Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo (22849 Views)

Attacking Buhari Won’t Save You - Atiku Tells Tinubu / Farooq Kperogi: Tinubu Is Attacking Buhari Because He Won't Be President / Obi To Buhari: Take Pictures With Impactful Nigerians, Not Worthless Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by MYHUBBY: 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
Base1line:
Have you asked Abia Enugu n Ebonyi who are your tribesmen the same thing or you are just being foolish like every PDP senseless Igbos or are election not holding in those shithole you Igbos have been ruling since 1999 ?

thank you for breathing sense inside that lost immigrant dumb skull

Ori e a kan oke omoluabi

as for obj he should not rest with his criticism but he has no right to impose anyone on Nigerians, not even the known thief he once wrote a whole chapter for in his useless book
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by meetoba: 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
We can not all be dogmatic.....
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by seguntijan(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
BETWEEN ATIKU & THE ELECTION TRIBUNAL.

Tribunal : Atiku, did u win ur own polling unit?

ATIKU: No my lord.

Tribunal : Did u win the polling unit in ur village Jada, Adamawa State?

Atiku: No my lord.

Tribunal : Did ur godfather (Obj) win his polling unit?

Atiku : No my lord.

Tribunal : Did ur financier (IBB) win his polling unit?

Atiku: No my lord.

Tribunal : Did ur spokesman ( Buba Galadima) win his polling unit?

Tribunal : Did one of ur strongest backers ( Kwankwanso) win his polling unit?

Tribunal: In all honesty, do u think votes in any of these aforementioned polling units were rigged, since u and these mighty men were present there?

Tribunal : So why did u bring us here? Do u think we came here to play? U couldn't win ur polling unit, the one in your village and u are crying that u won the election?
If u couldn't win the election in polling units, where u are so sure , how then can u claim to have won in other units far from you? In fact, u just wasted our time...Please, u have no case. Get out of our court...U are a sore loser..

Atiku: Thank u my lord. Am sorry. Just that they told me I will win.

Tribunal : Who told u?

Atiku: My lord. It is all these prophets oo.

Tribunal : OK, go and meet them and collect ur money.. haba , can't u just use ur head? If u or your supporters believe that u and all ur gladiators lost their polling units and yet won the elections, then something must be wrong with u..This is why our education is going bad, because simple logic our children cannot put together..

Tribunal : CASE STRUCK OUT...No case submission.. All rise..���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by smalls001: 9:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
espeeroke:

There is something fundamentally wrong with how these Buharists reason. Shallow, momentous and preposterous.

OBJ na their father.... Take that! Even Buhari, the tyrant will never dispute that

Sorry bro...Flash News, the era of elder, or father or whatever name they call it is gone. OBJ's lost it.
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by Stillthebest: 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
vegafbs:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/03/05/stop-attacking-buhari-take-rest-82-alake-advises-obasanjo/

The Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Aremu Gbadebo, on Tuesday advised former President Olusegun Obasanjo to desist from his ceaseless attacks on President Muhammadu Buhari.

Alake gave the advice in his goodwill message to mark the 82nd birthday anniversary of Obasanjo at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta.

Gbadebo, who noted that Obasanjo had been ‘‘a warrior’’ all his life, urged him to rest, fight less and rather take a position of a consultant at his new age.

‘‘At 82 years, I think you should keep your sword more rather than use it always,’’ he said.

The Alake, who served as a military officer during the military administration of Muhammadu Buhari between 1984 and 1985, said he had always told Obasanjo to leave his boss (Buhari) alone.

Obasanjo, who responded to goodwill messages from friends, family members and well wishers at the programme, responded by saying that the issues between him and Buhari were not personal.

According to the elder statesman, governance is not a family affair, adding that democracy involves criticisms and consideration of all sides to an issue.

‘‘There is nothing personal between President Buhari and I.

‘‘In a democracy, you can criticise a policy, a government or a leader because democracy is not a family affair.

‘‘If it is my brother that is occupying the leadership role and he is not doing what I believe he should do, he must be criticised and that is what democracy is all about.

‘I have been in that position longer than any Nigerian will ever be there.

South Africa Rising.’’

Buthelezi, in the lecture, identified corruption as the biggest challenge facing the African continent.

He expressed concern that South Africa currently ranked so poorly on the Corruption Perceptions Index of the Transparency International.

The former South-African Minister attributed the development to ‘‘the mistakes we have made, allowing resources to be consumed by greed and abuse.’’

Buthelezi, who noted that only six countries in the African Union had ranked above 50 on the corruption index, stressed that ‘‘corruption is pervasive throughout the region.

