Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria (9317 Views)

Abacha Loot Spent On Roads, Electricity, Others, Okonjo- Iweala Tells World Bank / Unfair Treatment And Injustice Against Alhaji Suleiman Kabir / Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by gestapo(f): 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2010
mdsocks:

hmmm, ah!

Miss Crusader, you might wish to apply as inspired's new P.A. , okay?

Next time, dont bring grudges from other thread into a new one,

You owe the forumites the responsibility of discussing issues without ambiguity, if you have issues with me please feel free to open a new thread!

Stop Whinnying in here, wink

See double standard, look at you squeeling and yelping and frothing at the mouth because you "get" the sarcasm in my post, yet pretended not to "get" 4play's sense of humour cos you have a grouse to pick with him embarassed The joke is on you mate cool

And who might you be by the way that your selfimportant a.r.s.e thinks i want to have an issue with you,arrant nonsense cool

ada24:

don't really like her music and that has nothing to do with not appreciating different genres just a personal choice - the reason I highlghted those names is cos u made a valid point but need to remember it is much easier for someone that grew up in Nigeria to identify with Nigeria like Nneka. Lemar did not grow up in Nigeria and although he will probably never deny his heritage it is a lot easier to identify with where u grew up. Just thought I would add that.

as for the ignoramuses that continue to hijack this thread with their nonsensical rant about another Nneka (oh yes there is more than 1 Nneka in this world!!!!!!!!) abeg move your 4-1-9 gist to the appropriate topic in the crime section.

Not in the mood for this today abeg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is this mofo calling ignoramus?? Miss i have lived in london for the past 18 years yet don't know a British sense of self deprecating humour even if it smacks me in my face Miss i have lived in london for the past 18 years yet can be seen shouting oh shoot i missed out on those 99 years mortgage too because of the credit crunch Na by force to belong and claim you have ever been to UK because the streets are paved with gold Ignorant wannabe dolt cool

Good you are not in the mood cool
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by nanidee(f): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2010
lol, this thread really got me laughing,  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yeah, our fellow igbo sister,   grin grin grin grin

Now let the insults and bashings begin  tongue tongue

she sits and folds her arms, just patiently waiting, grinning from ear to ear,  wink
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by alphabet43(m): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2010
At least she started a business and doesn't have to steal money anymore. Its unlike some people that cannot start business and make stealing a lifestyle, so they try to take all of it. How much money is enough? I commend her ojare
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by chimanu2000(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2010
this chick has been doing good music for a while now,since her days hanging with Bantu, i dont know about this inspired gist but she sure is talented.
Her music is not for everybody, same way some people dont like Afro beat and some dont like RAP. if you have ever played the FiFA 2010 game, youd have heard one of her tracks as a theme song.
Forget CNN, shes been voted as the next big thing by rolling stone magazines since 2009 and shes been touring europe almost non stop for about 2-3 years nows
i know most of my peeps prefer the dbanjs type stuff cos they have a beat but little lyrical content, (same way Asa was booed off stage at a comedy night show in lagos, just a year before she released her Big album).
Lets appreciate our people and stop making unproven comments and encouraging gossip.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Redman44(m): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2010
@texazzpete

I have commented on the issue of the child witches on other forums and on Facebook. You need to log on to YOUTUBE to hear what Nas and Damien Marley said about Nneka Egbuna. Nas and Damian Marley chose Nneka to perform with them on their 'Distant Relatives' tour for obvious reasons.  If Nneka's collaboration with Nas is not a giant stride, what will you call it? You don't have to like her music, mate. However, you can't take the shine off her. Nneka is going to get bigger as time goes on. The other day, Nigerians were voting for MI and P-Square so that they would win the BET Best International Musician Award. The award was given to Dizzee Rascal of Britain. K'naan was also nominated for that award. Though he did not win, K'naan stands a chance of getting a Grammy Nomination. White people love African artists that are also activists with their lyrics. What I'm trying to say here is that we need to appreciate what Nneka Egbuna is doing. If more Nigerian youths can start thinking the way she does and expressing themselves creatively, Nigeria will soon become a better place to live in.  Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Meldrick(m): 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2010
alphabet43:

At least she started a business and doesn't have to steal money anymore. Its unlike some people that cannot start business and make stealing a lifestyle, so they try to take all of it. How much money is enough? I commend her ojare

But do you really agree that she stole money to start her own business, Iam dissapointed. No one survives starting on a faulty note. I hope all this gist about her stealing is false.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2010
gestapo:

See double standard, look at you squeeling and yelping and frothing at the mouth because you "get" the sarcasm in my post, yet pretended not to "get" 4play's sense of humour cos you have a grouse to pick with him embarassed The joke is on you mate cool

nah!, you are very wrong,

This post might show you what i was trying to protect,

chimanu2000:

this chick has been doing good music for a while now,since her days hanging with Bantu, i dont know about this inspired gist but she sure is talented.

This is the misconception i was trying to prevent, In my own thinking, there are just some things you dont joke about,

4play's ranting is same as slander! Because an Nneka did something wrong dosent mean she reresents all Nneka

Not all who would be going through this thread might have learnt about the other Nneka issue, thus constituting a misinformation,

I hope i have been clear enough for you to understand, I rest my case and wont respond to any more comments,

But wait when did I even start a online war with 4play , Maybe you could point that to me,   grin

[size=4pt]Seems am even committing the same offence am blaming 4play for, i.e hijacking the thread[/size]  cheesy
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by EzeUche22(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2010
Nneka's music is from the heart. I can appreciate her alternative style like I do Wale, B.O.B. and all the other alternative artist.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2010
Meldrick:

But do you really agree that she stole money to start her own business, Iam dissapointed. No one survives starting on a faulty note. I hope all this gist about her stealing is false.

