Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo (22827 Views)

Attacking Buhari Won’t Save You - Atiku Tells Tinubu / Farooq Kperogi: Tinubu Is Attacking Buhari Because He Won't Be President / Obi To Buhari: Take Pictures With Impactful Nigerians, Not Worthless Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by vegafbs: 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/03/05/stop-attacking-buhari-take-rest-82-alake-advises-obasanjo/

The Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Aremu Gbadebo, on Tuesday advised former President Olusegun Obasanjo to desist from his ceaseless attacks on President Muhammadu Buhari.

Alake gave the advice in his goodwill message to mark the 82nd birthday anniversary of Obasanjo at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta.

Gbadebo, who noted that Obasanjo had been ‘‘a warrior’’ all his life, urged him to rest, fight less and rather take a position of a consultant at his new age.

‘‘At 82 years, I think you should keep your sword more rather than use it always,’’ he said.

The Alake, who served as a military officer during the military administration of Muhammadu Buhari between 1984 and 1985, said he had always told Obasanjo to leave his boss (Buhari) alone.

Obasanjo, who responded to goodwill messages from friends, family members and well wishers at the programme, responded by saying that the issues between him and Buhari were not personal.

According to the elder statesman, governance is not a family affair, adding that democracy involves criticisms and consideration of all sides to an issue.

‘‘There is nothing personal between President Buhari and I.

‘‘In a democracy, you can criticise a policy, a government or a leader because democracy is not a family affair.

‘‘If it is my brother that is occupying the leadership role and he is not doing what I believe he should do, he must be criticised and that is what democracy is all about.

‘‘I have been in that position longer than any Nigerian will ever be there.

‘‘So if I say anybody in government in Nigeria is not doing well, let that government prove that it is doing well,’’ he said.

Earlier, former Minister of Home Affairs of the Republic of South Africa, Mr. Mangosuthu Buthelezi, delivered a lecture entitled: ‘‘Colonialism, Apartheid, Freedom and South Africa Rising.’’

Buthelezi, in the lecture, identified corruption as the biggest challenge facing the African continent.

He expressed concern that South Africa currently ranked so poorly on the Corruption Perceptions Index of the Transparency International.

The former South-African Minister attributed the development to ‘‘the mistakes we have made, allowing resources to be consumed by greed and abuse.’’

Buthelezi, who noted that only six countries in the African Union had ranked above 50 on the corruption index, stressed that ‘‘corruption is pervasive throughout the region.

‘‘This is difficult to hear and perhaps, it stirs our anger. We must, however, accept the facts and fix them.

‘‘When we consider countries like Seychelles and Botswana who have become paragons of excellence, we need to ask what they did to achieve this.

‘‘We know that Botswana, for instance, reinforced its legal and institutional frameworks and made resources available specifically to fight corruption.

‘‘There are measures we can take and we must take them.

“If we can overcome these challenges in Africa, we will open the possibilities for growth, development and social justice that were the dreams of my generation,’’ he said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by BuhariLooter(m): 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
Meanwhile!!! Are Lagosians really getting all they are drained for? The land use charge.. The tolls.. The uncountable levies.. The bad roads.. The dirty environs.. Etc... Are Lagosians being CHEATED is a question one must ask him/her self..

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Melancho: 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
Everybody can talk to OBJ anyhow these days.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by geolabious(m): 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
Punch Line

1 Like

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Ascoy: 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hahah
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Ascoy: 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lol
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Tweetums(f): 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2019
Both na 80 yrs plus

1 Like

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by LuciferAdvocate(m): 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
I wasn't expecting this From the Alake though.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by GentleMoney: 7:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hmmm..
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Israelfx2(m): 7:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by kolnel: 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
lol

Positive criticism is welcome in every sane environment

But supporting an international thief (atiku)is a no no

Obasanjo can keep shooting his mouth wide
No sane mind will take him serious
Whao ky protecting his personal interest

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Base1line: 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
Have you asked Abia Enugu n Ebonyi who are your tribesmen the same thing or you are just being foolish like every PDP senseless Igbos or are election not holding in those shithole you Igbos have been ruling since 1999 ?
BuhariLooter:
Meanwhile!!!
Are Lagosians really getting all they are drained for?
The land use charge..
The tolls..
The uncountable levies..
The bad roads..
The dirty environs..
Etc...
Are Lagosians being CHEATED is a question one must ask him/her self..