‘‘This is difficult to hear and perhaps, it stirs our anger. We must, however, accept the facts and fix them.

‘‘When we consider countries like Seychelles and Botswana who have become paragons of excellence, we need to ask what they did to achieve this.

‘‘We know that Botswana, for instance, reinforced its legal and institutional frameworks and made resources available specifically to fight corruption.

‘‘There are measures we can take and we must take them.

“If we can overcome these challenges in Africa, we will open the possibilities for growth, development and social justice that were the dreams of my generation,’’ he said.
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by abokikhalifa: 10:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
BuhariLooter:
Meanwhile!!!
Are Lagosians really getting all they are drained for?
The land use charge..
The tolls..
The uncountable levies..
The bad roads..
The dirty environs..
Etc...
Are Lagosians being CHEATED is a question one must ask him/her self..

Focus on your potopoto east man
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by bionixs: 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
MrMcJay:

But when royal fathers were endorsing Atiku, you didn't know, abi?

Obasanjo, Atiku, Obi, Gbenga and Co don chop sand.

Cry all you can, insult all you like, e no concern me.
I didn't know about that. if it is true,then they are disgrace to our throne. that they are royal father's who are running after their tummy shouldn't make me not to think properly.
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by MrMcJay(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
bionixs:
because lagos was the federal capital. come make people migrate to oshogbo na,shebi na Yoruba land abi?

The capital extended from Bonny Camp to Yaba. Lekki, Ikeja, Anthony, Ajah, VI and other parts were part of Western Region.

Ikeja has the highest number of industrial complexes in this country, they were developed by the Western Region.

Why is Ikeja Local Government more developed than your entire state today?
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by ofwest47(m): 1:21am On Mar 06, 2019
The Alake of Egba land Kabiyesi o! for telling Obasanjo the truth. As an Egba boy I am one of your sons. The major Obasanjo's issues against Buhari was the recommendation by one of your daughters and former minister of finance Kemi Adeosun who revealed to Buhari how he Obasanjo has been corruptly and continuously using the Federal might to pay his private workers salary several years since leaving office. The stoppage of which did not go down well with him _Obasanjo. It was even on these revelations that brought about the stepping down of Kemi Adeosun over N Y S C issue when as a lady of over 30 years was accused of not in possession of N Y S C certifcate.
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by bionixs: 2:16am On Mar 06, 2019
MrMcJay:

The capital extended from Bonny Camp to Yaba. Lekki, Ikeja, Anthony, Ajah, VI and other parts were part of Western Region.

Ikeja has the highest number of industrial complexes in this country, they were developed by the Western Region.

Why is Ikeja Local Government more developed than your entire state today?
western region? call names of individuals who developed them not region. ?How many businesses are owned and operated by westerners? In Lagos,how many houses industries are owned by people of your region ?
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by MrMcJay(m): 3:03am On Mar 06, 2019
bionixs:
western region? call names of individuals who developed them not region. ?How many businesses are owned and operated by westerners? In Lagos,how many houses industries are owned by people of your region ?

Individuals don't own industries, individuals own firms. I guess it's firms you're referring to as industries.

Why don't you go to Ikeja and find out? Must I spoonfeed you?

Awolowo established some, Jakande established others. Fashola revived some moribund ones and established free trade zone in ibeju.

Everyone is welcome to invest in Lagos. But when in Lagos, don't complain. If it didn't favour you, you won't be in Lagos making money.

I won't be drawn into a tribal fight with you, that's beneath me. Those who engage in it are also beneath me.

1 Like

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by ejimatic: 6:24am On Mar 06, 2019
vegafbs:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/03/05/stop-attacking-buhari-take-rest-82-alake-advises-obasanjo/

The Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Aremu Gbadebo, on Tuesday advised former President Olusegun Obasanjo to desist from his ceaseless attacks on President Muhammadu Buhari.

Alake gave the advice in his goodwill message to mark the 82nd birthday anniversary of Obasanjo at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta.

Gbadebo, who noted that Obasanjo had been ‘‘a warrior’’ all his life, urged him to rest, fight less and rather take a position of a consultant at his new age.

‘‘At 82 years, I think you should keep your sword more rather than use it always,’’ he said.

The Alake, who served as a military officer during the military administration of Muhammadu Buhari between 1984 and 1985, said he had always told Obasanjo to leave his boss (Buhari) alone.

Obasanjo, who responded to goodwill messages from friends, family members and well wishers at the programme, responded by saying that the issues between him and Buhari were not personal.

