Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (19880 Views)

If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Safe, When We Commit Sin With Condoms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

I will repeat to bible verses to show how confused you are;

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the Law.

alBHAGDADI, if you are a spirit filled Christian, are you still under the Law? Are Spirit filled Christians still under the Old Testament Laws as your thread implies?

You are not under the law as a means of eternal salvation because we have been saved by Grace. But we obey the laws of God as long as we are still on Earth. Disobedience equals punishment.
.I've told you to go and understand what it means to be born again. That's what will make you understand what Paul means when he's talking about the law and grace

The law hasn't been thrashed or thrown away. It is now written in our hearts, that's why we obey them.

Hebrews 10:6
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 10:09am On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Do you believe God is the same yesterday, today and forever?

Do you believe God supports rape?

Then your translation is correct if those are what you believe in.

As for me, God is still the same yesterday, today and forever, and has never been in support of rape, that's why I believe those Bible translations are false and the Hebrew transaction, wherever you got it from, is false and probably done by the same people behind those satanic Bibles.

Anyhow you want to twist it, the translation of the Hebrew word used in those passages connotes rape. Go and educate yourself and stop arguing around blindly...

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (KJV)
28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days

If what happened in Deuteronomy 22 v 28 is not rape, then why does verse 29 say that the maiden in question is humbled?

Keep on exposing your ignorance for all to see.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 10:12am On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are not under the law as a means of eternal salvation because we have been saved by Grace. But we obey the laws of God as long as we are still on Earth. Disobedience equals punishment.
.I've told you to go and understand what it means to be born again. That's what will make you understand what Paul means when he's talking about the law and grace

The law hasn't been thrashed or thrown away. It is now written in our hearts, that's why we obey them.

Hebrews 10:6
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

So that means that the Apostles were wrong to tell the Gentiles these abi?

18 From the beginning of the world, God knoweth all his works.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them of the Gentiles that are turned to God,

20 But that we send unto them, that they abstain themselves from filthiness of idols, and fornication, and that is strangled, and from blood.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us, have troubled you with words, and cumbered your minds, saying, Ye must be circumcised and keep the Law: to whom we gave no such commandment,

28 For it seemed good to the holy Ghost, and to us, to lay no more burden upon you, than these necessary things.

29 That is, that ye abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and that that is strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 10:32am On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

If pharaoh had known that Sarah was Abraham's wife, he would have killed Abraham and taken his wife. Abraham knee such was common in Egypt as seen below

Genesis 12:12 King James Version (KJV)
Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, This is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive.

That's why he told Sarah to say she's his sister so as to save his live. When pharaoh was told that she's Abraham's sister, he blessed Abraham for that. Had it been he initially said she's his wife, those Egyptians would have killed him as they were already showing one of the traits Abraham told Sarah of them, which is they saw that she was fair.

Verse 11
And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon:

What would have followed would have been Abraham's death had it been he didn't pull a fast one on them by saying she's is sister.

Genesis 12:13-14
Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee.
And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair.

You got schooled again bro.

Be born again

You're still exposing your ignorance. Will Pharoah still go ahead to sleep with another man's wife? Why then did he say the following to Abraham?

Genesis 12 v 18-19;

18 And Pharaoh called Abram and said, What is this that thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife?
19 Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

You're still exposing your ignorance. Will Pharoah still go ahead to sleep with another man's wife? Why then did he say the following to Abraham?

Genesis 12 v 18-19;

18 And Pharaoh called Abram and said, What is this that thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife?
19 Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way.

Then he would have had to kill him for his wife which is more grievous.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

So that means that the Apostles were wrong to tell the Gentiles these abi?

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them of the Gentiles that are turned to God,

20 But that we send unto them, that they abstain themselves from filthiness of idols, and fornication, and that is strangled, and from blood.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us, have troubled you with words, and cumbered your minds, saying, Ye must be circumcised and keep the Law: to whom we gave no such commandment,

28 For it seemed good to the holy Ghost, and to us, to lay no more burden upon you, than these necessary things.

29 That is, that ye abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and that that is strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Mr recycler. I've explained this before.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Then he would have had to kill him for his wife which is more grievous.

And you're trying to tell us that God would have been so powerless to protect Abraham from those Egyptians? Can you see what you are reducing God to?

Back to my question, how did Pharoah and the Egyptians know that sleeping with another man's wife was wrong and a sinful act?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 11:46am On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Mr recycler. I've explained this before.

