Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,464 members, 7,836,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen (33761 Views)

ASUU Strike Will Never Happen Under My Administration – Atiku / "it wilL never happen'' Fela Durotoye rejects forming a pact with Atiku / Why PDP, Atiku Will Lose In South-East – Donatus Nwankpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by somalianprince: 8:00am On Mar 05, 2019
What's this one yapping? Atiku or PDP has never asked for any GNU. Atiku is only interested in getting back his stolen mandate.

Guzel:
Hahhaaah
I’m yet to see what’s giving Atiku the confidence to think that pmb will run a GNU. Even Yaradua that did it ended up converting the ministers from PPA and ANPP to PDP
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by ofordegreat(m): 8:02am On Mar 05, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Federal Government on Monday said it would not consider a Government of National Unity being canvassed by some Nigerians following the outcome of the 2019 presidential election which was won by President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to the results declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), President Buhari, who was seeking re-election, garnered 15,191,847 votes to defeat his closest rival, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the PDP, who polled 11,262,978.

Atiku has already rejected the result and vowed to challenge it in court.

However, some Nigerians, including political parties, have asked Atiku not to go to court while asking President Buhari to form a Government of National Unity.

Speaking with our correspondent on Monday, a top government official said those clamouring for a Government of National Unity should perish the thought as the constitution did not provide for that.

“Is there a provision in the constitution for Government of National Unity? The election has been conducted, INEC has declared a winner.

“The opponent who came second has refused to congratulate the winner and insisted on going to court. We wish him good luck.

“Why will anybody even think of a Government of National Unity? The election was a free, fair, and credible election and it was endorsed by both local and foreign observers.

“It was not a close contest in any way. The winner has emerged. Why will anybody moot the idea of Government of National Unity as if there is a constitutional crisis? They should perish the thought because it will never happen,” he said.

Also speaking, Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, said the government would not consider the option as it was not in the constitution.

“What does the constitution say about Government of National Unity? The question does not arise,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/govt-of-national-unity-will-never-happen-fg/

Obviously, the APC led government don't mean well for this nation. How come they only check constitutional provisions when a matter is in their favour?
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by gcof(m): 8:04am On Mar 05, 2019
naijaguy1234:
This Atiku guy is never tired of loosing. He's about to flush billions down the drain again in the name of tribunal. But I never knew PDP are this desperate to come back to power, now they want to use the back door.

They are used to stealing and leaving in luxury which may have dried up by now. Nigerians have rejected you, just quietly go away.

Atiku is using the election tribunal to stay relevant just for the governorship election, after that he will concede defeat and we shouldn't hear anything of him for some time.
i hope you can say the same about APC candidates that lost in the election
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by blackboy(m): 8:19am On Mar 05, 2019
APC has spoken the truth, maybe the next 4 years we will not be hearing lies. Well done
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by ridbell01(m): 8:22am On Mar 05, 2019
israelmao:
Ok.We know that Buhari always runs government of national disunity.
cuz your voting pattern is in disunity

1 Like

Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by adanny01(m): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2019
highmood:
An average Hausa man will not fight for what belongs to him? I really doubt that. If it is not settled in the Court, it will be settled in the mosque and if not in the mosque, then it will be in the caucus of the Fulani elders.

Any ways, the fact remains that Hausa-fulani will teach the south how to play the game of politics this time. Obasanjo played the game well when he placed Goodluck to be the vice of late President Yaradua. This time, Tinubu successfully attached the pastor vice to President Buhari in case there is any eventuality; but the president has shown how strong he is over these few months. INEC has declared Buhari President for the second term, now the north is ready to show how skillful they are in the game of politics.

Take it or leave it, either Atiku gets his mandate at the tail end of Buhari tenure or he contests again to be rigged in and the North remains in the corridor of power.
For the south whether Yoruba or IBO getting power so soon, hmm, I doubt.
Many times I just chuckle when I hear the Yorubas and Ibos using words against each other-the game is between the North and the South not between two tribes who just want the less effective position of the Vice.

