Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,222 members, 7,849,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (21302 Views)

Who Is Jimi Agbaje's Deputy? / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
sucess001:

Stop being a tribal bigot. We are all equal everywhere in Naija. And I am a Yoruba boy. Born and bred in lagos

Tribal bigot ! definitely not me , well i donnt feel bothered that you misinterpreted my point.
we all are equal everywhere indeed , have you ever heard association of yorubas anywhere near east making strong demands & opposing there govt.
We live a civilise world , its not just about freedom of these n that , fairness must be sustained , donnt do in my house what you can tolerate in your own domain ..simple.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

You're a retardedd cretin!

Where were you whe 50 egbesu ijo boys decimated your amala and ewedu women organization at Ajegunle?

try n watch the danfo drivers as yu hawk gala n drinks! pele
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
ehissi:

Immediately after the National census was held. That you will even ask such a question suggest that you are not a lagosian or resident in lagos between 1999-2007 or you were still very much a child, unaware of the happenings in lagos.

But don't take my word for it. Look up Lagos state in wikipedia or Google lagos state population census......

I partook of that census so I know

Give me a link to any news on this census.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by SuperIgbo1(m): 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
ericsmith:

try n watch the danfo drivers as yu hawk gala n drinks! pele

Nobody hawks better than yoruba women.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Nobody hawks better than yoruba women.

funny guy .. just as nobody hawk sex better than SE/SS women ... prostitution naa there own form of nysc

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
Bulleye:

O to ge f'omo Ale Yoruba L'eko. Omo Osun has no say in Lagos politics but Omo Igbo does. What hypocrisy! O to ge f'omo Igbo L'eko
What then is the difference between Igbos in Lagos and osun people in Lagos? Are they more in number than Igbos or do they have more investments in Lagos than Igbos? The same way you left your village to Lagos is still the same way I left my town to come to Lagos. If you have a stake here in Lagos then Igbos have greater stake cos one, we outnumber you and two we have invested more in Lagos than osun people. Get that?
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
Mayor08:

Really thought you were sensible
King Solomon, epitome of wisdom. Come make we die here!
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Baselm: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
Balkan:
The truth is that the last election was full of rigging for Buhari in Lagos State . Igbos in Lagos are more than 5 million. If 2 millions come to vote for PDP that means APC is gone.

Igbos will win up to 7 seats in Lagos Assembly come Saturday.

Our vote will be the decider. I am happy that most lgbo guy are relocating to Lagos everyday to stay and establish. While Yorubas are moving out towards Ogun state due to high cost of rent.

PDP will win on Sat.

Tell me something I don't know. So out of the 21 million plus Lagos population, only Igbo's 5 million is relevant. Professor
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by PapaAdanna: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
I see no divisive campaign... All I see is fear and hypocrisy resting on the heads of all the afonjas in Lagos, scared to the bones to go against the will of their demi god.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by SuperIgbo1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2019
ericsmith:

funny guy .. just as nobody hawk sex better than SE/SS women ... prostitution naa there own form of nysc

Even for free, no sane person wants sex from yoruba women.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Ugosample(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
nairavsdollars:
In the history of Lagos politics, no politician has ran a divisive, ethnic-based and tribalistic campaign like Jimi Agbaje, governorship candidate of the PDP.

When Jimi Agbaje contested the 2007 governorship election under the defunct Democratic Peoples Allliance (DPA), he ran a very robust, issue-based campaign which was acceptable to all Lagosians.

Fast forward to 2015, Jimi Agbaje began a campaign of calumny which seeks to knock the heads of Yorubas living in Lagos against non-indigenes, especially our Igbo brothers from South- East. His promise to elevate Eze Ndigbo to the status of Oba of Lagos greatly angered Oba Rilwan Akiolu, making him to utter the notorious 'perish in the Lagoon' comment?

Now Agbaje as the PDP governorship candidate is running the same campaign again which has pitched Igbos living in Lagos against Yoruba. We say enough is enough.

Yeyesewa of Lagos

the last time I checked

it was APC thugs scattering igbo dominated areas

And oluomo has been running his mouth

so who is playing the tribal politics
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by ehissi(m): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
ehissi:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos#Census_data_for_Lagos

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2013/08/30/20130830N01.html

https://www.nigerianmuse.com/20070207234037zg/sections/important-documents/document-errors-miscalculations-omissions-in-lagos-census-figures/

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/threads/lagos-releases-parallel-census-result.7577/

Read the links you posted. Lagos only projected it's population to 17m for planning and rejected the 6m given to it by the federal government. So they never conducted any census and whatever they say is a political statement.