Come out plainly and tell us that the Apostles were wrong to tell the Gentile Christians that the Mosaic Laws were no longer required to be obeyed by them;

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

And you're trying to tell us that God would have been so powerless to protect Abraham from those Egyptians? Can you see what you are reducing God to?

Back to my question, how did Pharoah and the Egyptians know that sleeping with another man's wife was wrong and a sinful act?

What has God protecting Abraham got to do with our discussion? grin I can see that you no longer have a point.

Where did Pharaoh and the Egyptians tell you that they knew it was a sinful act? How come they didn't see murdering Abraham as a sinful act?

Don't inject your ideas into the Bible.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

Come out plainly and tell us that the Apostles were wrong to tell the Gentile Christians that the Mosaic Laws were no longer required to be obeyed by them;

Mr recycler, keep recycling already answered questions.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
So this is the silly response I can get after your ignorance is exposed? So if God's people are not required to conclude on unsolved cases...then why were these instructions included in the Law in the first place?!

491. Break the neck of a calf by the river valley following an unsolved murder — Deut. 21:4
492. Not to work nor plant that river valley — Deut. 21:4

This is just the tip of the ice-berg.

alBHAGDADI:

The instructions where given for places where God's laws reign supreme e.g Israel of those days, not in Nigeria where we have Muslims, atheists, satanists and u believers.

That's why the first verse in the passage said they should practice that in the land they were going into which God gave them, which judges and elders will stand in rulings. Nigeria today doesn't have Christians running the affairs, so we can't practice that law. We can oy practice it when we are fully and totally in charge.

Can you now see how your double standard is exposed? Now you realize the instructions were given "for places where God's laws reign supreme" , but when it comes to the issue of tithing...you did not bring up the issue of "for places where God's laws reign supreme"

If according to you, Nigeria does not qualify as a place where the Law of God reigns supreme, why are you advocating for tithes but ignoring those instructions on unsolved murder cases?

What a dubious person you are...
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What has God protecting Abraham got to do with our discussion? grin I can see that you no longer have a point.

Where did Pharaoh and the Egyptians tell you that they knew it was a sinful act? How come they didn't see murdering Abraham as a sinful act?

Don't inject your ideas into the Bible.

You are an unrepentant block head, please show us where exactly in the Bible murder was not seen as a crime in Egypt.

So Abraham's fear that the Egyptians might kill him actually meant the Egyptians would surely kill him if they knew Sarah was his wife?

If you have trouble understanding basic English, then why did Pharoah eventually query Abraham for lying to him and deceiving him?

Genesis 12 v 18-19;
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Stop injecting words into the Bible, it is harmful for you.

Cain had no knowledge of sin until God spoke to him. No man ever had the law written in their heart until God fulfilled his promise of doing so using the holy Spirit.

In the law is the knowledge of sin. The gentiles before Jesus time didn't know God, that's why they served false gods.

If you had contineud reading that passage in Romans 2 up to verse 15, you would have seen that Paul was not talking about the gentiles of old but the gentiles of his time which had the law written in their hearts which is the work of the Holy Spirit in those who have accepted Jesus Christ.

Can you see how confused you are and you keep on telling more lies?

So how did Job who was also a gentile who lived long before the era of Jesus able to please God? Or what of Enoch?

Are these ones no longer gentiles? Dude, you are confused...

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

Can you see how confused you are and you keep on telling more lies?

So how did Job who was also a gentile who lived long before the era of Jesus able to please God? Or what of Enoch?

Are these ones no longer gentiles? Dude, you are confused...

You accused me of telling lies, yet you couldn't point them out in my post. Knowing fully well that you could not find fault with my post, you now decided to shift attention from that failure by talking about Job.

Mr recycler, haven't I explained to you how Job, Joseph and Abraham received the laws of God?

You just keep bringing back the same questions. It's not even as if when I answered them, you objected. I guess you do that as a way of derailing after you've been trashed with facts.

I'm even surprised you haven't quoted all those 613 laws like you use to grin

Next.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are indeed s puffed up person who has blinded himself from seeing the truth. Yes, God commanded people to observe the Sabbath, but haven't you read where such law was changed in the new testament even by Jesus himself? That is why no one observes the Sabbath today.

Where is it written that a fornicator should be stoned to death? If you don't point it out, then you are cursed for adding to the laws as your last statement says.
Leviticus 20:10 Says 'you should be killed if you sleep with someone to whom you're not married' that is what is called fornication because she could carry your sperm around and infect others. So if she's not your wife or husband,the law says both of you should be stoned to death. That's the law Sir, shall we start from you
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

You are an unrepentant block head, please show us where exactly in the Bible murder was not seen as a crime in Egypt.

