Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (21297 Views)

Who Is Jimi Agbaje's Deputy? / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by vanvicker(m): 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
I don't like making comments or remarks on any platform at all, but this unreasonable comment of yours,
Kindly read all the thrash you typed, think as a rational and reasonable human being. Then write a more appropriate comment.

Balkan:
The truth is that the last election was full of rigging for Buhari in Lagos State . Igbos in Lagos are more than 5 million. If 2 millions come to vote for PDP that means APC is gone.

Igbos will win up to 7 seats in Lagos Assembly come Saturday.

Our vote will be the decider. I am happy that most lgbo guy are relocating to Lagos everyday to stay and establish. While Yorubas are moving out towards Ogun state due to high cost of rent.

PDP will win on Sat.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by soothsayer2: 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
I am a full blooded Igbo man but I believe the Yoruba's need to rise up and defend their identity, land, and culture. It's unfortunate to say this but the truth needs to be said by someone. We the Igbo's can no longer continue to be territorial in another mans land. We go to a place, they welcome us with an open hand, we establish there and prosper and the only way to show appreciation to them is to declare their land a "no man's land" How is this possible? Every land has indigenes.

What the Yoruba's are tolerating even we the Igbo's will not tolerate the same in our land. Why is it possible I can move to Lagos or any Yoruba land and willfully acquire any choice land at any part of Yoruba land as long as I have the means yet we cannot accord the same opportunity and privilege to Yoruba's in Igbo land? In my place no matter how much a Yoruba man is willing to buy land, that land will not be sold to him.

There is a serious need for equity from all sides. The Yoruba's must be accorded what they accord us. The Yoruba's must demand what is theirs. In Igbo land, Igbo's speak with one voice and foreigners cannot Influence things in our land. If we have Eze Igbo in Yoruba land, why then can't we have Oba of Yoruba in Igbo land? Yoruba's must stand up and defend that which is theirs. The liberality of the Yoruba's must be reciprocated by others. You can easily be a house of assembly member in Yoruba land even as an Igbo man or Akwa Ibom person but can we say the same in Igbo land?

You people must rise and defend what is yours. Elections in your land cannot continue to be decided by foreigners. It cannot happen in my place, so why would you Yoruba's allow it? Being too nice is foolishness. Defend what is yours now or forever lose it."

Do you agree or disagree with Lawrence Ibe?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Bulleye(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
Tinubu political ideology should be replicated and modified with time throughout Yoruba Land.Imagine a political candidate does not have to spend a dime to win election. Imagine a political structure that campaigns with no financial input from the candidate. The Igbo politicians cannot compromise Tinubu with their money hence their hatred towards him . pure and simple. However Agbaje can be bought so they invest in him .It is not normal for Igbo politicians to support Yoruba seeking political office . Agbaje is an Igbo project and so should be rejected by Yoruba and other non-Igbo in Lagos because Igbo politics is driving his campaign.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
Bulleye:

For your information I am into manufacturing and knows cutting edge technology rules modern world. Igbo approach to businesses is different from that of Yoruba and I am pursuing that .Yoruba are different from Igbo and our values are not same.
Are you a lagosian to start with or from osun like your god Tinubu? see oke afo agbero wey dey claim manufacturer, if you want to learn practical business and if you want to become an industrialist or a manufacturer you come and learn from the masters, your skull mining tribe is ways behind our grade in this regard.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Bulleye(m): 1:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Are you a lagosian to start with or from osun like your god Tinubu? see oke afo agbero wey dey claim manufacturer, if you want to learn practical business and if you want to become an industrialist or a manufacturer you come and learn from the masters, your skull mining tribe is ways behind our grade in this regard.
My father was into farming and local gin (ogogoro) manufacture. From there I learnt rudiments of manufacturing which have grown and developed over time .Now I sit before HMI manipulating parameters that shape quality of products that meet customer demand. Imagine being rated best process technician that is entrusted with multi-billion naira machines processing multi-million naira raw material on daily process. Contact me on running plants with minimal human interaction.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 1:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
soothsayer2:
I am a full blooded Igbo man but I believe the Yoruba's need to rise up and defend their identity, land, and culture. It's unfortunate to say this but the truth needs to be said by someone. We the Igbo's can no longer continue to be territorial in another mans land. We go to a place, they welcome us with an open hand, we establish there and prosper and the only way to show appreciation to them is to declare their land a "no man's land" How is this possible? Every land has indigenes.