Next time use your brain before writing nonsense on the internet.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by ehissi(m): 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
schoolboij:

Read the links you posted. Lagos only projected it's population to 17m for planning and rejected the 6m given to it by the federal government. So they never conducted any census and whatever they say is a political statement.

Next time use your brain before writing nonsense on the internet.

My brother, I and my family in Lagos, partook in Lagos State Population Census. I guess you were too young or probably not anywhere near lagos then to remember it.

How the hell do you arrive at population census data without undertaking an actual census?

NPC is statutorily saddle with burden of organising census. That figure is used for the purpose of planning national and is taken into account at Abuja, when funds are to be shared amongst states.

Infact, if you even were aware, it was one of the reasons tinubu accused Obasanjo of betraying the southwest, by rating Kano more populous than lagos, he undermined Lagos state's potential allocation from FG, at a time Lagos state was seeking special status from FG.

If you don't believe, ask any civil servant who was in service before 2006 in Lagos state and is currently in service this question; Did Lagos state undertake its own population census in Lagos state seperate from FG's population census, Yes or No?

The answer to that question will determine who is making proper use of the brain and who is posting nonsense on the internet.

Indomie generation............

N.B: Let me guess, you just read the Wikipedia link and arrived at your own conclusion ba? Lazy youth of nowadays una no even dey bother to read......smh.

Screenshot below is from Nigeriamuse.com. That was a document written by Lagos state government defending it own figures based on how it undertook it own census, as its own census cannot receive National recognition outside the scope of what NPC had already presented at Abuja.

1 Share

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by KunleyY19(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
The Guy is Not Ready...(Financially and Strategy Wise)

2007- Fashola Came "Baba Ni Governor" slogan

2015- Ambode came "AmBo Ooo"

2019- Sanwo Olu Is out with "Sanwo Eko, Eko ah Sanwa Ooo" "Sanwo Eh"

But jimi no slogan nothing nothing since 2015 he hasn't coined anything like "Agbaje Ooo!!! A je a gbe wa ooo"
And you expect to win over the local populace like Market women, artisans, Nurtw etc...

Even his counterpart in Oyo came out with "Omituntun" "Seyi E da" etc and it has reverberated well amidst the local the real voters...

The man doesn't seem to have political OT...
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2019
ehissi:

My brother, I and my family in Lagos, partook in Lagos State Population Census. I guess you were too young or probably not anywhere near lagos then to remember it.

How the hell do you arrive at population census data without undertaking an actual census?

NPC is statutorily saddle with burden of organising census. That figure is used for the purpose of planning national and is taken into account at Abuja, when funds are to be shared amongst states.

Infact, if you even were aware, it was one of the reasons tinubu accused Obasanjo of betraying the southwest, by rating Kano more populous than lagos, he undermined Lagos state's potential allocation from FG, at a time Lagos state was seeking special status from FG.

If you don't believe, ask any civil servant who was in service before 2006 in Lagos state and is currently in service this question; Did Lagos state undertake its own population census in Lagos state seperate from FG's population census, Yes or No?

The answer to that question will determine who is making proper use of the brain and who is posting nonsense on the internet.

Indomie generation............

N.B: Let me guess, you just read the Wikipedia link and arrived at your own conclusion ba? Lazy youth of nowadays una no even dey bother to read......smh.

Screenshot below is from Nigeriamuse.com. That was a document written by Lagos state government defending it own figures based on how it undertook it own census, as its own census cannot receive National recognition outside the scope of what NPC had already presented at Abuja.

You are just too dumb! Why did the census in your picture had to be in quote? It means it wasn't a census but a projection. Stop quoting me if you don't have a brain. Lagos State never had a census!
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by ehissi(m): 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
schoolboij:

You are just too dumb! Why did the census in your picture had to be in quote? It means it wasn't a census but a projection. Stop quoting me if you don't have a brain. Lagos State never had a census!

It was in quotes because Lagos state government is not the NPC. Its like Lagos state saying after the governorship elections next week that it wants to hold its own election.

Whatever is the outcome of that election cannot be recognised because INEC is the only body statutorily empowered to organise elections.

If you read the entire document, which I guess you didn't, you would have noticed the preparations they made for their census, the polling booths and ballots that Lagos state printed for the purpose of it own census. The procedure, logistics and manner in which their census was held was documented in that write up, a write up that was written in defence for why their figure should be accepted as opposed to the figures presented by NPC - my guess is you were too intelligent to notice that while you read it...... undecided

Also calling me dumb doesnt make you smart, nor right, just shallow minded at best, naive at worst.