So Abraham's fear that the Egyptians might kill him actually meant the Egyptians would surely kill him if they knew Sarah was his wife?

If you have trouble understanding basic English, then why did Pharoah eventually query Abraham for lying to him and deceiving him?

Genesis 12 v 18-19;

I won't act like you who speak when the Bible hasn't spoken. I for sure know that the Bible never stated that murder was a crime in Egypt. You now have to show me where the Bible said murder was a crime in Egypt, since you claim so. Failure to do that means you have out words into God's mouth and you will be punished for it.

I am not Abraham neither are you and we both never lived during his time. I have taken his words for it since he lived during his time and must have been privy of such happening. If you can't take his words for it, that's your own cup of tea

Your point exactly ?

Mind you, Abraham didn't lie.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2019
Maximus69:
Leviticus 20:10 Says 'you should be killed if you sleep with someone to whom you're not married' that is what is called fornication because she could carry your sperm around and infect others. So if she's not your wife or husband,the law says both of you should be stoned to death. That's the law Sir, shall we start from you

Is fornication and adultery the same thing?

Leviticus 20:10 King James Version (KJV)
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

You cant even understand common English, yet you want to understand the Bible which is spiritual.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

Can you now see how your double standard is exposed? Now you realize the instructions were given "for places where God's laws reign supreme" , but when it comes to the issue of tithing...you did not bring up the issue of "for places where God's laws reign supreme"

If according to you, Nigeria does not qualify as a place where the Law of God reigns supreme, why are you advocating for tithes but ignoring those instructions on unsolved murder cases?

What a dubious person you are...

God's laws reign supreme in God's house which is the Church.

or don't you understand?

As for tithe, is it not to be brought into God's house where his laws reign supreme?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Empiree: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Where did I state that the old testament laws are 100% binding?

You are just looking for justification for your barbaric Islamic shariah laws which have nothing to do with the biblical laws

Get off my thread.
^^^ You need not backtrack. And you need not get Islam involved. It is as clear as daylight that you believe Old laws stand, contrary to your fellow CHRISTIANs. You only have issue with me for saying "100%"

sagenaija:

Where did he say this?
did you read him very well?. Old laws stand. That's the point

And we have a guy coming up with crazy theory about Christian follow "gravity law". I am coming for him too
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You accused me of telling lies, yet you couldn't point them out in my post. Knowing fully well that you could not find fault with my post, you now decided to shift attention from that failure by talking about Job.

Mr recycler, haven't I explained to you how Job, Joseph and Abraham received the laws of God?

You just keep bringing back the same questions. It's not even as if when I answered them, you objected. I guess you do that as a way of derailing after you've been trashed with facts.

I'm even surprised you haven't quoted all those 613 laws like you use to grin

Next.

This is so pitiable, how can one keep telling lies repeatedly and is unashamed of it?

alBHAGDADI:

No man ever had the law written in their heart until God fulfilled his promise of doing so using the holy Spirit.

In the law is the knowledge of sin. The gentiles before Jesus time didn't know God, that's why they served false gods.

alBHAGDADI:

You are so blind you can't see how you are contradicting yourself.

First you mentioned that the Gentiles (which also includes Enoch & Job) ever had the Laws of God written in their heart, neither did they know God. And in another place, you are claiming some gentiles received the "Laws of God"...

So these gentiles (Job, Enoch and some others) received the "Laws of God" on a tablet like Moses abi cheesy cheesy cheesy or God used the Heavenly delivery service to dispatch his Laws on scrolls to these gentiles abi cheesy cheesy cheesy