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by DorcasCraft(f): 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
I feel sad for my country
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by BuhariLooter(m): 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
VOTE JIMI AGBAJE. VOTE BETTER LIFE VOTE PDP BABY!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by graccce: 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
Both bubu and obasanjo with you combine should rest,, we are tired of hearing the same names over and over again.

By the way when is Atiku going to court.
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by highdon(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
APC VOTE BE LIKE IJEBU GARRI. WHEN IT REACHES INEC OFFICE E GO JUST SWELL

6 Likes

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by MrMcJay(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:
Meanwhile!!!
The land use charge..
The tolls..
The uncountable levies..
The bad roads..
The dirty environs..
Etc...

The question you should ask yourself is why 6,000 Nigerians migrate to Lagos EVERY DAY and not your own state.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by BuhariLooter(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lagos has the ports and proximity. So the issue of cost does not hold water as kano is more densely populated than lagos while being virtually unmapped.
Ganduje got kickbacks, which is very bad, but doing more work or in tandem with lagos, one must ask is the allocation of lagos kickbacks?
In comparison to other states, majority receive an average of N60bn with salaries gulping N40bn - N45bn.
But lagos earns over N300bn on allocation(officially) while unaccounted revenue is at its highest peak, why are world class infrastructures not seen but rather Kano state with less in all comparison is at par with lagos on infrastructure?
Are lagosians being cheated?!!!

VOTE JIMI AGBAJE.

VOTE BETTER LIFE

VOTE PDP BABY!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Zorbadezinc: 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
Ok
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by MrMcJay(m): 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:
I wasn't expecting this From the Alake though.

Since you guys can't tell Baba the truth, the Alake is interested in doing that.

You won't like it cos the Alake said the truth.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by SaintLucia: 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:
Meanwhile!!!
The land use charge..
The tolls..
The uncountable levies..
The bad roads..
The dirty environs..
Etc...
Leave Lagos alone and go back to your village. You are not destine to make it in Lagos so stop complaining, roll up your trouser, shirt sleeves, and pull your trouser up meaning double your hustle, it's not a must u live in Lagos. Olori pelebe. U people won't have come to Lagos if Lagos remain stagnant like your state.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by MrMcJay(m): 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:
Lagos has the ports and proximity. So the issue of cost does not hold water as kano is more densely populated than lagos while being virtually unmapped.
Ganduje got kickbacks, which is very bad, but doing more work or in tandem with lagos, one must ask is the allocation of lagos kickbacks?
In comparison to other states, majority receive an average of N60bn with salaries gulping N40bn - N45bn.
But lagos earns over N300bn on allocation(officially) while unaccounted revenue is at its highest peak, why are world class infrastructures not seen but rather Kano state with less in all comparison is at par with lagos on infrastructure?
Are lagosians being cheated?!!!

VOTE JIMI AGBAJE.

VOTE BETTER LIFE

VOTE PDP BABY!!!

We have seen what PDP did in Bayelsa with huge allocations.

We have seen what PDP did in Delta with huge allocations.

PDP that couldn't complete its secretariat in 16 years is what you want to force on Lagosians?

Our reply for you is not on Nairaland, you'll get it on Saturday.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by landmark86: 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
If you truly believe that the more OBASANJO they age the more his SENSE they drop let me see your hands up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Gboom: 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:
Meanwhile!!!
The land use charge..
The tolls..
The uncountable levies..
The bad roads..
The dirty environs..
Etc...
Until you show this forum your tax returns, remain silent or go back to ya village

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by SocialFinance: 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
Will OBJ ever listen.