Plus you still seem to lack the balls to take me up on my challenge. Engage someone who is a civil servant in Lagos state that was in service before 2006 and is in service now. Ask the question, Did Lagos state organise its own census, Yes or No?

I raised that challenge because, when that census held - as is the practice of Lagos state government - they threatened their Civil servant to participate or risk being fired. They kept telling them, that their Census number can be demanded from them at anytime and not to have one was to risk their jobs.

My mother retired as a Civil servant from Lagos state just last year, so I am aware of that.........
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Ugosample(m): 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
Dee60:

It is indeed quite sad that at this point in our history those who have benefited so much from the system now want to destroy it before they exit.

Many of these politicians went to secondary schools sponsored by missionaries where they got the best of education for next to nothing, unlike now that you pay through your nose to even send your ward to primary school.

They attended universities in those days of heavily subsidised university education where they paid next to nothing for accommodation and for feeding due to heavy subsidies, and when tuition was free. They even schooled abroad at the expense of the federal government.

In their days, you are guaranteed a job once you graduate, and you got a car within a year or two.

Their generation did not talk tribe. Yorubas were in Federal Government College, Kaura Namoda and Sokoto and Igbos were in Government College, Odogbolu. They ate and played soccer together and no one spoke about tribe.

Now they are rich and old, and they want to scatter the table by inciting one tribe against the other.

I wish that our youth can be discerning and shun those who try to divide the nation, just for their own good.

Agreed, the other party in Lagos need to be curbed of their excesses, but the people should not just scuttle the progress the state has currently, until there is a better proposition, apart from tribal jingles.

You have said it all

the political class has used tribalism to divide and destroy this country

And the masses being the fools that they largely are cannot see
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 07, 2019
ehissi:

It was in quotes because Lagos state government is not the NPC. Its like Lagos state saying after the governorship elections next week that it wants to hold its own election.

Whatever is the outcome of that election cannot be recognised because INEC is the only body statutorily empowered to organise elections.

If you read the entire document, which I guess you didn't, you would have noticed the preparations they made for their census, the polling booths and ballots that Lagos state printed for the purpose of it own census. The procedure, logistics and manner in which their census was held was documented in that write up, a write up that was written in defence for why their figure should be accepted as opposed to the figures presented by NPC - my guess is you were too intelligent to notice that while you read it...... undecided

Also calling me dumb doesnt make you smart, nor right, just shallow minded at best, naive at worst.

Plus you still seem to lack the balls to take me up on my challenge. Engage someone who is a civil servant in Lagos state that was in service before 2006 and is in service now. Ask the question, Did Lagos state organise its own census, Yes or No?

I raised that challenge because, when that census held - as is the practice of Lagos state government - they threatened their Civil servant to participate or risk being fired. They kept telling them, that their Census number can be demanded from them at anytime and not to have one was to risk their jobs.

My mother retired as a Civil servant from Lagos state just last year, so I am aware of that.........

Apart from NPC, does Lagos State have its own body that carry out census? What is the name?

Please stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by BANJEX38: 12:46am On Mar 08, 2019
My fellow Yorubas lets do some little introspection and drop this tribe bashing and division and think like progressives (not APC). Is this the Lagos of your dream?
Firstly, I have discovered that it is so easy to please Nigerians and unfortunately this APC government has failed to get the little things right.
Secondly, they are the incumbent party why so much desperation and slander. There actions and inactions after all these years should be enough to earn them another 4 years. After all action they say speaks louder than words.
Finally, any true progressive should welcome competition as it is a reality check for you to know how valuable and efficient you have performed in the past.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Jaideyone(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2019
Afam4eva:

That's how you people go about lying like kids. At no time did Agbaje say he will upgrade the Eze Ndigbo to the same level as the Oba of Lagos. If anybody is divisssive, it is the APC governemt who are hell bent on twarting democracy by intimidating people who they think do not want to vote for them.
lol even afam4eva is calling someone out like this. your dark days of tribalism on nairaland is very much fresh in our memory. you are a bigot in flesh and blood even when you've editted the posts. you still remain a bigot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

₦5.5b Budget To Buy Cars For Senate Officers Will Equip NPF With 36 Helicopters / Andy Uba Denies Kidnapping Ngige In 2003 / Dino Melaye Challenges Jonathan & Buhari To Liver Test As Tweeters React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.