You see, stupid people,  angry

Now rumour would go round that Nneka stole money to start her music career, this is the INTERNET age,

Misinformation spreads like wildfire,

Abeg, mods can you delete 4plays posts.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by gestapo(f): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2010
mdsocks:

nah!, you are very wrong,

This post might show you what i was trying to protect,

This is the misconception i was trying to prevent, In my own thinking, there are just some things you dont joke about,

4play's ranting is same as slander! Because an Nneka did something wrong dosent mean she reresents all Nneka

Not all who would be going through this thread might have learnt about the other Nneka issue, thus constituting a misinformation,

I hope i have been clear enough for you to understand, I rest my case and wont respond to any more comments,

But wait when did I even start a online war with 4play , Maybe you could point that to me,   grin

[size=4pt]Seems am even committing the same offence am blaming 4play for, i.e hijacking the thread[/size]  cheesy

I "get" you, but there is no point taking panadol for other people's headache dearie and by other people "i mean the bunch of doofooses with zilch sense of humour showing themselves up, thinking they are intellectually superior to 4play wink

You are not going to be there when they go out into the World with their ignorance and lack of a funny bone in them, so why not contain them on NL for us to take potshot at them and flog them with love and commonsense grin

But then maybe you are jobless and and the best man that can reach out to all these ignorant mofos tongue because i can see you coming back to respond to all the posts on this thread, sorry for underestimating you grin I like you already cheesy

re the online war though, twas your "intent" cool
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by mrperfect(m): 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2010
Whose offense is this?
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Ibomade1: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2010
Nneka's music is alrite. But i'm not sure 9jerians will appreciate it.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2010
gestapo:

But then maybe you are jobless [/b]and and the best man that can reach out to all these ignorant mofos tongue

It seems your [b]"Partner in Progress"
[size=3pt]i.e 4play[/size] would greatly need this service than me, you might wanna offer him one, atleast that

would keep him busy for awhile.

I cant thank you enough if this can be achieved,
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Princek12(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2010
I love her music, very soulful and unique. It is unlike many of these generic beats on which some wanna be Nigerian artists who are wannabe rappers rap. I admire her originality and lyrics, for her lyrics talk about many issues that plague Nigerians, Africans, and black people as a whole.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2010
Since when did collaborating with Nas become 'giant strides'?
The same CNN did a piece on Child torture in Nigeria. How many of you even bothered to respond. Only three! And this is for people who are suffering and dying in your own country.
Now that someone collaborates with Nas, you pop out of the woodwork. Nigerians and their misplaced priorities!

Collaborating with Nas is an achievement.
When you can do a collabo with one of Hip hops veteran, it shows you have substance.

Why can't we praise those that deserve praises? Nneka is good.
At least she didn't 'forge' a collabo like 2face did with R.Kelly. cheesy
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by sizzlers(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2010
i like this chick, can anybody post her pic ??
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by gestapo(f): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2010
mdsocks:

It seems your "Partner in Progress" [size=3pt]i.e 4play[/size] would greatly need this service than me, you might wanna offer him one, atleast that

would keep him busy for awhile.

I cant thank you enough if this can be achieved,

Much appreciated kiss At least you can't say i didn't try, and at least now i know that next time you start having a tantrum throwing your dummy out of your mouth, i will know i am not the cause grin grin tongue

I'm out of herre, if i see you post here again i will report you to the moderator for derailing the thfread grin
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2010
this thread is comedy
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by azorjiu(m): 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2010
You guys should let the poor girl be.
She's doing great.
Didn't know about her until couple of months ago when a Welsh friend told me about her.
I was surprised I was being introduced to her music by a British.

Well, we hardly appreciate one of ours.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2010
This Nneka ain't have last name?  At first sight of this thread I thought is the Nneka Vs inspired,
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by azorjiu(m): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2010
REALITY101:

This Nneka ain't have last name? At first sight of this thread I thought is the Nneka Vs inspired,

Nneka Egbuna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNrQxCT4o0I&feature=related
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2010
sizzlers:

i like this chick, can anybody post her pic ??

Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2010
@ azorjiu Nwanne I appreciate We need more people like you here, God bless, I just love that sister's swagga she is just real in her own unique way no "WANNABIETIC"
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by buzugee(m): 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2010
who is she ? i never hear her music.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2010
@ buzugee she is another Igbo sister doing her thang so amazing, smiley smiley
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by soloqy: 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2010
@4play,

This is not even funny. Why cant you verify and know the Nneka that is being spoken about here? This Nneka didnt even start her career in Nigeria.

While we understand that there maybe a possibility of you knowing some Nneka who defrauded someone, its quite alarming that you refuse to listen to people pointing out that this is an entirely different person.
Do people just slander for the sake of it? embarassed
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Hardballer(m): 11:24pm On Sep 02, 2010
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2010
Pissssshhhhhh! I don't like her songs abeg, too juvenile. She tries to hard to be like CBR.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by double08(m): 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2010
what is special about this girl?
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by Becomrich0: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2010
What is NNEKA business with niger delta business, she is igbo. So she immigrated to warri. Good for her.
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 12:20am On Sep 03, 2010
Must she tell the whole world of the problems that Nigeria is facing recently?

Isn't that betraying one's country? undecided
Re: CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria by strangest(m): 12:22am On Sep 03, 2010
another Ibo girl, Mr Cork, where are you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Ojukwu Apologise For The Civil War? / Nigerians Living In Poverty Rise To Nearly 61% / We Are Not Tapping Telephone Lines Of Nigerian Citizens - DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.