oke: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2010
sorry oh,
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by debosky(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2010
Flawless:

Perhaps, seyibrown read my post carefully and correctly wouldn't claim that I got it wrong. I said amnesty for all illegals and fixed d loop holes in their border control. Nick Clegg in his electoral emphase on this. I have seen people that are FAKE as in fake been granted while honest people are been refused.

So what?

I am always annoyed when I read posts like these - why on earth should they give amnesty to illegals? So more illegals can come?

So what if some honest people have been denied? Is the person in question honest? He broke the law and is now complaining about 'human rights'? What is wrong is wrong - we understand that people sometimes feel forced to do these things out of their unfortunate conditions or foolish mistakes, but that still doesn't make it right.

The UK or any other country doesn't owe you anything - the only country that owes you is YOURS and that is Nigeria. To knowingly break the rules is wrong and can be punished - if you are unfortunate to be caught, then you will face the penalty.

I can understand his plight, but that doesn't change the wrongness of his actions.
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2010
come back home brother. Dont u think an okada rider is better than u nw?
Re: My Experiences In A Uk Immigration Detention Camp by seyibrown(f): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2010
Flawless:

It is quite unfortunate that most people that have contributed to this post still have slavery mentality. Commenting on immigration issues is like walking on ice; if you haven’t experience immigration problem or have a close relation/friend that is going through it; you are better off keeping quite. Unaware to majority of you, UK has a very harsh/primitive way of dealing with immigration issues. Majority of the countries in the developed world including US, Spain, Italy and Germany are very good with border control and have in the past granted asylum to illegal immigrants or in the case of the US Visa lottery. UK has never had any sort of asylum to immigrants; instead they kept coming up with stricter Immigration laws that are nothing but against human right. YES I said Human right, you guys can Google ECHR and what it says; people have right to various right including right to establish a life, freedom of movement, association, fend for themselves and so on. How hypocritical of them to always campaigning for human right in the developing countries and poking their nose into other countries issues.
So before most of you run your mouth without thinking how would you feel if you cannot get painkiller to treat common headache and you have to practically beg just to get one whilst you are being locked up in some inhuman detention and you are subjected to ridicule? Or how would you feel if you cannot fend for your family (a family that you made in a foreign land) or how would you feel to see that a violent criminal walk free on the street while a British made criminal (illegal immigrant) is been locked up because he/she happen to be unfortunate to have migrated to a country that is supposed to be headquarter of common wealth states? Why is Nigeria still part of common wealth, when we practically do not benefit from it apart from been able to vote in their elections? I have seen people that would have been granted leave to remain in other countries being refused for example; someone with a naturalised British mother that reunited with his/her mother been refused, wife/husband of British citizen is been refused etc. So the issue of illegal immigration in the UK cannot be corrected if they do not sort out those in the UK already in form of granting amnesty to asylum seekers and illegal migrants.
Anyway guess I have to stop here, but before you cast any stone check yourself to see if you do not have any blemish. May God help us all (AMEN).
angry

Saying that the UK does not grant asylum to immigrants is incorrect! We read here in the papers how immigrants who get asylum get preferential treatment in terms of accomodation and benefits compared to indigenous Britons. The immigration laws are not against human rights, they are to control number and skills movement from outside the EU!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun: Three Die As Driver Rams Into Trees On Abeokuta-Sagamu Road / Libya Stops Nigerians, Other Migrants From Crossing To Europe / Ondo: Flood Engulfs Cars, Houses, And Gets Into Bank (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.