What Buhari is doing right now is to place his puppets in the oil rich states of the south for the enrichment of the north hence his interest in Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Akwaibom others will include Bayelsa. Wondering why he hardly visit other states in the south?

You guys are pathetic.

The SS and SE used hate to hang themselves politically. Now that the loss has been confirmed, you want to drag the SW into it so that the entire south can look marginalized.

You said it all, the Hausa fulani are the masters of politics and they know how best to relegate someone. They will surprise you guys by giving power to the SW and you will continue to cry till the SW does 8yrs and the north does another 8yrs.

You think they are fools. Keeping the seat only for themselves especially in 2023 will only bring them more trouble. They will hand it over, but guess what its going to be the SW.

Keep miscalculating Hausa/fulani politics, you will be doomed forever.

Dont forget that Obj became president as a concession, same will happen 2023. Imagine from prison to President. He was chosen by the North and they will choose someone to hold it for them again.

Jumping from one political miscalculation to another is what the PDP is known for right now. They miscalculated in 2015, spending money like tomorrow no dey, even crashed the economy but failed. Used very stupid propaganda in the build up of 2019, it crashed. The 2019 election, they miscalculated heavily thinking campaign turnout and social media polls will give them victory, now they convinced themselves falsely in one of the freest and fairest elections of Nigeria so far to be a rigged one. Unfortunately, they began miscalculating 2023 already.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by israelmao(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2019
ridbell01:
cuz your voting pattern is in disunity
Tell me which country uses voting pattern to run government or distribute resources in sane clime?
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 05, 2019
saraki2019:
This is what is called karma , when you were in power, you take the masses for granted. Now they are paying you in your own coons

PDP is just one of the political parties. Several other political parties affected by the rigging have never overseen an election in Nigeria.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 05, 2019
adanny01:

You guys are pathetic.

The SS and SE used hate to hang themselves politically. Now that the loss has been confirmed, you want to drag the SW into it so that the entire south can look marginalized.

You said it all, the Hausa fulani are the masters of politics and they know how best to relegate someone. They will surprise you guys by giving power to the SW and you will continue to cry till the SW does 8yrs and the north does another 8yrs.

You think they are fools. Keeping the seat only for themselves especially in 2023 will only bring them more trouble. They will hand it over, but guess what its going to be the SW.

Dont forget that Obj became president as a concession, same will happen 2023. Imagine from prison to President. He was chosen by the North and they will choose someone to hold it for them again.

Jumping from one political miscalculation to another is what the PDP is known for right now. They miscalculated in 2015, spending money like tomorrow no dey, even crashed the economy but failed. Used very stupid propaganda in the build up of 2019, it crashed. The 2019 election, they miscalculated heavily thinking campaign turnout and social media polls will give them victory, now they convinced themselves falsely in one of the freest and fairest elections of Nigeria so far to be a rigged one. Unfortunately, they began miscalculating 2023 already.

Dream on bro.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by fukushaki(m): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2019
Kuginzi:

You'll continue to be below Zombie for the rest of your life in Jesus name.
Chief Asshóle in the making and you and your entire generations will always be below almajaris in the north
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by jinco5050: 8:55am On Mar 05, 2019
naijaguy1234:
This Atiku guy is never tired of loosing. He's about to flush billions down the drain again in the name of tribunal. But I never knew PDP are this desperate to come back to power, now they want to use the back door.

They are used to stealing and leaving in luxury which may have dried up by now. Nigerians have rejected you, just quietly go away.

Atiku is using the election tribunal to stay relevant just for the governorship election, after that he will concede defeat and we shouldn't hear anything of him for some time.
Then leave him to go to court
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by akintunde63: 8:57am On Mar 05, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Federal Government on Monday said it would not consider a Government of National Unity being canvassed by some Nigerians following the outcome of the 2019 presidential election which was won by President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to the results declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), President Buhari, who was seeking re-election, garnered 15,191,847 votes to defeat his closest rival, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the PDP, who polled 11,262,978.

Atiku has already rejected the result and vowed to challenge it in court.

However, some Nigerians, including political parties, have asked Atiku not to go to court while asking President Buhari to form a Government of National Unity.