What kind of half baked apologist is this guy? You just keep making a mockery of yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Empiree: 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
Maximus69:
Everyone has brains but it works differently,that's why God arranged for organised worship to help them think alike!
With organised form of worship,we can become one happy global family. But most humans detest equity and this is how Satan formed RELIGION out of what supposed to be an organised form of worship. That is why those who detest equity could start claiming rules of INIQUITY! Matthew 7:23
The Mosaic laws were given ONLY to Israelites,this will help them realise the condition of man and why God has been far away from his creatures. They're to keep expecting the Messiah who will teach them the principles behind those numerous laws. The Messiah came in person of Jesus,he taught them the principles,few agreed but majority who detests equity disagreed with Jesus!
So he foretold that this same thing will still happen to people claiming to be his followers.
Today,alBAGDADI is arguing in support of those who detests equity. God brought the nation of Israel out from slavery in Egypt,enriched them by putting fear in the minds of their captors to give Israelites gold and other precious stones,protected them through a long journey,destroyed all the enemies on their way,led them to a land where each person could start making ends meet and drove away all other nations on that land!
By so doing,God has prepared them all for a fresh start in life so if he gives them laws,they should show appreciation for all that he did for them by sticking to those laws.
But that doesn't apply to other nations where there has been unequal chances for people to thrive,so when Christianity which is to be practiced independently of Jerusalem's temple was commissioned, God sent his holy spirit to tell the Christians that all those rules are no more required but few things. Act 15:28,29
So whoever is demanding that people living in places where such a fresh start that God gave Israelites is absent,such a person is setting a table for INIQUITY and that is why all these greedy religious leaders are coming up with different ideas just to enrich themselves at the expense of their malnourished people!

You make sense small. But unfortunately your are still like other double standards Christians. Since Jesus Christ was not a Christian and he's speaking to the Jews, the implication is that Jesus himself has nothing to do with you Nigerians and people of other nations except Israelites. But if you must hold on to New testament, then old laws are binding on you, because, as alBHAGDADI rightly said, Jesus did not come to abolish the laws but to fullfil them.

Jesus misson was restricted to Israelites that's where he was sent.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
Please distinguish between FORNICATION and ADULTERY,and tell me why both were mentioned FIRST as what will lead you to the same place as other sins you've been noisy about? Galatians 5:19 cheesy
alBHAGDADI:

Is fornication and adultery the same thing?

Leviticus 20:10 King James Version (KJV)
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

You cant even understand common English, yet you want to understand the Bible which is spiritual.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

God's laws reign supreme in God's house which is the Church.

or don't you understand?

As for tithe, is it not to be brought into God's house where his laws reign supreme?

This guy is just a shameless clown. So the goal post has shifted from Nigeria not being a country where God's Laws reign supreme to the Church now being a place where God's Laws reign supreme...

You see how you keep exposing yourself?

When these instructions in the Law are considered, you told us Nigeria is a country where God's Law does not reign supreme
491. Break the neck of a calf by the river valley following an unsolved murder — Deut. 21:4

But when tithes and offerings are involved, you now remember that it is in the church God's Laws reign supreme abi?

Guy, you are a fraud...
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

This is so pitiable, how can one keep telling lies repeatedly and is unashamed of it?

You are so blind you can't see how you are contradicting yourself.

First you mentioned that the Gentiles (which also includes Enoch & Job) ever had the Laws of God written in their heart, neither did they know God. And in another place, you are claiming they also received the "Laws of God"...

What kind of half baked apologist is this guy? You just keep making a mockery of yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now I know that you are an illiterate when it comes to the Bible.

Dont you know that before Israel, there was nothing like gentiles? The Jewish people were the ones that now made demarcations by calling non Jewish people as gentiles.

Enoch, Abraham, Job, Abel etc all received the laws of God by hearing from God which made them have faith. It was never written in their hearts, excepts you want to say God had already been doing such before he promised to do so in the new testament.

Mind you, I never said Enoch or job never knew God. And mind you again, they were God's people. I only said they didn't have the laws written down in note or in their hearts. Moses was the first to document God's laws in notes while the new testament showed the first time God's laws were written down in people's hearts.

Can you now see that you didn't trap me with anything?

You didn't trap me but thought you did because you failed to comprehend.my post which you quoted. Did t you see how I differentiated the gentiles I was talking about that didn't know God? I did that by stating that it is the ones who served false gods that didn't know God.

Can you now see how wrong you are? Wipe of your excitement
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

This guy is just a shameless clown. So the goal post has shifted from Nigeria not being a country where God's Laws reign supreme to the Church now being a place where God's Laws reign supreme...

You see how you keep exposing yourself?

When these instructions in the Law are considered, you told us Nigeria is a country where God's Law does not reign supreme

But when tithes and offerings are involved, you now remember that it is in the church God's Laws reign supreme abi?

Guy, you are a fraud...

Exactly. God's laws reign in his Church. It doesn't reign in Nigeria because we are not governed by his laws but by man-made laws.

Is God's law not reigning in your church? Since it does in my church, we practice it.

Guy, stop thinking you are catching me in a corner. You are simply exposing your foolishness.

