Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? (30798 Views)

Is N300k A Month A Bad Idea ? / Which Business Can I Do With N300k As A School Teacher? / Can 60k Start Phone Accessories Business (-shop Rent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by loricara: 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
patjane:
Yes you can start with that amount,I deals on wholesale and retail of phone acccessories in delta state(warri)one thing you need is someone to put ur through it first before going into it
Am ready to help so free free to ask any questions
I have so many questions to ask please sir. would it be okay if we have a chat either on WhatsApp, email or fb please sir.
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by loricara: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
IMAliyu:
Depends on if you want to open a shop or you want to do direct business with people or other students.
For a shop it is too little, but for direct sales it's more than enough.
With as little as 5k I buy earphones, rings or memory cards from AliExpress and sell it directly to friends and people that request it in school. The profits are not that large, but it gives me spending money.
I want to open shop, I ve money for shop renting ,300k will be only used for goods
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by loricara: 1:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
if there's any better alternative business 300k can start plz suggest I have money for shop renting thank you
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by humblesteve(m): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
zacwale:

Oga mini import people have spoil it you need to be careful on it
How did they spoilt it
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by patjane(f): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
il.com send me ur number I’ll chat u on WhatsApp Sir
loricara:
I have so many questions to ask please sir. would it be okay if we have a chat either on WhatsApp, email or fb please sir.
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by coldFLARES1(m): 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
dominique:
You need to understudy with someone grounded in the business so you can learn the ropes and you won't throw your money away to swindlers.
This, I may say is the first logical step, but he should be guided by my experience if he wishes to go down that route.

Badly needed to start earning after resigning; tallied with a suggestion for a certain business and paid for a 3-week apprenticeship. The "plus" was that my coach would help when we are stocking.

He quite went with me to get my opening stock, only for me to discover that I could not compete favorably with competitors in my choice location because cost price were inflated! I struggled and made a lot of sacrifices to continue in business. ....and this was because all bridges were burnt in a manner of speaking.

As for my "oga", that distasteful discovery made me sever ties with him.

2 Likes

Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by alizma: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
loricara:

thanks but I want to inventutr into business I just need to start something asap
if you rush in with your money, you may rush out empty handed. be patient
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by kabarka(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
coldFLARES1:
This, I may say is the first logical step, but he should be guided by my experience if he wishes to go down that route.

Badly needed to start earning after resigning; tallied with a suggestion for a certain business and paid for a 3-week apprenticeship. The "plus" was that my coach would help when we are stocking.

He quite went with me to get my opening stock, only for me to discover that I could not compete favorably with competitors in my choice location because cost price were inflated! I struggled and made a lot of sacrifices to continue in business. ....and this was because all bridges were burnt in a manner of speaking.

As for my "oga", that distasteful discovery made me sever ties with him.
so sorry.life can be mysterious.
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by loricara: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
patjane:
okotiepat144@gmail.com send me ur number I’ll chat u on WhatsApp Sir
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by humblesteve(m): 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
loricara:

Guy where’s your location
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by nextstep(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
MrMcJay:

You asked him not to start a business.

Inflation rate is 11.7% Pa
You want him to leave his money in fixed deposit at 10%Pa.

You lack financial knowledge.

You're right about inflation, but the reason I asked him to park his money is that the chances of making a profit with 300k on phone accessories business in this current climate is close to nil. Same thing with farming, real estate, provisions, or pretty much any business. 300k is not enough, and he will lose 100% of his 300k within 1 or 2 years, since the margins are so low.

Better park it and know he has a backup plan. There are some banks that beat 10%. For instance FCMB offers 11.5% and Union Bank offers 12.5% according to the numbers on https://www.nairaland.com/4823426/fixed-deposits-interest-rates-nigerian

I also did not want to go into other ways of making that money work: investing in the stock market is another way of putting 300k to work, but that's a long-term game because the market fluctuates so much. Farming cooperatives is another, but people I know have been burned in recent harvests where they barely made their investment back. Buying land is also an option, since it's currently appreciating faster than inflation, and good luck buying anything for 300k, unless you want to spend money on transport to survey some place far inside bush.