What the Yoruba's are tolerating even we the Igbo's will not tolerate the same in our land. Why is it possible I can move to Lagos or any Yoruba land and willfully acquire any choice land at any part of Yoruba land as long as I have the means yet we cannot accord the same opportunity and privilege to Yoruba's in Igbo land? In my place no matter how much a Yoruba man is willing to buy land, that land will not be sold to him.

There is a serious need for equity from all sides. The Yoruba's must be accorded what they accord us. The Yoruba's must demand what is theirs. In Igbo land, Igbo's speak with one voice and foreigners cannot Influence things in our land. If we have Eze Igbo in Yoruba land, why then can't we have Oba of Yoruba in Igbo land? Yoruba's must stand up and defend that which is theirs. The liberality of the Yoruba's must be reciprocated by others. You can easily be a house of assembly member in Yoruba land even as an Igbo man or Akwa Ibom person but can we say the same in Igbo land?

You people must rise and defend what is yours. Elections in your land cannot continue to be decided by foreigners. It cannot happen in my place, so why would you Yoruba's allow it? Being too nice is foolishness. Defend what is yours now or forever lose it."

Do you agree or disagree with Lawrence Ibe?
Mr. Igbo claimer, I have just two questions for you.
#1, how many Yorubas are living outside Yoruba land talk more of in Igbo land?
#2, has any Yoruba ever opted to purchase a portion of land in Igbo land and he's been denied based on his tribe? If there is any, kindly put it up here for everyone to see.
How do you expect someone with low self esteem in his back yard who is so inhibited with such towards progress to actually venture into farther lands and achieve anything. Igbos are naturally industrious and domineering, we step our foots and before you know it we dominate, not our fault, God has made it so and if you're not ok with that, go fight God!
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by sweetrace(f): 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
schoolboij:

That shows how daft you are! Tinubu is APC leader while George is PDP leader. If voting APC, means voting Tinubu, then voting Jimi means voting Bode George.

You know what, I don’t have conversations with people who have no couth.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 1:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
Bulleye:

My father was into farming and local gin (ogogoro) manufacture. From there I learnt rudiments of manufacturing which have grown and developed over time .Now I sit before HMI manipulating parameters that shape quality of products that meet customer demand. Imagine being rated best process technician that is entrusted with multi-billion naira machines processing multi-million naira raw material on daily process. Contact me on running plants with minimal human interaction.
Keep on massaging your ego with wishful thinking, whatever you are or whoever you become is non of my business, if you like be operating minting machines in the central bank, that would not give you the leverage to rant trash against my tribe and I'd sit and watch you. I am an importer and exporter, I pay your people that work under me and I'm also into farming. Get that?
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Afam4eva(m): 1:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
Victor468:

YES, he said so during 2015 campaign which pitched the Igbo against the Yoruba back then. Though I have not heard him say so this time around.
Provide an evidence of this claim or keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by raumdeuter: 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
Afam4eva:

Provide an evidence of this claim or keep quiet.

Few days after this, the ceremonial (not officially-recognized) leader of the Lagos-based Igbos commonly referred to as Eze Ndi Igbo openly stated with panache at a social function that “…[the Igbos] must produce the next deputy governor of Lagos [State]…” Annoying and taunting as these statements were to the Oba Of Lagos and indeed to all Yorubas in Lagos (especially the real Lagos indigenes in Epe, Ikorodu, Isale Eko, Olofin Isheri, etc), the governorship candidate of People's Democratic Party in Lagos State Mr Jimi Agbaje consciously or unconsciously worsened the situation by openly stating during his own political campaign that ”… I will elevate Eze Ndi Igbo to the status of Oba of Lagos …” and subsequently added during another campaign that “… I will appoint 6 Igbos as commissioners …”

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/176439/jimi-agbajes-ethnically-coloured-political-campaign-oba-of.html
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Dchair2: 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
InsiderPost:

Jimi does not live in Ikeja, he stays at Apapa
go get yourself some reading spectacle, he never said Jimi lives in Ikeja, he simply said he interacted with Jimi at house J in Ikeja!
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Afam4eva(m): 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
raumdeuter:

Few days after this, the ceremonial (not officially-recognized) leader of the Lagos-based Igbos commonly referred to as Eze Ndi Igbo openly stated with panache at a social function that “…[the Igbos] must produce the next deputy governor of Lagos [State]…” Annoying and taunting as these statements were to the Oba Of Lagos and indeed to all Yorubas in Lagos (especially the real Lagos indigenes in Epe, Ikorodu, Isale Eko, Olofin Isheri, etc), the governorship candidate of People's Democratic Party in Lagos State Mr Jimi Agbaje consciously or unconsciously worsened the situation by openly stating during his own political campaign that ”… I will elevate Eze Ndi Igbo to the status of Oba of Lagos …” and subsequently added during another campaign that “… I will appoint 6 Igbos as commissioners …”