Christians can't go and start interfering in certain situations when they know Nigeria had its own laws. It will amount to interference, but when it comes to the church where God's laws reign, we do according to his laws.

Put that in your head.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
Maximus69:
Please distinguish between FORNICATION and ADULTERY,and tell me why both were mentioned FIRST as what will lead you to the same place as other sins you've been noisy about? Galatians 5:19 cheesy
.Because they were mentioned first, that now means they mean the same thing?

Uncleanness and Lasciviousness that were mentioned second, can we now say they mean the same thing? Your Mumu never do grin

Galatians 5:19-21 King James Version (KJV)
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Exactly. God's laws reign in his Church. It doesn't reign in Nigeria because we are not governed by his laws but by man-made laws.

Is God's law not reigning in your church? Since it does in my church, we practice it.

Guy, stop thinking you are catching me in a corner. You are simply exposing your foolishness.

Christians can't go and start interfering in certain situations when they know Nigeria had its own laws. It will amount to interference, but when it comes to the church where God's laws reign, we do according to his laws.

Put that in your head.

This your thick skull eh...

So since God's Laws reign supreme in the church...of which we have so many in Nigeria, especially down south, why aren't unresolved murder cases treated in line with God's Laws? Or are you telling us that there are no Christian Judges or police men in Nigeria that would close out unsolved murders in line with God's Law?

Do you reason at all? That is an Old Testament Law, why aren't Christians practicing it?
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

.Because they were mentioned first, that now means they mean the same thing?

Uncleanness and Lasciviousness that were mentioned second, can we now say they mean the same thing? Your Mumu never do grin

Galatians 5:19-21 King James Version (KJV)
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
So if God asked people to stone adulterers to death in the OT and NT says those practicing these things will not enter the kingdom,you're still confused that any of those laws means DEATH? cheesy
Now who is confused? wink
My friend whoever is committing any of these is NOT fit to live from God's standpoint so your argument is baseless! undecided
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by OkCornel(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Now I know that you are an illiterate when it comes to the Bible.

Dont you know that before Israel, there was nothing like gentiles? The Jewish people were the ones that now made demarcations by calling non Jewish people as gentiles.

The way you keep shifting goal posts shamelessly is so amazing. And you call another person am illiterate when your ignorance is so obvious for everyone to see here. So you're trying to tell us the likes of Enoch or Job are not gentiles or what? cheesy cheesy ... Even Paul made it so clear in the scriptures who is a Jew or a Gentile...and you're here giving history lessons no one asked for. Ogbeni, your deflection strategy is not working. You goofed clearly on this one...

Unless you want to tell us Job from the Land of Uz was neither a Jew or Gentile...
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

The way you keep shifting goal posts shamelessly is so amazing. And you call another person am illiterate when your ignorance is so obvious for everyone to see here. So you're trying to tell us the likes of Enoch or Job are not gentiles or what? cheesy cheesy ... Even Paul made it so clear in the scriptures who is a Jew or a Gentile...and you're here giving history lessons no one asked for. Ogbeni, your deflection strategy is not working. You goofed clearly on this one...

Unless you want to tell us Job from the Land of Uz was neither a Jew or Gentile...

You clearly cropped out the part of my post which gives the explanations you need just so you could come up with this rebuttal.

Very dubious of you.
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
Maximus69:
So if God asked people to stone adulterers to death in the OT and NT says those practicing these things will not enter the kingdom,you're still confused that any of those laws means DEATH? cheesy
Now who is confused? wink
My friend whoever is committing any of these is NOT fit to live from God's standpoint so your argument is baseless! undecided

So where did God say such people should be stoned?

Your mum never do. grin
Re: Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? by alBHAGDADI: 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkCornel:

This your thick skull eh...

So since God's Laws reign supreme in the church...of which we have so many in Nigeria, especially down south, why aren't unresolved murder cases treated in line with God's Laws? Or are you telling us that there are no Christian Judges or police men in Nigeria that would close out unsolved murders in line with God's Law?

Do you reason at all? That is an Old Testament Law, why aren't Christians practicing it?

Churches in Nigeria don't run the government of the country. Churches don't even run the government of any country. But we do run the affairs of our churches.

Let's say you come to our church in America dressed like a woman thinking the old testament law against that has been done away with. We'll simply throw you out like a peace of junk even though gay rights exists in America. That shows that we decide what goes on in our church, but not in the rest of the world.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? / Ambode, Osinbajo, At Bishop Okonkwo's Birthday Thanksgiving (Photos) / Pastor (Mrs) Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.