1 Like

Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by nextstep(m): 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
henry49:
Yes, so many people will discourage you: saying that your idea is useless. But, when you ignore them, persevere, and eventually succeeds. The same people will come and call you a genius! Bro, stop pouring cold water on people's efforts. If Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and Larry page of Google had listened to your piece of advice, they would have remained poor, even poorer than you!

Er, there's a difference between innovative ideas that nobody knows how to evaluate, vs. a tried and true business where the numbers are clear: 300k is not enough to start a sustainable business in phone accessories business. There's nothing new or unknown about selling accessories, and those with experience have given their advise.

If the goal is to make money, I just pointed out that with 300k, there are options less risky than selling accessories.

For every Zuckerberg or Page, there are thousands of others for whom their ideas did not pan out.

But you're right, we just never know, and we will be back to praise him should his idea work.
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by loricara: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
humblesteve:
Guy where’s your location
enugu
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by loricara: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
nextstep:

Er, there's a difference between innovative ideas that nobody knows how to evaluate, vs. a tried and true business where the numbers are clear: 300k is not enough to start a sustainable business in phone accessories business. There's nothing new or unknown about selling accessories, and those with experience have given their advise.

If the goal is to make money, I just pointed out that with 300k, there are options less risky than selling accessories.

For every Zuckerberg or Page, there are thousands of others for whom their ideas did not pan out.

But you're right, we just never know, and we will be back to praise him should his idea work.
what can I start with 300k plz
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by humblesteve(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
loricara:

enugu
Dunno how you intend to carry out this project but if you have a place to start up I will advise you can buy from importers here in Alaba and if you’re in a good location like students area it will be an advantage if you sell chargers and screen guard...very lucrative biz

Best of luck Nwanna
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
kingPhidel:
well, since it is umbrella no wahala. Which i know is produced in nigeria. I now understand that you are talking about intra-importation. Goodluck brov
Produced in Nigeria? Where? The address, please?
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by Godfullsam(m): 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
henry49:
Go into online marketing, specifically CPA. Buy a laptop for #35000, buy ads for $10 = #3540. The profit is massive! You don't need a domain name I.e a website or blog.

Pls can you teach me online marketing?
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by Godfullsam(m): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2019
Benosky011:
If you talk about importation of electrical materials, i'ld say no no no. It can't even go 1/10.

For phone accessories, I have no idea.
But, since your capital is small, you need to make friends with the guys in phone accessories mkt so they can put you tru on goods with popular demand in the mkt.

You can also try what we call groupage importation.
This means pooling resources together with people with small capital too and importing something big.
Note that in importation, the smaller your capital, the lesser your gain. But with groupage, you can put up upto 5m and import, then maximise your profit.
The group you imported with can also help you mkt your goods.

Note: since you are starting, you may not need a shop. You can always rent a warehouse on temporary basis.

Pls can you link me up a trust worthy groupage importation
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by coldFLARES1(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
kabarka:

so sorry.life can be mysterious.
grin. The fact that I had resolved not to go through the agony of job-hunting served as tonic in those periods. To heaven's glory, I am stable now.

However, we feel compelled to share bits of our story so others could avoid the pitfalls that almost sunk us.
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2019
loricara:

someone recommended it. I'm looking for random suggestions and a better option

With 300k...theres a lot you can do.

If you are open to ideas then lets talk

Whatsapp 08171376796
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by Benosky011(m): 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
onwardsoldier:

Valid point here, however he needs to learn first and strategize his plan(s) on getting customers and long term goals.

Ok. Chat or call me on Imo chat 09076737179
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by Benosky011(m): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
Godfullsam:

Pls can you link me up a trust worthy groupage importation

There is nothing like linking you to a trust worthy group age.
You have to visit a mkt were dealers are mostly importers, you'll definitely see dealers with small small capital. You all agree to pull resources to do something meaningful.
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by comm: 12:01am On Mar 06, 2019
tolani4real:

Tell me how?
Bro? That 300k wey dey do you somehow for body now, better be careful with it else you ll be scammed, if you want to go into phone accessories business my advise will be to locate any phone accessories store around u and apply as a sales rep. I don't know how old you are sha but the point is if you are young the manager will not be afraid or apprehensive in any way so you stand a chance to know where they buy, what sells hot, how much they buy or sell. infact I'm lazy typing now but learn how to venture into something new here https://www.nairaland.com/4442304/how-started-soap-making-business Meanwhile someday your going to look back at your 300k and wonder how it could feel like starting a phone accessories business with that amount but don't let anyone swindle you. c u @ d top
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by comm: 12:08am On Mar 06, 2019
kingsaif:

e go schock ham wen all the fowls go die com remain two wen dem go eat for house
funniest post inside 2019
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by completey(f): 2:36am On Mar 06, 2019
loricara:

enlighten me please

Importation is lucrative if you know your onions. I will suggest you identify your market before importing. You start importing without touching your 300k.