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/176439/jimi-agbajes-ethnically-coloured-political-campaign-oba-of.html
That is an articulate by an individual who like many people on this forum have not provided a concrete evidence to this. I can claim that Sanwoolu said when he becomes the governor, he will deal with Igb people in Lagos and even write an article on it and promote it as truth. Agbaje is just a victim of being in the opposition and relying on Igbo support to become governor. if you can provide a reportage by news outlets such as PUNCH, SUN, Vanguard on where Agbaje actually made those statements then i will concede. I can't believe there's neither a video nor audio evidence in this time and age.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by three: 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
raumdeuter:

You are aware this is an op-ed?

Mr. Rotimi Fabiyi wrote in and it was published online..

No reference to the specific campaigns, dates and what not?

How come I am able to pull online references for APC's hatespeech and actions from reputable media organisations but this particular Jimi Agbaje and Eze Ndigbo issue has none?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by sucess001(m): 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
ericsmith:

Lagos will rather burn to ashes than to see an igbo become an oba in lagos ... its not una fault anyway, u people are only taking advantage of the fact that yorubas like every other tribe but hate themselves ,they will stop @ nothing to pull each other down.
i can imagine igbos trying these in any part of north, even abuja wey be capital

Stop being a tribal bigot. We are all equal everywhere in Naija. And I am a Yoruba boy. Born and bred in lagos
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by hisexcellency34: 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
My take is, if any candidate contest and is popular, he will win. so nobody can tell me an Igbo man cannot become governor of Lagos State. If he is popular and he wins, 10,000 Tinubus or Oluomos can't remove him
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by raumdeuter: 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
Afam4eva:

That is an articulate by an individual who like many people on this forum have not provided a concrete evidence to this. I can claim that Sanwoolu said when he becomes the governor, he will deal with Igb people in Lagos and even write an article on it and promote it as truth. Agbaje is just a victim of being in the opposition and relying on Igbo support to become governor. if you can provide a reportage by news outlets such as PUNCH, SUN, Vanguard on where Agbaje actually made those statements then i will concede. I can't believe there's neither a video nor audio evidence in this time and age.

So the article that reported it was lying? You asked for evidence I provided one. That is evidence and Do newpapers such as Punch Vanguard Sun especially the last 2 dont they lie regularly? So why is their report more credible than others

These are the campaign promises a news media dated back to 2015 reported about Agbaje, PDP has always relied Ibo votes from time, so why did they not report this about other PDP candidates in lagos from Koro, to Dosunmu why is it only Agbaje?
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Mayor08: 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
May I ask some simple questions, kindly give an unbiased answer.
#1, are you an indigenous Lagosian? If yes, can you trace your paternal genealogy to any ancient indigenous Lagos family?
#2, please those infrastructures that Igbos met in Lagos were they developed by the Yorubas or the British?
#3, can you dispute the fact that Igbos have been living and contributing to lagos' development before Tinubu's father was born?
#4 if your ancestral boundary did not fall within Lagos territory what's the difference between you and any Igbo man in Lagos
Finally, is any of these trio lagosian, Tinubu, fashola and ambode?

1. Yes, I am an indigene of ibeju lekki
2. Both
3.no

I am pro Yoruba...we will get our mandate but definitely not from omo atounriwa....we are first Yoruba's, I rather deal with my kinsmen than with people who boast and claim to conquer you...the Yoruba's have been governors and none of the have called Lagos no man's land, other Nigerians have also contributed to the development of Lagos and none of them has called Lagos no man's land...
I can't stand someone who tells me my ancestral land is no man's land...you guys said it on forums, media and newspapers and APC are capitalising on this...learn to achieve silently....Igbo's won an election in Lagos and the next thing they could do is to spite their hosts, abuse them and tell them they have been conquered... Your folks started all this

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by SuperIgbo1(m): 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
ericsmith:

ALOL ... ojukwu said more than these but he ended his live is sorrow n pain,, nnamdi kanu chest his chest pass dre ,today his father does not even a compound anymore not to talk of throne, even the SS militant wey be SE senior brother tried shit with smaller ogun met instant death...muscles without brain is a liabilities.

You're a retardedd cretin!