Speaking with our correspondent on Monday, a top government official said those clamouring for a Government of National Unity should perish the thought as the constitution did not provide for that.

“Is there a provision in the constitution for Government of National Unity? The election has been conducted, INEC has declared a winner.

“The opponent who came second has refused to congratulate the winner and insisted on going to court. We wish him good luck.

“Why will anybody even think of a Government of National Unity? The election was a free, fair, and credible election and it was endorsed by both local and foreign observers.

“It was not a close contest in any way. The winner has emerged. Why will anybody moot the idea of Government of National Unity as if there is a constitutional crisis? They should perish the thought because it will never happen,” he said.

Also speaking, Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, said the government would not consider the option as it was not in the constitution.

“What does the constitution say about Government of National Unity? The question does not arise,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/govt-of-national-unity-will-never-happen-fg/

What amazes me is "why is everyone begging Atiku? Doesn't it seems there's more to it than meets our novice eyes? Definitely something very deep and secret is going on that Nigerian citizens are being prevented from knowing.
However, a government of National Unity will not work because Atiku and his associates are all thieves who will corrupt and compromise the system once again, if given the chance, just as he did under Obj
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by akintunde63: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
This is deeply troubling for the FG to issue this kind of statement! This amounts to treason to the Nigerian people..

Well zombies, this is your NEXT LEVEL.., enjoy it!

Treason? Do u really know what treason means?
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by hisexcellency34: 9:20am On Mar 05, 2019
Don't mind the olodo. Treason koo

akintunde63:

Treason? Do u really know what treason means?
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by highmood(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2019
adanny01:

You guys are pathetic.

smile. I hate tribal arguments but let me make it clear to you that I have never in my life seen a tribe so jittery, jealous and pretending like some people in the south west- Apologies to the true ones among you. Why is it when a political moves involving the southeast emerges, some of you place it like a crown on your head-you feel bittered for the ibo tribe for no good reason. An average IBO man don't see anything wrong with your Osibanjo as the vice but your clouded imagination thought it was all about him. I could remember vividly the Yoruba elders cautioned your likes against Buhari but you kept a deaf ear and your hearts clouded with sentiments. Hunger don reset your memory card, u de vex against the IBOs.

Imagine the north where much violence was expected yet none, unfortunately some sponsored thugs from the south west are taking it personal. Spit!

If I may ask, has the powers been held in the north for years changed anything? No!
I know you won't love to hear that Southeasterns will never cease to excel in their endeavors even if power is been held for eternity by other. Even if we are thrown to the ocean, we will make it habitable for your likes to come collect Owo Omo onile. grin

Whether the south in general agrees or not, the south will be under the north for years. I got my information from a reliable source, please go get get yours.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2019
Eserise1:
Atiku should go to court , Buhari won the election free and fair with integrity so he will win Atiku in Court why are people scared

Something must be wrong

FREE AND FAIR INDEED....ARE U NOT IN THE COUNTRY...

MAYBE U HAVE HAVE RELATIVES IN BUHARI GOV...RUBBISH
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by farem: 9:46am On Mar 05, 2019
Mynd44:
Alhaji Atiku should go to court. I wonder why people are appealing with him not to.

If anyone feels injustice has been done, let the person seek justice

Is it that Atiku is asking for directions on how to get to court or what?
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by capitalzero: 10:07am On Mar 05, 2019
highmood:
An average Hausa man will not fight for what belongs to him? I really doubt that. If it is not settled in the Court, it will be settled in the mosque and if not in the mosque, then it will be in the caucus of the Fulani elders.

Any ways, the fact remains that Hausa-fulani will teach the south how to play the game of politics this time. Obasanjo played the game well when he placed Goodluck to be the vice of late President Yaradua. This time, Tinubu successfully attached the pastor vice to President Buhari in case there is any eventuality; but the president has shown how strong he is over these few months. INEC has declared Buhari President for the second term, now the north is ready to show how skillful they are in the game of politics.