First step is to make a research in your area to know what people desire.
Because I have a favorable market, I don't import only one product. I import based on people's needs, wants and desire. Once you can identify your market, I can assist you with USA importation. Not eBay and Amazon thingy.
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by sircrabo: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2019
henry49:
Go into online marketing, specifically CPA. Buy a laptop for #35000, buy ads for $10 = #3540. The profit is massive! You don't need a domain name I.e a website or blog.

Can you briefly explain how this business works? what do you mean by buying ad? I have a laptop, where do I buy ads from and how do I make profit?

Pls explain
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by monimekaz(m): 9:56am On Mar 06, 2019
Oga op this is my advice : if you want to venture into phone accessories business make sure you know how to do basic phone repair like : changing touchpad and screen, changing charging port ,changing mouthpiece and speaker for the hardwares. These are the major hardware problems in phones . Then softwares like flashing , unlocking etc. You can use this to compliment the accessories. Hardware alone can give you minimum of 4k per day ..software minimum of 3k per day . People make 15-20k per day ooo.I'm talking from experience. If you can give in to this combination, forget about all this grammar here abeg,you will make money. I mean money .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by Muzikluva(m): 10:09am On Mar 06, 2019
loricara:
if there's any better alternative business 300k can start plz suggest I have money for shop renting thank you
Mr! 300k is more than enough. I am into mini-importation and the first orders I ever did spent about 50k or so and I made my profit tho it was not so much but I have been progressing. Recently I spent about 200k on goods on my last orders and I know how huge my profit will be. If I had more I would have spent more. In essence all I am saying is either you import something to resell particularly if you are in a student area or you do a mini scale farming. But be careful of scammers. So many people here would have calculated how they would scam you of your money. BTW, where is your location??
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by Muzikluva(m): 10:11am On Mar 06, 2019
completey:

Importation is lucrative if you know your onions. I will suggest you identify your market before importing. You start importing without touching your 300k.

First step is to make a research in your area to know what people desire.
Because I have a favorable market, I don't import only one product. I import based on people's needs, wants and desire. Once you can identify your market, I can assist you with USA importation. Not eBay and Amazon thingy.
Hi dear... You import from the US but not from ebay or amazon? Can we have a priv discussion?
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by loricara: 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Muzikluva:

Mr! 300k is more than enough. I am into mini-importation and the first orders I ever did spent about 50k or so and I made my profit tho it was not so much but I have been progressing. Recently I spent about 200k on goods on my last orders and I know how huge my profit will be. If I had more I would have spent more. In essence all I am saying is either you import something to resell particularly if you are in a student area or you do a mini scale farming. But be careful of scammers. So many people here would have calculated how they would scam you of your money. BTW, where is your location??
I'm looking for a better option will be okay if you enlighten me more
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by loricara: 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
monimekaz:
Oga op this is my advice : if you want to venture into phone accessories business make sure you know how to do basic phone repair like : changing touchpad and screen, changing charging port ,changing mouthpiece and speaker for the hardwares. These are the major hardware problems in phones . Then softwares like flashing , unlocking etc. You can use this to compliment the accessories. Hardware alone can give you minimum of 4k per day ..software minimum of 3k per day . People make 15-20k per day ooo.I'm talking from experience. If you can give in to this combination, forget about all this grammar here abeg,you will make money. I mean money .
I like your suggest I'd go for software by where can I buy accessories at cheaper rate and do you have better business alternative
Re: Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? by kemite90: 1:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hello good people, please can any body help me with a contact, I want to become a full distributor of tissue paper in Lagos, if you know tissue paper company in Lagos mainland or marketer. This is my contact 08062335134. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge / Mike Adenuga And Dele Momodu Captured Together In An Adorable Photo / Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.