Where were you whe 50 egbesu ijo boys decimated your amala and ewedu women organization at Ajegunle?
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by SuperIgbo1(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2019
serikigoro:
Nobody will intimidate Igbos! You guys will cast your shinkini votes and as the saying goes minority will have their say buy majority will have their way! so you are welcome top cast your vote for Just Kidding JK! But Sanwo Olu will win! When he has won, then JK will be made the governor general of Ikemba land!

Three million eligible Igbo voters in Lagos are a minority? Y'all will learn the hard way on Saturday.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Bulleye(m): 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Keep on massaging your ego with wishful thinking, whatever you are or whoever you become is non of my business, if you like be operating minting machines in the central bank, that would not give you the leverage to rant trash against my tribe and I'd sit and watch you. I am an importer and exporter, I pay your people that work under me and I'm also into farming. Get that?
The pouch housing the cutlass is a man; the cutlass is a man and the person holding the cutlass is also a man. O to ge f'omo Igbo L'eko
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by atobs4real(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Nobody can intimidate Igbos in Lagos. We will vote for our choice
Come and say that in Oshodi and have your head sliced.
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by raumdeuter: 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
three:
You are aware this is an op-ed?
Mr. Rotimi Fabiyi wrote in and it was published online..
No reference to the specific campaigns, dates and what not?
How come I am able to pull online references for APC's hatespeech and actions from reputable media organisations but this particular Jimi Agbaje and Eze Ndigbo issue has none?

Not everything said on campaigns are documented. Jimi is notorious for stoking tribal tension

Go to his twitter page on December 11 2018

On Lagos and the Igbos: The narrative that Lagos dislikes the Igbos is extremely false.

Oh yes, Lagos does not dislike the Igbos, your political establishment does.

This is Jimi on his official page playing tribal and ethnic card again accusing the political establishment(APC) of hating Ibos
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Afam4eva(m): 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
raumdeuter:

So the article that reported it was lying? You asked for evidence I provided one. That is evidence and Do newpapers such as Punch Vanguard Sun especially the last 2 dont they lie regularly? So why is their report more credible than others

These are the campaign promises a news media dated back to 2015 reported about Agbaje, PDP has always relied Ibo votes from time, so why did they not report this about other PDP candidates in lagos from Koro, to Dosunmu why is it only Agbaje?
That was an article by someone named Fabiyi Rotimi and not a news reportage. As much as every newspaper tell lies, the likes of PUNCH, Vanguard and SUN are more credible than a someone writing a blog post and claim whatever they like. I'm not disputing the fact that Agbaje and Lagos PDP have always relied heavily on Igbo voters and i don't have an idea of what they have told thi Igbo voters. But if we must believe anything, we must seen a concrete evidence. I'm too educated to fall for all this antics of politicians. In 2015 when the Oba of Lagos said he will throw Igbos into the lagoon, there was a video evidence for anyone to make an informed decision. So, if you want people to believe that Agbaje said he would elevate the Eze Ndigbo to the Oba of Lagos of status, you must provide proof.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by raumdeuter: 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Three million eligible Igbo voters in Lagos are a minority? Y'all will learn the hard way on Saturday.

After you and your candidates lose again like Atiku did, what will be the excuse?
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
Mayor08:

1. Yes, I am an indigene of ibeju lekki
2. Both
3.no

I am pro Yoruba...we will get our mandate but definitely not from omo atounriwa....we are first Yoruba's, I rather deal with my kinsmen than with people who boast and claim to conquer you...the Yoruba's have been governors and none of the have called Lagos no man's land, other Nigerians have also contributed to the development of Lagos and none of them has called Lagos no man's land...
I can't stand someone who tells me my ancestral land is no man's land...you guys said it on forums, media and newspapers and APC are capitalising on this...learn to achieve silently....Igbo's won an election in Lagos and the next thing they could do is to spite their hosts, abuse them and tell them they have been conquered... Your folks started all this
If truly you're a lagosian then you're not ashamed of yourself, since the inception of recent democracy, tell me one true lagosian who has become a governor.
Two, foreigners have been developing your land starting from the British to the Igbos with the indigenes contributing next to nothing.
Finally, I need a portion of land in your village, ibeju Lekki, do you have anyone remaining or have you squandered all the proceeds in organizing meaningless owanbe grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by raumdeuter: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
Afam4eva:

That was an article by someone named Fabiyi Rotimi and not a news reportage. As much as every newspaper tell lies, the likes of PUNCH, Vanguard and SUN are more credible than a someone writing a blog post and claim whatever they like. I'm not disputing the fact that Agbaje and Lagos PDP have always relied heavily on Igbo voters and i don't have an idea of what they have told thi Igbo voters. But if we must believe anything, we must seen a concrete evidence. I'm too educated to fall for all this antics of politicians. In 2015 when the Oba of Lagos said he will throw Igbos into the lagoon, there was a video evidence for anyone to make an informed decision. So, if you want people to believe that Agbaje said he would elevate the Eze Ndigbo to the Oba of Lagos of status, you must provide proof.