I guess he was the letter writer in their village when he was young

This with diarrhea of the mouth will never allow him to listen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by oloriLFC(f): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
Base1line:
Have you asked Abia Enugu n Ebonyi who are you tribesmen the same thing or you are just being foolish like every PDP senseless Igbos or are election not holding in those shithole you Igbos have been ruling since 1999 ?
why u dey use anger type na? undecided That first line confuse me oo
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Is04970: 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
Base1line:
Have you asked Abia Enugu n Ebonyi who are you tribesmen the same thing or you are just being foolish like every PDP senseless Igbos or are election not holding in those shithole you Igbos have been ruling since 1999 ?
Thanks for you answer sir.
Ibori appointed a governor for Delta state while being chained to a prison floor in the UK.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2019
vegafbs:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/03/05/stop-attacking-buhari-take-rest-82-alake-advises-obasanjo/

The Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Aremu Gbadebo, on Tuesday advised former President Olusegun Obasanjo to desist from his ceaseless attacks on President Muhammadu Buhari.

Alake gave the advice in his goodwill message to mark the 82nd birthday anniversary of Obasanjo at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta.

Gbadebo, who noted that Obasanjo had been ‘‘a warrior’’ all his life, urged him to rest, fight less and rather take a position of a consultant at his new age.

‘‘At 82 years, I think you should keep your sword more rather than use it always,’’ he said.

The Alake, who served as a military officer during the military administration of Muhammadu Buhari between 1984 and 1985, said he had always told Obasanjo to leave his boss (Buhari) alone.

Obasanjo, who responded to goodwill messages from friends, family members and well wishers at the programme, responded by saying that the issues between him and Buhari were not personal.

According to the elder statesman, governance is not a family affair, adding that democracy involves criticisms and consideration of all sides to an issue.

‘‘There is nothing personal between President Buhari and I.

‘‘In a democracy, you can criticise a policy, a government or a leader because democracy is not a family affair.

‘‘If it is my brother that is occupying the leadership role and he is not doing what I believe he should do, he must be criticised and that is what democracy is all about.

‘‘I have been in that position longer than any Nigerian will ever be there.

‘‘So if I say anybody in government in Nigeria is not doing well, let that government prove that it is doing well,’’ he said.

Earlier, former Minister of Home Affairs of the Republic of South Africa, Mr. Mangosuthu Buthelezi, delivered a lecture entitled: ‘‘Colonialism, Apartheid, Freedom and South Africa Rising.’’

Buthelezi, in the lecture, identified corruption as the biggest challenge facing the African continent.

He expressed concern that South Africa currently ranked so poorly on the Corruption Perceptions Index of the Transparency International.

The former South-African Minister attributed the development to ‘‘the mistakes we have made, allowing resources to be consumed by greed and abuse.’’

Buthelezi, who noted that only six countries in the African Union had ranked above 50 on the corruption index, stressed that ‘‘corruption is pervasive throughout the region.

‘‘This is difficult to hear and perhaps, it stirs our anger. We must, however, accept the facts and fix them.

‘‘When we consider countries like Seychelles and Botswana who have become paragons of excellence, we need to ask what they did to achieve this.

‘‘We know that Botswana, for instance, reinforced its legal and institutional frameworks and made resources available specifically to fight corruption.

‘‘There are measures we can take and we must take them.

“If we can overcome these challenges in Africa, we will open the possibilities for growth, development and social justice that were the dreams of my generation,’’ he said.

The so-called Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Aremu Gbadebo is just a pitiless fool. If at 82, Obasanjo keeps his mouth shut and fails to criticism, what good is his wisdom at such age?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP 'll Lose Bayelsa Governorship Poll To APC, Says Timi Frank / Troops Raid, Destroy IPOB, ESN Supreme Headquarters In Anambra / Obama To Send High-powered Delegation To Buhari’s Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.