Take it or leave it, either Atiku gets his mandate at the tail end of Buhari tenure or he contests again to be rigged in and the North remains in the corridor of power.
For the south whether Yoruba or IBO getting power so soon, hmm, I doubt.
Many times I just chuckle when I hear the Yorubas and Ibos using words against each other-the game is between the North and the South not between two tribes who just want the less effective position of the Vice.

What Buhari is doing right now is to place his puppets in the oil rich states of the south for the enrichment of the north hence his interest in Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Akwaibom others will include Bayelsa. Wondering why he hardly visit other states in the south?

you are making sense. Buhari will loose in court if kaduna mafia feels buhari may not finish his tenure due to ill health ,incapacitation or death. Atiku will step in as president to continue northern agenda. fear north.

1 Like

Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by nwanyionitsha: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2019
naijaguy1234:

They are used to stealing and living in luxury which may have dried up by now. Nigerians have rejected you, just quietly go away.

Why are you worried? Is it your MONEY
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by baganas: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2019
01mcfadden:
Free and fair indeed.

With the videos we've been watching.
Both sides rigged that's what made it fair..... foreign observers
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by nwanyionitsha: 10:11am On Mar 05, 2019
Guzel:
Hahhaaah
I’m yet to see what’s giving Atiku the confidence to think that pmb will run a GNU. Even Yaradua that did it ended up converting the ministers from PPA and ANPP to PDP
Atiku has never asked for GNU.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by naijaguy1234(m): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Why are you worried? Is it your MONEY
na ya papa money. Ipob fool.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by Shaev7(m): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2019
Imagine the utterance from FG. What will be the stance of the people?
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by nwanyionitsha: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2019
KOLLYPROF:
The election is free,fair and credible. It's not possible for someone to sit in one corner of his room and tell us he has different clips of election irregularities.
Though no one is perfect but you are free to go court to show your grievances.
Good luck
Good. Let the pressure stop.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by baganas: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Buhari can feel the heat coming up sooner than he thinks.

The election result would be upturned, null and void in many polls especially in the core north.

We pray for peace. We really need it now cos the projection aren't good....I tell ya
If elections are hold a hundred times in core north Atiku cannot win. I tell ya
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by nwanyionitsha: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2019
SmartMugu:
Going to court is a waste of time. The CJN was targeted for this reason.
Then let him go and let the pressure stop.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by nwanyionitsha: 10:16am On Mar 05, 2019
helinues:
This is not Kenya.. If he is still interested in becoming Nigeria presidents, let him start preparation for 2023.
The courts will decide.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by nwanyionitsha: 10:17am On Mar 05, 2019
LexngtonSteele:
cheesy

Subtle message to piglets : Buhari will reduce 5% to 1% grin

I laugh when the potorpotor folks demand for Senate President position grin
See this one. You don't know your brownroofers are part of the percentage now. Smh.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by baganas: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2019
Raylight2:
what is government of national unity. somebody please quote me and explain. thanks
That pmb should include elements of pdp members in his government to avert crises and to appease and alleviate the pain of lost
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by nwanyionitsha: 10:29am On Mar 05, 2019
naijaguy1234:
na ya papa money. Ipob fool.
See your gbegiri filled mouth. I can see what awos free education has caused nation wide.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by richie240: 10:49am On Mar 05, 2019
IamPatriotic:
What criminals couldn't get through the ballot, they want to go for it through the back door.

Government of National Unity ko, Government of United Nation ni tongue tongue tongue
the funny thing is that even if the fg grants their request, their greed wont let them see front.
THEY 'LL WANT IT ALL. Not until they take it by hook/crook they wont stop agitating. Its all a matter of trust. Can they - opposition - be trusted? Does events pre and post 2015 election (coupled with that of 2019) show that they can be trusted? the answer is 7up.
Re: FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen by richie240: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2019
hisexcellency34:
PDP will be foolish to demand for any government of national unity. If they actually believe they won, they should go ahead in court
Foolishness par excellence..... They are planning to go to court (thats if theyve not gone already) yet asking for GNU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Judicial Panel Of Inquiry Visits Lekki Toll Gate, Discovers Bullet Shells / Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) / Ejitayo Jegede Celebrates His Win On The Street (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.