You first claimed there was no source to the news of elevating Eze Ndigbo, I provided 1 now you are telling us its not credible.

I have provided proof, whether it satisfies you is another thing entirely.

Stoking tribal tension and working on Ibo voters insecurity is the modus operandi of Jimi Agbaje. PDP has always campaigned in Lagos and no one has accused any other candidate of stoking tribal sentiments except Jimi

The below was a tweet he made, Tell what is the purpose of that tweet?

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
Bulleye:

The pouch housing the cutlass is a man; the cutlass is a man and the person holding the cutlass is also a man. O to ge f'omo Igbo L'eko
O to ge f'omo osun l'eko, you, your god tinubu and the rest. Live Lagos alone gbogbo awo omo agbero l'eko. grin
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Afam4eva(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
raumdeuter:

You first claimed there was no source to the news of elevating Eze Ndigbo, I provided 1 now you are telling us its not credible.

I have provided proof, whether it satisfies you is another thing entirely.

Stoking tribal tension and working on Ibo voters insecurity is the modus operandi of Jimi Agbaje. PDP has always campaigned in Lagos and no one has accused any other candidate of stoking tribal sentiments except Jimi

The below was a tweet he made, Tell what is the purpose of that tweet?
What you provided is not a source let alone it being credible.

As for Jimi Agbaje, he's a politician and would use any means available to him to win. It doesn't mean he likes Igbos more or less than APC's candidates. As far as i'm concerned, the APC whether directly or indirectly have contributed more to this ethnic strife than Jimi Agbaje has ever done. Was Jimi Agbaje the one that force the Oba of Lagos to make that statement? Or was he the one that sent people to stop Igbo voters from exercising their franchise?

I watched Sanwoolu and Hamzat in an interview this morning and i'm leaning more towards them because i think they have more experience of running Lagos than Agbaje but let's not kid ourselves for one second that APC has not tried in more ways than not to whip up ethnic sentiments both at the federal and state level.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Sigmundgates: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
Funny enough sanwolu will win
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by raumdeuter: 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
Afam4eva:

What you provided is not a source let alone it being credible.

As for Jimi Agbaje, he's a politician and would use any means available to him to win. It doesn't mean he likes Igbos more or less than APC's candidates. As far as i'm concerned, the APC whether directly or indirectly have contributed more to this ethnic strife than Jimi Agbaje has ever done. Was Jimi Agbaje the one that force the Oba of Lagos to make that statement? Or was he the one that sent people to stop Igbo voters from exercising their franchise?

I watched Sanwoolu and Hamzat in an interview this morning and i'm leaning more towards them because i think they have more experience of running Lagos than Agbaje but let's not kid ourselves for one second that APC has not tried in more ways than not to whip up ethnic sentiments both at the federal and state level.

You initially claimed there was no source, I provided you a source and it was that news of elevating Eze Ndigbo that triggered the Oba Akiolu reaction. So it was Jimi who started the ethnic

And you now claim APC has done more to the ethnic strife

Can you show me anything directly from Ambode or SanwoOlu that is on the level of this posted by Agbaje himself or you will say its not credible
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8938414_agbaje_pngef27dc7647f74fc0300dfbc691d76d4c

I ask once again, Lagos has had many PDP candidates, How come only Jimi Agbaje is accused of ethnic baiting?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Mayor08: 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
If truly you're a lagosian then you're not ashamed of yourself, since the inception of recent democracy, tell me one true lagosian who has become a governor.
Two, foreigners have been developing your land starting from the British to the Igbos with the indigenes contributing next to nothing.
Finally, I need a portion of land in your village, ibeju Lekki, do you have anyone remaining or have you squandered all the proceeds in organizing meaningless owanbe grin grin
Really thought you were sensible
Re: Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? by Bulleye(m): 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
O to ge f'omo osun l'eko, you, your god tinubu and the rest. Live Lagos alone gbogbo awo omo agbero l'eko. grin
O to ge f'omo Ale Yoruba L'eko. Omo Osun has no say in Lagos politics but Omo Igbo does. What hypocrisy! O to ge f'omo Igbo L'eko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Convoy Involved In An Accident In Paris - SaharaReporters / Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again / Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.