According to the elder statesman, governance is not a family affair, adding that democracy involves criticisms and consideration of all sides to an issue.

‘‘There is nothing personal between President Buhari and I.

‘‘In a democracy, you can criticise a policy, a government or a leader because democracy is not a family affair.

‘‘If it is my brother that is occupying the leadership role and he is not doing what I believe he should do, he must be criticised and that is what democracy is all about.

‘‘I have been in that position longer than any Nigerian will ever be there.

‘‘So if I say anybody in government in Nigeria is not doing well, let that government prove that it is doing well,’’ he said.

Earlier, former Minister of Home Affairs of the Republic of South Africa, Mr. Mangosuthu Buthelezi, delivered a lecture entitled: ‘‘Colonialism, Apartheid, Freedom and South Africa Rising.’’

Buthelezi, in the lecture, identified corruption as the biggest challenge facing the African continent.

He expressed concern that South Africa currently ranked so poorly on the Corruption Perceptions Index of the Transparency International.

The former South-African Minister attributed the development to ‘‘the mistakes we have made, allowing resources to be consumed by greed and abuse.’’

Buthelezi, who noted that only six countries in the African Union had ranked above 50 on the corruption index, stressed that ‘‘corruption is pervasive throughout the region.

‘‘This is difficult to hear and perhaps, it stirs our anger. We must, however, accept the facts and fix them.

‘‘When we consider countries like Seychelles and Botswana who have become paragons of excellence, we need to ask what they did to achieve this.

‘‘We know that Botswana, for instance, reinforced its legal and institutional frameworks and made resources available specifically to fight corruption.

‘‘There are measures we can take and we must take them.

“If we can overcome these challenges in Africa, we will open the possibilities for growth, development and social justice that were the dreams of my generation,’’ he said.
. Kabiyesi oooo
Please leave Obasanjo.He is not different from other Nigerians on Nairaland...citizens of Nigeria... Withyje outcome of the Febuaru election however he is politically dead and irrelevant in Nigeria.
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by DKERIAN(m): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2019
If he stops what is the essence of Democracy then,Aleke pls answer us?
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by bionixs: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2019
MrMcJay:

Individuals don't own industries, individuals own firms. I guess it's firms you're referring to as industries.

Why don't you go to Ikeja and find out? Must I spoonfeed you?

Awolowo established some, Jakande established others. Fashola revived some moribund ones and established free trade zone in ibeju.

Everyone is welcome to invest in Lagos. But when in Lagos, don't complain. If it didn't favour you, you won't be in Lagos making money.

I won't be drawn into a tribal fight with you, that's beneath me. Those who engage in it are also beneath me.
I don't still get you. for the definition of industry,check your dictionary or google
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by doctorEkene: 7:57am On Mar 06, 2019
DorcasCraft:
I feel sad for my country

Are you into golden shower

1 Like

Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by orisa37: 9:01am On Mar 06, 2019
Moses didn't stop at whatever age and infirmity to lead the Israelites out of Egypt to the Promised Land.
OBJ is on a Mission for God and for the Redemption of Nigeria.
Happy Birthday OBJ.
The Lord is with U.
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by DorcasCraft(f): 10:16am On Mar 06, 2019
doctorEkene:

Are you into golden shower
maybe
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by espeeroke: 10:57am On Mar 06, 2019
smalls001:

Sorry bro...Flash News, the era of elder, or father or whatever name they call it is gone. OBJ's lost it.

Lost what?

Hope you heard how Buhari, the tyrant, your idol bowed for Obasanjo in his remark yesterday on his birthday? OBJ na Baba. If you know you know
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by doctorEkene: 11:15am On Mar 06, 2019
DorcasCraft:
maybe

Where u based and what is involved
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by DorcasCraft(f): 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
doctorEkene:

Where u based and what is involved
Abuja,Paper is involved#winks
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by smalls001: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
espeeroke:

Lost what?

Hope you heard how Buhari, the tyrant, your idol bowed for Obasanjo in his remark yesterday on his birthday? OBJ na Baba. If you know you know

Is that what makes you happy??.....Good luck!!
Re: Stop Attacking Buhari, Take Rest At 82, Alake Advises Obasanjo by espeeroke: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
smalls001:

Is that what makes you happy??.....Good luck!!

Ha ha ha. You see yourself? It is very agonising hating who God likes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Moves To Stop Importation Of Bitumen / DR Congo Officials Burgle Nigerian Embassy / 2023: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Bakare Favoured Presidential Hopefuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.